* * * * - 17 votes

Lotus E21

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4314 replies to this topic

#1901 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 23:04

I simply do not get why people say Enstone is on a budget.... That does not mean that they can win a title. Enstone won in 1994-1995, 2005-2006 while beating teams such as Ferrari and Williams ('94-'95) and McLaren and Ferrari ('05-'06) with bigger budgets than them.

They can and will win given the situation and Kimi can do it.

In 2005-2006 they were the Renault factory team, so their budget was quite a bit closer to Ferrari/McLaren than it is now. 1994-1995 is too long ago to be relevant to today's team.

But they are making excellent use of the resources they have available and are showing that you don't need to 'brainlessly' throw money around to build a more than decent car.

Advertisement

#1902 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 23:06

Lotus will have an experimental exhaust and bodywork combination as well as a new front wing to try out on Friday in Malaysia #F1

huh where u got that info

#1903 swerved

swerved

• 3,678 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 23:11

Lotus will have an experimental exhaust and bodywork combination as well as a new front wing to try out on Friday in Malaysia #F1

2MS

Melbourne was a dream debut for the E21, and for Kimi's chances of a WDC with it, but it was just that, a start, I think if we're lucky it'll be a case of Lotus fighting Ferrari for the honours, I'm inclined to believe that Ferrari wont struggle this year as they did last year, but its a long long competition and a perfect start doesn't always equate to a perfect finish, my fear is that Lotus might not be able to sustain a long hard development race, but who knows, if the results remain positive it could add extra impetus to the team, as well as making them more attractive to potential sponsors, as they say, success usually breeds success, not always, but often.

#1904 Ragingjamaican

Ragingjamaican

• 654 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 00:12

Being over 1 second off the front in Quali is a slight concern for Lotus but the race pace seems amazing.

The qualifying session was with varied conditions, so I don't think they are 1 second off the pace on one lap. I do however think that they are a bit behind on one lap pace, but not as much as last year.

#1905 Alburaq

Alburaq

• 1,098 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 00:29

I simply do not get why people say Enstone is on a budget.... That does not mean that they can win a title. Enstone won in 1994-1995, 2005-2006 while beating teams such as Ferrari and Williams ('94-'95) and McLaren and Ferrari ('05-'06) with bigger budgets than them.

True. but dont forget what 2014 brings... They need a big amount of ressouces for next season and they need that now..

Edited by Alburaq, 19 March 2013 - 00:37.

#1906 Alburaq

Alburaq

• 1,098 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 00:29

I'm suprised too but that tweet comes from Matt Somerfield who's a credible guy.

#1907 Hayden1

Hayden1

• 398 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 00:40

it is going to be cauple of long days and nights in Ferrari and RBR garages till the Malaysian GP. I think when they are watching lap 56 of this race with 1.29.2 for 2 stoping Kimi.........
You could see from the onboards that he was just takeing it easy all the way.If he push to the limit it could be a complete 1st round KO.
BTW , seems like Lotus have some kind of a freaken suspension system. There was bottoming all the time but still a straight line speed was great, and Kimi had a so much more camber on front right then other cars. Hmmmm....

Edited by Hayden1, 19 March 2013 - 00:43.

#1908 Ramses1348

Ramses1348

• 576 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:27

Interesting speculation about the suspension, looks like lotus was definitely doing something different. What was the system that they tried to bring last year and that was banned before season start? It was some sort of ride height adjustment No? could it be that they found a way to make it legal?

Edited by Ramses1348, 19 March 2013 - 03:28.

#1909 V3TT3L

V3TT3L

• 1,681 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:38

Lotus does have something different in the rear suspension. :up:

No rake.
The rear bottom was crapping the floor and sparkling, even at the end of the race with little fuel.

#1910 Diderlo

Diderlo

• 170 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:56

Interesting speculation about the suspension, looks like lotus was definitely doing something different. What was the system that they tried to bring last year and that was banned before season start? It was some sort of ride height adjustment No? could it be that they found a way to make it legal?

I think you are referring to this http://www.f1technic...26ff5a8070faa1f
But this seems to be something different, can't wait for Malaysia.

#1911 Oho

Oho

• 7,656 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:50

No not really, it was a system to prevent nose form diving (i.e. anti dive system) under heavy braking and it acted on rotational forces (physicists if my choice of words is bad I apologize) or momentum on front brake calipers. Calipers press pads against the rotor which in turn try to rotate the calipers which was used to stiffen front suspension in unspecified manner.

#1912 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:11

No not really, it was a system to prevent nose form diving (i.e. anti dive system) under heavy braking and it acted on rotational forces (physicists if my choice of words is bad I apologize) or momentum on front brake calipers. Calipers press pads against the rotor which in turn try to rotate the calipers which was used to stiffen front suspension in unspecified manner.

ALLISON YOU ARE HERE!

But on a serious note. That was pretty damn good explanation.

#1913 ICEBALL

ICEBALL

• 163 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:37

From here !!

#1914 UPRC

UPRC

• 4,616 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:14

While not strictly about the car, I have to say... I've really warmed up to Eric Boullier. Under his watch, the Enstone team has become much more relaxed than it had been before and they all seem remarkably down to earth. His admittance that he wants to allow as much creative freedom as possible in the team, while also refusing to tell Kimi what to do and letting him not take part in too many things that he hates, just makes him look that much more human. While he still feels like a very new face, perhaps because the team has only recently started to enjoy success since he was brought in, but I really respect the guy's approach and approve of him way more than I ever did with Flavio.

A down to earth team principal, an owner who adores racing, and two very human drivers is just making this team more and more likable by the year! :up:

... of course, having one hell of a sexy machine and some good results now help a bit too!

#1915 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:39

They don't have a title sponsor. Instead, they have a lot of debt and the name of a defunct company that they receive no money from on their car. It could hardly be more opposite those other two periods where they were rolling in dough as Flavio's Bennetton sponsored team and Renault+Michelin factory team.

#1916 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 2,936 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:56

What do you guys think about Allison's comments in the latest Autosport article? http://www.autosport...t.php/id/106155

"The car's fairly finely-balanced and we can't assume that we will be able to pull off the trick of running one fewer stop than everyone else at a competitive pace everywhere we go"

Allison admitted that the car's qualifying performance was roughly representative of its position in the competitive order, but that the tyre characteristics this year means that starting position is not as important as it was at the end of 2012.

He's basically saying it's "just" the tyres that made Lotus look so good in Australia, not the cars inherent pace. My first impressions were rather different from Allison's statements as I thought it is more than anything else a trade-off between one lap and race pace this year in terms of car set-up. After the weekend I was convinced that Lotus could have gone faster in quali as they optimised the car for race performance and Kimi admitted he was too cautious and even made a mistake on his lap, so the fourth row on the grid should not be the God given place for this car as Allison makes it sound. As for the race, I believe Kimi could even have made a 3 stopper work as he was taking it easy for large parts and considering the ease he managed to do the necessary overtakes.

Thankfully we won't have to speculate another week.

Edited by Jovanotti, 19 March 2013 - 10:59.

#1917 Alburaq

Alburaq

• 1,098 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:24

Typical Allison...
And if Allison says we will have a new floor in Sepang, be sure Lotus will bring a new floor, new wings, new bargeboards, a new nose, new exhausts etc :lol:
-->

Edited by Alburaq, 19 March 2013 - 11:28.

#1918 Torsion

Torsion

• 627 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:28

What do you guys think about Allison's comments in the latest Autosport article? http://www.autosport...t.php/id/106155

He's basically saying it's "just" the tyres that made Lotus look so good in Australia, not the cars inherent pace. My first impressions were rather different from Allison's statements as I thought it is more than anything else a trade-off between one lap and race pace this year in terms of car set-up. After the weekend I was convinced that Lotus could have gone faster in quali as they optimised the car for race performance and Kimi admitted he was too cautious and even made a mistake on his lap, so the fourth row on the grid should not be the God given place for this car as Allison makes it sound. As for the race, I believe Kimi could even have made a 3 stopper work as he was taking it easy for large parts and considering the ease he managed to do the necessary overtakes.

A slightly different tone in the comments here (Malaysia Preview)
- a very nice read overall
http://t.co/mWOWP6Qi1Z

James Allison:
"Despite coming to the end of a long stint, the final moments saw Kimi pulling out fastest laps of the race and it didn’t look as though his tyres were dropping off. He wasn’t struggling or showboating at the end, he was just running at the pace the car was comfortable with, which is hugely encouraging."

he goes on to say:
"Kimi was full of praise for his car on Sunday night and both drivers showed decent pace at various points in the weekend, but I think if you look at Romain’s post-race comments it shows how marginal these things can be. Getting the set up just so and having both driver and car working in harmony is far from a given, so there’s no room for complacency at all."

Also Kimi Saying:
"Of course I’m happy that we didn’t really have to go full speed all the time so it’s kind of a good sign, a good race for us, but as I said, it might be a completely different story in Malaysia."

Edited by Torsion, 19 March 2013 - 11:41.

#1919 Alburaq

Alburaq

• 1,098 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:41

A slightly different tone in the comments here from James Allioson (Malaysia Preview)
- a very nice read overall
http://t.co/mWOWP6Qi1Z

Very different statements from Allison :drunk:
not a typical Allisonian behaviour :p

Thx for the link

Advertisement

#1920 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:53

I believe what Allison is saying is simply that doing a stop less like in Australia probably won't be possible everywhere because of the tyres, not because they are 'scared' that they won't be able to get the car working well enough to do it.

For example, Malaysia is 56 laps and let's assume Lotus can run around 30% longer stints than Ferrari etc.
- Scenario 1:
Let's say Ferrari etc. can run 12 laps on the softer tyres and 24 on the harder, while Lotus can run 16 laps on the softer and 32 on the harder. That means that both of them will run a 2 stopper, altough Lotus could go far longer on a set of of tyres, just not long enough to pull of a 1 stopper. There's basically no huge use/benefit for being able to run longer over the course of the race except that they have a bit more freedom in strategy (stay out longer or pit earlier to get clean air) and can push a bit harder for some laps, i.e. make one stint significant shorter and push hard to try and overtake some cars.

- Scenario 2:
Let's say Ferrari etc. can run 8 laps on the softer tyres and 17 on the harder, while Lotus can run 11 laps on the softer and 23 on the harder.
The Ferrari's will have to do a 3-stopper, while the Lotus can pull of a 2-stopper again, resulting in an immediate 20s gain over the race distance.

It's just dependent on how long the tyres last. Sometimes they will be Lucky that the maximum stint lengths between them and the other teams are such that they allow a stop less, other times they will have to make the same nr of stops although they can make the tyres last quite a bit longer.

Edited by F.M., 19 March 2013 - 11:58.

#1921 nada12

nada12

• 458 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:58

Huh ? where did this 'info' come from ? from nowhere IMO
E21 was fast everytime it hit the track and in very different condtions.

Wait and see. Lotus drivers couldnt show their car's potential Saturday; they did just one lap against two for Ferrari, RBR, Merc, and they did mistakes.. but still; if you take Grosjean's best sectors (4th fastest in S2 and S3) and KR's S1 (both drivers were fast in S1 all the weekend, but RG lost 6tenths to Kr in S1 in his Q3 and 3 tenths to a Force India) you end up in the second row...
Alosnso made a little mistake but Massa's lap is a good landmark.

Look what Slade said and how Kr easily managed his race... this car can be as fast with a three stop strategy.

Allison now said pretty much exactly the same thing I did. But I guess you know better than him.

#1922 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,646 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:05

A thing about budget; front-wings are very expensive to develop and manufacture, but the last two seasons, Enstone has come up with impressively many front-wing incarnations! I would guess more than the others, so in addition to coming up with new ideas, they obviously have the financial power to keep up in that area.
Even if the budget owes something to Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari, front wings are a very, very important area for staying in touch and keeping their place in the pecking order.

#1923 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:08

A thing about budget; front-wings are very expensive to develop and manufacture, but the last two seasons, Enstone has come up with impressively many front-wing incarnations! I would guess more than the others, so in addition to coming up with new ideas, they obviously have the financial power to keep up in that area.
Even if the budget owes something to Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari, front wings are a very, very important area for staying in touch and keeping their place in the pecking order.

Keep in mind that not every new FW is completely new. Often they just change 1 or 2 elements so they only have to build those 2 new parts and not completely new wings

#1924 Alburaq

Alburaq

• 1,098 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:10

Allison now said pretty much exactly the same thing I did. But I guess you know better than him.

Allison in the second interview (that Torsion posted) said pretty much what I, the drivers and Slade said (about qualifying pace, the car's polyvalence etc) :)
In the interview you talk about he contradicts the drivers, Slade and the facts (qualyifing errors) :) why ? don't know. he's often downplaying Lotus's form anyway... much more than a Permane or a Boullier.

#1925 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:21

Q: What steps has Kimi made over the winter?
Eric Boullier: Well he’s smiling more!

Always a good sign! :)

http://www.formula1....test Interviews

Edited by F.M., 19 March 2013 - 12:21.

#1926 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,646 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:35

Keep in mind that not every new FW is completely new. Often they just change 1 or 2 elements so they only have to build those 2 new parts and not completely new wings

Absolutely, but the amount of research that's behind every update, is pretty big even if the visual change isn't very big. My commentators took some time to talk about this during the wait after Q1.

#1927 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,553 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:57

Last season Grosjean went through 2-3 front wings per weekend so that at least shows they have enormous production capabilities.

EDIT: on a serious note though they invested several million last season into upgrading production equipment at the factory. I think it shows already, new parts couple of days ago and now new wings and bodywork a few short days later again. Impressive.

Edited by Cool Beans, 19 March 2013 - 13:02.

#1928 Alburaq

Alburaq

• 1,098 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 13:32

The new parts they raced in Melbourne are not new; they tested them in the two last Barcelona days.. a part from the ''r'' shaped turning vanes. The least are from last year.

#1929 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 14:02

No, he didn't.

#1930 limit

limit

• 61 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 16:12

Before Australia allison said that they will fight for the top, downplaying my ass. Alburaq, you are really annoying guy.

#1931 nada12

nada12

• 458 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 16:15

No, he didn't.

Ok then.

#1932 Torsion

Torsion

• 627 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 17:07

With the long straights in Sepang, I wonder whether we might see the DRD in action. Probably some gains to be had if we can get it working properly.

#1933 spaforever

spaforever

• 53 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 17:13

With the long straights in Sepang, I wonder whether we might see the DRD in action. Probably some gains to be had if we can get it working properly.

I would be really surprised if DRD will be ready to be used in Sepang,

#1934 Trust

Trust

• 3,195 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 17:15

There's no way DRD will be ready. I suspect they'll introduce device after summer break.

#1935 yoyogetfunky

yoyogetfunky

• 856 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 17:23

Not sure if they have the financial power, or maybe the technical know how and guts to think outside the box. Also, their CFD seems to work superb, as a lot of their upgrades all seem to work in an instant.

I cannot understand why teams like Ferrari - coming short in head power, and McLaren - having trouble now, are not making James Allison an offer he really cant refuse.

#1936 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,231 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 17:35

Not sure if they have the financial power, or maybe the technical know how and guts to think outside the box. Also, their CFD seems to work superb, as a lot of their upgrades all seem to work in an instant.

I cannot understand why teams like Ferrari - coming short in head power, and McLaren - having trouble now, are not making James Allison an offer he really cant refuse.

possible reasons ...

1. moving to ferrari means moving to italy, and moreover, lack of freedom, mountain of pressure and fears of head rolling

2. moving to mclaren means moving to a controlled place where most of the time innovative ideas will be muffled and less personal freedom.

that's my look on it, kimi was in both of those teams and we all know how it ended, maybe allison took note of it. in any case, i'd not want him to move anywhere as long as Kimsta is there :wave:

#1937 Lone

Lone

• 659 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 17:52

possible reasons ...

1. moving to ferrari means moving to italy, and moreover, lack of freedom, mountain of pressure and fears of head rolling

2. moving to mclaren means moving to a controlled place where most of the time innovative ideas will be muffled and less personal freedom.

that's my look on it, kimi was in both of those teams and we all know how it ended, maybe allison took note of it. in any case, i'd not want him to move anywhere as long as Kimsta is there :wave:

I don't think Allison cares a bit about Kimis experiences. Besides he 's not a driver having to do the PR work drivers has to do.

Reasons to move:

1) Money (never underestimate the power of money)
2) If the offer is technical freedom with an "unlimited" budget (compared to Lotus)
3) The possibility to be considered as an all time great (should be greater at a team with a bigger budget and a greater history)
4) Work for McLaren, the unofficial British/English team
5) A new challenge and an acknowledgement that you are in fact one of the best in your field

Just to mention a few, but I'm sure there are a lot more and I don't want him to move either, unless Kimi does and then hopefully to the same team.

#1938 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,231 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 18:07

I don't think Allison cares a bit about Kimis experiences. Besides he 's not a driver having to do the PR work drivers has to do.

Reasons to move:

1) Money (never underestimate the power of money)
2) If the offer is technical freedom with an "unlimited" budget (compared to Lotus)
3) The possibility to be considered as an all time great (should be greater at a team with a bigger budget and a greater history)
4) Work for McLaren, the unofficial British/English team
5) A new challenge and an acknowledgement that you are in fact one of the best in your field

Just to mention a few, but I'm sure there are a lot more and I don't want him to move either, unless Kimi does and then hopefully to the same team.

i agree with all of those, it's a Pros-Cons thing. for kimi, the only option is up ... i.e RB

regarding lotusF1 budget, it's still the second works team for REnault. they have a history with enstone, they'll always have a soft spot for it. if u consider, lotusF1 gives renault more exposure than RB and i'll bet a chunk of sponsorship money comes from renault.

Does anyone knows if lotusF1 pays for it's engines or gets some sort of discounts???

#1939 yoyogetfunky

yoyogetfunky

• 856 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 18:21

in any case, i'd not want him to move anywhere as long as Kimsta is there :wave:

Haha I hear you man! But for a few weeks now I reckon McLaren maybe a bit underwhelmed by the 'leadership' of Jenson Button, and iwll look for another star to partner Jenson in 2014. Why not Kimi? Then again maybe McLaren wants it, I think Kimi likes his freedom a lot at Lotus and does want to lose that. Then again, if Alllison goes, I dont think the Lotus cars will be as good as they are today.

But to come back to the upgrades/frontwing: kuddos to Lotus! Well done!

Advertisement

#1940 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 18:40

Who says they haven't.

Allison is a man of honour, respecting his contracts. Furthermore, he's happy at Lotus and as long as he will be given a budget on which they should be able/are able to fight with the top teams (not the same as the same budget) I don't expect him to leave.
At Lotus he has a relaxed environment, top of the notch equipment and complete freedom. Things Allison values more than making a buttload of money (he's far from underpaid at Lotus; it's just that some teams are desperate enough nowadays to put engineers on driver's salaries.)

Additonally, there's no way Kimi will leave Lotus for McLaren. Atm, Lotus is the most perfect match for Kimi and Kimi knows that the most of all. He's happy with the way he's treated and the car they provide him. At McLaren this year he would be sad about both of those and in the future he at best would be happy with the car.

Edited by F.M., 19 March 2013 - 18:43.

#1941 GlenP

GlenP

• 3,403 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 19:11

Lotus are on the up, and they will be very well placed in 2014 on the engine side of things. Plus I agree that the team seems to know how to keep Kimi happy.

#1942 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,231 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 19:27

Does anyone knows if lotusF1 pays for it's engines or gets some sort of discounts???

to reply to my own question .... from feb 2012

La Gazzetta dello Sport, however, said the Enstone based team is now paying for its 2.4 litre V8 power.

“But only 70 per cent,” said Renault’s Jean-Francois Caubet, “because we remain sponsors of the team from Enstone.

“We also have a technical collaboration that relates to KERS and the turbo V6 engine that will come in 2014,” he added.

link

#1943 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 2,925 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 19:32

Does anyone think that Lotus have sorted their straight line speed out? Previously even with DRS they were slow in a straight line. I remember seeing Grosjean blast past someone relatively easily - might have had something to do with the tyres though.

#1944 GlenP

GlenP

• 3,403 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 19:35

I think a straight line overtake in Melbourne is almost certainly all about traction, either from a car good in that department or (more likely) with better tyres at that point in time.

#1945 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,231 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 19:37

Does anyone think that Lotus have sorted their straight line speed out? Previously even with DRS they were slow in a straight line. I remember seeing Grosjean blast past someone relatively easily - might have had something to do with the tyres though.

straight line speed corresponds to the gearing of the car. aero-wise, lotus is good. it depends on where you qualify, if a team is front runner like RBR, they'll gear the car short for max qualy performance cause they know they wont have to do much overtaking in the midfields. if u qualify in the midfield, u wanna overtake cars and thus u go for longer ratios and high top speed, thus sacrificing performance in qualy. remember abu dhabi 2012??? vettel's speed was due to high gear ratios.

btw, top speed of lotus for 2013 seems good, in melbourne, they were good. third fastest IIRC

#1946 Alburaq

Alburaq

• 1,098 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 20:12

Indeed, E21 seems stronger in that area (straight line speed) when compared to the 'coanda'-exhaust-E20.

Edited by Alburaq, 19 March 2013 - 20:13.

#1947 GlenP

GlenP

• 3,403 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 20:21

Indeed, E21 seems stronger in that area (straight line speed) when compared to the 'coanda'-exhaust-E20.

The Red Bull type exhaust is supposedly better for slower/medium speed corners, braking and traction - pretty much Melbourne. And supposedly the other type (á la McLaren) is better for the high speed corners.

Sepang of course is more mixed - well find out quite soon what the car is like in faster corners, and with longer straights, and much warmer conditions.

#1948 SRK

SRK

• 177 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 20:26

The Red Bull type exhaust is supposedly better for slower/medium speed corners, braking and traction - pretty much Melbourne. And supposedly the other type (á la McLaren) is better for the high speed corners.

Sepang of course is more mixed - well find out quite soon what the car is like in faster corners, and with longer straights, and much warmer conditions.

McLaren solution is better for braking stability. In fast corners there is no difference.

#1949 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,553 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 20:40

Fascinating. Got any sources for that SRK?

#1950 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 6,027 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 20:40

Indeed, E21 seems stronger in that area (straight line speed) when compared to the 'coanda' exhaust E20.

car is better in every area.

James Allison interview in Turun Sanomat:

Are you thinking about Championship title alreaydy?
-" No I don't. There is just great feeling and hopefully we will have a good race at Malaysia as well."
-" melbourne isn't same to other tracks in calendar , of course Kimi's win is greatly welcomed but it's pointless to think that will dominate in other tracks by making one stop less than others, we are not gonna fall for that."

Is Kimi now more ready as driver for qualifying and races than he was last year?

-"Kimi was alreay pretty good at the beginning of last year.But right now he is in his top peak, full of confidence and relaxed. Kimi seems to be in really good shape and he has got a good feeling in a car all the time, that's why he is going so fast." Allison praised.

How did your engineer groupd developed car that is this good?

-"We already last year did a car that was reasonable good for the tyres, but it 's fair to pronounce that even in normald conditions we wouldn't have been on pole in qualifying. We have a very good racing car and at this point a good racing car is very valuable to the tea."

Different natures in drivingstyles

Allison praised Kimi's result but remembered that both Lotus drivers are very good for their tyres.

-" their drivingstyle is different. Kimi is a bit more aggressive to his front tyres, while Romain is tougher for rear tyres. Both are still very gentle to the tyres, which helps us perfectly to take advantage of the cars strenght."

Grosjeans 2 stop strategy was ruined by bad start and he destroyed his tyres behind others.

Kimi still had life on his tyres because he came to change them before they were out grained out.
-"I talked with Kimi after the race and he said he had no difficulties at all with tyres and get them saved without any sweat. Some spot during friday practise we but tanks full of fuel and at that time driving 25 lap stints is very tough and sweaty job to do."

-" interesting thing about the race was that no other team got their tyres work like we did. It's a good siqn that we were the only top team who were able to do 2 stops.
"