- - - - -

Who's going to Albert Park?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ScM

ScM

• 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:47

I am! Who else is going? and where is everyone sitting? I was lucky enough to get Gold tickets so I get the pit lane tours and the main straight walk on the Sunday, super excited. Third race and second in Melbourne, hoping for a repeat of last years result :)

Advertisement

#2 Sin

Sin

• 2,042 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:55

I'm not... I however WILL go to Hockenheim 2014 ! :p dont have the money for german GP this year so :p planning for next year

Edited by Sin, 24 January 2013 - 11:55.

#3 alfa1

alfa1

• 1,997 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 18:01

I am! Who else is going?

Seeing as how I live within (long) walking distance, I'm practically there already. :)

Prost stand.

#4 wonk123

wonk123

• 1,658 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:35

Prost Stand for me.

#5 GreenMachine

GreenMachine

• 2,629 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:13

Due to a series of errors, rescheduling of events, etc, I have inadvertantly found myself in Melbourne that Sunday, with nothing scheduled ... :clap:

Budget rules out a stand, but will almost certainly get a one day GA. I haven't been able to find one on the local site, only multi day, but I found some on an o/s ticketing site :rolleyes: so I guess I will be able to get a one day ticket here.

#6 RobertoLarcos

RobertoLarcos

• 50 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:21

+1

Sitting in Fangio stand this year. It's going to be immense!

#7 OssieFan

OssieFan

• 841 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:54

This will be my eleventh GP trip. Got a new slr camera so I'll be there in GA enjoying the views, can't wait! :clap:

#8 GrandPrixAdvisor

GrandPrixAdvisor

• 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 13:05

Prost Stand for me.

Likewise. I'm hoping we can see the grid from the second to top row in section J. Can't wait.

#9 GrandPrixAdvisor

GrandPrixAdvisor

• 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 13:11

This will be my eleventh GP trip. Got a new slr camera so I'll be there in GA enjoying the views, can't wait! :clap:

That'll be my eleventh too, and my fifth time in Melbourne.

The best GA spot I found was on the hill next to the Clark grandstand. Great view of of Turn 9 from here: http://grandprixadvi...376 589x393.jpg

Beware the crowds - it gets packet very - very - early and you have access to the grandstand TV screen (located outside the picture on the left).

#10 GrandPrixAdvisor

GrandPrixAdvisor

• 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 13:17

Due to a series of errors, rescheduling of events, etc, I have inadvertantly found myself in Melbourne that Sunday, with nothing scheduled ... :clap:

Budget rules out a stand, but will almost certainly get a one day GA. I haven't been able to find one on the local site, only multi day, but I found some on an o/s ticketing site :rolleyes: so I guess I will be able to get a one day ticket here.

You should be able to get a GA day ticket from the official site grandprix.com.au.

We base our price list off theirs and single tickets have been available since April 2012: http://grandprixadvi.....et Prices.png

#11 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:34

Bernie has been quoted as saying he would like to come back to Albert Park for the next 50 years! :rolleyes:

#12 DogEarred

DogEarred

• 21,305 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:07

Bernie has been quoted as saying he would like to come back to Albert Park for the next 50 years! :rolleyes:

Just bury him there then.

I'll be there Saturday only. Much better to watch on tv these days.

#13 OssieFan

OssieFan

• 841 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:53

That'll be my eleventh too, and my fifth time in Melbourne.

The best GA spot I found was on the hill next to the Clark grandstand. Great view of of Turn 9 from here: http://grandprixadvi...376 589x393.jpg

Beware the crowds - it gets packet very - very - early and you have access to the grandstand TV screen (located outside the picture on the left).

That's a good spot. In the early days I'd try and get near a superscreen but I can't be bothered sitting in the one spot all day. I remember the big group of Montoya fans back in the day, always provided a good atmosphere :)

#14 SJ Lambert

SJ Lambert

• 5,326 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:51

General admission for me! Besides the spot near the Clark stand, the last couple of turns can be OK too.

#15 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:38

well I will be in Melbourne next week - but unfortunately have to fly out before the weekend...bugger

However, I will be at the Malaysian Grandprix the week after...and that's a whole lot cheaper for Grandstand tickets - especially as I bought before 1 Jan so they were half price :)