Photo
- - - - -

Rate the British GP!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate the British GP! (160 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate the British GP!

1. 1 (Worst rating) (25 votes [15.62%])

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

2. 2 (9 votes [5.62%])

Percentage of vote: 5.62%

3. 3 (7 votes [4.38%])

Percentage of vote: 4.38%

4. 4 (12 votes [7.50%])

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

5. 5 (15 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

6. 6 (9 votes [5.62%])

Percentage of vote: 5.62%

7. 7 (22 votes [13.75%])

Percentage of vote: 13.75%

8. 8 (31 votes [19.38%])

Percentage of vote: 19.38%

9. 9 (22 votes [13.75%])

Percentage of vote: 13.75%

10. 10 (8 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Snic

Snic

• 571 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 15:43

Please rate the race objectively and not on your favourite drivers result :)

Best Driver
Worst Driver
Best Team
Best Overtake
Best Moment
DRS + Tyres
And the race in a sentence...

Advertisement

#2 Cyanide

Cyanide

• 5,315 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 15:49

Best Driver: Mark Webber/Lewis Hamilton for those great recoveries
Worst Driver: a hard one. But based on results I'd say Van der Garde.
Best Team: not one team in particular. I guess Mercedes before Hamilton's tyre failure.
Best Overtake: Hamilton on di Resta - great fight
Best Moment: Last 12 laps - made up for the horrible tyre situation.
DRS + Tyres: Well...not much to say, we all saw what was happening with the tyres
And the race in a sentence... A disgrace from a tyre point of view and dangerous but action-packed towards the end.

I'd rate this higher if it wasn't for the absolute farce of constant punctures but in this case: 6/10

Edited by Cyanide, 30 June 2013 - 15:50.

#3 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,677 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 15:49

I didn't even pay attention to who was the better driver, or the worse. I can't seriously answer to that part. I just wanted the race to finish with everybody in just one piece.

I know, I'm going to be called a few things for the people who think racing is only racing if you put people's lives in danger, but I do think the race should have been red-flagged.

In short, I didn't like the race at all, I don't watch motorsport to feel fear, and today I did feel fear.

#4 SR388

SR388

• 5,683 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 15:50

Best: Lewis
Worst: GroSean
Team: Merc, really used strategy to make the best of a bad situation
Best Overtake: Too many to list
Best Moment: Lewis fighting with Paul
DRS + Tyres: Contracts will be torn up

1 sentence: Finding excitement in the worst possible ways.

Out of context- 7
In context - 1

#5 kimster89

kimster89

• 1,413 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 15:52

Best Driver Hard to pick one. Ill go with Hamilton. Had no problems during the lead, great recovery after the incident.
Worst Driver Gutierezz
Best Team Mercedes
Best Overtake Webber on Sutil and Kimi
Best Moment Seeing the prospect of Kimi getting 2. place
DRS + Tyres DRS ok, tyres a joke
And the race in a sentence...Pirreli is a farce

#6 ANF

ANF

• 29,540 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 15:53

1/10 because of the ****ing tyres.

#7 P123

P123

• 23,967 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 15:56

7/10... the tyre issues created most of the battles, albeit not in the way the F1 teams imagined when they requested Pirelli to make an inferior product for the 'show'.

#8 spacekid

spacekid

• 3,143 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 15:56

Race in one word - Bang

#9 jjcale

jjcale

• 16,192 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 15:58

I want my money back...That was not a race, that was a #@&ing disgrace.......#PirelliOUT!

#10 SamH123

SamH123

• 2,968 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 16:00

It was somewhat uncomfortable at times especially considering some recent events in motorsport

#11 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,050 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 16:02

Best Driver Hamilton
Worst Driver Chilton, 30 seconds behind Jules even with the late SC!
Best Team Mercedes
Best Overtake The Hamilton/Di Resta fight, hard but fair.
Best Moment Vettel breaking down, sorry but opened up title + led to manic final few laps
DRS + Tyres DRS was actually ok here, tyres less so...
And the race in a sentence... Discombobulated

#12 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,050 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 16:03

I want my money back...That was not a race, that was a #@&ing disgrace.......#PirelliOUT!

Pirelli proposed a new construction of tyre, the teams rejected it to benefit their own needs, what more can they do?

Edited by olliek88, 30 June 2013 - 16:03.

#13 AlexS

AlexS

• 6,345 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 16:03

All good racing was due to safety cars so it takes a 1.

#14 joshb

joshb

• 3,387 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 16:05

Best driver- Hamilton over the weekend. Went from 1st to 4th through no fault of his own. Ricciardo and di Resta and Vettel also did well
Worst- Chilton. 1.7s off in qualy and got lapped before being allowed to get it back
Best team- Mercedes had the best car, and but for bad luck would've inherited a 1-2 (from a 1-3)
Best pass- di Resta sneaking past the Williams at Club- unusual passing place. Good moves at Brooklands too by Webber and others
Best moment- Massa's start
DRS+Tyres- DRS a touch powerful and tyres a joke

Race in a sentence- Pirelli horror show overshadows dramatic race

#15 nosecone

nosecone

• 1,938 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 16:06

4 Points

Best Driver
Hamilton great job during his lead and great recovery after his problem
Worst Driver hard to judge can't remember who had to save fuel or had a bad strategy given by the team, so i can't judge it
Best Team Mercedes
Best Overtake also hard to judge. Don't know which was a real overtake and which one was caused by 2 sec a lap faster tyres
Best Moment the exciting last laps
DRS + Tyres DRS: there were passes without and thats good but i don't like it (as usual). Tyres: i think we all saw it
And the race in a sentence:

Apart from the tyre issues, which turned the race into a shame, the race was exciting and close because none could pull away early (Hamilton only with a 2.5s lead)

Edited by nosecone, 30 June 2013 - 16:07.

#16 nosecone

nosecone

• 1,938 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 16:09

Pirelli proposed a new construction of tyre, the teams rejected it to benefit their own needs, what more can they do?

:up:

true. Pirelli recognized the problems and developed another tyre. But then, as you said, some teams opposed to bring these new tyres

#17 P123

P123

• 23,967 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 16:12

Yep, no testing, asked to make tyres for the show, teams veto changes out of self-interest. The F1 tyre supply contract is a poisoned chalice, and Pirelli must be getting well and truly fed up with the circus. I think Hamilton nailed it when he said that nothing will happen until somebody gets hurt.

#18 jjcale

jjcale

• 16,192 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 16:17

Have some integrity and withdraw from F1 on the basis that what is required of them is tarnishing their brand ... my clients dont set my minimum standards for me, I am in charge of that. My reputation is on the line, not theirs. No self respecticting manufacturer should ever agree to do what Pirelli have done .... and if they dont see that, I want them out.

Edited by jjcale, 30 June 2013 - 16:22.

#19 greenman

greenman

• 1,565 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 17:01

They could admit that there's a safety issue. They didn't. But it's hard to put all blame on them, that's true.

Anyway, it's the first time I rated the race a 1. There were some positives - Vettel is now not running away with the championship (though it's hard to cheer for somebody having bad luck) + there was some good racing towards the end (even if a lot of it was also due to the silly DRS zone)

But when I spent 80% of the race hoping that there will not be another tyre explosion, it's hard to say anything good about it. The last time I was as disgusted with this series was during US GP in 2005.

Thank god for Indycar this year...

Advertisement

#20 BobbyRicky

BobbyRicky

• 1,517 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 17:22

Best Driver: Hard to pick one, top three i guess.
Worst Driver: Hard to pick one, everyone outside of the points i guess.
Best Team: Lotus for giving Kimi a reason to race for red bull next year.
Best Overtake: Hamilton on Raul di Pesta.
Best Moment: The tires of the safety-car not exploding since that would probably have robbed us from those awesome last laps.
DRS + Tyres: Made the race exciting.

And the race in a sentence:
Tires that blow-up like that isnt really good for safety, i agree on that. But crazy races are entertaining for the casual fan, and for simple minded people like myself .

So 8/10-ish.

#21 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 17:33

Voted 1.

Track should be taken off the calendar for couple of years.

#22 rmpugh

rmpugh

• 292 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 17:37

By far the best race of the season. The last 12 laps were the most exciting ever, the battle between Lewis and Paul were reminiscent of Villeneuve and Arnoux in 1979, the tyre situation was on the edge, and best of all Vettel didn't finish. Hard to choose driver of the race. Lewis, Paul, Mark, Fernando and Nico all deserve 10/10. Felipe also deserves a special mention. So many great drives, I don't think any race could be as good as todays. A proper classic.

#23 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 17:44

8 for the race, 0 for tyre failures and actual/potential hazzards. DRS made overtaking easy with the rate Pirelli degraded... I guess a 4 overall will do.

#24 PretentiousBread

PretentiousBread

• 2,906 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 17:49

Have some integrity and withdraw from F1 on the basis that what is required of them is tarnishing their brand ... my clients dont set my minimum standards for me, I am in charge of that. My reputation is on the line, not theirs. No self respecticting manufacturer should ever agree to do what Pirelli have done .... and if they dont see that, I want them out.

:up: :up:

#25 Briz

Briz

• 453 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 17:51

Felt bad when Lewis tire exploded and then really terribly sad and disgusted when it happened to Massa too, not because of being a fan of them but because it was a disgrace and also life endangering. Then it happened again... and again. Was very nervous the whole race because of that. People who are happy that some driver didn't finish - what a shame, you're not f1 fans, go away

#26 Mr.Wayne

Mr.Wayne

• 583 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 17:57

The "race" today? A total farce... not like Monaco, though... this one was even worst: the drivers were out there, but with conditions like "don't use this part of the track, for which the car was setup to... instead, use alternative race lanes because the tyres are crap".
Not to mention, that having to use tyre pressures that totally made a mess of their car setups probably didn't help to make life easier to a bunch of them out there...

But hey, we got to see a messy end of the race, so I guess that somehow, that will be the image it will be sold after the charade from today. :down:

#27 BoschKurve

BoschKurve

• 1,525 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 17:58

I fell asleep around lap 30 and woke up when everyone was on the podium.

Rewatched what I missed, and all I can say is the standards people have for F1 are at an all-time low.

People are so desperate for something to happen, that they'll rate a race in which tires suffer catastrophic failure as a good race just because it is different. Seeing drivers actually racing for a few laps causes people to think more of the race.

People will accept anything so long as it has the F1 name attached to it.

#28 Kobasmashi

Kobasmashi

• 734 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 18:06

Best Driver: Hamilton. Looked a stick-on for the win, then recovered very strongly from his puncture.
Worst Driver: Chilton was pretty poor, but then I've come to expect that rather. I can't think of anyone being unusually bad.
Best Team: Mercedes seem to have finally found race pace to match their qualifying.
Best Overtake: The Hamilton-Di Resta scrap, some quality entertainment for the home fans
Best Moment: I thought the start was ace, shuffled the pack very much
DRS + Tyres: Well. Everything has probably already been said, I feared for a repeat of Indy 05
And the race in a sentence...: Despite the madness the race was very entertaining, I gave it a 7, although, obviously, there needs to be a major inquest on the tyres.

#29 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,341 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 18:15

Best Driver - Hamilton
Worst Driver - Pass
Best Team - Force India
Best Overtake - Alonso on Grosjean early on
Best Moment - The regular shots of Rosberg's girlfriend :) Probably the excitement at the end with Webber, Alonso and Hamilton coming through
DRS + Tyres - Seemed okay
And the race in a sentence... - Left rear puncture

#30 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,341 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 18:16

The "race" today? A total farce... not like Monaco, though... this one was even worst: the drivers were out there, but with conditions like "don't use this part of the track, for which the car was setup to... instead, use alternative race lanes because the tyres are crap".
Not to mention, that having to use tyre pressures that totally made a mess of their car setups probably didn't help to make life easier to a bunch of them out there...

But hey, we got to see a messy end of the race, so I guess that somehow, that will be the image it will be sold after the charade from today. :down:

You really thought that was worse than Monaco? Seriously? At least the drivers appeared to be pushing for most of the race unlike the first stint at Monaco where they were cruising.

#31 Barabas

Barabas

• 55 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 19:39

Best Driver Webber, nearly won it after the unfortunate damage early on
Worst Driver Chilton
Best Team Red Bull, were totally in control until Vettel's problem
Best Overtake Alonso early on I think Grosjean, Fred was on fire then
Best Moment Webber chasing for those last few laps
Worst Moment The crowds cheering when Vettel retired from the race, firmly puts the myth of the sporting british fans to bed
DRS + Tyres DRS made it a bit to easy to pass, let's wait and see what the outcome is of the investigation in the tyre failures
And the race in a sentence... Entertaining, some good racing and a shame the safety car stayed out too long at every incident

7/10

#32 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 19:43

Best Driver Hamilton who would have easily won without Pirelli
Worst Driver Sutil
Best Team Mercedes
Best Overtake Hamilton had many
Best Moment Last lap hoping for Lewis to catch Alonso and Vettel stopping
DRS + Tyres DRS ok- tires a joke
And the race in a sentence... good race but possibly only due to faulty tires - therefore I only gave the race a 4, because racing was artificial and more a lottery than a race

#33 Lambo

Lambo

• 45 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 19:45

Best Driver Hamitlon
Worst Driver Chilton
Best Team Mercedes
Best Overtake Hamilton on De Resta
Best Moment Vettel breaks down
DRS + Tyres DRS probably about right, tyres make a joke race having made the whole year a joke. This is not F1

Joke. Yes it was entertaining at the end but its all fake this is not touring cars

#34 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 20:05

Best overtake: Massa on Grosjean, you guys can see it in the replay of Perez' tyre blow.

Edited by Atreiu, 30 June 2013 - 20:05.

#35 Dunc

Dunc

• 924 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 20:18

Best: Hamilton, Webber a very close second.
Worst: Grosjean.
Team: Mercedes, just beating Force India.
Overtake: Hamilton on DiResta
Moment: Webber, Alonson and Hamilton on a late flurry. Hamilton and DiResta scrap alsonup there.
DRS & tyres: DRS wasn't a major issue. The tyre situation was a joke but I want to see the results of the investigation before calling for Pirelli to go, or similar.

#36 AM14

AM14

• 26 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 20:23

Best Driver: Lewis Hamilton, although several of the top drivers had really good races.
Worst Driver: Chilton/Van der Garde - both were a long way behind their teammates
Best Team: Mercedes - would probably have had a one-two if not for tyre failures
Best Overtake: Think it was Alonso who passed Raikkonen at Stowe, but I could be wrong
Best Moment: Vettel's retirement, simply because it makes the championship a bit more interesting.
DRS + Tyres: DRS was good, tyres were a joke.
And the race in a sentence... A good race, although the tyre failures did detract from it.

#37 superdelphinus

superdelphinus

• 3,175 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 20:27

Best Driver: difficult between webber and Hamilton, but I'd go for Hamilton for being further back and putting in some great moves
Worst Driver: chilton
Best Team: merc
Best Overtake: Hamilton on di resta
Best Moment: last 7 laps
DRS + Tyres: drs was ok, tyres a farce, obviously
And the race in a sentence... Those last few laps are what f1 can, and should be

#38 superdelphinus

superdelphinus

• 3,175 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 20:31

I assume there's 20 vettel fans voting here then

#39 Zoetrope

Zoetrope

• 1,408 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:09

Best Driver: Lewis all weekend
Worst Driver: Haven't paid attention to backmarkers. Noone from top 10 deserves a bad word
Best Team: Merc
Best Overtake: Hamilton vs Di Resta, not just the overtake but whole sequence. I very much enjoyed how Paul braked early into one corner to lose Lewis (cant remember which corner it was)
Best Moment: Lewis gaining spots one by one at the end
DRS + Tyres: DRS was very good, Tyres...
And the race in a sentence... Last laps were exciting with Webber, Alonso and Hamilton pushing but the tyres and safety cars made an awful watching experience for the majority of the race.

6/10

Edited by Zoetrope, 30 June 2013 - 22:09.

Advertisement

#40 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,794 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:40

2/10 an embarrassment for the sport. As long as teams are able to block changes and maintain this sham of a status quo then the sport is going to hell in a handcart.

#41 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 23:54

4/10 :down:

Best Driver: Hamilton. Strong weekend, and a strong recovery. Sure, he had help from the safety car situations, but he made the most of it. :up:
Worst Driver: Can't think of anyone, even the usual suspects seemed to behave decently today.
Best Team: Mercedes. Red Bull seemed quicker, but what's the point if you can't finish both your cars. That said, I'm curious to see the result of them going head to head in an event free of incidents and safety cars.
Best Overtake: Hamilton and Di Resta passing each other repeatedly was entertaining.
Best Moment: The event being neutralized for a number of laps because the battle of the tyres reached another exhilarating zenith. :rolleyes:
DRS + Tyres: I don't like DRS, and I think the less said about the tyres today the better. A total farce. Again: if teams can't influence the tyres, don't make them all-important. A very misguided approach by the FIA.
And the race in a sentence...: There was a lot of action, but I felt decidedly unmoved by most of it.

#42 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 00:05

I think people voting the extreme scores are 99% of times idiots over-reacting to something. Extreme scores are meant for extreme situations only. Today I vote 1. Tyre situation has gone out of control and totally ruined the race.

#43 mattferg

mattferg

• 847 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 00:08

Best Driver: Hamilton
Worst Driver: Alguersuari for representing Pirelli
Best Team: Red Bull
Best Overtake: Mark on everyone bar Rosberg at the end, maybe Hamilton on Di Resta
Best Moment: Seeing the crowd go mad when Hamilton's tyres burst
DRS + Tyres: DRS good, tyres wtf I don't even

"And Ferrari and Lotus said the tyres were too conservative..."

#44 senna da silva

senna da silva

• 5,750 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:48

Best Driver Lewis
Worst Driver Grosjean
Best Team Merc
Best Overtake Lewis on Paul
Best Moment The last four laps were edge of the seat stuff. I had a little schadenfreude at Seb's dnf.
DRS + Tyres DRS Ok, tyres not so much.
And the race in a sentence... Too much tyre drama!

Edited by senna da silva, 01 July 2013 - 01:49.

#45 Xeriks

Xeriks

• 1,131 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:48

Best Driver - Hamilton was pretty good all weekend
Worst Driver
Best Team - Mercedes, 1-2 in qualy, and showed that they've definitely improved their tyre deg in the race
Best Overtake - Hamilton overtaking Di Resta
Best Moment - I'm not sure if i can pick one moment, but seeing Alonso and Hamilton pull off an overtake every lap after the final SC was awesome
DRS + Tyres - DRS wasn't that bad actually, I feared the worst, and the tyres were awful
And the race in a sentence... EXPLOSIVE

Edited by Xeriks, 01 July 2013 - 03:48.

#46 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 17,651 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:22

Best Driver dunno, hard to tell due to tire differences.
Worst Driver Grojean around place 10 is an accident waiting to happen.
Best Team I would say Mercedes, but they test-cheated in my book, so my vote goes to Lotus for indeed giving Kimi a reason to switch to Red Bull
Best Overtake Most overtakes before lap 3 when DRS activates. After that, any overtake is tires and/or DRS-related so numb for me.
Best Moment When everyone survived. F1 has learned nothing from debris hitting drivers since the Massa accident in 2009.
DRS + Tyres I hate them both. DRS was absolutely unnecessary here and gave the defender no chance. Why do they use it at every track? Kimi went the same way as Schumacher a few years back. DRS dudes breeze past you. Pirelli as **** as ever, only now for the world to see.
And the race in a sentence... Major **** up by multple parties (Fia, Pirelli, teams).

Edited by SenorSjon, 01 July 2013 - 07:23.