Photo
- - - - -

Rate the Monaco GP!

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate the Monaco GP! (320 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate the Monaco GP!

1. 1 (Worst rating) (71 votes [22.26%])

Percentage of vote: 22.26%

2. 2 (27 votes [8.46%])

Percentage of vote: 8.46%

3. 3 (38 votes [11.91%])

Percentage of vote: 11.91%

4. 4 (27 votes [8.46%])

Percentage of vote: 8.46%

5. 5 (29 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

6. 6 (34 votes [10.66%])

Percentage of vote: 10.66%

7. 7 (44 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

8. 8 (28 votes [8.78%])

Percentage of vote: 8.78%

9. 9 (7 votes [2.19%])

Percentage of vote: 2.19%

10. 10 (14 votes [4.39%])

Percentage of vote: 4.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Snic

Snic

• 571 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:25

Please rate the race objectively and not on your favourite drivers result :)

Best Driver
Worst Driver
Best Team
Best Overtake
Best Moment
DRS + Tyres
And the race in a sentence...

Advertisement

#2 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 8,750 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:30

I was wrong to give Barcelona a 1. This was worse. No pushing whatsoever. Only the GP2 clowns provided some action.

But again this is not racing.

#3 PretentiousBread

PretentiousBread

• 2,906 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:33

Another joke tyre saving exercise, as is nearly every race in the Pirelli era.

#4 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 5,630 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:33

I gave it 3/10 The race was shocking until the 2nd SC. The entertainment came from crazy GP2 driver moments. Hence my 3 rating otherwise it would been another 1 for the 2nd race running.

Edited by Massa_f1, 26 May 2013 - 14:34.

#5 Alx09

Alx09

• 1,283 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:34

It was a clear 1-star until the safetycar.

Seeing Vettel push down the throttle on final laps and go like 3 seconds faster than usual is sad. They are cruising, and it's a disgrace just see them drive around like that. I give it no rating at all.

Edited by Alx09, 26 May 2013 - 14:34.

#6 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

I was wrong to give Barcelona a 1. This was worse. No pushing whatsoever. Only the GP2 clowns provided some action.

But again this is not racing.

:rolleyes: Go and watch Hungary 2004 then.

I thought it was better than an average Monaco race. Crashes, a few overtakes, it was pretty good.

9/10

#7 michaelmyers

michaelmyers

• 65 posts

I can't decide between Perez and Grosjean for worst driver.

#8 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:35

Best overtake: From what we have seen on TV: Sutil on Alonso but Raikkonen had plenty. Probably one of RAikkonen's but we didnt see any cause TV director is a ****in ****** and he is showing all the time top 4 cruising, never any overtake. Pathetic

#9 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 33,682 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:36

It was really hard to watch.

#10 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:37

Everything a dry Monaco GP could have, except McLaren winning. So I gave it a 9.

#11 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Best Driver: Rosberg, Sutil
Worst Driver: Grosjean, Maldonado... Perez was at least making overtakes, the other two were just slow
Best Team: Mercedes
Best Overtake: Perez on Button
Best Moment: Sutil and Perez had some good passes, until Perez and Kimi disagreed.
DRS + Tyres: Didn't feature.
And the race in a sentence... Interesting, but won't ever please the whiners.

#12 PretentiousBread

PretentiousBread

• 2,906 posts

I thought it was better than an average Monaco race. Crashes, a few overtakes, it was pretty good.

9/10

Crashes and the odd overtake is more important than the fact that they for the most part weren't even racing? Disturbing that this is such a widespread view.

#13 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:38

Everything a dry Monaco GP could have, except McLaren winning. So I gave it a 9.

#14 Thermal

Thermal

• 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:38

Best Driver: Rosberg
Worst Driver: Perez
Best Team: Mercedes
Best Moment: Perez out
DRS + Tyres: useless

Worst race in years, worst than spain.

#15 TheManAlive

TheManAlive

• 2,800 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:39

Another joke tyre saving exercise, as is nearly every race in the Pirelli era.

QFT

#16 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Best Driver: Rosberg. You can't fault him for doing his best to win the race and making use of the limitations the track imposes on his pursuers.
Worst Driver: Perez, what a clown. Forcing people into a 'crash of let me pass' scenario is already poor form, but it's even worse if you're incapable of pulling it off correctly. His peculiar aggressive behaviour towards Button should worry the McLaren team.
Best Team: Red Bull, two people on the podium is a great result.
Best Overtake: Sutil on Button.
Best Moment: Sutil doing some proper, clean and opportunistic overtaking at the hairpin.
DRS + Tyres: DRS was useless, so that's good. The giant traffic jam points to the tyres being probably just as bad as in previous races, but the track allowed for no overtaking at all.
And the race in a sentence: Hopefully, but probably not, the last F1 race ever held on the streets of Monaco.

#17 Topsu

Topsu

• 3,019 posts

Slow, slow, slow, slow. It was a joke with Mercs deciding the pace. JOKE!

#18 natureboy

natureboy

• 76 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:40

Worst race so far and only Hungary or Singapore have a shot at taking that title.

1/10.

Looking forward to a proper racing track.

#19 fatd

fatd

• 800 posts

It does keep me watching, action-packed, but at the same time it was like watching amateur hour. Too clumsy racing to my liking..
Shows you who are the men and who are the boys.
3/10

Advertisement

#20 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Crashes and the odd overtake is more important than the fact that they for the most part weren't even racing? Disturbing that this is such a widespread view.

So what hallucination did you have once where cars were able to 'race' and pass regularly at Monaco.

It's ****ing Monaco. And there were more passes than usual.

#21 Muppetmad

Muppetmad

• 11,283 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:42

This was a hell of a lot better than Barcelona in my eyes. In fact, I thought it was quite an interesting race. Tyre saving was there for sure, but there were actually overtakes here which proved that simply holding back wasn't necessarily a recipe for success (although it did prove to be that way for a few).

#22 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 8,750 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:42

9/10

You've read something in the forum and now you are repeating it like a parrot (hungary). I've watched and rewatched it. Still has nothing tho do with Monaco 2013 being a shitty race. And last year we saw the same overtakes like this year. Except now we had more amateur moments.

Edited by Diablobb81, 26 May 2013 - 14:43.

#23 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:43

8. Quite good for Monaco standards. It was on the way to a 2-3 race before the first stop, then it got intense. That´s from a entertainment POV, the wheel to wheel was amateur. Chilton, Romain, Massa, Perez... they were outrageously poor. Some of them all weekend long.

#24 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:44

Five (5).

#25 greenman

greenman

• 1,565 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:44

Note that (like last year) the tyre saving was down to this track being impossible to overtake on. So to compare the tyre situation with Spain is a bit silly, though the effect was the same - drivers driving around trying to make the tyres last. Still I found this a better watch than Spain.
Best driver: hard to say, Rosberg, Sutil. Kudos to Perez for trying and passing people, but he ruined it by outbreaking himself and taking both him and Kimi out of contention.
Worst driver: Grosjean I guess
Best moments: the passes
Best pass: Sutil in Loews (both of them).
DRS - useless around Monaco; Tyres - well... the way to avoid this situation is to make them super durable - otherwise you're always gonna see tyre conserving around Monaco. So I don't really blame Pirelli here, though it wasn't exactly nice.

#26 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:46

You've read something in the forum and now you are repeating it like a parrot (hungary). I've watched and rewatched it. Still has nothing tho do with Monaco 2013 being a shitty race. And last year we saw the same overtakes like this year. Except now we had more amateur moments.

Why? Because you people are constantly repeating the same moan about Pirelli ruining the sport. That was what the 'pushing' era looked like. Monaco 2004 was no different to today, lots of crashes and probably fewer passes.

Tyres weren't even really a factor today because everyone conserved, keeping them in a close train. And thus there was passing. There is like half a passing spot on this track, you take what you get.

Edited by Jimisgod, 26 May 2013 - 14:46.

#27 ChiltonsCats

ChiltonsCats

• 129 posts

Best Driver = Nico Rosberg, perfect weekend from him, gained a huge amount of respect for him as a result.
Worst Driver = Romain Grosjean, why the **** is this crash happy moron still in a F1 car? could have seriously hurt Ricciardo today, awful driver.
Best Team = Mercedes, would have been 1-2 if not for bad luck with the safety car.
Best Overtake = Button's cheeky move on Alonso at the end of the lap, great stuff
Best Moment = Hamilton and Webbers dual over 3rd when they went alongside each other
DRS + Tyres = DRS was pointless here, Tyres were negated by the red flag and lack of overtaking chances anyway...
And the race in a sentence...Nico Rosberg wins after perfect weekend as there are overtakes and incidents aplenty in Monaco

overall race rating - 8/10, best so far this season imo, first time we have seen some genuine racing.

#28 sesku

sesku

• 289 posts

the only reason people vote this race high was because of the crashes.

#29 charly0418

charly0418

• 3,289 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:48

Best Driver - Sutil
Worst Driver - Grosjean, just the whole weekend
Best Team - Red Bull
Best Overtake - Perez on Button
Best Moment - Perez drama, he made the race entertaining
DRS + Tyres - not an issue with the SCs today
And the race in a sentence... - Keep it clean

#30 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,553 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:49

Mercedes' Board of Directors still not quite happy with investment, requesting permission to use lighter car next race to ensure 1-2. For safety etc.

#31 TheF1BOB

TheF1BOB

• 441 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:52

By FAR the worse race I've seen this year.

#32 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,521 posts

I like to see qualifying in Monaco, bur races are usually very boring. This one was too confusing and fragmented. I did not like the race.

Best driver, Rosberg, but Sutil deserves a mention
Best team, Mercedes
Best moment: perhaps Raikkonen's recuperation at the end? Or Sutil's passings?
DRS: Whanr DRS is impossible to use we get this kind of racing.

Monaco has a great history, but it is no longer possible to house a convincing F1 event in those narrow streets. Perhaps a race against the clock? (I mean, two drivers on the circuit at a time, separated by 30 seconds, for about 60 laps?)

#33 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 8,750 posts

Tyres weren't even really a factor today because everyone conserved, keeping them in a close train. And thus there was passing. There is like half a passing spot on this track, you take what you get.

We had some passes at every Monaco Gp. Today wasn't anything special, like you make it out to be. Last year we had even more relevant overtakes.

Edited by Diablobb81, 26 May 2013 - 14:53.

#34 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:54

We had some passes at every Monaco Gp. Today wasn't anything special, like you make it out to be. Last year we had even more relevant overtakes.

Today wasn't anything especially bad like you make it out to be, either.

#35 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:54

I'll usually rewatch a race before fully deciding what I thought about it, but I wont be doing that here.

4/10. Would not recommend.

I've seen worse and at least there was some legitimate action here and there, but overall a bit of a joke. Seemed like I was watching a GP2 race.

#36 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 8,750 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:55

Today wasn't anything especially bad like you make it out to be, either.

Except for the whole slow driving and Nico getting out of the car like he came from a beauty saloon and not a race.

#37 MinT

MinT

• 2,280 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:56

The overtakes and crashes made it entertaining but as Vettel showed - they were driving 4 -5 seconds slower than they could of - so 5/10, once again not really a "race"

#38 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:57

Except for the whole slow driving and Nico getting out of the car like he came from a beauty saloon and not a race.

You're judging the race based on the hair of the winner? Jenson was able to run the length of the pit lane in 2009 when we had refueling and 'push' tyres...

#39 SunnyENTP

SunnyENTP

• 717 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 14:57

By far better than Barcelona. Atleast people tried to overtake and did over take!

Advertisement

#40 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:07

Best Driver Nico Rosberg. Could give honour to Adrian Sutil and Paul di Resta
Worst Driver Jules Bianchi. Close nominees were Romain Grosjean, Felipe Massa
Best Team Red Bull. Seems like mercedes has found something since last GP, but it must not be 1000km tyre testing which is not allowed by rules...
Best Overtake hmm..Sutil on Alonso?
Best Moment It finally end
DRS + Tyres drs was useless, tyres were round and black
And the race in a sentence... Should demolish few buildings to get more wide tack :p

About ratings I gave 4/10

#41 joshb

joshb

• 3,387 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:09

Best Driver- Rosberg. In a different class all weekend
Worst Driver- Grosjean. What a muppet!
Best Team- Force India did well to get their cars up there. Mercedes too for having the package
Best Overtake- di Resta on Massa at Ste Devote
Best Moment- Alonso going backwards!
DRS + Tyres- DRS we knew was a lost cause. Tra k position is king so everyone was paranoid about tyres
And the race in a sentence... Chaotic, but Rosberg was a class apart

#42 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:11

Honestly, what do you guys expect from Monaco? Slipstream battles? Multiple tyre strategies? Outside overtaking? X moves?

#43 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:12

By far better than Barcelona. Atleast people tried to overtake and did over take!

Barcelona had overtaking, too.

"But it wasn't real overtaking!"

Yes, there was real overtaking, too.

#44 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Honestly, what do you guys expect from Monaco? Slipstream battles? Multiple tyre strategies? Outside overtaking? X moves?

But don't you remember the dozen passes every lap in the Bridgestone era? :rolleyes:

#45 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,220 posts

I don't have the slightest idea on what the majority are on about, with all the running around shouting outraged. This was a fun race. Not a great one but a fun one. 7/10 from me.

#46 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:13

No, which is why the races here suck.

#47 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:15

I actually liked it after the first Safety car when Alonso started hassling Kimi. Starting with that, there was plenty of interesting stuff for the rest of the race.

Driving standards were a little poor though.

#48 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,220 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:17

No, which is why the races here suck.

They tend to yeah, but this was above average for Monaco. Successful passes in Loews, loads of battles into the chicane, Di Resta passing on the outside into St Devote, even Hamilton having a cheeky little look at Webber at the penultimate corner. Then the spectacular shunts which let's face it, are fun as long as nobody gets hurt.

I like this modern racing with DRS and all, but a race a bit more clinical like this where passing is difficult (albeit possible if you really really try), was refreshing for 1 weekend.

#49 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:17

Must be the only one that found it entertaining.

Forget about the crashes and passes, the train forming from first stop onwards was in danger of position switching all the time. First stint wasn´t like that, but then I was watching really tense every single camera angle to spot someone covering or where an inminent move would happen. It got me really tense. There were loads of racing there.

#50 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,220 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:19

Must be the only one that found it entertaining.

Forget about the crashes and passes, the train forming from first stop onwards was in danger of position switching all the time. First stint wasn´t like that, but then I was watching really tense every single camera angle to spot someone covering or where an inminent move would happen. It got me really tense. There were loads of racing there.

Exactly, there were trains but you got the feeling something imminently would happen anywhere.