Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Driver of the day (British GP)

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Who do you vote as driver of the day (181 member(s) have cast votes)

Driver of the day

1. Nico Rosberg (7 votes [3.87%])

Percentage of vote: 3.87%

2. Mark Webber (38 votes [20.99%])

Percentage of vote: 20.99%

3. Fernando Alonso (18 votes [9.94%])

Percentage of vote: 9.94%

4. Lewis Hamilton (75 votes [41.44%])

Percentage of vote: 41.44%

5. Felipe Massa (8 votes [4.42%])

Percentage of vote: 4.42%

6. Adrian Sutil (2 votes [1.10%])

Percentage of vote: 1.10%

7. Daniel Riccardo (7 votes [3.87%])

Percentage of vote: 3.87%

8. Paul Di Resta (1 votes [0.55%])

Percentage of vote: 0.55%

9. Sebastian Vettel (13 votes [7.18%])

Percentage of vote: 7.18%

10. Kimi Raikkonen (11 votes [6.08%])

Percentage of vote: 6.08%

11. Nico Hulkenberg (1 votes [0.55%])

Percentage of vote: 0.55%

12. Sergio Perez (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Fangiola

Fangiola

• 316 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:22

Now the British GP is over and the dust has settled. Who will you pick as the driver of the day.

Apologies Kimi fans but I think the strategy call in the end did not allow for him to be included in the list

Edited by Fangiola, 30 June 2013 - 21:52.

Advertisement

#2 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 12,278 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:23

no poll ? :)

#3 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:23

You should add a poll, but I would go for Lewis, but mention to Webber, Massa and Diresta

#4 Fangiola

Fangiola

• 316 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:28

You should add a poll, but I would go for Lewis, but mention to Webber, Massa and Diresta

Apologies Poll now added. I initially did so but then mistakenly cocked it up

#5 apoka

apoka

• 5,878 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:28

Looking at live timing and race, I believe Vettel and Rosberg + possibly Hamilton were drivers of the day (but may need to look at it in more detail). Alonso was very good as well after the first lap.

#6 ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer

• 87 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:29

Terrible list.

#7 apoka

apoka

• 5,878 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:29

Apologies Poll now added. I initially did so but then mistakenly cocked it up

No matter what you think, please add Kimi, Vettel and lots of other drivers.

Edited by apoka, 30 June 2013 - 21:29.

#8 KavB

KavB

• 1,592 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:30

I would say Massa with Hamilton close behind. Massa made a fantastic start which seems to have been forgotten by many and he made a great comeback after his tyre incident. Webber had a great comeback too but he came from the middle of the field which only occurred due to his poor start. Massa and Hamilton fell to the back of the field so I feel their fight back were a bit more impressive.

#9 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:30

Terrible list.

Who needs adding or removing?

#10 Fangiola

Fangiola

• 316 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:33

No matter what you think, please add Kimi, Vettel and lots of other drivers.

for the sake of peace. Done that now

#11 Zesus

Zesus

• 958 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:41

Webber, Hamilton, Raikkonen, Massa, Vettel

Edited by Zesus, 30 June 2013 - 21:41.

#12 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:42

What did Kimi do today to warrant driver of the day vote over the other candidates?

#13 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 12,278 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:42

massa and hamilton

#14 Fangiola

Fangiola

• 316 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:46

not sure why Kimi is getting votes at all

#15 Zesus

Zesus

• 958 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:48

What did Kimi do today to warrant driver of the day vote over the other candidates?

Actually, he was amazing until the last 11 laps when his team screwed him. I think he fought really hard every corner, had a great start and put himself in a really good position. He maybe isn't a driver of a day because it wasn't perfect whole race, but he was definitely one of the best drivers today.

#16 Fangiola

Fangiola

• 316 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:53

honestly speaking the Kimi votes are distorting this poll. Some element of fanboyism going on

#17 charly0418

charly0418

• 3,289 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:55

Massa was brilliant, he had the best start of the year so far.

#18 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:58

Massa was brilliant, he had the best start of the year so far.

Wierd how that turns out. Yesterday he was being called to be sacked.

#19 charly0418

charly0418

• 3,289 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:59

Wierd how that turns out. Yesterday he was being called to be sacked.

Its driver of the day not driver of the weekend :D

Advertisement

#20 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:01

oh I wasn't slamming Massa, but how hasty judgements can be made, pity he drove so well and still ended up behind Alonso through no fault of his own.

#21 DESCHAIN

DESCHAIN

• 190 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 22:17

Lewis Hamilton & Felipa Massa, recuperation races :up: .

Rosberg, Alonso, Force India duo and Ricciardo had a good Sunday too.

#22 Lelouch

Lelouch

• 610 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 23:04

Hamilton, all weekend.

#23 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 23:59

Hamilton.

#24 mattferg

mattferg

• 847 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 00:04

I'm a Vettel fan and even I voted for Hamilton - don't feel so bad about what happened to Vettel tbh because if we take away things out of our control it was Hamilton's race, not Seb's. Very different feeling to Valencia last year.

No clue why anyone's voting Alonso though tbh, his race was average at best, no impressive passes and he got passed a fair bit too. Didn't seem like the Fernando we all know and some love.

Edited by mattferg, 01 July 2013 - 00:04.

#25 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 4,459 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 00:30

Webber, Hamilton & Alonso. If I had to pick one i'd say Webber from turn 3 onwards. :smoking: Hamilton was awesome whilst Alonso got a great result in a car that had strugged for pace all weekend.

Edited by DILLIGAF, 01 July 2013 - 00:32.

#26 SpamJet

SpamJet

• 801 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 00:38

I voted for KR

#27 AustinF1

AustinF1

• 20,682 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:08

No clue why anyone's voting Alonso though tbh, his race was average at best, no impressive passes and he got passed a fair bit too. Didn't seem like the Fernando we all know and some love.

Probably because he started ninth, finished 3rd in a relatively slow car, and passed 5 cars in the last 10 laps to make the podium.

To me there's nothing between HAM, WEB, ALO, & MAS today. They were all stellar.

#28 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,220 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:09

Hamilton.

#29 BenettonB192

BenettonB192

• 869 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:29

Hamilton. Would have deserved the win today.

#30 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,226 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:13

Probably because he started ninth, finished 3rd in a relatively slow car, and passed 5 cars in the last 10 laps to make the podium.

I disagree: Alonso got the mother of all freebies today when, after being passed by his teammate at the start, three drivers running in front of him had tyre failures--two of these being the race leader and his teammate--before he was able to benefit from a safety car caused by his main title rival dropping out of the race and a subsequent strategy screw-up from his next-nearest rival's team (ironically a result of said safety car). Also, the Ferrari (as usual) was not 'relatively slow' in race trim--it was probably even with the Lotus but slightly slower than the RBR and Mercedes, though all three of those teams encountered problems today. Not to knock the quality of Alonso's drive, but without all that, it's not hard to imagine he wouldn't have been on the podium. Feel free to shoot me down here, but I just didn't think he was 'special' today.

To me there's nothing between HAM, WEB, ALO, & MAS today. They were all stellar.

Vettel belongs on that list, too, I think--Hamilton was probably best today, but certainly Vettel was at least as good as Massa and Alonso and better than Webber, no?

#31 andrewr

andrewr

• 338 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:19

I disagree: Alonso got the mother of all freebies today when, after being passed by his teammate at the start, three drivers running in front of him had tyre failures--two of these being the race leader and his teammate--before he was able to benefit from a safety car caused by his main title rival dropping out of the race and a subsequent strategy screw-up from his next-nearest rival's team (ironically a result of said safety car). Also, the Ferrari (as usual) was not 'relatively slow' in race trim--it was probably even with the Lotus but slightly slower than the RBR and Mercedes, though all three of those teams encountered problems today. Not to knock the quality of Alonso's drive, but without all that, it's not hard to imagine he wouldn't have been on the podium. Feel free to shoot me down here, but I just didn't think he was 'special' today.

Vettel belongs on that list, too, I think--Hamilton was probably best today, but certainly Vettel was at least as good as Massa and Alonso and better than Webber, no?

In that case why not add Rosberg? You think Massa and Alonso were better than Webber today?

#32 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,226 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:00

In that case why not add Rosberg? You think Massa and Alonso were better than Webber today?

Webber made hard work of his own race with his lousy start, while Massa came back from a harsher setback that was no fault of his own. So yeah, I think Massa did better than Webber, who would've finished second anyway had he not blown his start. I don't believe in the idea that a recovery from one's own fall is better than doing well right out of the gate in spite of setbacks. Webber did the former, Massa the latter.

I don't add Rosberg because he didn't look better than any of those five at any point during the race to me. Hamilton and Massa fought back from tyre disasters, Alonso and Webber lost positions on their starts but redeemed themselves later on, and Vettel made a great start and never put a foot wrong. Rosberg lost a position at the start and never looked like he was going to get it back--all the others either gained or broke even wheras Rosberg didn't and only won because Vettel and Hamilton suffered problems.

It's just my opinion, either way.

#33 andrewr

andrewr

• 338 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:24

Webber made hard work of his own race with his lousy start, while Massa came back from a harsher setback that was no fault of his own. So yeah, I think Massa did better than Webber, who would've finished second anyway had he not blown his start. I don't believe in the idea that a recovery from one's own fall is better than doing well right out of the gate in spite of setbacks. Webber did the former, Massa the latter.

Fair enough, although there is some evidence to suggest that the bad start was beyond Webber's control.

#34 karne

karne

• 2,040 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:45

Webber made hard work of his own race with his lousy start, while Massa came back from a harsher setback that was no fault of his own.

It's not like Webber's situation was his fault either. If you actually watch the starts, he jumps beautifully - and then the car bogs down. That's a car problem, not driver error. Being mugged by Grosjean in T1 probably didn't help either.

Webber and Hamilton were amazing. Oh, got shoved to the back? No worries! CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!

#35 AustinF1

AustinF1

• 20,682 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:48

It's not like Webber's situation was his fault either. If you actually watch the starts, he jumps beautifully - and then the car bogs down. That's a car problem, not driver error. Being mugged by Grosjean in T1 probably didn't help either.

Webber and Hamilton were amazing. Oh, got shoved to the back? No worries! CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!

We don't know that. It could be driver error or a car problem, but we really don't know.

#36 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:53

Why Vettel has 7 votes while he would easly win it if not DNF, outqualified teammate and had great start to the race?

and Raikkonen's votes. lol

We don't know that. It could be driver error or a car problem, but we really don't know.

I would stick with it being a car related tbh. I don't have a proof, but a general gutt feeling. Also we need to consider that how well was performing on starts in 2 last weekends Webber. He isn't bad at starts but something is terrible wrong with Webber + RBR combination, at least at the start

Edited by Shiroo, 01 July 2013 - 03:55.

#37 andrewr

andrewr

• 338 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:59

I would stick with it being a car related tbh. I don't have a proof, but a general gutt feeling. Also we need to consider that how well was performing on starts in 2 last weekends Webber. He isn't bad at starts but something is terrible wrong with Webber + RBR combination, at least at the start

Again not proof, but Webber himself said that it was a problem with the car.

#38 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,766 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:12

Lot of good drivers today - Hamilton, Vettel, Rosberg, Webber, Alonso, Massa - all of them did a really good job.