Lotus E21 (Part 2)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4004 replies to this topic

#101 Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94

• 534 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 15:28

Haha had to smile about this quote from Kimi about the atmosphere in Monaco:

"It’s an interesting place to go to, with a lot of fans and a lot of parties going on; or so I’m told"

:rotfl:

Advertisement

#102 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 15:33

Haha had to smile about this quote from Kimi about the atmosphere in Monaco:

"It’s an interesting place to go to, with a lot of fans and a lot of parties going on; or so I’m told"

:rotfl:

Hmmm. I remember the same line last year.

#103 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 18:19

Hmmm. I remember the same line last year.

BUt arent f1 interviews are made 1 on 1 with the driver?

#104 Gasp

Gasp

• 79 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 20:58

Upgrade package to Monaco: Alan Permane says new front wing, new rear wing and modifications to the floor so good news. He thinks we are strong there, hope so! You can also read Kimis&Romains quotes for the Monaco here, can`t paste them. http://www.formula1....13/5/14563.html

Also Kimis full interview for Monaco: http://www.formula1....13/5/14564.html

One week to go! :clap:

#105 V3TT3L

V3TT3L

• 1,681 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 21:02

Kimi is going to have a good time, for sure. :clap:

The Gumball 3000 rally will finish in the Monaco GP weekend.
The Dudesons are participating.

#106 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,357 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 21:25

He didn't say it was too narrow. He said it was crazy. It is true too. Also, actually, most drivers hated the tires from 2011 onwards. The negative comments started in 2011. They are simply a farce, and the concept forced on F1 has been killing racing for three seaons now. Pirelli was new, and teams have been pretty patient for seasons. By now the teams got fed up too, it is too obvious for the general public that the tyres are ruining the spectacle, not adding to it. The delamination is not dangerous, it is a pain in the axx, certainly forcing them to tweak the construction. I don't think Pirelli will do anything that will seriously alter the tyre behaviour and attributes, part of me thinks they are not even capable of doing that. And all this because some jerk at the FIA asked them to make tyres exactly like that? Somehow find that hard to believe.

They were suppose to design tyres based on the 2010 Canadian GP. Tyres that degrade and where you are able to use different tyre strategies. We have had that this season, we have seen different teams use different strategies. There needs to be different variables in the races. If everyone uses the same strategies, we would soon be back to follow the leader processional type of racing. Where even cars that are 2 seconds a lap faster cant pass a car in front him, that isn't good racing.
It isn't all that obvious that everyone has a problem with the tyres. I ve certianly not seen the comments to suggest that.

Edited by intelligentsia, 17 May 2013 - 21:59.

#107 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,357 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 21:27

Kimi is going to have a good time, for sure. :clap:

The Gumball 3000 rally will finish in the Monaco GP weekend.
The Dudesons are participating.

And Kimi will be participating. :)

It would be even more fun if he could actually qualify well. :D

#108 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 9,453 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 21:30

Ok, now that the tyre issue has been resolved by a surprisingly sensible FIA, when are Lotus going to send their drivers out an aggressive strategy? I'm interested to see what kind of pace they can run at on an aggressive strategy...

#109 swerved

swerved

• 3,689 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 21:32

Upgrade package to Monaco: Alan Permane says new front wing, new rear wing and modifications to the floor so good news. He thinks we are strong there, hope so! You can also read Kimis&Romains quotes for the Monaco here, can`t paste them. http://www.formula1....13/5/14563.html

Also Kimis full interview for Monaco: http://www.formula1....13/5/14564.html

One week to go! :clap:

Hoping for another good result here, whatever happens a points finish would be good to maintain that consistency, a podium/win would keep Kimi well in contention,hope both E21's are reliable as well this weekend, reclaiming 2nd in the WCC would be a bonus, as many points as possible please, before the tyres change, Monaco has never been amongst my favourite races but a win next week would move it up the rankings :)

#110 Hayden1

Hayden1

• 400 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 22:57

Posted Image

Emperor Kimus Raikkonenus, 2013 WDC :)

#111 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,357 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 23:01

Wow that is one terrible statute. :drunk:

#112 Zava

Zava

• 5,070 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 23:05

Wow that is one terrible statute. :drunk:

yup, there are some weird ones in the hungaroring statue park :p IIRC Hamilton's is extremely bad.

#113 Nathan

Nathan

• 2,680 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 00:54

All the sacrifice, heart, money, etc the people in F1 put toward this sport all rendered pissing in the wind when you've got situation of the tires being deliberately designed to alter race results.

Horse shit. The results seem fairly consistent among the teams. We haven't seen for example a Williams or Sauber on the podium one week, then finishing 12th and 13th the next. We haven't seen a drastic change in the overall pecking order, results are not a lottery. The case is some teams can handle the rapid degradation, some not so well.

#114 pryanjack

pryanjack

• 64 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:04

Horse shit. The results seem fairly consistent among the teams. We haven't seen for example a Williams or Sauber on the podium one week, then finishing 12th and 13th the next. We haven't seen a drastic change in the overall pecking order, results are not a lottery. The case is some teams can handle the rapid degradation, some not so well.

:up: :up:

#115 Callisto

Callisto

• 2,703 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:44

:up:

#116 KTF1

KTF1

• 120 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:58

Posted Image

Emperor Kimus Raikkonenus, 2013 WDC :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#117 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 16:05

Kimi really needs a pole this year, and I would love it if it happens at Monaco!

#118 Hayden1

Hayden1

• 400 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 16:17

Would love to see that too, but i think Merc's will be out of reach in Q- what is making the race more complicated cause of their tyre problems.I hope there will be no Merc train all the race.

#119 Alburaq

Alburaq

• 1,098 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 16:42

Paul Hembery:
"In Monaco we'd expect an average of two pit stops per car, because in complete contrast to the last race at Barcelona, Monaco has very low tyre wear and degradation. This doesn't make the race any less strategic however, as in the past we have seen drivers trying completely different strategies yet ending up very close to each other at the finish."

Advertisement

#120 Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94

• 534 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 17:26

Paul Hembery:
"In Monaco we'd expect an average of two pit stops per car, because in complete contrast to the last race at Barcelona, Monaco has very low tyre wear and degradation. This doesn't make the race any less strategic however, as in the past we have seen drivers trying completely different strategies yet ending up very close to each other at the finish."

Would Lotus be able to do a one stop? Then they might pit Kimi&Grosjean early to hopefully get them in clean air. Don't know whether this is possible, but if one team is able to do it, it is Lotus :)

#121 ph7

ph7

• 24 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 20:15

At pretty much any other circuit where degradation is a factor, to a certain extent you can stop whenever you like, come out behind slower cars and overtake using DRS and so on. This simply isn’t the case in Monaco.
If you pit very early and come out behind the back markers, you’re likely to be stuck there for lap upon lap; losing a vast amount of time in the process.
Assuming a one stop race is a possibility, you need to calculate how early you can feasibly complete that stop without emerging in traffic, which is a fairly unique strategic challenge.

We might see one stop only. Hopefully it'll be on the right timing. I'm optimistic for Sunday!

#122 Rikhart

Rikhart

• 581 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 22:53

I dont get the point in always stopping less times than the others, imo thats why Kimi has only won once this year. Going less stops is slower. I want them to go aggressive so we can see the speed in that car.

#123 Pitlane

Pitlane

• 433 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 23:47

I dont get the point in always stopping less times than the others, imo thats why Kimi has only won once this year. Going less stops is slower. I want them to go aggressive so we can see the speed in that car.

see the speed of the car infront of him you mean :p

#124 swerved

swerved

• 3,689 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 23:48

Regardless of how many stops they do, they need to do them a little quicker, from JA's form guide.

"The league table below shows the order of the pit crews based on their fastest time in the Spanish Grand Prix, from the car entering the pit lane to leaving it.

Worth noting is that the leading times are around one second faster than last year at the same event, showing the progress made in this area."

1. Ferrari 18.471s
2. Red Bull 18.606s
3. McLaren 18.810s
4. Sauber 19.324s
5. Mercedes 19.352s
6 Force India 19.481s
7 Toro Rosso 19.498s
9. Lotus 19.743s
10. Marussia 19.830s
11. Caterham 20.734s

http://www.jamesalle...aco-grand-prix/

#125 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:46

Lotus was a bit higher last year xD. Well it looks terrible :p

#126 Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94

• 534 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:27

Regardless of how many stops they do, they need to do them a little quicker, from JA's form guide.

"The league table below shows the order of the pit crews based on their fastest time in the Spanish Grand Prix, from the car entering the pit lane to leaving it.

Worth noting is that the leading times are around one second faster than last year at the same event, showing the progress made in this area."

1. Ferrari 18.471s
2. Red Bull 18.606s
3. McLaren 18.810s
4. Sauber 19.324s
5. Mercedes 19.352s
6 Force India 19.481s
7 Toro Rosso 19.498s
9. Lotus 19.743s
10. Marussia 19.830s
11. Caterham 20.734s

That's just embarrassing. I'm not expecting them to be equally as fast as Ferrari, but over a second is just too much. If you get behind another car (especially in Monaco ofc) because of a Lotus pitstop it could cost you the victory. Strangely enough, when they practice their stops they always put things on Twitter like : 2.5 seconds, 2.7 seconds. So it's either pressure or that Twitter account is just not right at all. Example from Bahrain:

2.5secs stop for P4 #Kimi to end his session #LongerLastingRubber #BahrainGP #FP3

#127 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:31

"Most efficient at using limited funds" my a$$. Fixing their pit stops is the cheapest way to gain time, and they've made little progress since last year. They will absolutely not win the championship unless they up their game in all areas or end up with a dominant car, which they don't have right now.

#128 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 2,980 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:50

Yeah, after Spain I compared this and last years pit stop times. Almost every team improved by around 1 second, Lotus' times were almost identical to last season. This needs to be addressed, I imagine you can easily gain a few seconds with a bit of new equipment and training, not to speak of track position and avoiding traffic.

They could try to sign some pit stop guy from Ferrari or RB for a change :lol:

Edited by Jovanotti, 21 May 2013 - 08:17.

#129 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,357 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:03

This is part of the problem they have with doing the same amount of pitstops as others. The drivers are always bound to lose time, or lose positions against the opposition they are racing against directly, because of their slower pitstops.

#130 LoloSoso

LoloSoso

• 10 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:43

Monaco is coming soon ! come on !

#131 wrcva

wrcva

• 1,043 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:36

interesting interview with Graeme Hackland, Lotus F1 CIO

...“Strategy software will be critical next season due to changes in regulations, such as the use of 1.6 turbo engines. It won’t be so easy to look at the previous season’s data. We’re almost baselining at zero again."
...“We are in the middle of the English countryside and there is no industry around. In the past, getting communications was difficult. But we now a dedicated 10 Mbps link with high availability.”
...“We cannot do application updates until the Wednesday before the race. It would be much better if we could pull this back to earlier in the week.” Cloud computing could facilitate this. That said, he admits that everything trackside needs to run standalone, just in case the global communication link fails...

-- (link)

#132 swerved

swerved

• 3,689 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 13:37

"Most efficient at using limited funds" my a$$. Fixing their pit stops is the cheapest way to gain time, and they've made little progress since last year. They will absolutely not win the championship unless they up their game in all areas or end up with a dominant car, which they don't have right now.

:up: I'm not one to bash the team because they're doing a great job overall but surely any investment in pit stops would pay useful dividends, sometimes the stops even look painfully lethargic to the naked eye and a stopwatch isn't required to see the differential between Lotus and one of the top two, i'm amazed at some of the times they claim on twitter,come on Lotus, get on top of it!.

#133 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:38

It might be your a$$ actually. If it is so cheap and it is so obvious, why don't you provide your services to them and get some handsome payment? Non-sense. Last year they had lesser equipments than other top teams in the beginning of the season. They then upgraded them and improved the pit-stops from 4.x seconds to 3.x seconds. Other top teams have worked on their pit-stop technology for a long time and devised better equipments and processes from those times. Remember the McLaren pit-stop blunders last year, remember the Ferrari pit-light gaffe at Singapore 2008, those signify the kind of technology, time-trials and the resultant equipments and processes that result in their present 2.5-3 s pit-stops. You think it is a piece of cake. In my view, Lotus pit-stops would never be as fast as the top-3 spenders. They can get within 0.5 s of those, that's all. 3-3.5 s is what they can get to consistently. If you are going to post another dismissive reply, provide details on how Lotus could go about it, and how it would be the cheapest way to gain time, instead of just blowing hot air.

#134 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 15:12

4th biggest spender has 9th fastest pit stop. Sheesh. Should be very straightforward to improve, given that Sauber, FI, and others are doing it on a much lower budget. Sorry, they've had a year. No excuses any more. I said the same about Kimi's driving, but he is delivering this year so far.

#135 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 15:39

Indeed, there are no excuses. I can understand to be behind Ferrari or RBR. But behind Toro Rosso, Sauber and WILLIAMS? For mother of god. Even if we are doing 1 less stop, it is still 2sec losing just like that if it is 3 stop race. And 2sec might be 1 position cause for example he will lack 0.5sec at the end of the pit lane and stick for like a lap behind slower car

#136 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 15:49

Of course, there is no excuse to be the 9th fastest team on pit-stops. But that timing was just for one race and based on the fastest pit-stop times. Last year, after they upgrades their equipments they were generally 4th or 5th fastest team behind Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes. All these teams have worked on their pit-stop technology for years. That is the main point. If it turns out that in the past one year that Lotus has only been 6-8th fastest team overall, I would retract my support for the team on this area.

#137 swerved

swerved

• 3,689 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 16:37

Indeed, there are no excuses. I can understand to be behind Ferrari or RBR. But behind Toro Rosso, Sauber and WILLIAMS? For mother of god. Even if we are doing 1 less stop, it is still 2sec losing just like that if it is 3 stop race. And 2sec might be 1 position cause for example he will lack 0.5sec at the end of the pit lane and stick for like a lap behind slower car

There shouldn't be any excuses, for what should be a relatively simple task,but people will still make them.

Here are the times from 2012 after 11 races.

2012 Pit stops times by teams:

Team Crew Average Time Difference
1. Ferrari
2. Red Bull 3,88 s + 0,18 s
3. Force India 3,95 s + 0,25 s
4. Mercedes 4,04 s + 0,34 s
5. ToroRosso 4,41 s + 0,71 s
6. McLaren 4,42 s + 0,72 s
7. Williams 4,45 s + 0,75 s
8. Lotus 4,49 s + 0,79 s
9. Caterham 5,45 s + 1,75 s
10. Sauber 5,46 s + 1,76 s
11. Marussia 5,98 s + 2,28 s
12. HRT F1 6,98 s + 3,28 s

http://www.gptoday.c...so_far_in_2012/

Edited by swerved, 21 May 2013 - 16:39.

#138 ph7

ph7

• 24 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 21:22

I collected the pitstop time data from official f1 site.
Here are some stats, based on the complete pitstop times for all races (excluded drive-throughs and very long ones):

2012 Average pitstop times (20 races)
-------------------------------------------------------
1 Red Bull 22.339
2 Ferrari 22.356 +0.017
3 Mercedes 22.579 +0.24
4 Toro Rosso 22.592 +0.253
5 McLaren 22.595 +0.256
6 Force India 22.806 +0.467
7 Lotus 23.319 +0.98
8 Williams 23.914 +1.575
9 Sauber 24.138 +1.799
10 Marussia 24.743 +2.404
11 Caterham 24.744 +2.405
12 HRT 25.408 +3.069

2012 Average pitstop times (5 races, up to Spain)
1 Ferrari 22.017
2 Mercedes 22.366 +0.349
3 Force India 22.575 +0.558
4 Lotus 22.648 +0.631
5 Red Bull 22.677 +0.66
6 Torro Rosso 23.123 +1.106
7 Williams 23.566 +1.549
8 Sauber 23.626 +1.609
9 McLaren 23.73 +1.713
10 Caterham 25.156 +3.139
11 HRT 25.363 +3.346
12 Marussia 25.807 +3.79

2013 Average pitstop times (5 races, up to Spain)
1 Red Bull 20.937
2 Ferrari 20.984 +0.047
3 McLaren 21.075 +0.138
4 Mercedes 21.268 +0.331
5 Lotus 21.726 +0.789
6 Sauber 22.279 +1.342
7 Williams 22.978 +2.041
8 Force India 23.422 +2.485
9 Caterham 23.477 +2.54
10 Toro Rosso 23.755 +2.818
11 Marussia 23.947 +3.01

2013 Spain Average pitstop times
1 Red Bull 19.06
2 Ferrari 19.255 +0.195
3 McLaren 19.569 +0.509
4 Lotus 19.968 +0.908
5 Mercedes 20.015 +0.955
6 Force India 20.363 +1.303
7 Williams 20.783 +1.723
8 Caterham 21.304 +2.244
9 Sauber 21.654 +2.594
10 Toro Rosso 21.849 +2.789
11 Marussia 22.657 +3.597

In Spain, the best timing was slow, but in average the total timing was not that bad.
Torro Roso from 4th in 2012 has dropped to 10th in 2013!

EDIT: Added 2012 stats up to Spain

Edited by ph7, 22 May 2013 - 09:33.

#139 swerved

swerved

• 3,689 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 21:30

Here are some stats, based on the complete pitstop times for all races (excluded drive-throughs and very long ones):

2012 Average pitstop times (20 races)
1 Red Bull 22.339
2 Ferrari 22.356 +0.017
3 Mercedes 22.579 +0.24
4 Toro Rosso 22.592 +0.253
5 McLaren 22.595 +0.256
6 Force India 22.806 +0.467
7 Lotus 23.319 +0.98
8 Williams 23.914 +1.575
9 Sauber 24.138 +1.799
10 Marussia 24.743 +2.404
11 Caterham 24.744 +2.405
12 HRT 25.408 +3.069

2013 Average pitstop times (5 races)
1 Red Bull 20.937
2 Ferrari 20.984 +0.047
3 McLaren 21.075 +0.138
4 Mercedes 21.268 +0.331
5 Lotus 21.726 +0.789
6 Sauber 22.279 +1.342
7 Williams 22.978 +2.041
8 Force India 23.422 +2.485
9 Caterham 23.477 +2.54
10 Toro Rosso 23.755 +2.818
11 Marussia 23.947 +3.01

2013 Spain Average pitstop times
1 Red Bull 19.06
2 Ferrari 19.255 +0.195
3 McLaren 19.569 +0.509
4 Lotus 19.968 +0.908
5 Mercedes 20.015 +0.955
6 Force India 20.363 +1.303
7 Williams 20.783 +1.723
8 Caterham 21.304 +2.244
9 Sauber 21.654 +2.594
10 Toro Rosso 21.849 +2.789
11 Marussia 22.657 +3.597

In Spain, the best timing was slow, but in average the total timing was not that bad.
Torro Roso from 4th in 2012 has dropped to 10th in 2013!

:up: So the signs are that they're improving, which they need to do, there could be significant gains when every tenth counts, Thanks for the info :)

Advertisement

#140 TC3000

TC3000

• 1,065 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 22:00

nice work, to make it a bit more scientific, and if it is not too much work/trouble, you could run a direct comparison between the first 5 races in 2012 vs. 2013, and see if it changes the order (much).
The higher amount of data for 2012 will add a slight filtering effect.
If you make it a graphical representation (point cloud for example) you/we could gain some inside if the average was driven by some "outliners" and how close the teams operate to their own "mean" value. -this would be a measure of how consistent they are.
You can represent this in form of some statistical numbers as well, but I guess for most on here, a graphical representation (point cloud with fitted average/mean value) would be easier and simpler to understand.

just a idea, it's your time and effort - so you decide.
nice collection of data in any case, thanks for sharing.

for example FI at the moment has a high(ish) average due to their troubles (slow stops) in two races, this may smooths out over the year, if they have no more issues from now onwards, this was the point I was trying to make about the "filtering" effect in the 2012 data, because you have a broader base of data to calculate your average from.

#141 ph7

ph7

• 24 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:37

nice work, to make it a bit more scientific, and if it is not too much work/trouble, you could run a direct comparison between the first 5 races in 2012 vs. 2013, and see if it changes the order (much).

Edited the post above, to include these. Apparently the form was better in the begining of 2012, then it went south :|

The higher amount of data for 2012 will add a slight filtering effect.
If you make it a graphical representation (point cloud for example) you/we could gain some inside if the average was driven by some "outliners" and how close the teams operate to their own "mean" value. -this would be a measure of how consistent they are.
You can represent this in form of some statistical numbers as well, but I guess for most on here, a graphical representation (point cloud with fitted average/mean value) would be easier and simpler to understand.

just a idea, it's your time and effort - so you decide.
nice collection of data in any case, thanks for sharing.

for example FI at the moment has a high(ish) average due to their troubles (slow stops) in two races, this may smooths out over the year, if they have no more issues from now onwards, this was the point I was trying to make about the "filtering" effect in the 2012 data, because you have a broader base of data to calculate your average from.

Yeah, I see your point, I definetely want to do something better with these data. For the moment they are in a postgres table waiting for more queries!

#142 OSX

OSX

• 4,262 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:50

Raikkonen Admits Two Options for 2014 Seat
22 May 2013

Posted Image

Kimi Raikkonen has admitted he is weighing up two offers to remain in formula one beyond 2013. The Enstone based team clearly wants to retain the 33-year-old former world champion, who has thrived under Lotus' laid-back regime. But team owner Gerard Lopez admitted to PA Sport news agency this week: "If he could find a better car somewhere else, and he had an option to go there, then I'm sure he would consider it."

Raikkonen's other option could be Red Bull, who are not yet committing to Mark Webber beyond the veteran Australian's 2013 deal.

When asked how many options he has for 2014, former Ferrari and McLaren driver Raikkonen told Italy's Autosprint:

"It depends. I would say that I have two, but in F1 you never know exactly. I've been here (in F1) long enough to know that the only thing that matters is finding the right situation for yourself," he answered, when asked how he will come to his final decision.

Steve Robertson, Raikkonen's long-time manager, said it is obvious the cool Finn - nicknamed 'the iceman' - is the hottest property on the driver market at present.

"Kimi has done a brilliant job with Lotus so it's no secret that, at the moment, he is the hottest driver available for next year," he told Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat.

"You know what a good job a driver is doing when a team (Lotus) starts talking so early about next year," added Robertson.

"I am not saying if there are more teams interested (in Raikkonen) but, for sure, a driver as competitive as Kimi is right now is always very much in the attention of all the top teams," he said.

Full Article: Grandprix.com/ns/ns25463.html

#143 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 15:57

Dayum. Lotus better up their game.

#144 OSX

OSX

• 4,262 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 16:16

Raikkonen: No Hurry to Sort 2014 Formula 1 Deal
22 May 2013

Posted Image

Kimi Raikkonen says he is not at all surprised that his Formula 1 future is the subject of fervent speculation, but that will not make him hurry his decision over whether to stay at Lotus or move elsewhere.

Raikkonen has already been linked to the Red Bull seat currently occupied by Mark Webber.

"There are not many top, top drivers that have no contract [for 2014]," said Raikkonen.

"I am probably the only one of those and there are some contracts that will end next year. I don't have a contract, so it is normal [speculation] happens."

Full Article: Autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107573

#145 Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94

• 534 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 16:22

Very interesting to see what kind of strategy Lotus will use Sunday. One stop should be possible for Lotus here right? Just an early pitstop in order to try and give them some free air?

#146 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 16:26

Very interesting to see what kind of strategy Lotus will use Sunday. One stop should be possible for Lotus here right? Just an early pitstop in order to try and give them some free air?

actually I wouldnt pit so fast. SC is rather sure this year. If there will be SC after 1st pit stop, then lotus shouldnt go in when SC comes on the track (everyone else will pit probably). and lead then the track 1-2 and hope that their tyres are fit enough to finish race

#147 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 2,980 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 17:13

Another wet Saturday and Lotus is f*****...

#148 Callisto

Callisto

• 2,703 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 17:18

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player
?

#149 Anja

Anja

• 548 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 17:30

As one of the comments says:

I guess... A commemorative livery for the next GP of Monaco, celebrating the release of the new album of Daft Punk.. Columbia Records is one of the main sponsors of the team

As both Lotus and Daft Punk fan, I'm delighted.

#150 JRodrigues

JRodrigues

• 315 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 17:36

As one of the comments says:

As both Lotus and Daft Punk fan, I'm delighted.

Awesome :cool: :cool: :cool: