Photo

Lola T70

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Terry Walker

Terry Walker

• 3,005 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 16:07

This is not an advertisement, but an astounded thank-you.

The other day I arrived home to find a package at my door. It weighed a ton. On opening it proved to be an amazing book called Lola T70 by John Starkey and Franco Varani.

To say that I was flabbergasted is an understatement. Why, I wondered, would anyone send me this magnificent tome?

Eventually I discovered some details, and three photos, of a Lola T70 which had raced in Western Australia, which I had contributed two or three years ago! Now all I can think is that if everyone who contributed on the modest scale that I did received a free copy, there must have been at least a million printed.

540 pages, almost all in colour, countless photos ( and I seriously will not try to count them!) and a detailed history of every chassis! I discovered things about our local T70 that never knw, like it was the Paul Hawkins car, not the Hulme Car, which I had always assumed.

I have inevitably lost the email address for Franco Varani, who I am sure contacted me some time ago. This is my only means of acknowledgement of this amazing surprise!

Thank you Franco! And TNF!

Advertisement

#2 smigel

smigel

• 10 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 16:27

Coincidentally I bought the book myself a couple of weeks ago and I have to agree it is excellent. :)

#3 scags

scags

• 405 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:19

Sounds like a nice surprise. Better than a bunch of bills.