* * * - - 8 votes

Red Bull RB9 Launch

• Please log in to reply
305 replies to this topic

#251 andrewf1

andrewf1

• 468 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:30

Are we going to see some pictures of the real car instead of the current anti RB glory fest?

you're talking as if the users here have a responsibility towards you to post some pictures. there are but a couple of pictures released by red bull, for whatever reason, paranoia or being secretive, that's it. journalists were forbidden as much as possible to take photos of the car.

Edited by andrewf1, 03 February 2013 - 15:30.

Advertisement

#252 windtravels

windtravels

• 901 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:34

Incredibly sculpted. No doubt a top contender.

#253 Treads

Treads

• 739 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:41

What rubbish, those affiliated with the Ferrari, McLaren and Williams fan base thought RBR was a cool team considering they didn't let people of Jaguar fall to the kerb. It all changed when they started winning, which has nothing to do with the team but more to do with Tall Poppy's.

People who really appreciate Redbull probabably don't hang out here anyway plenty of better more informed forums without the demographic bias and the Lewis worship rubbish.

In what way can an expression of my own opinion be rubbish? I disliked Red Bull, tried to move past that, they pulled this 'launch', I am confirmed in my opinion that I intensely dislike the way they go about doing things and hence will continue to root for the silver cars, the Lotuses,the underdogs and even the red cars ahead of them. This 'launch' wasted my time and that of many journalists. You ate quite right red bull aren't obliged to show off their IP, but this launch stunk and i think deep down you know that?

Re: suggesting all Red Bull fans were glory hunters - apologies, I expressed myself poorly, I'd like to amend that to say some very deserving long term fans and a larger number of Johnny come latelies.

#254 Risil

Risil

• 13,423 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:43

Incredibly sculpted. No doubt a top contender.

Looks fast.

#255 mattferg

mattferg

• 847 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:45

In what way can an expression of my own opinion be rubbish? I disliked Red Bull, tried to move past that, they pulled this 'launch', I am confirmed in my opinion that I intensely dislike the way they go about doing things and hence will continue to root for the silver cars, the Lotuses,the underdogs and even the red cars ahead of them. This 'launch' wasted my time and that of many journalists. You ate quite right red bull aren't obliged to show off their IP, but this launch stunk and i think deep down you know that?

Re: suggesting all Red Bull fans were glory hunters - apologies, I expressed myself poorly, I'd like to amend that to say some very deserving long term fans and a larger number of Johnny come latelies.

I actually went to the launch and enjoyed it. Grow up and get past your Lewis worship. I agree with the previous poster, for an RB fan this forum is getting horrific. Even PlanetF1 is better.

#256 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:46

I actually went to the launch and enjoyed it. Grow up and get past your Lewis worship. I agree with the previous poster, for an RB fan this forum is getting horrific. Even PlanetF1 is better.

JHC, does anyone who says something anything against Redbull automatically get tagged in your juvenille view a "Lewis Worshipper"

GROW UP

Redbull have only themselves to blame for this, not fans off other teams, or journalists, they should act more professional in what is really a Show.

Edited by study, 03 February 2013 - 15:48.

#257 mattferg

mattferg

• 847 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:47

JHC, does anyone who says something anyone from Redbull automatically tagged in your juvenille view a "Lewis Worshipper"

GROW UP

Err no, it was his immediate suggestion of rooting for the 'silver' cars first, ahead of RB, of which lewis has driven for both. Please read posts in future. Red bull has nothing to blame anyone for, the launch went well. I know, I was there, unlike you.

Edited by mattferg, 03 February 2013 - 15:49.

#258 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:49

Err no, of was his immediate suggestion of rooting for the 'silver' cars first, ahead of RB, of which lewis has driven for both. Please read posts in future.

Where does that make him a Lewis fan, has lewis also driven for Lotus. Grow up.

You was there, you've said. We know, how does that make how red bull acted better?

Edited by study, 03 February 2013 - 15:50.

#259 aray

aray

• 2,543 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:49

in terms of 'shapes' and 'curves',this car beats all other launched so far...and i doubt there will be anyone who can top it....:up:

Advertisement

#260 mattferg

mattferg

• 847 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:50

Where does that make him a Lewis fan, has lewis also driven for Lotus. Grow up.

He said the silver cars first. You're so amusing, telling me to grow up and acting like a child :-). Aww!

#261 plumtree

plumtree

• 712 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:53

Tiny sidepods http://motorsport.ne...l-03fev/019.jpg

+ It seems like Infiniti logo will replace Wingsforlife logo around the chin (helmet).

Edited by plumtree, 03 February 2013 - 15:55.

#262 Sin

Sin

• 1,940 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:53

I really reallly love the colour cant wait to see the shinyness of it moving especially looking forward to the night race

#263 Treads

Treads

• 739 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:54

I did't even mention Lewis, nor do I worship him. Did you even read what I said? In your world everyone who dislikes Red bull is a Lewis worshipper? Shame.

Bottom line - with the most honest intentions, this launch alienated me from a team I would love to like, partly because I enjoy their product a lot. And that says something.

#264 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,044 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:54

Err no, it was his immediate suggestion of rooting for the 'silver' cars first, ahead of RB, of which lewis has driven for both. Please read posts in future. Red bull has nothing to blame anyone for, the launch went well. I know, I was there, unlike you.

The attending journalists were thrilled with how it went.

#265 noikeee

noikeee

• 9,439 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:55

Ewwww purple. I know I've been complaining all the liveries don't change but I don't like it.

The rear looks incredibly tight I am amazed, impressive.

#266 mattferg

mattferg

• 847 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:55

I did't even mention Lewis, nor do I worship him. Did you even read what I said? In your world everyone who dislikes Red bull is a Lewis worshipper? Shame.

Bottom line - with the most honest intentions, this launch alienated me from a team I would love to like, partly because I enjoy their product a lot. And that says something.

Did you even read what I wrote? Absolute hypocrite. I never implied everyone, JUST YOU. Remind me again why them having technical difficulties makes you dislike them?

#267 Treads

Treads

• 739 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:56

He said the silver cars first. You're so amusing, telling me to grow up and acting like a child :-). Aww!

I meant the chrome cars. I won't be supporting Lewis this year, or Merc.

#268 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,895 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:57

Red Bull have been criticized for sporting the same livery for years on end. Now they changed it and the car looks like a dung beetle....

:lol:

#269 gm914

gm914

• 6,046 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:57

Ewwww purple. I know I've been complaining all the liveries don't change but I don't like it.

The rear looks incredibly tight I am amazed, impressive.

It's blue, with a pearl finish. The color will change according to the light and angle. I bet in the sunshine from some angles it will even look black.

I like it.

#270 Sin

Sin

• 1,940 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 15:59

and I love the pearl colour ever since Need For Speed Underground :D....

#271 Tomecek

Tomecek

• 6,088 posts

So disapointed with Red Bull launch... So non-Red Bull and non-F1. Selfish team...

#272 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,751 posts

I don't understand how there can be such a big difference in the size of the side pods between this and the RB8. They're really tiny.

#273 Treads

Treads

• 739 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:01

Did you even read what I wrote? Absolute hypocrite. I never implied everyone, JUST YOU. Remind me again why them having technical difficulties makes you dislike them?

1. Get over the Lewis thing, it won't stick to me.
2. When I wrote the comments I was not aware of the tech difficulties. I stick to my opinion, however, as some journos were clearly upset and clearly the launch did stink if you were trying to watch at home.

#274 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,044 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:02

On the subject of the car i quiet like the livery, if it was all that pearlescent purple colour i think it'd look great but its still looks alright. The backend is extremely small, i wonder if they shrank the gearbox ala the Williams FW33 because there's nothing there!

#275 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:02

On the subject of the car i quiet like the livery, if it was all that pearlescent purple colour i think it'd look great but its still looks alright. The backend is extremely small, i wonder if they shrank the gearbox ala the Williams FW33 because there's nothing there!

Could they move it elswhere, more towards the engine, or would that present too many difficulties

#276 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,751 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:04

besides the video they uploaded instead of the stream gets cooler each time you watch it

^^

Absolutely loved the video. Why did it take a drinks company to show us this stuff? A lot of work went into that video, excellent production quality.

#277 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,810 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:06

Do you write a blog, or contribute to any articles? i only wish to know so I can avoid them.

#278 MirNyet

MirNyet

• 906 posts

Note sure why, but I think there is bodywork missing around the gearbox, its been darkened down in the photos to hide this. The gearbox area of the floor looks messy and very non-newey.

#279 Matt Somers

Matt Somers

• 550 posts

Bar a few minor tweaks the car is clearly a carry over from the RB8 but then every Red Bull car since 09's RB5 has been an evolution. Here's my technical analysis - http://somersf1.blog...-rb9-lauch.html

Advertisement

#280 Treads

Treads

• 739 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:07

Could they move it elswhere, more towards the engine, or would that present too many difficulties

I'm not an engineer but I don't see how they would do that.
Now there are some photos, I am just blown away by that rear end. The Williams gearbox was very, very small. This one just isn't there. Staggering. Till just now I thought McClaren were favourites for 2013. Now I must revise my opinion.

#281 PassWind

PassWind

• 4,816 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:14

Comparing the launch of a new F1 car to an iPad is silly,

That was my point the rest of the rubbish again someone expecting a Ipad launch! contradict oneself much?

#282 PassWind

PassWind

• 4,816 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:16

Its been 5 years since either team won the WDC, Red Bull have won the last three on the trot.

You decide where the glory is at and who's hunting it.

Well that's plainly obvious given the amount of trolls in here trying to poop all over the thread.

#283 Baddoer

Baddoer

• 1,495 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:20

So... The first ever rubber car has been revealed.

#284 sharo

sharo

• 1,771 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:20

I like it. And it looks like potential killer of a car. Again.

#285 PassWind

PassWind

• 4,816 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:21

So given the studio lighting how do you think the thing will look in ambient light?

Any other thoughts would be appreciated, thanks in lieu .

#286 MirNyet

MirNyet

• 906 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:25

Now that there are images doing the rounds, looks very much like a refined RB8 - something odd going on at the rear around the gearbox however. The sidepods aren't as narrow as some here seem to think, they flare out quite a lot after the initial raditor inlets, its quite deceptive.

Its very pretty, and the colour is great, not quite the huge leap visually that the RB6, RB7 and RB8 were however - perhaps the long running championship last year took some work away from this car as seems to have been the case with this years Ferrari.

#287 Zava

Zava

• 4,965 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:27

Bar a few minor tweaks the car is clearly a carry over from the RB8 but then every Red Bull car since 09's RB5 has been an evolution. Here's my technical analysis - http://somersf1.blog...-rb9-lauch.html

Posted Image
wow, good catch. :up:

#288 Treads

Treads

• 739 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:30

Well that's plainly obvious given the amount of trolls in here trying to poop all over the thread.

Could be trolling ... or could be genuinely disappointed, disgruntled people?

#289 pUs

pUs

• 2,543 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:38

Beautiful car. :up: :love:

#290 f1rules

f1rules

• 4,389 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:39

rb are just the masters of creating tight asses, why ferrari and mclaren can not do them like that, car looks amazing as always, just hope its not to fast

#291 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,225 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:47

Its been 5 years since either team won the WDC, Red Bull have won the last three on the trot.

And notice the tons of members joined in '12 and '13 who are Red Bull/Vettel fans.

#292 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,689 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:48

Absolutely loved the video. Why did it take a drinks company to show us this stuff? A lot of work went into that video, excellent production quality.

Because they aren't really a drinks company, they are a marketing company foremost, and they are really, really good at it.

#293 ApexMouse

ApexMouse

• 877 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:53

Because they aren't really a drinks company, they are a marketing company foremost, and they are really, really good at it.

Felix called, he agrees.
The rear of that tjhing is insane. I thought the Mc and Sauber were impressive, that's another level. Very poor launch.

#294 mnmracer

mnmracer

• 1,972 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:55

And notice the tons of members joined in '12 and '13 who are Red Bull/Vettel fans.

Care to tell us how many joined in '07/'08?

#295 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,225 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:58

Care to tell us how many joined in '07/'08?

What? I dunno. I'd guess a LOT less than are joining now. Seems most of the newer members are Red Bull/Vettel fans or Kimi fans. I'm sure thats just a total coincidence, though.

#296 ApexMouse

ApexMouse

• 877 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 17:01

What? I dunno. I'd guess a LOT less than are joining now. Seems most of the newer members are Red Bull/Vettel fans or Kimi fans. I'm sure thats just a total coincidence, though.

Hoi. I find your off-topic mass singular-brush tarring deeply offensive. I declare fatwa.

#297 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,751 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 17:03

That's true. I wish McLaren, Ferrari, and others did more videos like this, they can afford to. Maybe FOM should set aside a small budget to do things like this - should help tremendously with engaging new fans, especially if the quality is this good. Show this video to Mechanical Engineering undergraduates and we'll have a whole new set of F1 fans on board.

Edited by boldhakka, 03 February 2013 - 17:04.

#298 MirNyet

MirNyet

• 906 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 17:09

rb are just the masters of creating tight asses, why ferrari and mclaren can not do them like that, car looks amazing as always, just hope its not to fast

A Red Bull packaged gearbox/diffuser doesn't work unless the air hitting it is worked in a certain way. So, in order to make such a design work, first you have to understand why it works, and secondly work the air leading up to it in the same fashion Red Bull does. Not a simple task. Also, the engine/fuel cell/gearbox Red Bull use differs to McLaren and Ferrari. This allows them a shorter car, narrower sidepods and a great angle of waisting leading up to the gearbox.

Edited by MirNyet, 03 February 2013 - 17:11.

#299 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,044 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 17:10

That's true. I wish McLaren, Ferrari, and others did more videos like this, they can afford to. Maybe FOM should set aside a small budget to do things like this - should help tremendously with engaging new fans, especially if the quality is this good. Show this video to Mechanical Engineering undergraduates and we'll have a whole new set of F1 fans on board.

I don't know about Ferrari but Mclaren do a little more than produce a slick video when it comes to getting young folks interested in engineering -

Edited by olliek88, 03 February 2013 - 17:10.

Advertisement

#300 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,877 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 17:11

Last year I always thought that the RB8 had the most hideous nose and it seems they've only made minor alterations. Otherwise the car is work of art once again.

Someone on twitter said that Vettel should name this car Barney seeing as it has some purple. Can't say I disagree.