Photo
- - - - -

Turnaround at Pirelli?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Poll: Turnaround at Pirelli? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Will top teams drop their standard drivers?

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No (13 votes [81.25%])

Percentage of vote: 81.25%

3. Yes, but just for the first 45 minutes (3 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Forma1

Forma1

• 351 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:03

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/106779

It seems to me petty reasonable. For instanse Ferrari hardly did any laps in the first practice session, so spicing up the action is always good, on top of that you can get an opportunity to your development drivers (of course it can vary from weekend to weekend cos most of them are racing in other series so their calendar can bump into the F1 calendar).

Big question remains to be is it possible to change the drivers in the practice? So is it possible to let your development driver run for the first part of the session and let your race driver drive for the second part?

http://nextgen-auto....auda,59386.html
Lauda also hinted Pirelli could supply harder compounds.

By the way it is almost secured Pirelli is about to leave F1. I feel sorry for them cos they always produced tyres they were asked to. It always spiced up the racing. And let's remember! Tyres which teams really struggle with at the first races are getting more durable towards the end of the season. If Pirelli produced tyres which you can already put on a two stop strategy at the first races with, you would end up having boring one-stop races like at the end of last year or throughout the whole 2010 season.

Edited by Forma1, 15 April 2013 - 07:09.

Advertisement

#2 fenixracing

fenixracing

• 340 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:56

sorry but i dont agree with the one stop being boring.
Alot of ppl complaind about the pitstops being too mutch of deciding factor.
well isnt less pitstops than better.
today its not mutch better than the old days. pitstop are even more important than in the past.
they shoud have kept those tyres from 2010 , drs is good enough.
just think about if we had drs in past. the problem back then was the dirty air isnt drs there to make that different.
i hope Pirelli is changing these tyres fast because their isnt any real battle anymore . and if they do the tyres are gone.
these days they just wait for drs.
why not creating a pit window like in gt racing.
and give them tyres where they can do one qualifyinglap after another.
you can not even say today who is fastest, not even in a teammate battle.
because: battle and the tyres are gone, drive to close tyres are gone, drive to fast tyres are gone.
im glad Pirelli is thinking of changing there tyres.