Photo

James Weaver

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 alfredaustria

alfredaustria

• 300 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 13:21

Perhaps anyone knows something about James Weaver, the winner of the Daytona 24 Hours 1997? What is he doing now? How can I reach him? Who knows his postal address? I just want to send him a letter and ask for his autograph. All help is very much appreciated. Please send me a PM or an email. Thank you. Regards from Vienna - Alfred

Advertisement

#2 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,604 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 13:35

He's a member of the BRDC (British Racing Drivers Club). You should be able to contact him through them:

http://www.brdc.co.uk/James-Weaver

#3 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,833 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 14:36

I have heard that he is still associated with Dyson Racing, in somewhat the same manner as Rick Mears is with Penske. He shows at a number of the ALMS races.

Tom

#4 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 16:27

He featured with Andy Wallace in a Motor Sport Magazine "Lunch with...." in 2011, which I have a copy of somewhere......

#5 ReWind

ReWind

• 3,404 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 19:37

His middle name is Brian and I have Wiltshire as the county of his residence.
So he may be this James B. Weaver.
Perhaps someone has unrestricted access to that site and can give you the full address.

Or do ask Richard Jenkins who updated James Weaver's entry in October 2010 and should know whether he is back in the U.K. or still in America.

#6 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:35

According to the "Lunch with...." article in the November 2011 edition of Motor Sport", James lives "within easy reach" of "The Swan" in the Gloucestershire village of Southrop. Hope this helps, Alfred. :wave:

#7 alfredaustria

alfredaustria

• 300 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:35

According to the "Lunch with...." article in the November 2011 edition of Motor Sport", James lives "within easy reach" of "The Swan" in the Gloucestershire village of Southrop. Hope this helps, Alfred. :wave:

Thanks to all for your quick answers and kind help. Now I will try and find out. Thank you again. Alfred :)