* * * - - 5 votes

F1's Greatest Myths

• Please log in to reply
753 replies to this topic

#751 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 2,941 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:33

Michaels gearbox broke down and he didn't qualify at Brazil, thats another misleading statistic.

Over the year of 2006 as a whole Michael was drastically faster.

Just like Alonso sometimes falls behind Massa on pace for a few races, it rarely lasts.

Massa's average finish in 2006 was 4.4 and MSC was 2.6. Comprehensive. But given Alonso was 2.0 and Fisi was 4.6, Massa wasn't completely destroyed.

Advertisement

#752 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 1,645 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 13:27

The greatest myth is the casual fan. The kind that comes in droves to all the new rules and loves DRS, green F1 and the like. That hasn't exactly worked out as planned and the diehard fans are now leaving as well.

#753 ForeverF1

ForeverF1
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,580 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 13:30

The greatest myth is the casual fan. The kind that comes in droves to all the new rules and loves DRS, green F1 and the like. That hasn't exactly worked out as planned and the diehard fans are now leaving as well.

That too, is a Myth.

#754 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,441 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 18:08

Massa's average finish in 2006 was 4.4 and MSC was 2.6. Comprehensive. But given Alonso was 2.0 and Fisi was 4.6, Massa wasn't completely destroyed.

14-3, where I gave Massa points in Malaysia, Germany (he was genuinely faster there as well that weekend in the race) and Turkey.

Same for FA vs GF I believe: Fisi was faster in Malaysia (Alonso corrected his teams error with an awesome start, but Fisichella had the race and quali in his pocket), USA and Germany where he couldn't pass due to team orders and had to protect Alonso from upcoming cars.

I think both second drivers got destroyed badly, in the end of the day :p On their days they were faster than their teammates, but over the course of the season they lacked the consistency they needed to stay ahead with some bad errors.