* * * - - 2 votes

Welcome back, Felipe

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Vermont

Vermont

• 119 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 23:32

OK, he didn't set the world on fire, but he has out qualified his highly regarded teammate several GPs in a row now and he has been taking in quite a few points. This is a guy who almost died and came back without ever reaching his previous level untile 6 months ago. Most likely he will never be a WDC but race wins at this point are not out of the realm of possibilities. For a guy who was so much villified a couple of years back, this has to be recognized as a great comeback, to be able to race with Alonso, Vettel, Lewis, and the lot. And what a nicer guy than Filipe for this to happen. Happy for the guy, people wanted him out of F1 only 12 months ago

Advertisement

#2 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,165 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 00:16

OK, he didn't set the world on fire, but he has out qualified his highly regarded teammate several GPs in a row now and he has been taking in quite a few points. This is a guy who almost died and came back without ever reaching his previous level untile 6 months ago. Most likely he will never be a WDC but race wins at this point are not out of the realm of possibilities. For a guy who was so much villified a couple of years back, this has to be recognized as a great comeback, to be able to race with Alonso, Vettel, Lewis, and the lot. And what a nicer guy than Filipe for this to happen. Happy for the guy, people wanted him out of F1 only 12 months ago

Felipe was hardly villified. Maybe you mean Fernando for Germany 2010?

#3 RealRacing

RealRacing

• 2,541 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 00:38

Passed by Alonso easily at the start, never a factor in this race with probably the best car right now. Yeah he's back.

#4 Vermont

Vermont

• 119 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 00:44

Passed by Alonso easily at the start, never a factor in this race with probably the best car right now. Yeah he's back.

Quite possibly the most superficial and dissniformed analysis in F1's history. Did the different track temeratures effect on super sensitive Pirelli get unnoticed by you? Did you miss how Super Kimi from Aussie was Just Kimi in Malaysia? you are not an F1 fan, you are a troll

#5 ryan86

ryan86

• 1,100 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 00:54

Since his teammate smacked into the back of someone at the first bend and flew off the track a lap later, we don't really have much to compare it to. Today Felipe's pace in the wet was found rather wanting, but after switching to slicks he didn't lose that much more time over the remainder of the race.

That said, I hope this form continues and that he does complete this "comeback" with a win at some point this season.

#6 drag

drag

• 162 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 00:54

Ferrari made mistake with Massa, he is just not that good for Ferrari seat. They had chance to employ Hulk who is better racer and looks very much hungry for success.

#7 Vermont

Vermont

• 119 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:13

Ferrari made mistake with Massa, he is just not that good for Ferrari seat. They had chance to employ Hulk who is better racer and looks very much hungry for success.

what proves your point??

#8 drag

drag

• 162 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:23

what proves your point??

last year he was just poor in a poor car at first half of the season,later he starts to collect points but finished with half of Alonso`s ..... This year he just had two good Q session in dumped conditions,but latter in the race he is lost even in Aus finished around 30 sec behind his team mate.

Just take a look how close are Webber and Vettel or Lewis and Rosberg as a teammates.

No need to go back in 2011 or 2010.

#9 Vermont

Vermont

• 119 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:28

last year he was just poor in a poor car at first half of the season,later he starts to collect points but finished with half of Alonso`s ..... This year he just had two good Q session in dumped conditions,but latter in the race he is lost even in Aus finished around 30 sec behind his team mate.

Just take a look how close are Webber and Vettel or Lewis and Rosberg as a teammates.

No need to go back in 2011 or 2010.

You still didn't prove Hulk is better than Filipe in a Ferrari right now. Stop blabbing

#10 RealRacing

RealRacing

• 2,541 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:31

Quite possibly the most superficial and dissniformed analysis in F1's history. Did the different track temeratures effect on super sensitive Pirelli get unnoticed by you? Did you miss how Super Kimi from Aussie was Just Kimi in Malaysia? you are not an F1 fan, you are a troll

Sorry to disagree with your shiny thread title. If that makes me a troll you are in for a wild ride in this forum dude.

#11 superstring

superstring

• 301 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:38

Yep, I agree. Felipe is indeed back and it's great to see! I'm glad (but surprised) that Ferrari stood by him these last few years when he definitely under performed compared with Felipe pre-accident.

Edited by superstring, 25 March 2013 - 01:49.

#12 Vermont

Vermont

• 119 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:41

Sorry to disagree with your shiny thread title. If that makes me a troll you are in for a wild ride in this forum dude.

Disagreeing is OK, your post was still troll like. Massa has outqualified Alonso 4 times straight and has put together a quite impressing series of races after some terrible performances over the previous 18 months. His progress is in the eyes of everyone, but if you want to pinpoint it to a single start on wet surface (Massa had a great start last race....) and on Ferrari being generally slower on lower temperatures, as it was unusally the case ofr Sepang, go ahead. I find it troll-like to judge a driver's performance from one race, in which he still scored decent points. he is after all leading Alonso in the WDC rankings, something unthinkable 18 months ago. And don't worry about me, I sleep at night no matter what trolls say here

Edited by Vermont, 25 March 2013 - 01:44.

#13 Vermont

Vermont

• 119 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:42

In your trolling mode, you must have also missed my intro "OK, he didn't set the world on fire". Could I be more clear to you, kid?

#14 molive

molive

• 9,799 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:09

A bad start (for once) and probably being a bit too careful in the opening laps hurt Massa's chance of fighting for a podium, but otherwise a good race.

Damage-control. The season is long and the battle very tight, consistency is the key.

I hope he keeps the heat on Alonso!

:up:

#15 Vermont

Vermont

• 119 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:14

A bad start (for once) and probably being a bit too careful in the opening laps hurt Massa's chance of fighting for a podium, but otherwise a good race.

Damage-control. The season is long and the battle very tight, consistency is the key.

I hope he keeps the heat on Alonso!

:up:

Alonso doesn't need the heat to get motivated, but I would like for Massa to be in contention with Alonso, Lewis, and Kimi until the end

#16 packapoo

packapoo

• 731 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:42

I thought at seasons end 2012, looking promising. Really promising.
Confirmed with qualy and race Australia, qualy in Malaysia too.
The race tho'?
Missing again, not for whole race, but enough.

#17 packapoo

packapoo

• 731 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:44

Should have added - this was the race to show his form return after Alonso sucked off.