Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Pirelli let teams rebuild their cars from scratch

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Pirelli let teams rebuild their cars from scratch (86 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think about the decision over new tyres?

1. It was a must to implement big changes (21 votes [14.00%])

Percentage of vote: 14.00%

2. Pirelli yielded under the pressure from Red Bull (53 votes [35.33%])

Percentage of vote: 35.33%

3. Ferrari and Lotus will lose on ground and from their incredible tyre-management (50 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. Vettel will resurrect and dominate again (26 votes [17.33%])

Percentage of vote: 17.33%

Vote

#1 Forma1

Forma1

• 351 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 17:54

You can choose more than one options. As you can unfold, there are two groups inside the options, one concentrate whether it was needed to impelement modification or not, the other group focuses which changed we can face in terms of pecking order.

* ps.: I contacted Lotus yesterday what they are up to do. I got a reply from them, I copy one of the sentences: "Decisions on tyres are not ours to make unfortunately; we'll just have to wait and see what happens..."

Advertisement

#2 Infinityl

Infinityl

• 180 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 18:11

You can choose more than one options. As you can unfold, there are two groups inside the options, one concentrate whether it was needed to impelement modification or not, the other group focuses which changed we can face in terms of pecking order.

* ps.: I contacted Lotus yesterday what they are up to do. I got a reply from them, I copy one of the sentences: "Decisions on tyres are not ours to make unfortunately; we'll just have to wait and see what happens..."

Pirelli yielded under the pressure from Red Bull

and

Vettel will resurrect and dominate again as expected.

Not a must because some teams have done a good work and are able to race with this tyres. Didnt was a must in 2011 when Red Bull understood tyres and won everything, every race and others were in big troubles with tyres.

What have changed?

Paul Hembery:

"It is a bit bizarre - unless you all want us to give tyres to Red Bull to help them win the championship, which appears to be the case.

"I think it is pretty clear. There is one team who will benefit from a change and that is them."

#3 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 18:58

This a bizzare poll is skewed up to make a RBR a scapegoat for Pirelli's fiasco?

Edited by Sakae, 15 May 2013 - 19:00.

#4 JimiKart

JimiKart

• 457 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 19:26

This a bizzare poll is skewed up to make a RBR a scapegoat for Pirelli's fiasco?

Is it your full time job to find threads with even a molecule of negativity directed at RB and then just post defenses ad nauseum... wait no need to answer that.

Did it ever occur to you that there is a possibility that all of DM and helmets and goldenboy's crying has something to do with the Pirelli decision?

#5 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 22:37

Democracy can tear you a new one sometimes. :lol:

#6 rasul

rasul

• 1,952 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 23:43

This poll really doesn't seem fair at all and its agenda is very clear as the options are very far from being objective and clearly intended to cast the tyre changes in negative light. And I find Vettel "resurrecting" quite amusing as he is the championship leader and isn't exactly doing badly. McLaren or even Merc would be far more appropriate.

#7 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 6,513 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:04

RBR have been known to bleet. Invariable goats.

Edited by ViMaMo, 16 May 2013 - 01:05.

#8 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:35

Is it your full time job to find threads with even a molecule of negativity directed at RB and then just post defenses ad nauseum... wait no need to answer that.

Did it ever occur to you that there is a possibility that all of DM and helmets and goldenboy's crying has something to do with the Pirelli decision?

Sakae is 100% correct. "Vettel resurecting" from 1st place to....what exactly?" is clearly a problem poll entry, and as pointed out by others - completely biased.

Lots of teams were complaining, including Ferrari, Merc, Macca, Sauber and more earlier on. So it wasn't just RBR, yet that is how that election on the poll is worded. So again, biased nonsense. That Pirelli quote was the epitome of pent up anger from Hembrey in my opinion - that is why his new line today is "Red Bull didn't influence our decision at all" - (Source: story on front page here and at PF1.)

Sakae's view is absolutely legitimate.

Red Bull has won 2 of 5 races, so it isn't like they are screaming from the pits of angst over their position in the world of F1. They want to race - to show the guts and beauty of the RB9, so of course they advocate their position to get tyres instead of potato spuds outta Pirelli. Those other teams are doing the same - albeit, Ferrari had a sweet win, just as Lotus and Red Bull have - and even Merc was shining in the past so far. Only Macca is able to join the angry team mob after every race so far.

Pirelli clearly had to do something for the teams - but also for the fans. For me personally, I can take whatever F1 doles out for a season. But a majority of fans - and not just the outspoken ones on forums - were largely unamused by the tyre exhibition that has replaced F1 so far this season. Just because varying cars are affected to varying degrees does not mean that everyone isn't crying the blues at some point - because they are. Well except Lotus - they haven't cried too much. :D

Edited by bourbon, 16 May 2013 - 06:28.

#9 packapoo

packapoo

• 731 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:37

:up: :up:

#10 keeppari

keeppari

• 356 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:06

I just love it if RBR are able to bitch and moan their way back to the top and spoil Alonso's championship bid once again. :lol:

#11 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 14:07

I disagree with all the options given. How does my vote get accounted?;)

I won't say Pirelli yielded to the pressure of Red Bull. Red Bull is no Ferrari and even Ferrari would find it difficult these days.

In Pirelli's view these changes are made 1) from safety point of view, 2)they themselves do not want 4-stop races and 3)on direction from FIA and FOM. So, I would say this was a decision taken with general and Pirelli's own interests of the game.

I don't think Vettel would dominate. Red Bull still won't get 2012 tyres. The damage won't be too big on Ferrari and Lotus either. I expect both these teams to retain the advantages. If tyres become more durable, Lotus would be pulling out 1-stoppers from 2-stoppers.

Edited by SpaMaster, 16 May 2013 - 14:36.

#12 nectar

nectar

• 97 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 14:18

I disagree with all the options given. How does my vote get accounted?

I won't say Pirelli yielded to the pressure of Red Bull. Red Bull is no Ferrari and even Ferrari would find it difficult these days.

In Pirelli's view these changes are made 1) from safety point of view, 2)they themselves do not want 4-stop races and 3)on direction from FIA and FOM. So, I would say this was a decision taken with general and Pirelli's own interests of the game.

I don't think Vettel would dominate. Red Bull still won't get 2012 tyres. The damage won't be too big on Ferrari and Lotus either. I expect both these teams to retain the advantages. If tyres become more durable, Lotus would be pulling out 1-stoppers from 2-stoppers.

Sarcasm, right?

#13 TheWilliamzer

TheWilliamzer

• 1,205 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 14:20

I don't know if I have to wear my tin foil hat for this thread or not.

#14 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 14:37

Sarcasm, right?

Why ask?

#15 KTF1

KTF1

• 120 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 14:45

:up:

#16 nectar

nectar

• 97 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 14:50

Why ask?

I don't mean to be rude, but I couldn't determine your intention. I ask because it made me laugh a lot.
Never mind if not :) One thing I agree it's in Pirelli's own interest.

#17 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 14:54

This thread highlights the problem with polls generally. The options often do not represent choices between two different variables, but further points of view which one must either support or abstain from. There is no reall 'against' option here.

I could delete the poll, but then it's just another 'I hate Pirelli' discussions so instead it has been closed.