Photo
- - - - -

Which of the 2013 grid will be the next to leave F1?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Wiggy

Wiggy

• 450 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 13:43

So we've had a decent clearout of the 2012 dead wood, and we've a new influx of rookies for 2013.

Of the current lineup, who is most likely to be discarded first? Probably one of the cash-cows at Marussia, although Massa and Webber must be coming toward the end of their F1 careers too.

Advertisement

#2 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 31,449 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 13:49

Mid-season replacements are rare, so the next person to leave will depend on whose money runs out first.

#3 teejay

teejay

• 6,130 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 14:00

Unless Webs or Massa "retire"

#4 DutchQuicksilver

DutchQuicksilver

• 6,336 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 14:03

Probably Razia, considering he's already having issues before the season has even started. And perhaps Sutil if Ferrari puts more pressure on Force India to give Bianchi a chance during the season.

#5 ApexMouse

ApexMouse

• 909 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 14:17

Your definition of dead wood is astounding. And if massa picks up where he left off his career is far from over.

#6 TFLB

TFLB

• 1,839 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 15:02

Webber will go at the end of the season I think, will be long overdue as well.

#7 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 15:09

2012 dead wood? The clean out missed the most obvious piece of dead wood then... Grosjean.

Enstone ain't kind and he will repeat 2012.

#8 Sin

Sin

• 2,042 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 17:51

Grosjean is a good driver and he is young I'm not sure he will be out that quickly...

Massa I can imagine changing away from ferrari but if he will be out right away I don't know... I think not all Rookies we get this year will stay...

Nico Rosberg maybe if he doesn't perform good compared to Hamilton..

#9 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 17:54

Apart from the backmarker teams, I'd say it'll be one of the Toro Rosso guys.

#10 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,553 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 18:58

Grosjean is a good driver and he is young I'm not sure he will be out that quickly...

A common misconception because of his rookie mistakes. Grosjean is actually 26, he'll be 27 in a few months. By that age his team mate had for example driven 6-7 full seasons already.

Edited by Cool Beans, 24 February 2013 - 19:01.

#11 MP422

MP422

• 2,157 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 19:15

Massa, Webber, and Button prolly have two season left i believe.

#12 Jackmancer

Jackmancer

• 3,226 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 19:19

Razia, before the season will even start ;p

Also, vd Garde, probably - if his bank is empty and talent doesn't prove him worthy (which is likely to happen).

I truely think this'll be Webber's last year. Kimi might retire again as well.

#13 Burtros

Burtros

• 3,325 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 19:40

2012 dead wood? The clean out missed the most obvious piece of dead wood then... Grosjean.

Enstone ain't kind and he will repeat 2012.

your definition of 'dead wood' needs attention I think.

Grosjean deserves his last chance.

#14 sopa

sopa

• 12,230 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 19:45

This will be last season for

one of the Caterham drivers
at least one of the Marussia drivers
going out on a limb here and say di Resta
maybe Webber

#15 Meanbeakin

Meanbeakin

• 539 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 20:52

although Massa and Webber must be coming toward the end of their F1 careers too.

Really?? Massa is on the upswing and unless Webber has a year that costs Red Bull the constructors championship or something, why would they get rid of him? Conversely as long as the car is strong why would he retire?

#16 Victor_RO

Victor_RO
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,067 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 21:10

Really?? Massa is on the upswing and unless Webber has a year that costs Red Bull the constructors championship or something, why would they get rid of him? Conversely as long as the car is strong why would he retire?

Retirement from F1 enticed by a possible offer from Porsche? That's been talked about as a possibility for a while now.

#17 ChiltonsCats

ChiltonsCats

• 129 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 21:27

Razia won't even make it to the start of the season if rumours are true...

Sutil if he comes back could always end up beating someone half to death again and getting banned again...

other than that, not sure, maybe Grosjean if he injures himself on a crash or crashes so much the team just drop him

#18 Sin

Sin

• 2,042 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 21:33

Sutil if he comes back could always end up beating someone half to death again and getting banned again...

other than that, not sure, maybe Grosjean if he injures himself on a crash or crashes so much the team just drop him

rofl Sutil has not beaten anyone half to death... and it all pretty much sounded like a kneejerk reaction, for which he first die pay enough and second apologized...

#19 ApexMouse

ApexMouse

• 909 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 21:33

It would appear you have absolutely zero knowledge of the incident or the punishment. How odd.

Edited by ApexMouse, 24 February 2013 - 21:34.

Advertisement

#20 AM14

AM14

• 26 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 21:41

I wouldn't be surprised if Razia or one of the Torro Roso drivers is dropped mid-season. I think this will be Webber's last year (although I said that last year too) and I think Paul di Resta is at risk of being without a drive if Force India do switch to Ferrari engines next year, especially if he loses to his teammate again.

#21 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 21:58

Retirement from F1 enticed by a possible offer from Porsche? That's been talked about as a possibility for a while now.

Nobody goes from a front running F1 team to LMP by choice.

#22 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 22:45

One of the Toro Rosso drivers, my gut says Vergne before Ricciardo -- by mid season; replaced by Da Costa.

If it takes Gutierrez longer to get use to F1 than it took 'em to adapt to GP2, then I can also see Frijns replace him before the season ends; not that Esteban doesn't deserve his chance, of course.

#23 loki

loki

• 12,301 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 22:47

Ross Brawn...

#24 DrF

DrF

• 2,581 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 23:43

Webber

#25 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:26

your definition of 'dead wood' needs attention I think.

Grosjean deserves his last chance.

Nope. If Kobayashi can go, Grosjean should have left mid year. Hell, even Schumacher was better at 40+. But I guess some people can look forward to Romain knocking the front runners off track again.

#26 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:32

Nope. If Kobayashi can go, Grosjean should have left mid year. Hell, even Schumacher was better at 40+. But I guess some people can look forward to Romain knocking the front runners off track again.

What was so good about Kobayoshi?

#27 MattPete

MattPete

• 2,633 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:29

http://www.metatube....-Hot-Dog-Eater/

#28 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:16

Let's see, he didn't do this all the time...

Edited by Jimisgod, 25 February 2013 - 04:16.

#29 mattferg

mattferg

• 847 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:23

I see you going round the forum criticising Grosjean a lot - why? Do you blame him for your favourite driver, Alonso, losing the championship?

He's fast, most of the time keeping up and sometimes beating Kimi. As Brundle says, you can't fix slowness, but you can teach them to be safer on the racetrack. This is why people like Kobayashi, Senna, Kovalienen left - they were slow. Admittedly a driver crashing can lose you more points than a slow, reliable one, but F1 is all about potential, and Grosjean has it. The aformentioned didn't.

EDIT: Just checked, all five of your previous posts were anti-Grosjean. The only thread you've ever started is too. Bizarre.

Edited by mattferg, 25 February 2013 - 04:27.

#30 Victor_RO

Victor_RO
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,067 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:22

Nobody goes from a front running F1 team to LMP by choice.

Maybe not, but a front-running LMP1 drive may be preferable to another year of being nagged to death by Helmut Marko. :lol:

#31 NotSoSilentBob

NotSoSilentBob

• 1,667 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:54

Either Vergne mid season, or DiResta at the end of the season.

Webber could *technically* be the first to depart, because he'll possibly make a mid-season decision to retire at the end of the year if RBR dont retain him again. So whilst he might be first confirmed as out for 2014, he likely wont be the first to stop driving in 2013.

#32 Burtros

Burtros

• 3,325 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 13:39

I see you going round the forum criticising Grosjean a lot - why? Do you blame him for your favourite driver, Alonso, losing the championship?

He's fast, most of the time keeping up and sometimes beating Kimi. As Brundle says, you can't fix slowness, but you can teach them to be safer on the racetrack. This is why people like Kobayashi, Senna, Kovalienen left - they were slow. Admittedly a driver crashing can lose you more points than a slow, reliable one, but F1 is all about potential, and Grosjean has it. The aformentioned didn't.

EDIT: Just checked, all five of your previous posts were anti-Grosjean. The only thread you've ever started is too. Bizarre.

Yep, You cannot just drop a driver with the speed of Grosjean.

As for the user histroy, LMFAO. I certainly wont take the debate with him further on that evidence.

Edited by Burtros, 25 February 2013 - 13:39.

#33 InSearchOfThe

InSearchOfThe

• 2,648 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:07

One of the Toro Rosso drivers, my gut says Vergne before Ricciardo -- by mid season; replaced by Da Costa.

If it takes Gutierrez longer to get use to F1 than it took 'em to adapt to GP2, then I can also see Frijns replace him before the season ends; not that Esteban doesn't deserve his chance, of course.

Mr. Slim may have an opinion about that.

#34 Grundle

Grundle

• 1,309 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:11

:rotfl:
I shouldn't laugh but that got me

#35 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 11,080 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:19

The Torro Rosso drivers should watch their back with Antonio Felix da Costa breathing in their neck.

#36 F1ultimate

F1ultimate

• 2,991 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:26

The Torro Rosso drivers should watch their back with Antonio Felix da Costa breathing in their neck.

True. Red Bull needs to line up a replacement for Webber and even groom a potential Vettel successor and I can see helmut loosing patience with Vergne and Ricciardo who aren't appearing to be above average.