* * - - - 3 votes

Unfairness: RB are playing around the field

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Forma1

Forma1

• 351 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 18:43

I can't believe it happing. It must be a nightmare.
Ferrari and Lotus are clearly comfortable with the tyres on longer runs. I managed to ask Ferrari's Massimo Rivole yesterday and Ferrari weren't against thy tyres, but they also want to have maxmimum three stops. If Pirelli made more durable tyres Red Bull will likely walk away again with two titles in a couple of week's time judging their one lap performance. I can't believe. Can't believe....

http://motorsport.ne...arko,58461.html

Advertisement

#2 PretentiousBread

PretentiousBread

• 2,906 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 18:48

Ferrari and Lotus are clearly comfortable with the tyres on longer runs. I managed to ask Ferrari's Massimo Rivole yesterday and Ferrari weren't against thy tyres, but they also want to have maxmimum three stops. If Pirelli made more durable tyres Red Bull will likely walk away again with two titles in a couple of week's time judging their one lap performance. I can't believe. Can't believe....

Personally, i'm firmly of the belief that if tyres/engines/brakes etc were not limiting factors, if it was like qualifying for 60 consecutive laps, we would have seen Red Bull lap the nearest competing car several times over the past few years. Their inherent performance is masked a lot.

#3 LiJu914

LiJu914

• 2,375 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 18:54

The teams/drivers, who complained the most, finished 1-2-3-4 today. After the race they were still complaining (Hamilton/Horner).

This is not only about advantages or disadvantages, but also about what kind of racing we want to have.

I hope they will change the tyres, because drivers being far away from their personal limit, just cruising around to make the tyres last, just isn´t good racing.

50% of the talk in here is basically about the question "Who´s the best driver?". So the capabilities of the drivers seem to be a key point for this sport. But that gets largely diminished, when they are forced to drive way under their own limit.

Edited by LiJu914, 24 March 2013 - 18:56.

#4 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 17,603 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 20:50

I don't think so. Any Newey car on allout attack would eventually break down. Now with cruise control F1, his creations stay in one piece more easily.

#5 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 20:56

Tire should last full length of the race without stopping, if someone wants to choose that strategy, or faster run on two stoppers, even three; point is, it should be the teams and drivers who choose the strategy, but not FOM, not FiA, and definitely not Pirelli.

#6 McLarenNo1

McLarenNo1

• 145 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 21:05

Personally, i'm firmly of the belief that if tyres/engines/brakes etc were not limiting factors, if it was like qualifying for 60 consecutive laps, we would have seen Red Bull lap the nearest competing car several times over the past few years. Their inherent performance is masked a lot.

I don't think that would be really the case in 2012 as it took them a while to get up to speed. Also in 2010, we had 4 people in with shout of WDC at last race. I think if they had better reliability and DRS, it would have probably helped them dominate more but making a fast car usually means it can be fragile. 2011, first year of Pirelli, very dominant season by Sebastian.