Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Which WDC on the grid has the strongest team mate?

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

Poll: Which WDC on the grid has the strongest team mate? (431 member(s) have cast votes)

Which WDC on the grid has the strongest team mate?

1. Sebastian Vettel (56 votes [13.05%])

Percentage of vote: 13.05%

2. Fernando Alonso (24 votes [5.59%])

Percentage of vote: 5.59%

3. Jenson Button (5 votes [1.17%])

Percentage of vote: 1.17%

4. Kimi Raikkonen (14 votes [3.26%])

Percentage of vote: 3.26%

5. Lewis Hamilton (330 votes [76.92%])

Percentage of vote: 76.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:30

Base it on whatever you like, general discussion of which world champion has the hardest/fastest/strongest team mate.

For me after the 3rd pole in a row in terms of raw speed it has to be Nico, who becomes the first team mate of Lewis to out qualify him 3 races in a row.

Edited by jrg19, 25 May 2013 - 13:32.

Advertisement

#2 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:31

Kimi, obviously.

#3 ZooL

ZooL

• 2,063 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:33

If I was in Hamilton's shoes, I know I'd be so filled with envy when I look at the 'arrangements' that Vettel and Alonso benefit from.

They guy doesn't get a break with the standard of teamates like the rest.

#4 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 5,848 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:35

what's that a desperate maneuver to establish the right view on Hamilton's reputation? He losing out three times in a row let's start a thread to praise Rosberg..of course he has the best team mate recently. but I see the intention behind this thread

#5 Opaque

Opaque

• 44 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:36

Kimi but Romain isn't getting the same support as Massa, Rosberg, Perez and even Webber.

#6 Taxi

Taxi

• 4,787 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:36

If I was in Hamilton's shoes, I know I'd be so filled with envy when I look at the 'arrangements' that Vettel and Alonso benefit from.

They guy doesn't get a break with the standard of teamates like the rest.

That will make him stronger. Respect.

Also Kimi's team mate might not be the best one but they let them race each other.

#7 joshb

joshb

• 3,387 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:37

Vettel beats Webber- "Webber is past it, never any good" that sort of line
Hamilton gets outqualified by Nico 3 times running "Nico's the man, always been underrated" them sort of lines

But to be honest right now, on current form, Hamilton's got it toughest

#8 bub

bub

• 2,722 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:41

I'd say Hamilton but it's very, very close between all of them except Button. On their day Webber, Massa, Grosjean and Rosberg are top class but I think Rosberg is more consistent than the others.

#9 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:42

It looks like a suggestive poll to prop Hamilton.

#10 Lights

Lights

• 17,874 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:43

Who scored pole 40 minutes ago?

Might just slightly affect this poll.

#11 Lelouch

Lelouch

• 610 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:44

It would have been nice to have such polls in 2012 or 2011 too in order to compare. Most people didn't even pay attention to Rosberg when Schumacher was his teammate but well better late than never (I voted "Hamilton" obviously)...

#12 fatd

fatd

• 800 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:45

I'd say Hamilton but it's very, very close between all of them except Button. On their day Webber, Massa, Grosjean and Rosberg are top class but I think Rosberg is more consistent than the others.

Yeah agree with this. Rosberg can hang around and bring his A-game more consistently than the other teammates.

#13 Topsu

Topsu

• 3,003 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:46

It would have been nice to have such polls in 2012 or 2011 too in order to compare. Most people didn't even pay attention to Rosberg when Schumacher was his teammate but well better late than never (I voted "Hamilton" obviously)...

Mid-2012 Shcumi wouldn't be far off Lewis' pace, would he?

#14 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:46

Kimi but Romain isn't getting the same support as Massa, Rosberg, Perez and even Webber.

Oh lord.

Anyways, um....is this thread a way for Lewis fans to reassure themselves?

#15 Opaque

Opaque

• 44 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:47

Also Kimi's team mate might not be the best one but they let them race each other.

In what universe? Romain hasn't been given the same updates/setup as Kimi. In Monaco (driver's track) Romain has driven around the problems related to the equipment available to him and consistently outpaced Kimi.

#16 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:52

Oh lord.

Not at all, I'm actually surprised by the way the poll is skyrocketing in Lewis' favour.

#17 Lelouch

Lelouch

• 610 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:52

Mid-2012 Shcumi wouldn't be far off Lewis' pace, would he?

A positive answer to that would be more my hope rather than anything else, so I can only answer that I don't know.

#18 Pothead4Philosopher

Pothead4Philosopher

• 542 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:54

Oh lord.

Aye mate. It looks exactly like that. Not voting on this one.

#19 krobinson

krobinson

• 610 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:55

Rosberg
Massa
Grosjean (Very fast, but too errorprone)
Webber and Perez are around equal.

Advertisement

#20 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:55

Not at all, I'm actually surprised by the way the poll is skyrocketing in Lewis' favour.

You shouldn't be considering qualifying just finished like 30 minutes ago.

#21 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,553 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:56

Why do I get the feeling somebody's desperately looking for a silver lining? :D

#22 fatd

fatd

• 800 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:56

I'm surprised that you're surprised.

#23 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,553 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:57

Sure  ;)

#24 rasul

rasul

• 1,952 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:58

Oh lord.

Pretty much.

Lewis doesn't need it. He can prove himself on the track.

#25 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:59

In what universe? Romain hasn't been given the same updates/setup as Kimi. In Monaco (driver's track) Romain has driven around the problems related to the equipment available to him and consistently outpaced Kimi.

he had every single part that Kimi had. Oh wait maybe not, cause he destroyed 3 times something for ****'s sake.
You are such troll that it is insane.

Hamilton has strongest. Tbh, I believe that atm Rosberg is better than Hamilton O.o. Hamilton is overrated or Rosberg is underrated, I wonder which one is more true

#26 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

I thought both Sebastian and Fernando would have had a share of the votes, maybe thats just me giving them to much respect.

#27 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Because they have all fallen for it. If it were three races back, people would have voted for Vettel. I don't think we have enough time and sample number to conclude anything about this this year.

I don't think Hamilton has been the best WDC driver this year, not even close. Teammate is not an excuse for the performance.

Edited by SpaMaster, 25 May 2013 - 14:01.

#28 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:02

Kimi, obviously.

:lol: Good joke.

I'd rate it

1. Rosberg (Lewis)
2. Webber (Vettel)
3. Perez (Button)... may move up to 2nd over the year
4. Massa (Alonso)
5. Grosjean (Kimi)

Edited by Jimisgod, 25 May 2013 - 14:03.

#29 garoidb

garoidb

• 8,395 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:06

Felipe Massa is the one who has come closest to being a WDC himself, followed by Mark Webber.

#30 bub

bub

• 2,722 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:21

Why do I get the feeling somebody's desperately looking for a silver lining? :D

The timing of the Poll makes that very obvious but if it wasn't for that it would be an interesting topic imo.

Because they have all fallen for it. If it were three races back, people would have voted for Vettel. I don't think we have enough time and sample number to conclude anything about this this year.

I don't think Hamilton has been the best WDC driver this year, not even close. Teammate is not an excuse for the performance.

I'm not so sure about that seeing as Webber hasn't looked very competitive compared to Vettel in the last couple of years except on the odd occasion.

Felipe Massa is the one who has come closest to being a WDC himself, followed by Mark Webber.

And Rosberg beat a 7x WDC which shows current form/circumstances etc are important.

#31 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:28

Half a decade ago...

Vettel was still a crash kid on the verge of proving himself in Monza, Lewis was struggling his way to a first WDC without the consistency he has picked up in recent years, and Button was looking like a no hope driver who would exit F1 after one last ride in the shocking Honda.

The here and now, you'd be pretty silly to say Rosberg isn't the strongest of the non-champion teammates.

#32 Wander

Wander

• 2,367 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:33

Massa and Webber are equal. So are Perez and Grosjean. Rosberg better than the lot.

#33 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:35

Half a decade ago...

Vettel was still a crash kid on the verge of proving himself in Monza, Lewis was struggling his way to a first WDC without the consistency he has picked up in recent years, and Button was looking like a no hope driver who would exit F1 after one last ride in the shocking Honda.

The here and now, you'd be pretty silly to say Rosberg isn't the strongest of the non-champion teammates.

Vettel had a fantastic year in 08 altogether.

Lewis drove some of the best races in his career(and has always been quite consistent).

Button's issue was the 08 Honda, not necessarily him.

Things really haven't changed quite as much as you're making it seem.

#34 holiday

holiday

• 3,473 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:36

what's that a desperate maneuver to establish the right view on Hamilton's reputation? He losing out three times in a row let's start a thread to praise Rosberg..of course he has the best team mate recently. but I see the intention behind this thread

:up: I don't agree though with the landslide vote for Rosberg. I'd still go for Webber overall.

#35 holiday

holiday

• 3,473 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:40

And Rosberg beat a 7x WDC which shows current form/circumstances etc are important.

Exactly, and the important aspect you overlook was that MS was 43-year-old, older than any competitive f1 driver since the days of Brabham (that was in the 1960s...).

LH just so matching in terms of qualifying speed a driver who was completely matched by a 43-year-old driver last season...mind you, a world beater looks way different to me.

#36 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,766 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:41

Vettel or Hamilton.

#37 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:44

There is only one driver in F1 who has had strong team mates since entering F1. This is Lewis Hamilton.

#38 bub

bub

• 2,722 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:46

Exactly, and the important aspect you overlook was that MS was 43-year-old, older than any competitive f1 driver since the days of Brabham (that was in the 1960s...).

LH just so matching in terms of qualifying speed a driver who was completely matched by a 43-year-old driver last season...mind you, a world beater looks way different to me.

Didn't overlook anything. That was my entire point, current form/circumstances etc.

Edited by bub, 25 May 2013 - 14:47.

#39 fayah69

fayah69

• 48 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:47

How can it be Lewis when he's new to the team and not yet acclimated?? I would say webber for sure

Advertisement

#40 holiday

holiday

• 3,473 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:50

How can it be Lewis when he's new to the team and not yet acclimated??

Let us say he is half-new to the team. Mercedes is a known factor for him, obviously.

#41 Lazy

Lazy

• 6,713 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:51

There is only one driver in F1 who has had strong team mates since entering F1. This is Lewis Hamilton.

Really? Including Heikki?

#42 joshb

joshb

• 3,387 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:59

Well when you get put in a top team straight away you're bound to end up with top teammates

#43 Ravenak

Ravenak

• 939 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 15:02

I can't choose one, they're all dull.

#44 kenkip

kenkip

• 506 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 15:08

On current form?Or overall?
If on current form then Hamilton easily,Nico hasbeen briliant all year and maybe driving his best so far in his career.
Vettel killed Webber psycologicaly in Sepang and I dont think he is ever going to recover this season,I mean he was out qualifyed in a track he has made his own!
Lets not even start with Alonso,Massa can never be allowed to finish above him,company policy not Alonso's which in my opinion is good,atleast everyone knows there place there and its actualy one thing I admire about Ferrari.
Button has an inexperienced team mate who is fast so the jury is still out on that one.
Kimi is the hardest,RoGro is a bloody quick driver,no debate there at all,but his stupid mistakes and weak race craft flatters Kimi alot and if he would eliminate those then Kimi would not have it as easy as it seems like now.

#45 gillesthegenius

gillesthegenius

• 2,534 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 15:10

Base it on whatever you like, general discussion of which world champion has the hardest/fastest/strongest team mate.

For me after the 3rd pole in a row in terms of raw speed it has to be Nico, who becomes the first team mate of Lewis to out qualify him 3 races in a row.

Given that Mark Webber slaughtered Rosberg when they were team mates, I think your point is very debatable.

#46 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 15:23

Given that Mark Webber slaughtered Rosberg when they were team mates, I think your point is very debatable.

:rolleyes: Are we still going back to that rookie year comparison? Aside from a few great showings by Webber that were mostly ruined by car issues, they ended up fairly close even if Webber had a clear edge.

It's an amazing thought I know but maybe drivers can improve with experience?

Rosberg crashed a bit, but no more than Grosjean, and certain people on this board seem to believe that Grosjean has been beating Kimi (somehow).

#47 turssi

turssi

• 3,368 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 15:50

Well, Nico may be fast but is he hard or strong?? I think not!

Mark would smack that girly pilot right off his feet! KO in first round!

Next up Felipe! The guy is quick and has tremendous stamina, but alas he can't reach Mark glass jaw and loses by vote after twelve rounds!

So that leaves us a mad Freanchman in the form of Romain who crashes into Mark takes him down and bites on his broken foot! With tears in his eyes the Australian taps out! Romain gets my vote!

#48 turssi

turssi

• 3,368 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 16:14

Oh, Jenson called and reminded that he won the freakshow of 2009!

But sorry Sergio: you are too inexperienced for the octagon. Maybe in 2014 after one final year of Mexican show wrestling!

#49 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 16:26

How can it be Lewis when he's new to the team and not yet acclimated?? I would say webber for sure

Lewis was able to outqualify and outrace Rosberg in his first race with the team. I really think this is a lousy excuse. Since when has Lewis ever been the type that needs to 'warm up', so to speak?

#50 TheThirdTenor1

TheThirdTenor1

• 882 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 16:31

1. 7 vs 4 points is not really a "slaughtering"

2. It's hard to see how much relevance a season that happened 7 years ago has on rating how good the drivers are currently.