* * * * - 3 votes

HELP!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 LaoTze

LaoTze

• 133 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:41

"I made some mistakes, sometimes I was a bit unlucky and it turned out that it was a big story. It was lucky that nobody was hurt in the crash in Spa but I wasn't alone on that start. Anyway, I've been working a lot trying to change the risk management and see things a bit differently." - Romain Grosjean

Article from PlanetF1.com

I need help, WHAT does he mean by that? Is he saying that it was others at fault too??

I'm not trying to bash him, but I can't comprehend what he is trying to say?

Have seen that start many times and I can't understand what he means by that?

Help??

youtube:

Edited by LaoTze, 24 February 2013 - 11:43.

Advertisement

#2 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:52

Love the name of the topic. He means that he isnt at 100% at fault over there I believe

#3 oligc94

oligc94

• 522 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:54

Presumably he was expecting LH to drive on the grass to avoid him... :rolleyes:

#4 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,050 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:58

Not for one second suggesting it was anything other than 100% Grosjeans', fault (because it was) but driving on the grass there is a pretty legitimate way to avoid contact...

Keep an eye on the back of the grid.

#5 Hayden1

Hayden1

• 400 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:59

He is trying to say.'' I'm an idiot and lie to you in your vivid eyes'' What a loser this guy is.

#6 sock22

sock22

• 408 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:09

The only explanation I can think of is that he means he wasn't the only one to make a mistake at the start, referring to Maldonado's jump start.

#7 Torsion

Torsion

• 627 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:10

I presume he is instead referring to Maldanado jumping the start, which may have distracted him.

#8 LaoTze

LaoTze

• 133 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:43

Maldonado distracted him? hahaha, that I would not have thought of in a million years.. Yea sure Maldonado jumped the start but, comon.. Really? :p

#9 aray

aray

• 5,818 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:46

Whatever...as long as he is not going to repeat his mistakes this year....

#10 Cascade

Cascade

• 14 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 13:20

He most certainly means that he was not the only one involved in the crash; he picked up many other victims in his manouvere.

Anyways, he's sure to be over that now. First lap crashes were so 2012.

#11 KingB

KingB

• 348 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 14:06

Not for one second suggesting it was anything other than 100% Grosjeans', fault (because it was) but driving on the grass there is a pretty legitimate way to avoid contact...

Keep an eye on the back of the grid.

all I can see is Cecotto driving massively on the grass just to completely miss the corner and hitting Chilton hard enough to end his own race :lol:
try harder :p

#12 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 15:16

Whatever...as long as he is not going to repeat his mistakes this year....

Don't worry, the ban stopped him...

http://www.tagtele.c...deos/voir/90576

Wait. Oh yeah. :o

#13 gm914

gm914

• 6,046 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 16:10

Damn. I figured the OP had gotten stuck in the bottom of a well.

I was ready to call in the rescue squad. Or send down some lotion. ;)

#14 LaoTze

LaoTze

• 133 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 16:15

Damn. I figured the OP had gotten stuck in the bottom of a well.

I was ready to call in the rescue squad. Or send down some lotion.;)

HAHAHAAHA!

Thanks for the laugh dude :D

that would have been funny, "how to get help! I KNOW... my friends at the autosport forum to the rescue!" haha

#15 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 16:22

Love the name of the topic. He means that he isnt at 100% at fault over there I believe

This is the action from drivers that makes me more furious: blatantly twisting reality talking about racing events, taking us for idiots..

When Maldonado was crying after Valencia about Lewis causing an accident I was wondering how can someone say that with a straight face. This is more of the same.

#16 svalgis

svalgis

• 56 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 16:22

HAHAHAAHA!

Thanks for the laugh dude :D

that would have been funny, "how to get help! I KNOW... my friends at the autosport forum to the rescue!" haha

stranger things happen on this forum on a daily basis.

Edited by svalgis, 24 February 2013 - 16:23.

#17 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 16:36

stranger things happen on this forum on a daily basis.

comparing Vettel to Messi, closing topics about drivers cuz it is bashfest... :p

#18 johnmhinds

johnmhinds

• 7,292 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 17:29

Must be a bit scary for everyone driving around him that even months after the accidents that he isn't owning up to his own mistakes and still trying to push the blame onto other people.

#19 ApexMouse

ApexMouse

• 909 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 17:43

As we can draw these conclusions from that completely clear turn of phrase.

Edited by ApexMouse, 24 February 2013 - 17:44.

Advertisement

#20 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 17:47

As we can draw these conclusions from that completely clear turn of phrase.

Thats what I was thinking.

But of course, its much more fun to just assume the worst and bash him.

#21 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,204 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 17:50

I think he means that he wasn't the only one whose race was ended by the incident. That's the way it comes across to me, anyway.

#22 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 23:59

But of course, its much more fun to just assume the worst and bash him.

But what else can you assume in this case remaining in the sensible interpretations? In no start you´re alone. Saying that is understatement!

I don´t think that you need to "assume" anything to read this one as "it wasn´t only my responsability". And you´ll agree that´s bullshit, that one was all his making. If you have someone alongside in a straight you must respect him, not pretend he´s not there, move across anyway, and expect him to lift or drive to the grass.

#23 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 00:03

But what else can you assume in this case remaining in the sensible interpretations? In no start you´re alone. Saying that is understatement!

I don´t think that you need to "assume" anything to read this one as "it wasn´t only my responsability". And you´ll agree that´s bullshit, that one was all his making. If you have someone alongside in a straight you must respect him, not pretend he´s not there, move across anyway, and expect him to lift or drive to the grass.

Several alternatives have been mentioned, but you seem to be ignoring that. I dunno why...

#24 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 00:09

Several alternatives have been mentioned, but you seem to be ignoring that. I dunno why...

Because they don´t make any sense to me at all after reading that piece of text!

#25 Deluxx

Deluxx

• 2,324 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 00:10

From what I remember, pastor jumped the start and screwed up everyone's launch or something, thats no excuse for what Romaine lettuce did by shooting across to the opposite side of the track, however.

#26 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 00:11

Instead of attempting to come across as usual superior to those with that opinion, maybe offer your own alternative, it isn't a crime to have an alternative opinion to Seanspeed, nor is it always wrong either.

Oh c´mon, don´t get defensive. He´s just saying there are other possible explanations and he doesn´t automatically assume the most obvious one. I do, because I think the rest are not likely at all. No big deal.

#27 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 00:13

Oh c´mon, don´t get defensive. He´s just saying there are other possible explanations and he doesn´t automatically assume the most obvious one. I do, because I think the rest are not likely at all. No big deal.

So, instead of attacking the ones with that opinion, why not just offer his own opinion.

#28 Deluxx

Deluxx

• 2,324 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:29

so this thread sure got derailed fast

Posted Image

#29 Harry

Harry

• 182 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:37

Don't worry, the ban stopped him...

http://www.tagtele.c...deos/voir/90576

Wait. Oh yeah. :o

That first link is Raikkonen, not Grosjean.

The second one seems like a fairly common incident to me, don't really see what you're getting at.

#30 Wander

Wander

• 2,367 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:57

That first link is Raikkonen, not Grosjean.

The Grosjean incident he's referring to is at 40 seconds.

#31 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:27

"I made some mistakes, sometimes I was a bit unlucky and it turned out that it was a big story. It was lucky that nobody was hurt in the crash in Spa but I wasn't alone on that start. Anyway, I've been working a lot trying to change the risk management and see things a bit differently." - Romain Grosjean

Article from PlanetF1.com

I need help,
WHAT does he mean by that? Is he saying that it was others at fault too??

I'm not trying to bash him, but I can't comprehend what he is trying to say?

Have seen that start many times and I can't understand what he means by that?

Help??

youtube:

Grosjean means that he was not the only driver at fault for the incident at the start of the SPA GP. It is not clear, however, who else he feels was to blame.

#32 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:21

The second one seems like a fairly common incident to me, don't really see what you're getting at.

Common for Grosjean you mean. I'd like to know how many other drivers do that in qualifying.

And his first crash was at 45 seconds in.

F1 will be better off the moment he is sacked IMHO.

#33 Deluxx

Deluxx

• 2,324 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:15

Grosjean means that he was not the only driver at fault for the incident at the start of the SPA GP. It is not clear, however, who else he feels was to blame.

He blamed Pastor and Lewis later in some interview, I can't find it at the moment. I'll look and see if I can see it again... may just be dirtsheets though

Edited by Deluxx, 25 February 2013 - 05:15.

#34 johnmhinds

johnmhinds

• 7,292 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:04

He blamed Pastor and Lewis later in some interview, I can't find it at the moment. I'll look and see if I can see it again... may just be dirtsheets though

I can understand him making those lame excuses in the heat of the moment, but if he is still blaming those two for the crash now it's a bit pathetic.

Pastor flying off the grid had nothing to do with him sliding over to the right, he just got too focused about wanting to be on the inside for the breaking into turn one and wasn't watching his mirrors.

#35 Deluxx

Deluxx

• 2,324 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 15:20

I can understand him making those lame excuses in the heat of the moment, but if he is still blaming those two for the crash now it's a bit pathetic.

Pastor flying off the grid had nothing to do with him sliding over to the right, he just got too focused about wanting to be on the inside for the breaking into turn one and wasn't watching his mirrors.

Agreed. I think once he was banned he took full responsibility the next week, but idk. Typical driver excuses lol

#36 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 16:07

English isn't his native language and it's likely not of the reporter's as well, so something may have been lost there. Other than that I think he's just saying that he wasn't the only one to make a mistake at that start - Pastor being the other. He is rightly thinking of his mistake of judgement and equating it to Pastor's - one happened to have much bigger consequences, but I think he is correct to ignore that aspect of it.

#37 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 17:35

OK, now, let´s stop for a moment. Is this for real? I need to see it to believe it, but if it was true... it´s total crap. Surely someone missing the start is no reason to keep squeezing someone else to the grass, is it? Pastor made a mistake, sure, but how it affects what happened is just a mystery to me. And blaming Lewis? C´mon. :rolleyes:

Let´s be fair to Romain: a minor mistake by him, the kind of small bad decission that happens all the time, caused a huge incident. Sure, that´s being unlucky, normal thing would be nothing happening, or a small incident like the Suzuka one after Alonso did the same. This move is done plenty of times and normally it doesn´t end up too badly. But it did. So if Grosjean is trying to say he was unlucky there, it´s true. The worst case scenario after his move became real. Lewis didn´t back out, or drive on the grass, they didn´t touch square on with tyres and kept going... they touched at a bad angle and Lewis lost it, and pushed Romain again forward in a braking zone. Unlucky. But for God´s sake, let´s keep it real: HE and only HE is to take blame for it.

It happened half a year ago, so let´s look forward, trying to rewrite the incident won´t stick.