- - - - -

ROS-WEB-ALO pre-podium banter

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 crespo

crespo

• 1,044 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 15:34

I was really looking forward to hearing Rosberg, Webbo and Alonso chat before the podium, but Fox Deportes had a live interview with Checo and Esteban blocking out the sound. Would anyone be kind enough to provide a summary of what they said? Or a transcript of some sort? I gathered something from Webbo making a Schumacher reference, but that's about all I know. Seemed interesting enough...

Advertisement

#2 AdamM

AdamM

• 52 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 15:38

I was really looking forward to hearing Rosberg, Webbo and Alonso chat before the podium, but Fox Deportes had a live interview with Checo and Esteban blocking out the sound. Would anyone be kind enough to provide a summary of what they said? Or a transcript of some sort? I gathered something from Webbo making a Schumacher reference, but that's about all I know. Seemed interesting enough...

They were all in the toilets doing a 3kg dump.

#3 gm914

gm914

• 6,046 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 15:42

Yeh I thought I heard Mark refer to Vettel as "Michael". :lol:
Gonna miss that guy in F1.

#4 Junky

Junky

• 815 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 15:43

Before last year's Spanish GP, Schumacher made a huge amount of critics about Pirelli tyres. It could be something about it, I don't know...

Edited by Junky, 30 June 2013 - 15:43.

#5 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,050 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 15:43

Alonso (i think) asked Mark what happened to him at the start, his response... "Grosjean" :lol:

#6 karne

karne

• 2,040 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:47

Alonso (i think) asked Mark what happened to him at the start, his response... "Grosjean" :lol:

With a very accurate demonstration of what happened at the start with his hands..."Bam!"

Then there was a bit of laughter, and Nico and Mark were bantering about needing another lap, I think.

#7 slideways

slideways

• 3,395 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:58

Webber told Rosberg about how he should have won then realised the camera was on him so added a congratulations afterwards lol.

#8 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 6,110 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:07

I did love Webbers "Grosjean", clunks hands together, then rolls eyes response to explaining the start.

They mentioned Alonso saying something rude in the chat on the commentary, the grumpy old ladies must have been lighting up the switchboard - even though I have no idea what was said.

#9 akshay380

akshay380

• 602 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:52

Will miss Webber next year. He has so many interesting quotes in F1. 'Britney's into the wall is my fav. :rotfl:

#10 ensign14

ensign14

• 62,001 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:15

Which was unfair on Grosjean - he was pushed out by a charging Button.

#11 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 4,459 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:31

Will miss Webber next year. He has so many interesting quotes in F1. 'Britney's into the wall is my fav. :rotfl:

+1

F1 needs more drivers with a bit of character. Speaks his mind, uses dry humour well (although only Brits & Aussies get his humour) is always good for a quote, runs a great charity & is a decent bloke. Will be missed.

Not F1 related but my favourite Webber sound bite is from his visit to the Isle of Man TT to watch good mate & TT legend John McGuinness.

WARNING: Explicit language. :rotfl:

#12 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,956 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:07

+1

F1 needs more drivers with a bit of character. Speaks his mind, uses dry humour well (although only Brits & Aussies get his humour) is always good for a quote, runs a great charity & is a decent bloke. Will be missed.

Not F1 related but my favourite Webber sound bite is from his visit to the Isle of Man TT to watch good mate & TT legend John McGuinness.

WARNING: Explicit language. :rotfl:

And Kiwis, especially the sheep jokes. He's a pretty good lad, much underrated and has strung together some truly great drives.

#13 TimRTC

TimRTC

• 1,282 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:08

Bring Tom Coronell into F1, he would certainly be interesting in post-race banter.

Anyone else reminded by these candidly filmed sections post-race of an F1 version of 'The Office'?

#14 rookie

rookie

• 417 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:16

I did love Webbers "Grosjean", clunks hands together, then rolls eyes response to explaining the start.

They mentioned Alonso saying something rude in the chat on the commentary, the grumpy old ladies must have been lighting up the switchboard - even though I have no idea what was said.

Think it was an F bomb under his breath about the last pitstop, right at the end before the camera cut, saying he lost 3 positions.

Camera in that room is better than new podium IMO, i usually switch off after that, read the transcripts later.

#15 Dunder

Dunder

• 6,784 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:05

Would tend to agree. They were 4 wide with Button inside Grosjean and Massa outside Webber. Button moved over, Grosjean had to move over as a result and Webber was then in a very bad spot. None of them to blame really, even Button could not have known they were 4 abreast.

#16 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 4,459 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:38

And Kiwis, especially the sheep jokes. He's a pretty good lad, much underrated and has strung together some truly great drives.

Oops! The Kiwi's as well of course. Sorry Muz Bee. By the way the footage of Webber at the TT was taken by young Kiwi racer Mitch Evans.

#17 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,341 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:01

No chance was the start Grosjean's fault but Webber wouldn't have had the chance to watch the replay so may have felt it was.

#18 pingu666

pingu666

• 9,272 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:08

dc kept blaming grosjean aswell, I couldn't see what he did wrong tbh

#19 JimiKart

JimiKart

• 457 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:27

Referring to Seb as "Michael"... not only is that perfect description, it's very funny.

Advertisement

#20 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:57

he also helps a lot of young Aussie and kiwis out when they head to England to advance their racing careers Top bloke who is a motorsport fan just like we all are

he was a very very popular person on the podium yesterday - haven't heard that big of a cheer for a long time

#21 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 10,824 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 13:10

Then there was a bit of laughter, and Nico and Mark were bantering about needing another lap, I think.

They are racing drivers not poets, OP you did not miss much!

Obviously these three guys do not hate each other or anything, they seem to get along. :) None the less, their conservation is a little bit awkward still.

#22 expert

expert

• 1,159 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 13:10

Yeah it's funny how popular Webber is in the UK. And much liike the reason Vettel is unpopular isn't down to his nationality I don't think Webber's popularity is just cause he's an Aussie.

see Casey Stoner

#23 expert

expert

• 1,159 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 13:12

They're also not oblvious to the camera.

#24 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,341 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 13:18

dc kept blaming grosjean aswell, I couldn't see what he did wrong tbh

DC had him blamed before he even knew for sure which of the two Lotus cars was involved.

#25 smitten

smitten

• 4,982 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 13:20

DC had him blamed before he even knew for sure which of the two Lotus cars was involved.

Based upon previous, DC quite reasonably suggested it was likely to be Grosjean.

#26 TimRTC

TimRTC

• 1,282 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 13:24

They're also not oblvious to the camera.

Don't you wish they could use the cameramen from WWE (or WWF if you are old enough) who were apparently completely invisible, so wrestlers could discuss secret plans on live television without any risk of anyone else finding out about it.

#27 NotSoSilentBob

NotSoSilentBob

• 1,667 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 13:57

^ LOL! :up:

#28 TheThirdTenor1

TheThirdTenor1

• 882 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 14:01

Don't you wish they could use the cameramen from WWE (or WWF if you are old enough) who were apparently completely invisible, so wrestlers could discuss secret plans on live television without any risk of anyone else finding out about it.

Yep, and Alonso getting on the Big screens during Friday practice, sending a message out to Vettel - "THIS SUNDAY AFTERNOON AT SILVERSTONE, YOU ARE GOING DOWN!"

And Vettel should have a title belt that he carries around with him.

Edited by TheThirdTenor1, 01 July 2013 - 14:02.

#29 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 6,110 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 23:22

:lol:
I bet Bernie is reaching for his notepad if he's reading this

#30 superdelphinus

superdelphinus

• 3,175 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 23:44

Ha ha didn't realise it was vettel he was calling Michael. Nutcase

#31 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 3,151 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 23:54

hahaha defending Grosjean?

#32 tremolo

tremolo

• 87 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 00:57

Wasn't the 'Michael' call just a reference to SV parking his car on the track (like, you know, Michael Schumacher infamously did once)?

Or should I be overanalysing it more?

Edited by tremolo, 02 July 2013 - 00:59.

#33 repcobrabham

repcobrabham

• 10,551 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:04

loving the WWE ideas - 'can you smell what's cooking in mark's kitchen?'

I have a great sense of humor and see the light side between freinds, but they should consider being a bit more circumspect in front of the cameras.

well that's funny, i'll give you that!

#34 AustinF1

AustinF1

• 20,690 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:22

Obviously these three guys do not hate each other or anything, they seem to get along. :) None the less, their conservation is a little bit awkward still.

Cameras change everything.

#35 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 10,824 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:40

Wasn't the 'Michael' call just a reference to SV parking his car on the track (like, you know, Michael Schumacher infamously did once)?

MW also calls Rosberg: "Britney" due to flowing blonde hair.

You should analyse it less! It is not meant to be serious.;)

Vettel is very fast and successful German, Schumacher is very fast and successful German, I don't see the problem!

#36 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:32

That's what I think.
It suits Webber's humour more to take the piss. Vettel's preferential treatment, subsequent behavior and insecurity is uncannily like Schumacher's.

#37 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:37

and Kudos to the current BBC commentators for staying completely silent while the drivers had 'their chat'.

#38 kenkip

kenkip

• 506 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:07

Love the WWE ideas!
F1 is so bloody corprate this days,so the pre podium banter is always something I look forward to!
I wish for instance when people were booing him,Seb would stick a middle finger up one hand,and three fingers up the other in the podium and say 'I am the triple world champion bitches,accept or die!'and proceed to break the microphone Stone cold Steve Austin style!
Or Kimi walking into the Maclaren garage ,draging Checo out kicking and screaming and proceed to give him an almighty dust up!
I remember Jeremy Clarkson back in 2011 saying if Massa and Lewis dont like each other,after the podium ceremony,they should put on boxing gloves and slug it out!Who wouldnt watch that??
If only wishes were horses...

#39 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 24,717 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:37

Posts deleted. Please stop dragging in stuff like Multi 21 and/or Brazil 2012 - it derails threads and gets them closed down if left unchecked. I don't like deleting posts, especially when not the whole of a post is off topic, but I dislike closing down whole threads even more, so here we are.

Please stay on topic, folks.

Advertisement

#40 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:47

I won't miss those kind of comments from him at all. I feel it was a lousy comment, even if Seb wouldn't mind.

#41 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 33,683 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:54

It must be his nickname. I'm sure they wouldn't say it if it bothered him. Rosberg/Britney etc

#42 Goron3

Goron3

• 4,484 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:11

I won't miss those kind of comments from him at all. I feel it was a lousy comment, even if Seb wouldn't mind.

Many of the people in the paddock refer to him as Michael. Even at the FOTA forum I was at last Wednesday Ricciardo mentioned it.

#43 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:13

Don't understand why people would refer to Sebastian as Michael [Schumacher], aside from that they win alot and are both German.

Does Seb conduct himself like Schumi? Or try too hard to be like him?

Or does he have an arrogance like Schumacher had in his early years that only drivers and inner F1 workings are privvy to?

#44 oldracer1957

oldracer1957

• 202 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:17

Does anyone know why Webber was referring to Vettel as "Michael"?

#45 Higli

Higli

• 262 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:28

Does anyone know why Webber was referring to Vettel as "Michael"?

For parking his car on the track?

#46 Coops3

Coops3

• 1,841 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:51

This.

#47 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 24,717 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:50

That's twice I've removed a string of posts that are all about past grievances with no obvious bearing on the topic at hand. Do keep on topic, folks - I doubt there'll be a third clean up, the thread will just be closed.

#48 oldracer1957

oldracer1957

• 202 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:52

Ah ok... :lol: nice one. It quite escaped me. :smoking:

#49 ensign14

ensign14

• 62,001 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 19:36

I thought it might have been in reference to another German who wouldn't let his team-mates race him.

#50 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 20:49

MW also calls Rosberg: "Britney" due to flowing blonde hair.

You should analyse it less! It is not meant to be serious.;)

Vettel is very fast and successful German, Schumacher is very fast and successful German, I don't see the problem!

:rotfl: