- - - - -

In memorium

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BillyWhizz

BillyWhizz

• 850 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:35

Two more drivers this weekend paid the ultimate price for following their dreams and passions.

In County Waterford driver Paul Mulcahy died following a crash on Saturday on the Raven's Rock Rally stages.

Soon afterwards, news came of another tragedy when in France on the Circuit Paul Ricard, Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo driver Andrea Mamé died this morning after a suffering fatal injuries in a multi-car accident.

Last weekend Allan Simonsen died in the early minutes of the 24 Heures du Mans.

I would just like to say RIP and to salute them for having the spirit which took them racing.

Advertisement

#2 Andrew Hope

Andrew Hope

• 7,911 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 21:54

There are two threads in the Nostalgia forum for this kind of thing.

#3 BillyWhizz

BillyWhizz

• 850 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:06

How very nice of you.

These incidents happened this weekend, last weekend, and sadly will happen in weekends to come. Where I got my education, I was of the understanding that nostalgia is related to people, things or experiences of the past.

These people were not nostalgia yesterday morning when they woke up to go racing.

So I'm terribly sorry/not bothered if 'this kind of thing' offends your sensibilities by mentioning the passing of racing people here on Racing Comments.

Edited by BillyWhizz, 01 July 2013 - 12:07.

#4 Sardukar

Sardukar

• 692 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:08

so you don't know what nostalgia means i take it?

#5 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 15,958 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:09

It is more a point of not making new threads for every fatalaty that happens. There is a lot of them. In the nostalgia forum, there are threads for noting down who's lost their life, and to remember them.

#6 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:11

Thread is fine, and thank you for remaining me how dangerous this sport really is.

#7 UPRC

UPRC

• 4,716 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:23

RIP to those brave men who died doing what they loved. Best wishes to their families.