Photo

'Spirits from the Dead' movie

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AllTwelve

AllTwelve

• 123 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 00:36

... just finished watching the 1968 film "Spirits from the Dead" for the first time. The third in the trilogy is "Toby Dammit" - One of Fellini's best IMHO. Can anyone shed light as to the gold Ferrari used in the film?

http://en.wikipedia....its_of_the_Dead

AT

Edited by AllTwelve, 10 May 2013 - 00:37.

Advertisement

#2 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:59

1964 Ferrari 330 Fantuzzi Spyder #4381SA  ;)

#3 Nanni Dietrich

Nanni Dietrich

• 1,431 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:03

What a great movie, indeed.
Federico Fellini's far and away the best part. The Maestro did a superb job.

The great British actor Terence Stamp, who lived in Italy in the late 1960s, was chosen by Fellini in place of Peter O'Toole, his first choice.
In the following years, Stamp worked with other Italian directors such as Pier Paolo Pasolini, Nelo Risi and Peppino Patroni Griffi.

It was rumored that Fellini had long talks about this movie with his friend Stanley Kubrick. Later, someone found similarities between the gold painted Ferrari running at full speed in the narrow streets of Rome and the crazy race of Alex DeLarge's Durango-95 car in "Clockwork Orange", or between the small girl that appears in Terence Stamp's mind with her "strange ball" and the small boy Danny, the twins and their mysterious Overlook Hotel's ball, in "Shining".

The Fantuzzi Ferrari of the film, had a so-called "Targa-di-cartone" (cardboard plate), a provisional license plate (number 14844-P4) that at the time allowed the still unregistered cars to circulate in open roads in Italy.

Edited by Nanni Dietrich, 13 May 2013 - 09:11.

#4 Nigel Beresford

Nigel Beresford

• 1,087 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 20:16

Have to look out for that. Thanks for the tips.

Staying with Fellini, one of my favourite films of all time is "Amarcord", which includes a small depiction of the Mille Miglia (of 1932, according to the Italian wiki).

#5 Nanni Dietrich

Nanni Dietrich

• 1,431 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:37

Have to look out for that. Thanks for the tips.

Staying with Fellini, one of my favourite films of all time is "Amarcord", which includes a small depiction of the Mille Miglia (of 1932, according to the Italian wiki).

Yes Nigel, it was the 1932 edition of the Mille Miglia. The course passed through Rimini (Fellini's hometown) coming back from Rome, and going towards Northern Italy to the finish line located at Brescia.

I agree, Amarcord is my favourite Fellini's film and one of the five films of my life.
"Amarcord" is a dialect word from Romagna region. It is a contraction of "IO MI RICORDO" (I remember) with a meaning of melancholic nostalgia. This strange word has become a neologism in the Italian language, and currently it is used as a specific word.