Photo

Looking for information on Fritz Schiedel - Porsche mechanic 550 RS

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tampaguy

tampaguy

• 132 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 18:45

I am trying to locate a factory Porsche trained 4 cam expert named Frederick Wilhelm Schiedel . He was called Fritz at Sheppards Imports in Tampa Florida in the late 50's early 60's. After moving from Miami to Tampa to work at Import Motor Cars, Fritz informed Jack Sheppard the owner of Sheppard's that a unused 550 sat in the back of the Porsche Racing Department. This 550 was originally to have been sold to Jean Berra, Fritz suggested that Jack buy the car for Joe to race in the South East. When the car arrived it became Joe's favorite car and with Fritz the only person allowed to touch the car, It and Joe where unstoppable. When Joe hung up his helmet, the car was sold and shortly afterwards Fritz returned to Germany. Many years later Joe got a call from Fritz, but the two have not spoken since? Joe is still living in Tampa today,sharp as a whip.Speaking with him this week I mentioned that I would try to track down Fritz for him? If any one has information on Fritz please let him know that Joe would love to talk to him. Thank You, TampaGuy.

Edited by tampaguy, 22 January 2013 - 19:51.

Advertisement

#2 JoBo

JoBo

• 473 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:50

I am trying to locate a factory Porsche trained 4 cam expert named Frederick Wilhelm Schiedel . He was called Fritz at Sheppards Imports in Tampa Florida in the late 50's early 60's. After moving from Miami to Tampa to work at Import Motor Cars, Fritz informed Jack Sheppard the owner of Sheppard's that a unused 550 sat in the back of the Porsche Racing Department. This 550 was originally to have been sold to Jean Berra, Fritz suggested that Jack buy the car for Joe to race in the South East. When the car arrived it became Joe's favorite car and with Fritz the only person allowed to touch the car, It and Joe where unstoppable. When Joe hung up his helmet, the car was sold and shortly afterwards Fritz returned to Germany. Many years later Joe got a call from Fritz, but the two have not spoken since? Joe is still living in Tampa today,sharp as a whip.Speaking with him this week I mentioned that I would try to track down Fritz for him? If any one has information on Fritz please let him know that Joe would love to talk to him. Thank You, TampaGuy.

I assume you mean Jean Behra....?

JoBo

#3 tampaguy

tampaguy

• 132 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 16:22

I assume you mean Jean Behra....?

JoBo

iPad issue!

#4 tampaguy

tampaguy

• 132 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 21:10

Still trying to locate Fritz :confused:

#5 Frida

Frida

• 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:54

Hi Tampaguy,

I am from Germany and came up to this post by chance. So I registrated new in this forum only to give you a reply / answer of your question.

I know Fritz Schiedel very well, as I am his daughter. :D So maybe you can reply to me and both of us can help Joe and him to get in contact after all this years. I already informed my Dad and he is very glad to hear that Joe wants to talk to him  :D  :D  :D . So please let me know if Joe is stil o.k.? Think he sould be now nearly 90 or so? Best wishes from Germany Frida

#6 tampaguy

tampaguy

• 132 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 14:26

Hello Frida ! I am so happy to hear that your father is well ! Thank you for contacting me, I let Joe know this morning and he was quite excited to realize that they might speak again real soon. Joe is doing well, still in Tampa, married again, first wife passed. Other then a little hard of hearing but healthy. I hope your father is in good health too ? Wher does Fritz live, age ? What has he been doing aft he left the USA ? Please email me direct jackpaulshea(at)gmail.com Joe can't wait to talk to Fritz, do you have any photos from his time with Joe? I have a lot to share with you both....Jack Shea

Edited by Vitesse2, 21 March 2016 - 14:30.
Edited to remove email link

#7 Frida

Frida

• 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 16:11

Hello Frida ! I am so happy to hear that your father is well ! Thank you for contacting me, I let Joe know this morning and he was quite excited to realize that they might speak again real soon. Joe is doing well, still in Tampa, married again, first wife passed. Other then a little hard of hearing but healthy. I hope your father is in good health too ? Wher does Fritz live, age ? What has he been doing aft he left the USA ? Please email me direct jackpaulshea(at)gmail.com Joe can't wait to talk to Fritz, do you have any photos from his time with Joe? I have a lot to share with you both....Jack Shea

Hi Tampaguy,

just sent you a direct email.  ;)

Frida