Photo

HLWITTL? 2013

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: HLWITTL? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Choose our candidate for 2013

1. Jules Bianchi in the Marussia (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Max Chilton in the Marussia (14 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

3. Giedo van der Garde in the Caterham (4 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

4. Marussia (ie. both drivers) (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 mark f1

mark f1

• 4,359 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:18

Prior to kicking off the new season, we need to decide who our target of humiliation and ridicule will be.

I think it is fairly certain that there will be two teams at the back and I have limited our choice to them, excluding Charles Pic as he was the object of our affection last year.

I will close the poll a week or so prior to the GP in Melbourne.

For those of you who may not know what HLWITTL is, keep reading...

How Long Will It Take To Lap ? (? replaced with the driver's surname initial) is a competition for guessing how many laps the designated driver will complete on the same lap as the leader. Your score each race is the number of laps the actual result is away from your guess. The winner at the end of the season is the person who has the lowest total. You are allowed to drop your worst result for the season.

Cheers
Mark

edit - I have added a 4th option of Marussia - so it would be based on both drivers, score taken on the driver who manges to stay on the lead lap the longest. I've taken note of the poll score up until now and will see how the % votes go from now with this option included.

2nd edit - arrghh....Luis Razia out and Jules Bianchi in, so how many Chilton votes would have gone to Bianchi...

Edited by mark f1, 02 March 2013 - 20:25.

Advertisement

#2 Wander

Wander

• 2,367 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:21

I want Giedo, cause he has the best helmet.

#3 skylark68

skylark68

• 2,427 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:25

How about Chilton? Rich daddy.... bad team, etc.

#4 Makarias

Makarias

• 12,618 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:30

It's a bit tricky to choose if Razia is uncertain, that seat could become more interesting if a change happens. Otoh it might be nice with a change of teams so van der Garde is interesting too. Dunno...

#5 maxie

maxie

• 1,535 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:08

Tricky indeed :rolleyes: Will cast my vote later.

Edited by maxie, 27 February 2013 - 03:08.

#6 maxie

maxie

• 1,535 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:14

Prior to kicking off the new season, we need to decide who our target of humiliation and ridicule will be.

How about Chilton? Rich daddy.... bad team, etc.

Well that has to be Chilton then, right?

#7 mark f1

mark f1

• 4,359 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:20

I was wondering whether we should tweak the rules and make it How Long Will It Take To Lap Marussia ? The scoring would be based on the last of the two Marussia drivers to stay on the lead lap.

Maybe I should update the poll...

#8 Anderis

Anderis

• 7,344 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 16:03

Perhaps it's too late to update the poll with good effect. Substantial part of people have already voted.

I can see some good and bad points in making it How Long Will It Take To Lap Marussia. It will make the amount of laps more predictable. Luck won't be playing much role. But it also limits your options. Earlier you could bet the driver would be eliminated on lap1. Now it's hard to expect both cars will be out after lap 1.

#9 mark f1

mark f1

• 4,359 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:52

You're probably right Anderis. By the looks of it, we have a clear cut favourite already.

#10 Mekola

Mekola

• 2,647 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 19:05

Giedo for me.

#11 mark f1

mark f1

• 4,359 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 20:26

So I waited until all seats were announced, and then Marussia go and do this to me....anyway, I have updated the poll to replace Razia with Bianchi. If any Chilton voters want to change their vote, post in here.

Edited by mark f1, 02 March 2013 - 20:27.

#12 Grayson

Grayson
  • Autosport digital product manager

• 3,497 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:05

I like Chilton as a choice. From a purely selfish point of view, I can be sure that the British commentators will make a bit deal of how he's doing, so I'll be able to follow how long he spends on the lead lap quite easily! He also seems like one of the most likely of the back of the grid teams to see out the season.

Changing the rules so that we're predicting how long a team will last without having both cars lapped would take a huge element of luck out of the game. We'd really be betting based on the pace of the car and it wouldn't be worth gambling on an early retirement or oddly phased pitstop leading to an early lapping. The only problem is that if we have another season like 2009 (was that the year we were betting on Sutil? I might mean a couple of years earlier or later!) when the slowest team is only a second or two off the leaders then everyone would have to bet on the team going the distance!