* * * - - 4 votes

how can RBR get rid of Webber?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 20:36

Vettel is a 3x WDC and has a good chance of getting a 4th this year. But instead of doing everything they could to promote Vettel winning another WDC, instead RBR did the exact opposite and told Vettel that he was not allowed to win and should gift win to Webber. But Vettel is a fierce competitor like Senna or something and therefore does not accept that kind of treatment. Instead he disregarded the team order and raced and beat Webber.

Now Webber is indignant that he is a victim bc he wasn't gifted a win. More importantly, he is very outspoken about it and, via his manager Briatore, seems to want to assassinate Vettel in the court of public opinion and politics.

RBR's job is to win championships. But their WDC driver is, rather than being helped by his teammate, the target of very extraordinary contempt and various forms of campaigning by his teammate. It is a nightmare for RBR that they should have gotten rid of years ago.

Since RBR's job is to win championships, and their best hope of doing that is with Vettel, what can they do about Webber? I assume they can't give him slow pitstops or something to keep him away from Vettel. I assume Webber and Briatore would sue him much like was the situation with Alonso at McL.

Edited by 2ms, 26 March 2013 - 20:37.

Advertisement

#2 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 20:43

I think the thing is Webber obeyed orders and turned his engine down, Vettel didn't, so it wasn't exactly gifted

#3 prty

prty

• 8,434 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 20:51

Do you think that posting your opinion as a new topic is going to rewrite what really happened?

#4 John Player

John Player

• 600 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 20:53

Make his DRS stuck open while mid corner

#5 DampMongoose

DampMongoose

• 2,258 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 20:53

Sounds like Vettel Fan boy baiting Webber to me, RBR are after CWC which is what the half hearted team order suggested...

#6 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 20:54

but maybe it is time for Webber to get WDC? at least chance for it? instead of getting ****ed up by thte team most of the time. Vettel deserved all this shitstorm that went through his butt recently, cause a lot of people in paddoc (and everyoen that is at least not blind) can see that there are clear nr 1 and nr 2 drivers in RBR. and nr 2 somehow always have these odd problems at starts, some odd tactics and generally pretty odd things going through.

especially that Webber never was a slowpoke

#7 jjcale

jjcale

• 16,192 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 20:55

Make his DRS stuck open while mid corner

or just screw up his starts and KERS??

#8 bub

bub

• 2,722 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 20:59

or just screw up his starts and KERS??

:lol:

#9 showtime

showtime

• 3,032 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 21:01

Easy, tell him "Multi 21" when he is on the way.

#10 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,728 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 21:02

Give him a Toro Rosso and paint it as a Red Bull.

#11 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 21:05

Vettel is a 3x WDC and has a good chance of getting a 4th this year. But instead of doing everything they could to promote Vettel winning another WDC, instead RBR did the exact opposite and told Vettel that he was not allowed to win and should gift win to Webber. But Vettel is a fierce competitor like Senna or something and therefore does not accept that kind of treatment. Instead he disregarded the team order and raced and beat Webber.

Now Webber is indignant that he is a victim bc he wasn't gifted a win. More importantly, he is very outspoken about it and, via his manager Briatore, seems to want to assassinate Vettel in the court of public opinion and politics.

RBR's job is to win championships. But their WDC driver is, rather than being helped by his teammate, the target of very extraordinary contempt and various forms of campaigning by his teammate. It is a nightmare for RBR that they should have gotten rid of years ago.

Since RBR's job is to win championships, and their best hope of doing that is with Vettel, what can they do about Webber? I assume they can't give him slow pitstops or something to keep him away from Vettel. I assume Webber and Briatore would sue him much like was the situation with Alonso at McL.

I am not sure if you had time to read the interview with Briatore, but he, as the Webber's manager is predicting, that Webber will most likely not drive for RBR in 2014. He stated that such consideration was on the table already last year.

My thoughts are, that as first step in this process I will be on high alert to believe anything this man says, and I do suspect that this is rather underhanded ploy to get some more money out of RBR. Webber has nowhere to go. What I might believe is, that he has enough, and wants to do what Michael Schumacher or DC do. That could be closer to the truth.

Edited by Sakae, 26 March 2013 - 21:05.

#12 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 21:10

I am not sure if you had time to read the interview with Briatore, but he, as the Webber's manager is predicting, that Webber will most likely not drive for RBR in 2014. He stated that such consideration was on the table already last year.

My thoughts are, that as first step in this process I will be on high alert to believe anything this man says, and I do suspect that this is rather underhanded ploy to get some more money out of RBR. Webber has nowhere to go. What I might believe is, that he has enough, and wants to do what Michael Schumacher or DC do. That could be closer to the truth.

I was figuring on Webber retiring after this season as well. In fact, I was surprised he continued this season, since he has been so openly unhappy at RBR for several seasons now. It is highly unusual for a pilot to not retire by 37.

But what can they do to keep Webber away from Vettel this season? RBR's job is to win championships. But Webber seems to possibly be disgruntled. What is within RBR's practical ability to protect their WDC contender?

#13 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,161 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 21:12

Do you think that posting your opinion as a new topic is going to rewrite what really happened?

+1

#14 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 21:16

I was figuring on Webber retiring after this season as well. In fact, I was surprised he continued this season, since he has been so openly unhappy at RBR for several seasons now. It is highly unusual for a pilot to not retire by 37.

But what can they do to keep Webber away from Vettel this season? RBR's job is to win championships. But Webber seems to possibly be disgruntled. What is within RBR's practical ability to protect their WDC contender?

Difficult, and I do not know the answer to it, but destroying Vettel mentally, or his run for WDC might help Hamilton and Alonso, but hardly to RBR. It's very delicate situation, and DM might need to get all boys into his dining room, and after dinner tell them, including Marko and Horner, shake hands, and I don't want to see you in my house again for the same reasons. Good luck to you. Now go! (That's what I would do).

#15 cooper

cooper

• 391 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 21:21

Difficult, and I do not know the answer to it, but destroying Vettel mentally, or his run for WDC might help Hamilton and Alonso, but hardly to RBR. It's very delicate situation, and DM might need to get all boys into his dining room, and after dinner tell them, including Marko and Horner, shake hands, and I don't want to see you in my house again for the same reasons. Good luck to you. Now go! (That's what I would do).

Why get rid of webber.. RBR have managed to secure both the WDC and WCC for the last three years with the help of webber. Without someone as consistent and strong as webber you cannot guarantee bringing both home. Webber is still a very good racing driver and performing on his part, just sounds like people talking about how vettel should get preferential treatment.. If you were to bring in someone else who is to say this issue will still not exist? If RBR are really "telling the truth" of their drivers are given equal opportunity, what's to stop someone like JEV from trying to fight vettel for wins

Edited by cooper, 26 March 2013 - 21:24.

#16 MrFondue

MrFondue

• 375 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 21:23

but maybe it is time for Webber to get WDC? at least chance for it? instead of getting ****ed up by thte team most of the time. Vettel deserved all this shitstorm that went through his butt recently, cause a lot of people in paddoc (and everyoen that is at least not blind) can see that there are clear nr 1 and nr 2 drivers in RBR. and nr 2 somehow always have these odd problems at starts, some odd tactics and generally pretty odd things going through.

especially that Webber never was a slowpoke

Webber had his chance in 2010 and failed miserably. And you know, he also publicly demanded that Vettel should let him win Interlagos in 2010.

#17 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 21:25

Why get rid of webber.. RBR have managed to secure both the WDC and WCC for the last three years because of webber. Without someone as consistent and strong as webber you cannot guarantee bringing both home. Webber is still a very good racing driver and performing on his part, just sounds like people moaning about how vettel should get preferential treatment

Right or wrong, I came across several voices who do think that this relationship (Vettel/Webber) is irreparable, and might end in disaster for the team already this season. So question is, what you do? Fix it, or let Webber to go on gardening leave, and call in a substitute driver?

#18 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 21:25

Get a grip. Webber is a formidable, intelligent race driver. Sure there will be another fast driver, but if Red Bull management cannot handle Webber in one of their car, there will be no other candidate that will bring as many points that he has brought, and as integrated team that he has built up. It is exciting to see racing between Webber and Vettel, that is how Red Bull is contributing to the whole formula one.

#19 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,491 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 22:43

We don't need another thread on this subject, use one of the existing threads.