* * * * - 11 votes

Alonso reported to police

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#1 Ze Bum

Ze Bum

• 495 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:42

...for attacking a photographer and breaking his camera worth 6000 euros.

http://www.mundodepo...4373350749.html

(since every little thing is supposed to have its own thread now)

Advertisement

#2 femi

femi

• 8,288 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:44

...for attacking a photographer and breaking his camera worth 6000 euros.

http://www.mundodepo...4373350749.html

(since every little thing is supposed to have its own thread now)

Spreading...

#3 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,875 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:47

Forums > Racing Comments

#4 bonjon1979a

bonjon1979a

• 4,333 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:48

Naughty boy.

#5 JRizzle86

JRizzle86

• 2,096 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:50

Maybe the photo is being taken out of context, maybe he is trying to give him a cuddle.

#6 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,270 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:51

Alonso has never been particularly nice to the press, but there are all type of opinions about what really happened in that incident... apparently this same photographer has had a number of issues with other people, and the fact that in the past he has used twitter to spread such incidents does not help his claim. http://www.libertadd...ion-1276489767/ http://es.autoblog.c...so-por-agresio/ http://www.telecinco...1388655054.html

In any case, and given that there were witnesses, we should find out what happened.

Edited by Fontainebleau, 10 May 2013 - 10:56.

#7 CoinOperated

CoinOperated

• 77 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:51

Funny how at the exact moment of the incident another photographer is ready to make pictures of the actual incident...

#8 SealTheDiffuser

SealTheDiffuser

• 2,416 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:53

Funny how at the exact moment of the incident another photographer is ready to make pictures of the actual incident...

tinfoil hat ready?

#9 Zava

Zava

• 7,116 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:58

yeah, how funny, photographers waiting for a celebrity outside of a hotel. never seen anything remotely similar in my life! :drunk:

#10 Grundle

Grundle

• 1,309 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:59

Where exactly did this happen?
Outside the hotel? Alonso is out of order here. What a samurai

Edited by Grundle, 10 May 2013 - 11:02.

#11 femi

femi

• 8,288 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:00

It's called paparazzi, they move around in hordes

#12 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,564 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:00

Lol. Very naughty boy Alonso is...

#13 KirilVarbanov

KirilVarbanov

• 866 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:02

I can't really agree that such potential incidents may exist in a racing forum. Honestly.

#14 rasul

rasul

• 1,952 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:02

“If the sword breaks, attack with the hands. If they cut off your hands, push the enemy with your shoulders, even with the teeth.”

Good thing he didn't attack with his teeth. :D

#15 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,564 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:05

Alonso fans shouldn't excuse this kind of behaviour. He is a public figure and cameras will ALWAYS be around. He should have handled it differently.

If I'm not mistaken he threatened a photographer a few years ago as well while on holiday.

#16 femi

femi

• 8,288 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:06

Thank goodness it was not LH, this thread would have exploded...

#17 Frankbullitt

Frankbullitt

• 3,120 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:11

Some context would be handy.

#18 AlexanderF1

AlexanderF1

• 215 posts

this reminds me of when kimi raikkonen pushed a photographer to the ground on the grid in silverstone 08 or was it 07

#19 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,270 posts

Alonso fans shouldn't excuse this kind of behaviour. He is a public figure and cameras will ALWAYS be around. He should have handled it differently.

If I'm not mistaken he threatened a photographer a few years ago as well while on holiday.

I agree that, if true, this should not be excused. However, please note that this particular photographer has a history of claiming that he has been attacked by famous people he was chasing, and until now none of those claims proved to be true - although he got some publicity from them.

As for Alonso threatening another photographer, I think that you refer to the following incident http://www.elperiodi...al/649766.shtml He did indeed threaten with leaving the island where he was on holidays if he saw a camera nearby. I think that we can all agree that we are talking of something totally different from the current situation, in which the photographer claims to have been physically assaulted.

Edited by Fontainebleau, 10 May 2013 - 11:13.

Advertisement

#20 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,143 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:12

Paparazzis have no respect from me.

#21 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 2,196 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:13

OMG ! What got into him ? I saw the picture of the attack on twitter yesterday !
Perhaps the photographer was stubborn and annoying to take pics of him...too close to his face ?

#22 femi

femi

• 8,288 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:15

Paparazzis have no respect from me.

You missed the point.

#23 SealTheDiffuser

SealTheDiffuser

• 2,416 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:17

this reminds me of when kimi raikkonen pushed a photographer to the ground on the grid in silverstone 08 or was it 07

I only remeber RAI pushing a child and MON pushing the camera man

Edited by SealTheDiffuser, 10 May 2013 - 11:17.

#24 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,564 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:18

I agree that, if true, this should not be excused. However, please note that this particular photographer has a history of claiming that he has been attacked by famous people he was chasing, and until now none of those claims proved to be true - although he got some publicity from them.

As for Alonso threatening another photographer, I think that you refer to the following incident http://www.elperiodi...al/649766.shtml He did indeed threaten with leaving the island where he was on holidays if he saw a camera nearby. I think that we can all agree that we are talking of something totally different from the current situation, in which the photographer claims to have been physically assaulted.

I am by no means excusing the photographer, but after all is said and done it's his job. Alonso is a grown man now and should know how to deal with these situations. Also, I didn't mean to imply that the other incident is reminiscent of what happened now because it clearly is not I was merely demonstrating that Alonso has a history with photographers.

Anyway, I doubt anything will come of this. Alonso will most likely have to apologise and replace the broken equipment.

#25 Grundle

Grundle

• 1,309 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:24

Thank goodness it was not LH, this thread would have exploded...

Lol. It would be a sign he's going off the rails, and only a bad hair day away from stabbing someone up, with violent rap music still blaring in his ears
:rolleyes:

#26 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:24

This needs to be punished. Clear case of assault.

#27 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,407 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:26

Yes and that one earned him a +20 pages thread. :p

#28 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 6,513 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:29

Its the paparazzi who are always the provocateurs, most of the time. And things explode, celebrity is blamed for being aggressive.

#29 femi

femi

• 8,288 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:30

I am by no means excusing the photographer, but after all is said and done it's his job. Alonso is a grown man now and should know how to deal with these situations. Also, I didn't mean to imply that the other incident is reminiscent of what happened now because it clearly is not I was merely demonstrating that Alonso has a history with photographers.

Anyway, I doubt anything will come of this. Alonso will most likely have to apologise and replace the broken equipment.

There is an obscure rule about bringing the name of the sport into disrepute which Mad Max liberally used to exclusively can those that didn't catch his fancy - obviously Alonso didn't belong to this group. Anyway, I agree that this will blow over with relative ease, but I will file this away for later on when those vindicating Alonso this time around come out shooting down other drivers for "misbehaving" in future

#30 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,270 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:31

Alonso has never been particularly good in handling his relationship with the press, particularly not so with the part of the press that covers the private life of famous people, but also with some of the journalists that work in the paddock. Which in my opinion is a mistake, because it does not matter how right you are in considering some of them a plague, they can create or manipulate his public image - and I am sure that everyone cares about his or her public image to a certain extent.

#31 skyform

skyform

• 426 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:33

Looks like Alonso was running and the photographer was in the middle of the runway, so Alonso simply pushed him away because maybe he didn't want his running to be interupted? Anyway, not a nice thing to do.

#32 PoleMan

PoleMan

• 1,563 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:33

You seem to be in a bit of a rush to judgment, without benefit of actual facts. You've said Alonso fans shouldn't be making excuses for his behavior, when we don't even have a breakdown of what propogated this. Then you say Alonso has "threatened" a photographer before, when Fountainbleau shows that all he did was "threaten" to leave the island.

Since there's also some evidence that it is THIS photographer who has a history of these types of "assault allegations," it might be wise to not chide Alonso for his behavior until more information comes to light beyond a snapshot.  ;)

#33 mtojay

mtojay

• 179 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:34

im not the biggest alonso fan, but kudos to him.

i think its a joke that celebs cant do anything against paparazzis at all. i thought about that once, would i be an annoyed celebrity and had enough money. i would engage somebody to follow the most annoying paparazzi for at least one month, constantly takin pictures and stuff.

#34 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 2,196 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:35

I am a Alonsofan and I´m not accepting this behavior who ever it is. But I´m not going to judge it because.
I don´t know what happened, I didn´t see it, i wasn´t there. Shouldn´t surprise me at all it depends on his girlfriend ??

Picture

Chinese GP

Fan Picture

This is also China GP Friday nigth, this girl in the middle tweeted that Dasha was
unwilling and annoyed when the girl/Alonsofan wanted to take
a picture together with Alonso. "Fernando said: It is only a picture
you dont have to be jealous darling."

That´s why I think it could depends on Dasha.

edit: edit could not post the pics so I link to them.

Edited by Lotusseven, 10 May 2013 - 11:40.

#35 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,270 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:35

There is an obscure rule about bringing the name of the sport into disrepute which Mad Max liberally used to exclusively can those that didn't catch his fancy - obviously Alonso didn't belong to this group. Anyway, I agree that this will blow over with relative ease, but I will file this away for later on when those vindicating Alonso this time around come out shooting down other drivers for "misbehaving" in future

Do you really think that this incident, if true, deserves to be filed under "bringing the sport into disrepute"? People here have mentioned similar incidents with Raikkonen and Montoya, and as far as I know nobody ever spoke of them bringing the sport into disrepute at the time (but I may be mistaken); I don't even think that such a thing was charged on Piquet when he had his clash with Salazar! All regrettable incidents, but far from the type of thing you hint.

#36 femi

femi

• 8,288 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:42

Do you really think that this incident, if true, deserves to be filed under "bringing the sport into disrepute"? People here have mentioned similar incidents with Raikkonen and Montoya, and as far as I know nobody ever spoke of them bringing the sport into disrepute at the time (but I may be mistaken); I don't even think that such a thing was charged on Piquet when he had his clash with Salazar! All regrettable incidents, but far from the type of thing you hint.

Nope, I don't think so. I was just pointing out that you shouldn't rule Mad Max out using it. Did you read my entire post?

Edited by femi, 10 May 2013 - 11:43.

#37 F1ultimate

F1ultimate

• 2,991 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:43

Don't waste your energy guys. Nothing will happen given that paparazzi a pretty provocative but more importantly Alonso is a national hero only second to royalty - so nothing will come of this.

#38 onewingedangel

onewingedangel

• 1,593 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:43

If the photographer had a paddock pass he can kiss that goodbye.

Should have just sent an invoice to Ferrari.

#39 femi

femi

• 8,288 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:45

Don't waste your energy guys. Nothing will happen given that paparazzi a pretty provocative but more importantly Alonso is a national hero only second to royalty - so nothing will come of this.

Are you insinuating that Spanish cops and or judiciary are corrupt?

Advertisement

#40 pacificquay

pacificquay

• 6,236 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:47

Taking pictures in a public place is perfectly legitimate.

Assaulting someone is not.

#41 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,371 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:48

The photographer probably deserved it tbh, I got nothing against Alonso on this one.

"Let's see if through this complaint he learns to have more respect for the press,"

Oh please, maybe this dumb photographer should learn to respect peoples privacy, no matter who it is.

Edited by MikeV1987, 10 May 2013 - 11:54.

#42 Grundle

Grundle

• 1,309 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:51

Are you insinuating that Spanish cops and or judiciary are corrupt?

I raise you 211 blood bags.

#43 dreamerBiH

dreamerBiH

• 995 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:52

Taking pictures in a public place is perfectly legitimate.

Taking pictures of persons (and especially publishing) against their own will is not legitimate, I really don't know where you live...

Edited by dreamerBiH, 10 May 2013 - 11:53.

#44 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:55

But Alonso is a person of public interest, that is different.

#45 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,371 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:57

But Alonso is a person of public interest, that is different.

So? Alonso has rights just like anybody else, the guy was asking for it by the sounds of it. Reminds me of Kimi in 08, that photographer deserved that too.

#46 naiboz

naiboz

• 482 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:59

just one pic of the alledged incident?

who took that pic? why just one pic? why no pic of the pap on the ground with his smashed camera, surely that would be a better pic

I smell BS

#47 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 24,535 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:00

This just sounds like some asshole paparazzo got all up in Alonso's grill when he's been trying to go about his business during his time off work and he's gotten a shove and his fancy-dan camera broke for his pains. Well, boo-hoo. Consider it an occupational hazard of a grubby trade.

At least Paul-Henri Cahier was taking his pictures of Kimi at work, so to speak.

#48 darkkis

darkkis

• 898 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:01

Taking pictures of persons (and especially publishing) against their own will is not legitimate, I really don't know where you live...

Sounds weird. In Finland taking pictures in public areas is perfectly legal, also publishing them unless used for "questionable" purposes.

#49 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,875 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:03

And maybe you should have all the facts and sides of the story before making any judgement.

http://www.vanitatis...arcelona-24279/

#50 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,564 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:03

You seem to be in a bit of a rush to judgment, without benefit of actual facts. You've said Alonso fans shouldn't be making excuses for his behavior, when we don't even have a breakdown of what propogated this. Then you say Alonso has "threatened" a photographer before, when Fountainbleau shows that all he did was "threaten" to leave the island.

Since there's also some evidence that it is THIS photographer who has a history of these types of "assault allegations," it might be wise to not chide Alonso for his behavior until more information comes to light beyond a snapshot. ;)

I'm not judging anybody... I'm saying that regardless of provocation Alonso should have handled it better instead of man-handling the photographer and in the process destroying his equipment.

Regarding the photographer having a history... Don't you think this incident should be judged on its own?