- - - - -

Lotus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HoldenRT

HoldenRT

• 6,773 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:00

They showed potential last year.. and they showed the race pace to win, but poor strategies and poor grid slots meant it took a long time until they won a race.

Now in 2013 they've won the first race. Can they sustain it?

The car last year, similar to Sauber seemed to be very soft on tyres with great race pace.

I guess the main question mark for me is.. was it due to the temperatures and their ability to nurse tyres when they are heavily degrading. On hotter circuits where graining is less of an issue.. maybe Redbull and Ferrari won't suffer as much and won't be hampered so much by tyre wear. Sepang and Melbourne (20C this weekend) seem to be polar opposites so it will be interesting to see how they go there.

And then there is the question of development. Drivers aren't a question.. with the right car, it's clear Kimi can get the job done.

Advertisement

#2 tarmac

tarmac

• 1,155 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:00

Last year there were harder tires. It wasnt so obvious

#3 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:02

They were fast in rather cold Melbourne. If they will have such improvment from cold -> hot like last year I expect them to 1-2 Bahrain.

#4 Jackmancer

Jackmancer

• 3,226 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:06

They were fast in rather cold Melbourne. If they will have such improvment from cold -> hot like last year I expect them to 1-2 Bahrain.

Really? Grosjean to improve 82.7 seconds next race? :p

#5 Santuri9

Santuri9

• 44 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:33

I didn't see what strategy Romain was on but in qualy he was 3 tenths slower than Kimi, got a bad start and was stuck in traffic.

I hope he picks up his pace for next race. Lotus look genuine contenders. Last year they were better in the hot temperatures than in the cold but we'll see on friday how things go.

And Finally YESSSS KIMMMMIIII

#6 Niceone

Niceone

• 1,387 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:37

I didn't see what strategy Romain was on but in qualy he was 3 tenths slower than Kimi, got a bad start and was stuck in traffic.

He might have had other problems as well, but there seemed to be problem with tyre wear.