• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#1 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,553 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:35

Kimi interview on Perez in Monaco

German guy talking over it but you can hear him:

Q: He's done this before, is there something all you other drivers could do together to get him to stop?
Kimi: I don't know. Maybe hit him in the face.

In the face! This is pure gold! :lol:

Advertisement

#2 rko281

rko281

• 698 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:38

before anyone storms here and lectures about the fact the violence is never the answer, please note Kimi's grin at the end.

P.S. I would agree with Alo, Rai and Button giving him a wedgie or something ... or pinching Perez ears :lol:

#3 Pothead4Philosopher

Pothead4Philosopher

• 542 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:41

If those 9 points lost today will decide the WDC by the end of the season, then a punch in the face would be generous.

#4 Puhoon

Puhoon

• 241 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:41

Waiting for the t-shirts.

#5 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,553 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:42

I listened to it carefully and he says: 'It's.. I don't know. It's maybe better to hit him in the face and maybe he understands'

:rotfl:

Edited by Cool Beans, 26 May 2013 - 16:42.

#6 Lights

Lights

• 17,874 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:44

Do I seriously hear Perez complain about Kimi not leaving any room? :well:

#7 Pitlane

Pitlane

• 579 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:45

Adrian Sutil agrees. Punch him in the face.

Edited by Pitlane, 26 May 2013 - 16:45.

#8 fololo

fololo

• 960 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:48

Adrian Sutil agrees. Punch him in the face.

What u mean with that? Haha

#9 joshb

joshb

• 3,387 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:51

The sort of comment only Kimi can get away with saying from the public... had that been a Hamilton, Vettel (especially), Alonso I doubt the public reaction would be the same

#10 TheSaltire

TheSaltire

• 1,326 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:52

Video of Kimi's last two laps. What you didn't see on TV.

#11 Mc_Silver

Mc_Silver

• 5,339 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:54

What u mean with that? Haha

;)

#12 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:55

Awesome, thanks. Probably not really the right thread for it, though.  ;)

#13 rko281

rko281

• 698 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:55

yes, and this is the problem, he'll never understand and keep racing like this. Like Kimi said, he understands if someone is aggressive, but not stupid also.
I read some posts about blaming Kimi and I wonder is any of those posters watched F1 when there really was wheel to wheel racing before Kers and DRS.
(old school racing can still happen:just look at Schumacher and Kimi in Brazil last year...pure class...you can be very aggressive and still race without expecting everybody to yield).

P.S. I hope new great drivers arrive in F1 because after Alonso, Raikkonen, Hamilton, Vettel, Button and few more retire it's going to be an F1 full of Maldonados, Grosjeans, Perez...Seems that there is a speed and aggressiveness, but no race craft. :|

#14 spa2000overtake

spa2000overtake

• 171 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:58

Have to respect that he doesnt give up in even at hopeless situatution.

#15 Rentta

Rentta

• 393 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:59

Here is RTL article google translated

Kimi Raikkonen (Lotus / place 10): "He has tried it because it was much too fast and he would definitely have been able to meet me, when I will not be dodged Then he tried it again is to drive risky.. ok, but that is simply down stupid. and this is not the first time that he drives like that. I do not know if it does what, when you wish the riders with him and talk to him. Maybe you should give him even a slap - he understands it. "

http://www.rtl.de/cm...17-1516142.html

#16 FenderJaguar

FenderJaguar

• 1,567 posts

Great clip of the overtakes. Thank you!

#17 RaikkonenZn

RaikkonenZn

• 152 posts

If Kimi wants to punch him, can you imagine what Alonso wants to do with him! Exactly what Alonso was talking about when he spoke about racing with a champion like Kimi is just different!

When the previous generation of young guys came in they raced hard, had some tangles etc but never like these crashkids do nowadays - even as recent as when Hamilton came into F1 - the lad didn't behave they way some racers do today! They had a class and respect that some of these new boys like Perez, Grosjean and Maldonado need to learn! When somebody gets hurt really badly one of the days in one of these avoidable accidents, THEN(sadly) we'll see the FIA & the teams of these drivers do something about it!

#18 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 17:09

Perez really got the Iceman boiling today (no pun intended)

#19 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 17:13

When the previous generation of young guys came in they raced hard, had some tangles etc but never like these crashkids do nowadays - even as recent as when Hamilton came into F1 - the lad didn't behave they way some racers do today! They had a class and respect that some of these new boys like Perez, Grosjean and Maldonado need to learn! When somebody gets hurt really badly one of the days in one of these avoidable accidents, THEN(sadly) we'll see the FIA & the teams of these drivers do something about it!

I blame the sanitized tracks today.

Monaco punishes you, like it did Perez eventually. You do a dumb move, DNF.

Tilke tracks just have miles of run-off and they make up most of the calender. If they learned that doing a dangerous move would stick them in a wall, they would give room. Notice how Grosjean seems to constantly crash on tracks with consequences (Spa, Monaco), but gets away with it on car-parks like Bahrain.

Not that the older tracks stopped Schumacher doing dirty moves that often, though.

Advertisement

#20 selespeed

selespeed

• 1,193 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 17:15

;)

wow...what was bottas doing moving out of the way...pathetic.

#21 grunge

grunge

• 5,393 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 17:17

Thats 4 WDCs now that have a problem with this &**&^^&**

Raikkonen,Hamilton,Alonso and Button

#22 skywing

skywing

• 706 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 17:18

Thats 4 WDCs now that have a problem with this &**&^^&**

Raikkonen,Hamilton,Alonso and Button

I guess we know who he is going to hit next.

#23 sanW10

sanW10

• 134 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 17:27

yes, and this is the problem, he'll never understand and keep racing like this. Like Kimi said, he understands if someone is aggressive, but not stupid also.
I read some posts about blaming Kimi and I wonder is any of those posters watched F1 when there really was wheel to wheel racing before Kers and DRS.
(old school racing can still happen:just look at Schumacher and Kimi in Brazil last year...pure class...you can be very aggressive and still race without expecting everybody to yield).

P.S. I hope new great drivers arrive in F1 because after Alonso, Raikkonen, Hamilton, Vettel, Button and few more retire it's going to be an F1 full of Maldonados, Grosjeans, Perez...Seems that there is a speed and aggressiveness, but no race craft. :|

i think its because all of these crash kids have paid to drive or & are super rich, so no loss for them whether they make a career out of F1 or not.
just come in, make some money & fame, and go away, thats their strategy.

While on other hand, we got Drivers who are genuinely into F1 for the challenge & success, obviously once you win WDC you make lot of money.

crash kids dont have to worry about their future, they have enough money.

By the looks of it, F1 will become full of rich noobs crashing around in few years, 2014 engines costing 200% or so...

#24 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,677 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 17:27

He was told he was being lapped. The mistake is not his.

#25 Puhoon

Puhoon

• 241 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 17:31

The sort of comment only Kimi can get away with saying from the public... had that been a Hamilton, Vettel (especially), Alonso I doubt the public reaction would be the same

BS. Webber said something similiar about Grosjean in Japan last year.

#26 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 17:35

You could see that Perez was getting overly excited after putting a successful move on first Button and then Alonso, and after that first overly ambitious move and Kimi telling on the radio that Perez was trying to ruin his race, all I could think of was hoping to hear a radio call from Kimi to tell his team to tell McLaren that if Perez hit him he would personally hit him just as hard in his face after the race.

Guess great minds think alike? :D

Edited by F.M., 26 May 2013 - 17:37.

#27 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 17:50

Räikkönen should have not said this. I know he´s pissed and no doubt, but he´s been hit and rammed before and he´s not made a drama of it.

Last year this genius almost wipes him out entering the pitlane way after the line started. Dissapointed with this but I sort of understand it.

#28 rko281

rko281

• 698 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 17:55

Räikkönen should have not said this. I know he´s pissed and no doubt, but he´s been hit and rammed before and he´s not made a drama of it.

Last year this genius almost wipes him out entering the pitlane way after the line started. Dissapointed with this but I sort of understand it.

Look, Kimi understands that everyone makes mistakes. His problem with Perez is that this guy keeps doing the same crazy thing almost each race. And in this race he tried crazy moves time after time.

If HUlkenberg or DiResta or other would have done what Perez has done Kimi would have said that it was a mistake from the other guy and that's it.
He's being vocal about Perez because he and others have the SAME problem with him.

#29 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,677 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 18:00

I think the answer comes that way because of the question he's asked. I mean, Ebel tells him this is not the first time it has happened this year and then asks if they should not all go together to tell Pérez can't keep on doing like that. Räikkönen knows they have already done that, the issue was discussed in the drivers meeting two races ago and it, obviously, didn't work

#30 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 18:37

You could see that Perez was getting overly excited after putting a successful move on first Button and then Alonso, and after that first overly ambitious move and Kimi telling on the radio that Perez was trying to ruin his race, all I could think of was hoping to hear a radio call from Kimi to tell his team to tell McLaren that if Perez hit him he would personally hit him just as hard in his face after the race.

Guess great minds think alike? :D

That's the only good thing to come out of this sad incident. :p Kimi said exactly what I hoped he would say - this considering that he usually does not say personally disrespecting stuff about fellow drivers. They are reserved for rare instances (like the wooden eye comment for missing the red light). I think next time Perez is around one of the Lotus team members should go and stand in front of McLaren's pit or have someone in Mexico to keep a watch on Perez pet dog, kitten or something!

Edited by SpaMaster, 26 May 2013 - 18:41.

#31 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 18:40

I don't think he was serious, he looks to have a grin on his face when he said this.

#32 Snic

Snic

• 571 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 18:41

aaaand this is why Kimi doesn't talk to the press

#33 meddo

meddo

• 1,679 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 18:43

Maybe he should do a comment or two about his teammate.

#34 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 18:43

I think Perez has hit a nerve on Raikkonen. This could turn into a 2011 Massa vs. Hamilton love story.

#35 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 18:47

I don't think he was serious, he looks to have a grin on his face when he said this.

Don´t know, didn´t see the video. If he´s smiling and joking it´s no big deal, but if he was dead serious like Mark in Silverstone 09 quali then I don´t like it.

#36 Rikhart

Rikhart

• 626 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 18:47

Group beating and maybe he will stop acting like a stupid bully on track... If I was button I would have called him an idiot long ago, look what he does to his team mate race after race. This moron wants to forcibly prove himself by bullying others, but lacks the skill not to constantly hit others.

#37 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 18:50

Wow, Raikkonen has a big mouth. He's stupid to say what he did.

I know he's frustrated and not his fault, but really, you didn't see Alonso make a comment like this about Grosjean last year after Spa.

Edited by Kingshark, 26 May 2013 - 18:50.

#38 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 18:52

Wow, Raikkonen has a big mouth. He's stupid to say what he did.

I know he's frustrated and not his fault, but really, you didn't see Alonso make a comment like this about Grosjean last year after Spa.

Alonso is not the example I would want to present. Remember his sign to Petrov after you know which race?

#39 Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94

• 1,008 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 18:54

Niki Lauda fully agreed with Kimi :rotfl:

Advertisement

#40 drunkenmaster

drunkenmaster

• 325 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 18:55

What's gutting me is that those &%$§$ stewards even punished Alonso for "cutting the chicane", and ordered him to let Perez overtake then. So they even encourage that Kamikaze kid for his reckless driving. All Alonso did was to avoid a collision, he had no place to go anywhere.

And then Perez does the same with Raikkonen, and Raikkonen of course cuts also the chicane to avoid a collision. So why didn't they punish Raikkonen as well, it was exactly the same situation as with Alonso? Terrible, inconsistent judging of the stewards.

And for ruining Raikkonen's race then, he really should have gotten a drive through penalty, but nothing, they let him get away with everything. I'm really glad that he couldn't finish the race in the end, it's at least some compensating justice.

As for Raikkonen's "slap in the face" comment: Yeah, he's exactly right. Niki Lauda also wholeheartedly agreed with him... :lol:

Edited by drunkenmaster, 26 May 2013 - 18:58.

#41 OfficeLinebacker

OfficeLinebacker

• 14,088 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 18:57

Dude, Finland bros take care of each other.

#42 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,407 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 18:59

Don´t know, didn´t see the video. If he´s smiling and joking it´s no big deal, but if he was dead serious like Mark in Silverstone 09 quali then I don´t like it.

He did say it with a grin afterwards. He didn't actually look to mad, I ve seen Kimi much, much angrier in WRC.

But why cant drivers just say what they want to say, I would rather see drivers say what they mean then pussyfooting around. They asked Kimi a question, is he rather suppose to lie?

#43 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,677 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 19:00

He did say it with a grin afterwards. He didn't actually look to mad, I ve seen Kimi much, much angrier in WRC.

But why cant drivers just say what they want to say, I would rather see drivers say what they mean then pussyfooting around. They asked Kimi a question, is he rather suppose to lie?

That one was epic :lol:

#44 bub

bub

• 2,722 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 19:32

Thanks for that :up:

#45 mattferg

mattferg

• 847 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 19:41

Just lost a lot of respect for Kimi. Some older drivers just can't take the new guy schooling them.

#46 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 19:53

^ Just wait, Vettel is next on the WDC hit-list..

#47 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,129 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 19:55

You should. He didn't. It was a panic move by Kimi. He was nowhere near the racing line.

#48 Oho

Oho

• 11,808 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 19:58

Just lost a lot of respect for Kimi. Some older drivers just can't take the new guy schooling them.

No kidding, oh judging by your previous posts quite frankly loosing a lot of respect sounds impossible.

#49 JRodrigues

JRodrigues

• 1,804 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 19:59

You should. He didn't. It was a panic move by Kimi. He was nowhere near the racing line.

If Kimi was nowhere near.... I wonder where was 'The Idiot'?? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#50 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 20:05

Nowhere near the racing line? You mean roll out the carpet and bend over?