• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 THead

THead

• 108 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 16:09

Posted Image

This is Episode 2 of “WHERE THEY RACED: Speed Demons in the City of Angeles”

In this episode you can see by CLICKING HERE will learn all about and see footage of “The Holy Grail” one of the best surviving pre WWI Peugeot racing cars, a bit about Harry Miller and his role in caring for many of them. If you missed the first one, you can see Where They Raced – Episode I : The Early Years here. The photos below will show you just some of what you will see in the film.

Note: I will add each new Episode into this thread and keep them all in one place and they will also all be linked together on The Old Motor. Please let us know if you enjoyed it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by THead, 20 February 2013 - 19:48.

Advertisement

#2 paulhooft

paulhooft

• 873 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 18:29

Yes, I really like to see this series
But I live in the Netherlands, Europe.
Please make a DVD with the series on it..
Love to have it.
Paul

#3 THead

THead

• 108 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 16:10

Where They Raced-Episode 3 – Santa Monica & Corona Road Races

Posted Image

Today we have the third part in the very popular feature series, WHERE THEY RACED, which you can see by CLICKING HERE.

It is a documentary series that reunites the ghost tracks of Los Angeles with the cars that ran them and gets the families of the drivers,
historians and experts to tell the tales that give this history a victory lap by preserving these fading memories.

Episode 3 begins at the start/finish line of the Santa Monica Road Races which ran from 1909 – 1919. Then we take a detour with special
guests Don Pullen (Eddie’s son) and Huell Howser at the Corona track. And finally we finish the episode back in Santa Monica on the long
Wilshire Blvd. straightaway – but we don’t get back to the start/finish… that will be in part 2 next week.

Below are previews of what you will see in this episode.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 THead

THead

• 108 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 18:32

Posted Image

After the recent episode of WHERE THEY RACED, which covered both the Santa Monica and Corona Road races,
this postcard was found in our archives. It gives you a very good perspective on just how hard this race was on drivers
and their machines.

On a round course such as with this one was, the driver is constantly right on the edge and working extremely hard to
keep the car in control. On a more typical oval circuit the straightalways at least gave the driver and the riding mechanic
a short respite twice each lap. Corona was a tough course and its history was filled with tragic crashes. Tune in next week
and learn more about both races in Part 4.

#5 paulhooft

paulhooft

• 873 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 19:39

Yes!
I am very intrested in the series, and love to save it on a DVD.
However until this day,I have not been able to watch first parts of the series in a better that moderate quality..
Please advice me if you can give me some hints how to Download the series to DVD.
Kindest regards,
Paul Hooft
Netherlands

quote name='THead' date='Feb 28 2013, 19:32' post='6145797']
Posted Image

After the recent episode of WHERE THEY RACED, which covered both the Santa Monica and Corona Road races,
this postcard was found in our archives. It gives you a very good perspective on just how hard this race was on drivers
and their machines.

On a round course such as with this one was, the driver is constantly right on the edge and working extremely hard to
keep the car in control. On a more typical oval circuit the straightalways at least gave the driver and the riding mechanic
a short respite twice each lap. Corona was a tough course and its history was filled with tragic crashes. Tune in next week
and learn more about both races in Part 4.

[/quote]

#6 THead

THead

• 108 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 15:39

[quote name='paulhooft' date='Feb 28 2013, 14:39' post='6145933']
Yes!
I am very intrested in the series, and love to save it on a DVD.
However until this day,I have not been able to watch first parts of the series in a better that moderate quality..
Please advice me if you can give me some hints how to Download the series to DVD.
Kindest regards,
Paul Hooft
Netherlands

Paul.....I believe that after the complete series has been aired, they will release it in DVD form that you can purchase from them.