Photo

W Klein, Chevron F3, Karlsberg livery, '77-'78

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stuartu

stuartu

• 50 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 18:31

My good friend Storer, who doesn't get on with computers ever so well, has an F3 B38 Chevron that was raced in Europe by one of the Klein brothers - Werner, I think - in '77-'78. He would like to reinstate the Karlsberg (not Carlsberg) livery but, so far, no one can find a colour photo with a good view of the car. We would be very grateful for any leads on the subject - or a photo!
Regards, Stuart

Edited by stuartu, 04 March 2013 - 09:07.

Advertisement

#2 timochevron

timochevron

• 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 14:05

Hi Stuart

This would have been one of the 2 Deutscher Motorsport Verbund cars. The factory records - which we own - show the cars were originally blue but we don't have photos.

If you email me your details I can send you other information that we have on both these cars. I am the official Chevron Factory Historian.......

Tim - Director Chevron Heritage

tim@chevronracingcars.com

#3 eukie

eukie

• 247 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 17:07

Snippet from a photo of the Formula 3 race accompanying the Nürburgring 1000 Kms 1977 (may 29), published in rallye racing 7/1977:

l0rw.jpg

I think the two blue Chevrons #19 / #20 should be the Klein brothers.

#4 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 16:40

Hope this might be of help, Stuart. British GP meeting 1977

df2edfd5-d8c5-42e2-9240-b5124d24c0a6_zps

#5 Duc-Man

Duc-Man

• 1,394 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 17:20

The Karlsberg brewery is just about half an hour down the road from me.

They are also the main sponsor for the Homburg hill climb which is just a round the corner from their facilities.

Maybe they can help you out.

Have you tried to contact them? http://www.karlsberg.de/Kontakt

#6 stuartu

stuartu

• 50 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:14

Many thanks for the replies (which I only noticed yesterday, 26 Sept). The photos are extremely helpful. We will try Karlsberg to see how good their filing system is!

Tim, I will forward your e mail address to Andy Storer but I believe the car may be coming to Chevron soon or may well be there now - I lose track of the progress of Andy's many projects.

You won't hear from Andy for a while because today he is at the Klausenrennen with his s/c Austin Ulster which then goes on to Sicily for the Targa Florio but I am sure he will be in touch on his return.

Thanks again for the responses,

Regards, Stuart