Photo

Journee de la Moto France 8th /9th June

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RC162

RC162

• 332 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:12

Went to Croix en Ternois last weekend for some classic track time and took a few photos. Some of them that may be of interest to forum members. This first pair are of an endurance bike that Alan Cathcart will be riding at the Bikers Classic at Spa. It features a swingarm assembly to keep the chain at a constant tension.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Found this one interesting as I'm told that some Bonnevilles were badged to launch this manufacturer in the mid seveties. Anyone know anything about this ?

Posted Image

Can anyone name the man on the right ? A seventies rider who saldy lost his lower right arm in a crash at Rouen les Essarts in I believe 1972. The second picture shows how he spent most of his weekend.

Posted Image

Posted Image

More to follow.

Advertisement

#2 GD66

GD66

• 2,237 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:28

Nice job of a FUBAR swingarm, is that the Dholda bike ?

Certainly never seen any info about the Italjet Bonnie, or seen one with a Grimeca in the front end, what a giggle !

Edit : Well, now I've seen it all ! A web search has revealed...the ItalJet 650 Grifon !
Posted Image

Edited by GD66, 14 June 2013 - 07:38.

#3 motard

motard

• 33 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:42

Hello. The guy in the photo (and in the recliner) is Jean-Paul Passet, a lovely man with a wealth of stories and knowledge. He finished 8th in the 1970 Bol b'Or at Montlhery on the third of the works Triumph triples, after a problem at the 15 hour mark dropped the team from 5th to 19th. The race was won by Dickie/Smart on another Triumph. He lost his arm after an accident on the works 750 BMW at the 6 hour race at Rouen in 1972, but still rides a Honda Fireblade. PM me if you want his contact details.
Tom

#4 SgtPepperoni

SgtPepperoni

• 177 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:24

Posted Image

He looks so chilled. Not a worry in the world. :clap:

#5 tonyed

tonyed

• 982 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:16

Always seemed a complicated way of keeping the chain tension constant when the 'SRE' principal was so simple.

#6 RC162

RC162

• 332 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 17:29

[quote name='GD66' date='Jun 14 2013, 06:28' post='6314529']

I really don't know what bike it is but it was being looked after by some very decent Dutch guys. Lots of names painted onto various frame tubes on the bike.

#7 RC162

RC162

• 332 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 17:53

A few of the other interesting bikes I saw. Below a Spondon CBX1000. Later to be binned in the kitty litter resulting in holed casings but he was out on it next day.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now here is an oddball that was for sale. Someone may be able to shed some light on this one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Time for a few strokers. Talked to the owner of this Bultaco Metralla and he had the engine done by Kevin Breedon in the UK and that it has the correct ' American ' kit fitted including the pigs hide seat if I heard him correctly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A pair of Ossa's with different frames and there was a third bike in the paddock somewhere.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And finally a nice Seeley XS650.

Posted Image

#8 RC162

RC162

• 332 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 18:11

Hello. The guy in the photo (and in the recliner) is Jean-Paul Passet, a lovely man with a wealth of stories and knowledge. He finished 8th in the 1970 Bol b'Or at Montlhery on the third of the works Triumph triples, after a problem at the 15 hour mark dropped the team from 5th to 19th. The race was won by Dickie/Smart on another Triumph. He lost his arm after an accident on the works 750 BMW at the 6 hour race at Rouen in 1972, but still rides a Honda Fireblade. PM me if you want his contact details.
Tom

That is a very kind offer but the other person in the picture is my friend Nigel Atkins and he and Jean-Paul got on really well mainly due to Nigel having lost the use of his left arm in an accident but currently rides a 1952 500 Triumph and a Dresda Triumph, that he has modified himself, at classic events. Jean-Paul was very interested in Nigel's mods and I think they have each others details to keep in touch. Below are pictures of Nigel's 500 on track last year and the Dresda. Many thanks for the kind offer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 pierrepeterpedro

pierrepeterpedro

• 43 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:52

Yes, the D'Hollander frame. See here under "Old Racers"; this bike, the RCB, the P&M and another I don't recognise. Mouse over to see series of photos.

Edited by pierrepeterpedro, 19 June 2013 - 08:55.

#10 Herr Wankel

Herr Wankel

• 941 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 20:23

A few of the other interesting bikes I saw. Below a Spondon CBX1000. Later to be binned in the kitty litter resulting in holed casings but he was out on it next day.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now here is an oddball that was for sale. Someone may be able to shed some light on this one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Time for a few strokers. Talked to the owner of this Bultaco Metralla and he had the engine done by Kevin Breedon in the UK and that it has the correct ' American ' kit fitted including the pigs hide seat if I heard him correctly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A pair of Ossa's with different frames and there was a third bike in the paddock somewhere.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And finally a nice Seeley XS650.

Posted Image

Seurat was the french importer of OSSAs, Rare to see 2 Yankee 500 twins together.

HW

#11 twotempi

twotempi

• 54 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:00

Rare to see 2 Yankee 500 twins together.

Especially on the same bike !! Look for the Ossa 4 cylinder two-stroke bike !!

#12 RC162

RC162

• 332 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:28

Here's a few more pictures from this event with some bikes and some of the atmosphere.

Posted Image

This was for sale at 2500 euros.

Posted Image

Some of the happy crew.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image