Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Kimi vs Perez Monaco incident [merged]

• Please log in to reply
807 replies to this topic

Poll: Raikkonen vs Perez - Monaco (441 member(s) have cast votes)

Who was to blame

1. Raikkonen (41 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

2. Perez (339 votes [77.57%])

Percentage of vote: 77.57%

3. Racing incident (57 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 xman

xman

• 771 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:35

Perez was really over aggressive and I think it was a really boneheaded move.

Link to the clip (not sure how long it will last):

Kimi said "I don't know anything else than the fact that he crashed into the rear of my car. He always assumes that when you drive too fast to the chicanes with your brakes locked, that everyone will yield. I can understand if you're aggressive, but if you're so dumb. It makes no sense. You don't even have any chance stopping on the corner, so it's the stupidest you can do, and he does it all the time".

Have to agree with Kimi.

Alonso also commented something similar that Perez finally got served or something..

Edited by xman, 26 May 2013 - 15:37.

Advertisement

#2 fololo

fololo

• 960 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:37

Kimi said "I don't know anything else than the fact that he crashed into the rear of my car. He always assumes that when you drive too fast to the chicanes with your brakes locked, that everyone will yield. I can understand if you're aggressive, but if you're so dumb. It makes no sense. You don't even have any chance stopping on the corner, so it's the stupidest you can do, and he does it all the time".

Have to agree with Kimi.

Alonso also commented something similar that Perez finally got served or something..

KIMI TO PEREZ: MAYBE WE SHOULD BEAT HIM UP SO THAT HE CAN LEARN

#3 Muppetmad

Muppetmad

• 2,377 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:38

He was way too far back. You can't make moves like that anywhere really, especially not at Monaco. This "submit-or-crash" attitude sadly will only work if the driver ahead knows you're there - and Raikkonen clearly wasn't expecting him to be there. Either way, it's not a clever strategy.

#4 dreamer

dreamer

• 511 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:39

Have to agree with Kimi.

Couldn't agree more...
Perez fault...

#5 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 9,727 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:39

Perez messed up big time. I wouldnt give a penalty, but put him on notice or something.

#6 KavB

KavB

• 1,050 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:41

The move was from too far back. Perhaps Kimi could have given more room but Perez had enough time to brake to avoid a collision but he kept going. Perez fault in my eyes.

#7 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,699 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:42

Perez did a big mistake (again) but no penalty will ever give the lost points back to Kimi.

#8 Zoe

Zoe

• 2,711 posts

Given Perez' track record this year, I think a penalty might be well justified.

Zoe

#9 jee

jee

• 704 posts

When there is somone driving like Perez behind one you can act like Alonso (more or less) and Button did and let him by and lose one position, or defend it like Kimi did with the chance of ending his race. If no one ever shuts the door Perez would never learn.

#10 SunnyENTP

SunnyENTP

• 717 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:43

Kimi turned in on Perez but i guess all the Kimi soldiers wont admit this.

#11 Lights

Lights

• 9,305 posts

It's hard to judge because Perez seems too far back. But Kimi does seem him coming and decides to close him off.

#12 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,469 posts

Have the stewards taken any interest in this? Also, could Sergio have continued and scored something if he could have made it to the pits? Was it just wing damage or did he have front suspension damage too?

#13 Lights

Lights

• 9,305 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:44

The move was from too far back. Perhaps Kimi could have given more room but Perez had enough time to brake to avoid a collision but he kept going. Perez fault in my eyes.

I don't think Perez was in that position anymore, the moment he braked that was it, can't brake extra. Which was his risk from the start.

#14 skywing

skywing

• 706 posts

Watch the video. Kimi doesn't change his line after he goes to the inside. At that point Perez isn't even close to alongside.

#15 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,699 posts

Sorry? Perez was many meters away, not even in a overtaking distance but decided to not brake at all and turned the car were there was no room.

#16 ruby soho

ruby soho

• 478 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:45

Perez was way too enthusiatic, you can't just dive into the inside from way too back expecting people to disappear or take the escape route. Perez deserves to end up in the wall, he should have been pushed to the harbour.

#17 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,699 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:45

I don't think Perez was in that position anymore, the moment he braked that was it, can't brake extra. Which was his risk from the start.

The problem is he braked wayway too late if at all, watch the onboard, he was no where near of Kimi to try overtaking him...yet he did

#18 sharo

sharo

• 1,767 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:46

A racing incident IMO. One was late to cover the gap, the other too eager to dive in.

#19 xman

xman

• 771 posts

If you actually look at the clip you can see that this is very optimistic and overly aggressive move since Kimi just keeps his normal racing line and there is absolutely no room for the pass. Perez just attacks the corner and hopes that Kimi will yield.

Advertisement

#20 Topsu

Topsu

• 724 posts

I'm pretty sure Kimi was going to take the inside line just like a normal corner, but out of nowhere Perez comes and dives between Kimi and the fence. Perez told in an interview that he expected Kimi to give him room and cut the chicane. Is that really good racing?

Edited by Topsu, 26 May 2013 - 15:47.

#21 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 1,255 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:47

Karma finally bit Perez in the ass, thats what you get for dive bombing.

#22 Lights

Lights

• 9,305 posts

The problem is he braked wayway too late if at all, watch the onboard, he was no where near of Kimi to try overtaking him...yet he did

Where did you see that? The footage in this thread doesn't really show the attack from the beginning, so that's hard to judge.

#23 Rikhart

Rikhart

• 576 posts

Perez rammed into raikkonen, end of story. deserves a penalty!

#24 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,699 posts

A racing incident IMO. One was late to cover the gap, the other too eager to dive in.

Late? Kimi started covering the gap early...the other just came from far distance, "oh I don't need to brake, he will let me pass"

#25 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,470 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:48

Perez didn't get a penalty for this, but Chilton did for the Maldonado accident. Consequences determine the offence.

#26 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,699 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:48

Where did you see that? The footage in this thread doesn't really show the attack from the beginning, so that's hard to judge.

Was showed right after the race in our tv, the attack was shown the start of the tunnel and perez was no where near of Kimi.

#27 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 1,332 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:49

I find it odd that Alonso had to yield the place to Perez when he had nowhere to go. But Perez banzai's past Button, Alonso and Kimi and it's all fine? He wrecked the points for Kimi. Usually you get penalized for robbing someone of points. Or cutting the chicanes to often for that matter.

#28 swerved

swerved

• 3,591 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:50

They just analyzed it on the Sky pad, and the unanimous opinion seems to be that Perez made a lunge that was to late and had no chance of succeeding, Perez'z fault, I agree with them.

#29 Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94

• 462 posts

Hopefully the item with Anthony Davidson comes online pretty soon, perfect explanation. His move on Button was great, Button left the door open as well. He just thought everyone would let him past. Crazy move and fortunately he retired, cause he deserves a penalty for something crazy.

#30 Pothead4Philosopher

Pothead4Philosopher

• 532 posts

As long as the stewards let this kind of behavior go unpunished, these youngsters will not learn. Checo messed up his own race -- and more importantly he is affecting the WDC battle.

I am gutted big time.

#31 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 2,475 posts

Everyone knew it was coming. Perez had one great move on Button, onne marginal move on Alonso, then two crap ones on Kimi.

Kimi didn't need to take that shit.

Then again a lot of Kimi fans look like idiots insulting Perez' skill. He clearly is fast and talented, just a bit dim.

#32 Risil

Risil

• 13,187 posts

Perez did a big mistake (again) but no penalty will ever give the lost points back to Kimi.

http://youtu.be/6uS5xPWfxPY

#33 Gyno

Gyno

• 79 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:51

Watch it again.
Perez front wheel was besides KR rear wheel when KR turned IN on Perez.
Perez didn't hit KR it was KR that hit Perez.

If anyone else had done what KR did then he would have been blamed.
KR just closed the door to late simple as that.

#34 bogi

bogi

• 2,973 posts

Suddenly Kimi thinks orange barrier is the apex, not other side of the chicane.

Posted Image

#35 muramasa

muramasa

• 2,936 posts

Perez move was fantastic on Button and ok on Alonso but too aggressive on Kimi. That's it.

btw Kimi turned in on Perez? Excuse me, Kimi was defending his position by cleverly positioning his car closer to center part of the track. 100% legit.

#36 ruby soho

ruby soho

• 478 posts

Perez was never going to make the corner, he would have just cut the chicane and then demand on the radio for Kimi to let him pass.

#37 Markko

Markko

• 58 posts

Kimi fault. Perez was where he was. Kimi just dove into him.

#38 Lights

Lights

• 9,305 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:53

Was showed right after the race in our tv, the attack was shown the start of the tunnel and perez was no where near of Kimi.

Ok, well note that he was also reasonably far behind Alonso and Button when he made those moves. But either way, he was still not besides Raikkonen at point of turn in so it's hard to not blame Perez in this.

#39 V3TT3L

V3TT3L

• 1,681 posts

Posted Image

Ricciardo Perez is disguise to avoid Kimi

McClaren ?

Advertisement

#40 Topsu

Topsu

• 724 posts

Suddenly Kimi thinks orange barrier is the apex, not other side of the chicane.

Posted Image

If anyone looks at this picture and can still blame Kimi from the crash... I don't know how stupid you could be.

#41 Sennasational

Sennasational

• 157 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:54

Everyone knew it was coming. Perez had one great move on Button, onne marginal move on Alonso, then two crap ones on Kimi.

Kimi didn't need to take that shit.

Then again a lot of Kimi fans look like idiots insulting Perez' skill. He clearly is fast and talented, just a bit dim.

Oh yes, because calling a man's skill into question makes you look like an idiot, but calling a man's intelligence into question makes you look like a hero.

He got it wrong at the swimming pool quite a lot, he cut it completely about 4 times.

Edited by Sennasational, 26 May 2013 - 15:58.

#42 Risil

Risil

• 13,187 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:54

Posted Image

Ricciardo Perez is disguise to avoid Kimi

Hmm, smart. I think he'll do well in F1.

#43 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,108 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:55

Posted Image

Posted Image

Perez came from way too far back, but Kimi also kinda moved over in the braking zone(before the turn-in point), causing the contact that happened.

But to be fair to Kimi, he was kind of in a bad situation with the precedent set earlier in the race that if Perez had gone on and only barely made the corner, making Kimi have to cut the corner, Kimi would have to concede the position. That was probably pretty frustrating and its hard to blame Kimi for trying to do something to prevent it, but it was admittedly too late at that point.

#44 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 1,255 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:55

If anyone looks at this picture and can still blame Kimi from the crash... I don't know how stupid you could be.

:up: :up:

#45 asmodeo

asmodeo

• 93 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:58

To me the principal question is, Why there isn't investigation when two cars crash?

#46 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 1,332 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:58

Perez was never going to make the corner, he would have just cut the chicane and then demand on the radio for Kimi to let him pass.

Why shouldn't he? It clearly worked before. The 'Whiting-Pass' shall be the name for it. There was absolutely no reason to give him the free pass on Alonso, he dives on the inside knowing the other guy needs to cut the chicane to avoid an accident. The German RTL was very vocal about it. They also thought it was stupid why Alonso should let Perez past.

#47 Jon83

Jon83

• 1,543 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:59

Perez is an idiot. So glad he isn't driving a Ferrari.

#48 Topsu

Topsu

• 724 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 15:59

Perez locked both tyres, what do you guys think would have happened it Kimi yielded?

#49 skywing

skywing

• 706 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:00

Why shouldn't he? It clearly worked before. The 'Whiting-Pass' shall be the name for it. There was absolutely no reason to give him the free pass on Alonso, he dives on the inside knowing the other guy needs to cut the chicane to avoid an accident. The German RTL was very vocal about it. They also thought it was stupid why Alonso should let Perez past.

Very good point.

#50 bogi

bogi

• 2,973 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 16:02

Posted Image

Just look where are the cars in front of Kimi, thats racing line. He just wanted to squeeze him into the barrier.