The fans interview Fernando Alonso

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,884 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 14:49

http://www.fernandoa...-primera-parte/

I think this it's a special interview that deserves his own topic.
An extra:

Advertisement

#2 naiboz

naiboz

• 483 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 16:19

it's good that he does them...

but theres nothing particularly interesting in it apart from the F10 is better than the F138

and thankfully he has the sense to prefer a gorgeous 3 litre V10

#3 Sin

Sin

• 2,042 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 16:45

@Paula_fanAlo What virtue of Pedro, Marc Gené, Felipe Massa, Vettel, Hamilton and Kimi would you highlight?

FA: They’re all drivers with great talent, who are capable of making the most of cars that aren’t quite perfect.

What now?! o.O didn't he say Vettel was only winning cause of the car?!

#4 apexpredator

apexpredator

• 242 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 17:22

You can't be taking some of those answers for what he actually thinks. A lot of them are very diplomatic, and some answers are even given to align with Ferrari's views.

#5 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:17

He never said that.

#6 Rybo

Rybo

• 366 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:34

@Ste_chan_ If you could choose any driver from the past to race against who would you pick? And why? Thanks Fer :) ))

FA: I would pick Senna. He was the best. Thank you Ste_chan!

@WhosCeejayReyes Michael Schumacher or Ayrton Senna?

FA: Ayrton, without a doubt.

@gordo_l If you could choose a winning car from another F1 era, which one would you pick?

FA: I would pick a Ferrari. The best cars which have won have mostly been Ferraris.

I have a feeling that secretly he would want to drive the MP4-4 that Senna and Prost drove, but couldn't say that for PR reasons.

#7 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:41

I have a feeling that secretly he would want to drive the MP4-4 that Senna and Prost drove, but couldn't say that for PR reasons.

For domination reasons? Nothing comes close to the Ferrari F2004. That car was God! :wave:

#8 NoDivergence

NoDivergence

• 2,415 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:16

For domination reasons? Nothing comes close to the Ferrari F2004. That car was God! :wave:

The MP4-4 was a more dominant car. And a complete beast with 1100 hp and manual transmission...

#9 Rybo

Rybo

• 366 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:18

This is off topic, but I see the MP4-4 as a more dominant car as it won 15/16. Where F2004 only won 15/20. However to each their own, but for someone who categorically puts Senna ahead of Schumacher what would be more emotional or sentimental than the first championship winning car for Senna and the last and greatest of the turbo-era, no driver aids cars. Not to mention the fact that he went to McLaren to drive for Senna's team. All of that leads me to believe he would pick the MP4-4 over the F2004.

Edited by Rybo, 11 April 2013 - 04:24.

#10 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 7,032 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:40

This is off topic, but I see the MP4-4 as a more dominant car as it won 15/16. Where F2004 only won 15/20. However to each their own, but for someone who categorically puts Senna ahead of Schumacher what would be more emotional or sentimental than the first championship winning car for Senna and the last and greatest of the turbo-era, no driver aids cars. Not to mention the fact that he went to McLaren to drive for Senna's team. All of that leads me to believe he would pick the MP4-4 over the F2004.

My thinking as well.

#11 Kyo

Kyo

• 1,313 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:46

Statically MP4-4 was by far the most dominant. It had a bigger wins %, pole % and finished the WCC with 3x more points than the 2nd place and you still get all the others cool stuff like you said. Still the F2004 was more reliable. :p

ps: Anyway I still think the FW14B was by far the most dominant in pure pace.

#12 ArkZ

ArkZ

• 611 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:29

@thanksfernando Which #Ferrari do you prefer? #f60 #f150 #f2012 #f138? And which Ferrari of the past would you want to drive?

FA: The F10 is the best car I have driven. If we’re talking about trying them out…I think that the Ferrari F2004 would be the chosen one.

Anyway if he so desperately wanted mp4-4 he would drive it in 2007. Mp4-4 was more dominant but F2004 remain the fastest ever.

#13 HPT

HPT

• 2,102 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:27

I know Alonso said he doesn't have a PR person handling his tweets/FB/interview but "blimey" and that response about why certain drivers get nauseas in simulators don't sound like him much. Although it could be just a result of getting someone (probably English) to do a translation as I'm sure he'd be more comfortable answering them in Spanish.

Anyways, still funny seeing him write "blimey!"

:D

#14 Rybo

Rybo

• 366 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:07

@thanksfernando Which #Ferrari do you prefer? #f60 #f150 #f2012 #f138? And which Ferrari of the past would you want to drive?

FA: The F10 is the best car I have driven. If we’re talking about trying them out…I think that the Ferrari F2004 would be the chosen one.

Anyway if he so desperately wanted mp4-4 he would drive it in 2007. Mp4-4 was more dominant but F2004 remain the fastest ever.

This wasn't meant to be a discussion of the fastest/greatest/most successful F1 car, but when explicitly asked which winning car from any era (F2004 included) he gave a well worded non answer. He could have said F2004, but he did not, which in my opinion he didn't/couldn't say which car he really wanted. I surmised from his history and this "interview" that it would have been something that Senna drove and why not the MP4-4?

Also keep in mind 2007 was a tumultuous time for McLaren and in the midst of trying to win a championship the team was broken apart slowly by inner turmoil. Not exactly the environment for joy riding in a priceless grand prix car.

Again this is just my opinion about his true thoughts as he did not divulge them along with other questions in this "interview". I would love to hear his actual thought away from twitter and microphones.

#15 Ravenak

Ravenak

• 939 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:32

I know Alonso said he doesn't have a PR person handling his tweets/FB/interview but "blimey" and that response about why certain drivers get nauseas in simulators don't sound like him much. Although it could be just a result of getting someone (probably English) to do a translation as I'm sure he'd be more comfortable answering them in Spanish.

Anyways, still funny seeing him write "blimey!"

:D

He writes it in Spanish and a friend translates it into English for him, how can you not figure that?

#16 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:14

If I am given one chance in life to choose between the MP4-4 and the F2004 for a drive I would choose the F2004 because I would go faster in the later if you take into account my Formula 1 driving skills vs the driver aids to go fast on each of those two cars.

#17 HPT

HPT

• 2,102 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 15:36

He writes it in Spanish and a friend translates it into English for him, how can you not figure that?

Because I'm no as smart as you, obviously.

In all seriousness, did you not read this part where I said: Although it could be just a result of getting someone (probably English) to do a translation as I'm sure he'd be more comfortable answering them in Spanish.

But let's stick with the part where I'm not as smart as you ;)

#18 Ravenak

Ravenak

• 939 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 15:47

I'm sure he'd be more comfortable answering them in Spanish.

Oh really, you're sure? How'd you come to that conclusion?

No way i'm the genius here, it can only be you :cat:

Here you go, I'll spare you the effort of doing the research:

@Manuelmd17 “¿Por qué se marean ciertos pilotos en los simuladores? “

FA: Es una reacción de la mente. Cuando un piloto está trabajando en el simulador, la imagen que ve en la pantalla no se corresponde, por poquísimo, con la visión o con las
fuerzas que la memoria recuerda en una situación en la que estás rodando de vedad en el coche. Por lo tanto, la mente recibe unos estímulos que no son los que se espera y reacciona protegiéndose. En este caso, se protege con mareos y nauseas.

#19 HPT

HPT

• 2,102 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 15:52

Oh really, you're sure? How'd you come to that conclusion?

No way i'm the genius here, it can only be you :cat:

Here you go, I'll spare you the effort of doing the research:

Thanks for that, although I don't understand Spanish, but I can guess what it means :)

As big an Alonso fan as I am, I don't spend too much time reading stuff on the internet so please forgive me for not knowing every single thing that is readily available on the world wide web :p

But don't be so humble, my friend. It's obvious who the genius is here. And it ain't me :)

Advertisement

#20 Dino2000

Dino2000

• 99 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 17:24

http://www.fernandoa...-primera-parte/

I think this it's a special interview that deserves his own topic.
An extra:

LOL "Due giri Piano" best moment the close-up of Fernando looking at the camera after saying that... is there the complete lap video elsewhere?

TYVM por posting!

Regards,

Dino

#21 Massafan

Massafan

• 50 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 17:27

Likeable interview with good questions... definitely say, that it's a good one! :)

#22 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,884 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 15:45

Second part of the interview, kudos for Fernando, he answered some stupid questions with the aim to make fun of him, and he schooled some idiots on the internet.

http://www.fernandoa...-segunda-parte/

@GomezCampillo14 What do you feel when swapping a team that gave you a Megane for one that gives you a Ferrari? Haha

FA: Well…they didn’t give me Renault cars and they don’t give me Ferraris now! It is true that now and again, for a couple of weeks, they give you a car that the brand has just released to promote it but until now, every car I’ve wanted to have in my garage I’ve had to pay for.

Really?.

#23 sheepgobba

sheepgobba

• 1,124 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 16:13

Second part of the interview, kudos for Fernando, he answered some stupid questions with the aim to make fun of him, and he schooled some idiots on the internet.

http://www.fernandoa...-segunda-parte/

Really?.

I am also surprised about that too... I remember when McLaren launched the 12C both Jensen and Lewis got one for free!