Photo
- - - - -

Webber in 2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

Poll: Webber in 2014 (122 member(s) have cast votes)

Where do you THINK Webber will go in 2014?

1. Red Bull (32 votes [26.23%])

Percentage of vote: 26.23%

2. Lotus (9 votes [7.38%])

Percentage of vote: 7.38%

3. Ferrari (4 votes [3.28%])

Percentage of vote: 3.28%

4. McLaren (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Force India (2 votes [1.64%])

Percentage of vote: 1.64%

6. another F1 team (3 votes [2.46%])

Percentage of vote: 2.46%

7. retirement from competitive racing (8 votes [6.56%])

Percentage of vote: 6.56%

8. WEC with Porsche (64 votes [52.46%])

Percentage of vote: 52.46%

Where would you LIKE Webber to go in 2014?

1. Red Bull (12 votes [9.84%])

Percentage of vote: 9.84%

2. Lotus (16 votes [13.11%])

Percentage of vote: 13.11%

3. Ferrari (23 votes [18.85%])

Percentage of vote: 18.85%

4. McLaren (4 votes [3.28%])

5. Force India (2 votes [1.64%])

Percentage of vote: 1.64%

6. another F1 team (4 votes [3.28%])

7. retirement from competitive racing (16 votes [13.11%])

Percentage of vote: 13.11%

8. WEC with Porsche (45 votes [36.89%])

Percentage of vote: 36.89%

Vote

#51 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 3,114 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 23:25

There is also possibility that Webber wants a change for sake of personal change. He is with this team quite a while, and maybe change of scenery might revitalize him. I can understand that. Most people tend to lean on perceived fractional relationship between two drivers, but I have seen Vettel in several interviews where he almost explicitly rejects how bad it is. If anything, can't be much worse than in any other team; inside rivalry is always there. Webber might stay, who knows, but might also retire from active racing, and do something else with Horner, opportunities' are there for him.

Holy crap!! I agree with you on something Sakae!! :up:

Advertisement

#52 lbennie

lbennie

• 1,940 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 00:12

They were being quite chummy with each other at one stage during canada weekend.

I think malaysia is long in the past for these two now. and has little baring on what mark will do next year.

I personally think RB would be silly to let him go, continuity is huge, especially with the new regs next year, his experience with the RB engineers and feedback will be a massive plus. I also think hes probably the best of the rest still outside of vettel/alonso/hamilton. Let's be honest, vettel would be handing a flogging to anyone on the grid in that car (that includes alonso and hamilton). It's not like he's doing a massa, he's still always fighting for a podium these days.

#53 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 3,420 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:32

Webber is not at all as bad as many make out and I believe would do a better job than anyone else bar kimi that could take his seat. Even that might surprise TBH. However since he is not one of the top 3 it's time he should give a younger driver a chance to develop even if they will not be as good as him to begin with.

As a ricciardo fan I personally hope vergne gets the seat and dan gets dumped and goes to a midfield team to develop more. A youngster against vettel will get his career destroyed!

The way vettel has improved over the years is fascinating.

#54 blowndiffuser

blowndiffuser

• 31 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:47

Webber is not at all as bad as many make out and I believe would do a better job than anyone else bar kimi that could take his seat. Even that might surprise TBH. However since he is not one of the top 3 it's time he should give a younger driver a chance to develop even if they will not be as good as him to begin with.

As a ricciardo fan I personally hope vergne gets the seat and dan gets dumped and goes to a midfield team to develop more. A youngster against vettel will get his career destroyed!

That's what they said when Hamilton was paired against Alonso haha.

Well, I don't necessarily think Ricciardo would do badly at RBR next year. Perhaps it might be like when Hakkinen joined McLaren when Senna was there (as in he didn't do too badly for his F1 career)...

#55 AustinF1

AustinF1

• 1,458 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:03

Webber---->Porsche.

#56 FPV GTHO

FPV GTHO

• 837 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:24

If Ricciardo gets dumped I fear he'll be out of F1. It seems plainly clear the Red Bull junior scheme doesn't cater for the drivers to stand by themselves. Nobody from Toro Rosso has managed to jump straight into another seat, and Tonio Liuzzi has been the only one to get back into a race seat period. There's also a matter of personal sponsorship which I feel being a part of the junior scheme has left Ricciardo out of the loop.

#57 loki

loki

• 1,997 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:25

The context of the term is the same everywhere, and Webber does not fit it at all. I don't believe it has been the fastest car for 4 years either, definitely not last year or this so only 2 years then 2010 and 2011. I also think Vettel has flattered the car and not the other way around, Webber is doing with it what most would struggle to do. And as I have said before perhaps only Alonso would get the kind of Results Vettel enjoys and Hamilton and Kimi are the only drivers I feel would better Webbers return.

Not everywhere, chap. Over here in the trades a journeyman is considered to be experience in his/her craft and quite competent though not yet a master of said craft. It's online here, within the realm of motorsport that I've heard it used as a pejorative term. I like Webber but he's not a master. Alonso, Schmuacher or Vettel. Those are masters.

I think he's done with the BS in F1 and off to sports cars.

#58 exogenesis1203

exogenesis1203

• 181 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:46

I will miss karne refreshing reviews, after Webber moves away in 2014 from Vettel. There, I said that. :wave:

don't worry,if Ricciardo does go to RBR, karne will just swictch her focus to him

#59 Ian G

Ian G

• 1,054 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:18

Ok,Mark has already said nothing has been signed with Porsche and he is still capable of "wrestling a F-1 car around for 2 hours",options,more than 2,are still being weighed up which means he still may be on the F-1 grid in 2014,i guess we will all know what he decides in the next Month or 2.

Advertisement

#60 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 16:46

I think he should stay one more year and see how the new regs suit him and his driving style. The tyres will also be conservative next year, so he should be able to enjoy himself more.

#61 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 1,418 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 17:16

I think he should stay one more year and see how the new regs suit him and his driving style. The tyres will also be conservative next year, so he should be able to enjoy himself more.

This

#62 mattferg

mattferg

• 847 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 22:45

Everyone's suggesting Lotus, Williams etc and ignoring that Webber said if he doesn't stay at RBR it's Ferrari or bust.

#63 FPV GTHO

FPV GTHO

• 837 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:21

Everyone's suggesting Lotus, Williams etc and ignoring that Webber said if he doesn't stay at RBR it's Ferrari or bust.

I don't think he said that though. I've only seen him effectively say front running car or nothing.

#64 BCM

BCM

• 276 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:07

If Ricciardo gets dumped I fear he'll be out of F1. It seems plainly clear the Red Bull junior scheme doesn't cater for the drivers to stand by themselves. Nobody from Toro Rosso has managed to jump straight into another seat, and Tonio Liuzzi has been the only one to get back into a race seat period. There's also a matter of personal sponsorship which I feel being a part of the junior scheme has left Ricciardo out of the loop.

Dan might be alright. His old man is pretty well off and connected to some seriously wealthy people via his business interests. I'm sure if it came to it the hat would be passed around to keep him in the game a year longer if required.

#65 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,414 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:25

Christian Horner has moved to calm speculation about Red Bull's driver plans for 2014 by saying he will hold talks with Mark Webber "later in the summer". Read More

#66 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:29

It would be very interesting to see if Webber would sign again with Red Bull if they start talks with him. It is very clear he feels he is sidelined at the team and the team favours Vettel, something he clearly stated after Malaysia - 'he would get away, he has got protection in the team'. Yet, year after year he keeps resigning with them. There is not a second driver who has had as much contentious relationship with the management as Webber has, and yet he has never left the team. This is bizarre. Malaysia should be the final nail in the coffin. If he has even an iota of self-esteem left, I can't see how he can continue with Red Bull any more. Not saying it is okay for him to continue so far. Some benefit of doubt could have been given on what he was thinking. But now, surely there is no chance. Let's see. I think he would leave F1.

#67 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,792 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 15:25

It would be very interesting to see if Webber would sign again with Red Bull if they start talks with him. It is very clear he feels he is sidelined at the team and the team favours Vettel, something he clearly stated after Malaysia - 'he would get away, he has got protection in the team'. Yet, year after year he keeps resigning with them. There is not a second driver who has had as much contentious relationship with the management as Webber has, and yet he has never left the team. This is bizarre. Malaysia should be the final nail in the coffin. If he has even an iota of self-esteem left, I can't see how he can continue with Red Bull any more. Not saying it is okay for him to continue so far. Some benefit of doubt could have been given on what he was thinking. But now, surely there is no chance. Let's see. I think he would leave F1.

The way he's been driving this year, I think 2013 is his last year in F1.

#68 Mr.Wayne

Mr.Wayne

• 572 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 18:24

With Vettel signing up for the 2015 season at RBR, it definitely puts to bed the lengthy-though-inaccurate speculation that he was off to Ferrari for 2014, but it hadn't yet been announced.

So the focus now surely turns to what Webber's going to do next year.

My thoughts are that (despite his situation) he'd be most keen on re-signing with Red Bull, given that they probably give him the best shot at winning races, which surely is the best he can be hoping for at this stage of his career. If RBR are adamant they're going to change the driver mix, do you see Webber retiring or moving elsewhere? Ferrari? Lotus?

I think there are two parts here.
The first one is that Vettel was NEVER going to be at Ferrari while Alonso is there for a long run. Neither of them (SV nor FA) would be interested on that. Also, Alonso's contract (and possibly, carrer?) ends in 2016, so Vettel having his options open to move the year before "and take over the mantle" on the scuderia from a retiring Alonso make sense.

Then, it comes the problem of Webber being approached by Ferrari last year, renewing one year at a time with RBR (but before this, getting multi-year contracts at his different teams); and there is the current "fall of grace" from Mark and the team after Sebastian did what Webber failed to do a handful of times in the past: pass his teammate while his team was instructing him not to do so...

RedBull announced this week that the STR duo needs more time before a judgement can be made, which might read as "not for 2014". So, Webber can choose to stay, or look to move. The only possible top seat other than RBR available would be Ferrari, assuming that Massa continues to underperform as he has been doing in the last couple of races. However, if Felipe goes back to his early-year form, why would Ferrari take away Alonso's loyal wingman for the sake of a proven wildman as Webber? Also, if Ferrari is interested in bringing Seb in the future, would Webber be interested in going there just to have to pair Seb again, or (even worst) being replaced by him?

So, in my opinion, either he accepts RBR way of life, or retires. Can't see any other feasible move for him inside the F1 paddock (unless, of course, he wants to go to a midfield team...)

#69 apoka

apoka

• 3,505 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 20:12

RedBull announced this week that the STR duo needs more time before a judgement can be made, which might read as "not for 2014". So, Webber can choose to stay, or look to move. The only possible top seat other than RBR available would be Ferrari, assuming that Massa continues to underperform as he has been doing in the last couple of races. However, if Felipe goes back to his early-year form, why would Ferrari take away Alonso's loyal wingman for the sake of a proven wildman as Webber? Also, if Ferrari is interested in bringing Seb in the future, would Webber be interested in going there just to have to pair Seb again, or (even worst) being replaced by him?

Good post, but the speculation that Vettel would pair Webber at Ferrari again is a bit far fetched (though not impossible). Webber probably doesn't think about a move from Seb in 2016/2017, since he may not have that many seasons left. If he goes to Ferrari, I think it will be 1-year or 2-year deal. Everything else would be quite risky for Ferrari as I cannot imagine they really want to build up Webber as a long term prospect at his career stage.

So, in my opinion, either he accepts RBR way of life, or retires. Can't see any other feasible move for him inside the F1 paddock (unless, of course, he wants to go to a midfield team...)

What about Lotus?

#70 noikeee

noikeee

• 9,516 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 20:19

Webber isn't going to be in F1 by '16 lol. It's not an issue.

#71 g1n

g1n

• 874 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 20:23

He never said that, what he did say is that he is not interested in doing a "barichello", he will only sign for a top team.

#72 redreni

redreni

• 2,438 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 19:36

I think it's bizzare from RBR's side that they keep offering him extensions. But the owner seems disinterested in signing anyone who is not a Red Bull young driver programme graduate, so in the absence of a second decent driver from that programme (after Vettel) the default option seems to be to renew Webber year-on-year.

From Webber's perspective if the extensions are on offer he'd be crazy not to take them. Only possible exception to that was last year when he had an offer from Ferrari, but at the time he probably assumed Vettel was going to Ferrari in 2014 so he worked out that, by staying at Red Bull for 2013, he'd likely get another deal for 2014 too as they would not wish to change two drivers at a time. He probably saw a possibility of potentially being tream leader to Ricciardo or JEV next year. That's as opposed to doing a year as a contractual number two at Ferrari then facing the boot in 2014 to make way for his former teammate. It didn't work out that way but that was probably Webber's thinking.

I think now's the time for him to think of his legacy. He's won races in F1. He no longer has the possibility to win a title - 2010 was his best and only chance for that. Winning a few more races might put him a bit higher up the pecking order of retired F1 also-rans, but what would be far more prestigious would be to win the WEC and/or the Le Mans 24 hours. That's what I'd aim for in his position.

#73 dave34m

dave34m

• 457 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 00:14

I definitely think Mark could have been World Champion in the right circumstances, but just his bad luck that when he finally gets the car he also get a superstar team-mate.

Interesting what those circumstances would be as he hasn't even managed to finish second in the Championship despite being in clearly the best car. Even if he wasn't against Vettel in the Red Bull he still wasn't good enough to win the WDC. Maybe Webber fans just need to face facts.

#74 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,414 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:17

I don't understand your reasoning. Should Vettel have left after Silverstone when the team told Mark to hold station and he decided to disobey the order and race Vettel anyhow? Should Vettel have packed his bags for a new team after Brazil when Mark challenged him in his final bid for the Cup against team orders? The team was behind Mark in Malaysia, so I have no idea why that is any "final nail in the coffin" Why do you feel that you "can't see how he can continue"? I mean, if the team had been behind Seb in Malaysia or had strictured him or demeaned him publicly after Silverstone and Brazil, there may be some basis for what you have said. But based on what we know, I don't understand your perspective.

Mark has it made. He has the press behind him to do whatever he wants to the team - blame them, accuse them, speak extremely negative of them in public and judge them poorly (as well as his teammate), defy team orders, loudly proclaim he spoke to other teams and write a tell all book and the team does Nothing in response.

Nothing at all. Why would Mark wish to leave?

#75 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 3,114 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:16

Mark has it made. He has the press behind him to do whatever he wants to the team - blame them, accuse them, speak extremely negative of them in public and judge them poorly (as well as his teammate), defy team orders, loudly proclaim he spoke to other teams and write a tell all book and the team does Nothing in response.

Oh the drama! :rolleyes: :rotfl:

#76 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 3,114 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:21

What about Lotus?

Agreed. I think he's a better chance of going to Lotus than Ferrari. But i'm tipping he'll retire & head to Porsche LMP1.

#77 sportingcp

sportingcp

• 106 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 16:16

I think it´s time for him to go. I remember reading a newspaper/magazine on the 1999 season if i´m not mistaken with a Mika Hakkinen interview where he said something like this: i´m here in F1 to win so I have to think i´m the best and have that ambition and if someday I´m not motivated and I don´t think i´m capable of winning than I think it´s better to simply grab my things and go home (I was a Schumacher fan but I have all the respect for Mika and I really agree in what he said). And actually that was exactly what he did, he retired when he lost that kind of motivation. Then he was replaced by Raikkonen in 2002. If we look back at it it was a great decision instead of watching Mika doing some poor seasons for someone like him (like in 2001) we saw an exciting young talent driver Raikkonen showing his qualities.

What I want to say with this is that, we know Webber is good, not a World Champion but is certainly good but he has nothing more to show, and he´s a bit in that situation Mika was. It´s time to give space to young drivers, like Mika did for example. I think the ideal would be the F1 grid to have drivers who are within this 3 conditions:

- World Champion drivers, still highly motivated (ex. Alonso)
- Drivers who, even if not world champions, are with no doubt very good and in the peak of the career having still something to show (ex. Rosberg)
- Young very promising talents, drivers who can win in the future (ex. Bianchi).

That´s my point of view, and Webber is not in any of this groups (and there are other drivers who are not definitely) and i´m convinced that there some guys that can do a good job in that car and have a lot to show, like Hulkenberg.

Edited by sportingcp, 17 June 2013 - 16:22.

#78 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 16:32

I think it´s time for him to go. I remember reading a newspaper/magazine on the 1999 season if i´m not mistaken with a Mika Hakkinen interview where he said something like this: i´m here in F1 to win so I have to think i´m the best and have that ambition and if someday I´m not motivated and I don´t think i´m capable of winning than I think it´s better to simply grab my things and go home (I was a Schumacher fan but I have all the respect for Mika and I really agree in what he said). And actually that was exactly what he did, he retired when he lost that kind of motivation. Then he was replaced by Raikkonen in 2002. If we look back at it it was a great decision instead of watching Mika doing some poor seasons for someone like him (like in 2001) we saw an exciting young talent driver Raikkonen showing his qualities.

What I want to say with this is that, we know Webber is good, not a World Champion but is certainly good but he has nothing more to show, and he´s a bit in that situation Mika was. It´s time to give space to young drivers, like Mika did for example. I think the ideal would be the F1 grid to have drivers who are within this 3 conditions:

- World Champion drivers, still highly motivated (ex. Alonso)
- Drivers who, even if not world champions, are with no doubt very good and in the peak of the career having still something to show (ex. Rosberg)
- Young very promising talents, drivers who can win in the future (ex. Bianchi).

That´s my point of view, and Webber is not in any of this groups (and there are other drivers who are not definitely) and i´m convinced that there some guys that can do a good job in that car and have a lot to show, like Hulkenberg.

He knows he can beat Seb, he's done it before and will do it again. Some changes in the regs, tyres becoming harder, and next thing you know he could be exchanging pole positions with Seb again. These things can turn on a dime.

#79 OldSoldier2

OldSoldier2

• 144 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 16:39

He knows he can beat Seb, he's done it before and will do it again. Some changes in the regs, tyres becoming harder, and next thing you know he could be exchanging pole positions with Seb again. These things can turn on a dime.

Sure, Webber can beat Vettel in qualification or in a race or two. But Mark has never beaten Seb in a season (2008-2012). I don't see how that will change this year. Or next if Webber re-signs.

Advertisement

#80 loki

loki

• 1,997 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:20

Does this sound like someone that's planning to stay in F1?

"It is a really different type of racing, no doubt about it. You still have some nice moments in the car but it's hard to put your finger on the satisfaction side of things now. It's just different."

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/108118

#81 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,414 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:58

Oh the drama! :rolleyes: :rotfl:

That is not said with dramatic flair - that is said with pragmatic - matter of fact - tone.

Am I wrong? Has the team ever publicly demeaned Mark for those things? No.

Mark has it made at RBR as a dude that likes to speak his mind, so why would he be desirous of going anywhere else? He can't do any of that at Ferrari and at Lotus - Eric would likely start a press war, lol.

#82 v@sh

v@sh

• 723 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:10

Any chance we can add a poll to this thread? e.g. Where would you like to see Webber go > RB > Ferrari > Lotus > WEC > Other Teams > Retire etc.

#83 PassWind

PassWind

• 4,828 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:14

How can Mark be staying on the same level at 37 when most drivers retire at that age? Of course he is declining. Webber is comparable to the Coulthards, Patrasies and Bergers of the past, which are considered journeymen, and has consistently under performed in the best cars for the last 4 years. Thats nothing to commend.

Someone ban this idiot, trolling on a different account to save your dignity on the internet is as weak as piss, like you think you had a reputation on your real account. Go see a psychologist or just grow the hell up.

#84 aray

aray

• 2,599 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:00

while i expect him in the grid in 2014,i doubt he will be in RB next season....

#85 turssi

turssi

• 1,205 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 19:39

Any chance we can add a poll to this thread? e.g. Where would you like to see Webber go > RB > Ferrari > Lotus > WEC > Other Teams > Retire etc.

Would be nice to have two polls: Where would you like & Where do you believe Webber will go.

#86 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 21:37

If Kimi stays put at Lotus (a lot more likely now), I expect Red Bull to retain Webber for one more year. Next year is so different in terms of the car, having continuity on the driver's side will be a big plus.
And while drivers often call it quits when there are major rule changes (look at DC), I can see Webber wanting to get a taste of the new stuff before he walks away.

#87 Ian G

Ian G

• 1,054 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:14

Mark will be interviewed on SkySports Radio Sydney Australia, "The Big Sports Breakfast" ,tomorrow some time after 7am AEST for those who wish to listen. He mainly wants to talk about Tires and their over-influence on current F-1 races but i'm sure the boys will ask him about 2014.

http://www.bigsportsbreakfast.com.au/

#88 wattoroos

wattoroos

• 1,074 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:58

http://www.motorspor...-likely-source/

I think it is starting to look more likely, I would hope Maldonado doesn't get the Lotus drive, although he is quick, surely you cant have those two in your team, Hulkenberg and Di Resta deserve a go before him in a better car.

#89 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:42

I think it is starting to look more likely, I would hope Maldonado doesn't get the Lotus drive, although he is quick, surely you cant have those two in your team, Hulkenberg and Di Resta deserve a go before him in a better car.

I don't think it's likely Lotus is looking at Maldonado with PDVSA since an oil family took a share in the team this week.

#90 Oho

Oho

• 7,559 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:49

A Finnish TV commentator, I would not classify him as credible inside source.

#91 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 3,114 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 20:40

More support for Webbo to go back to sports cars: http://www.huffingto...tml?ir=UK Sport

Interesting comments from McNish regarding manufacturers getting better PR value from sports car success than F1 success. Also a good little dig about the current F1 tyres.

#92 wattoroos

wattoroos

• 1,074 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 00:13

On Australian radio, he said that "The ball is very much in my court, which is good, but nothing is certain in sport" or something very much like that, for those who are interested

#93 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 4,855 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:29

Sounds like the one year offer is there again with Red Bull.

#94 pazza

pazza

• 116 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:58

Sounds like the one year offer is there again with Red Bull.

Yep, I hope he takes it up even if it's for my own selfish reasons wanting to see him go around one more time.

#95 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 26,431 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:19

I listen to all their interviews as i shower each morning and Webber ALWAYS sounds sleepy whenever he is on.

#96 apoka

apoka

• 3,505 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:23

On Australian radio, he said that "The ball is very much in my court, which is good, but nothing is certain in sport" or something very much like that, for those who are interested

I still hope for a swap with Kimi. We have only one interesting team mate battle at the top teams - let's make that 3 next year.

#97 wattoroos

wattoroos

• 1,074 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:43

I still hope for a swap with Kimi. We have only one interesting team mate battle at the top teams - let's make that 3 next year.

I'm guessing the one you are referring to is Hamilton-Rosberg, but Kimi going to Red Bull would only make 2 wouldn't it?, I want to see him stay in F1, I think he might have more year in him, its a shame he was probably a little past his prime (except for 09/10) to have a shot at Vettel, because Vettel is just too good now, but I just like having an Aussie in f1, and the other one is running out of time to impress.

Edited by wattoroos, 20 June 2013 - 07:44.

#98 krapmeister

krapmeister

• 5,545 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:39

I'm guessing the one you are referring to is Hamilton-Rosberg, but Kimi going to Red Bull would only make 2 wouldn't it?, I want to see him stay in F1, I think he might have more year in him, its a shame he was probably a little past his prime (except for 09/10) to have a shot at Vettel, because Vettel is just too good now, but I just like having an Aussie in f1, and the other one is running out of time to impress.

Ah but if Kimi goes to RedBull and then Mark goes to Lotus or even Ferrari (unlikely I know) then that would make 3 interesting team mate battles (Hammy v. Rosberg, Seb v. Kimi, Webber v. Alonso or other Lotus driver)  ;)

#99 DutchQuicksilver

DutchQuicksilver

• 1,812 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:09

Yep, I hope he takes it up even if it's for my own selfish reasons wanting to see him go around one more time.

I don't. It's time for fresh blood at Red Bull. I'm a bit bored with the line up Vettel/Webber at that team.

Advertisement

#100 v@sh

v@sh

• 723 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:27

Ditto, purely because it will be the same same even if he has a race winning car. I'd prefer if Webber went to Lotus/Ferrari/Sports cars. A change will do him some good - who knows what the new regs will bring.