Photo
- - - - -

Is it right for a team to force 'justice' as Mercedes did?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 rolf123

rolf123

• 2,417 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 14:23

Yesterday reminded me of Coulthard being ordered to let Hakkinen through. McLaren ordered this because they had screwed up his pit stop and he would otherwise be in front.

What Brawn did yesterday reminded me of that. Hamilton had to conserve fuel due to a team mistake and so they told Nico to stay behind, despite being significantly faster. They were acting to correct their team mistake.

Is this right? Frankly, I think if a driver suffers due to team error then it's not the team's business to try to rectify their mistake on the track.

The right order should have been to tell Hamilton to wave Rosberg through.

Is it right that a team should force corrective 'justice' as Brawn did yesterday?

Advertisement

#2 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 14:27

Mercedes did not force justice. Justice would have been Lewis doing all the race at the pace he could have, and same for Rosberg. If it´s true Lewis had less fuel, he enjoyed a lighter car early on, and when it was time for his strategy to show its bad side, and Nico´s heavier strategy was about to pay off, the race between them was cancelled.

And I say "if it´s true" because Hamilton himself said he had used too much fuel.

#3 mnmracer

mnmracer

• 1,972 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 14:31

Justice would have been Lewis doing all the race at the pace he could have, and same for Rosberg. If it´s true Lewis had less fuel, he enjoyed a lighter car early on, and when it was time for his strategy to show its bad side, and Nico´s heavier strategy was about to pay off, the race between them was cancelled.

This, nothing more.
There was no justice in any teamorder yesterday.

#4 Grundle

Grundle

• 1,309 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 14:33

Mercedes did not force justice. Justice would have been Lewis doing all the race at the pace he could have, and same for Rosberg. If it´s true Lewis had less fuel, he enjoyed a lighter car early on, and when it was time for his strategy to show its bad side, and Nico´s heavier strategy was about to pay off, the race between them was cancelled.

And I say "if it´s true" because Hamilton himself said he had used too much fuel.

It doesn't work like that. If a driver is underfueled, the advantage is much less than the disadvantage, or they would do it every time. Besides, Nico had chances, but lacked conviction.

#5 rolf123

rolf123

• 2,417 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 14:34

But Lewis effectively managed to get ahead and block Rosberg, whose natural position would be much further up the field. Rosberg was far faster than Hamilton. Brawn's reasoning was silly.

#6 rolf123

rolf123

• 2,417 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 14:35

This, nothing more.
There was no justice in any teamorder yesterday.

There was a clear attempt at justice. Read what Brawn said about the fuel saving.

#7 LiJu914

LiJu914

• 2,375 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 14:37

It doesn't work like that. If a driver is underfueled, the advantage is much less than the disadvantage, or they would do it every time.

There were one or two occasions in the past, in which one MGP-driver was underfuelled and the other was still allowed to attack him.

Edited by LiJu914, 25 March 2013 - 14:37.

#8 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 27,385 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 14:40

Please use:

This thread, if you want to discuss Merc's team orders specifically: http://forums.autosp...howtopic=183279

This thread, if you want to discuss why teams in general may issue a hold station order: http://forums.autosp...howtopic=183565

This thread, if you want to discuss whether yesterday's orders were ok or not: http://forums.autosp...howtopic=183465

Cheers

Gareth