Photo
- - - - -

Rate the German GP!

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate the German GP! (253 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate the German GP!

1. 1 (worst) (8 votes [3.16%])

Percentage of vote: 3.16%

2. 2 (1 votes [0.40%])

Percentage of vote: 0.40%

3. 3 (5 votes [1.98%])

Percentage of vote: 1.98%

4. 4 (8 votes [3.16%])

Percentage of vote: 3.16%

5. 5 (59 votes [23.32%])

Percentage of vote: 23.32%

6. 6 (19 votes [7.51%])

Percentage of vote: 7.51%

7. 7 (28 votes [11.07%])

Percentage of vote: 11.07%

8. 8 (53 votes [20.95%])

Percentage of vote: 20.95%

9. 9 (54 votes [21.34%])

Percentage of vote: 21.34%

10. 10 (18 votes [7.11%])

Percentage of vote: 7.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Zoetrope

Zoetrope

• 1,408 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 14:40

Best Driver Vettel
Worst Driver Did Nico actually disobey team orders? But I am Lewis fan, so I might be biased.
Best Team RBR and Lotus fastest, but both made mistakes. RBR spoiled Mark's race and Lotus should let Kimi chase Seb
Best Overtake Kimi on Rosberg
Best Moment Bianchi's car rolling down the road :rotfl:
DRS + Tyres DRS ok. Tyres, pretty ok.
And the race in a sentence... Just a very good race with exciting finish :)

9/10 - very good as for this year's standards.

Advertisement

#2 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 14:42

Best Driver: Top 3
Worst Driver: Hmm can't pick
Best Team: RBR
Moment: Bianchi's car. Man that was funny but thats pretty unsafe
DRS + Tyres: Both really ok
Good race

9/10

#3 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 14:48

I gave it 8.

I have no rational reasons for that rating, it's just that I am happy that Seb got monkey off his back in Canada and in Germany. Attaboy!

I should add - best moment - and we are off, ladies and gentlemen, and in T1, Vettel LEADS! Mama mia.

Edited by Sakae, 07 July 2013 - 15:03.

#4 np93

np93

• 115 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 14:56

Best Driver: Vettel was pretty faultless today, but Grosjean and Raikkonen were very strong

Worst Driver: Vergne had a pretty poor weekend, and Ricciardo couldn't keep it up.The Caterhams get an honourable mention for failing to heed blue flags.

Best Team: Red Bull and Lotus are ruled out, so I'll go for Mclaren maximising their opportunities.

Best Moment: The last 10 laps were pretty riveting.

DRS + Tyres: Pretty good, DRS didn't make it too easy, and tyres forced some interesting strategies.

The Race in a Sentence: Great win for Sebastian, overshadowed by some pretty unsafe moments.

8/10

#5 P123

P123

• 23,959 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 14:59

8/10- tense race, great drive from Vettel. And DRS for once seemed just about correct, with drivers still having to work the pass under braking rather than the motorway passes we have seen at places such as Malaysia and China.

Red Bull deserve some form of punishment (no doubt financial) for that pit release.

Edited by P123, 07 July 2013 - 15:00.

#6 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:09

Best Driver Vettel
Worst Driver nobody really bad (Edit: Now that Massa said that he made a mistake and spun the car out, this award goes to him)
Best Team RBR - Mark´s pitstop aside
Best Overtake Hulk on di Resta in the last lap
Best Moment final laps
DRS + Tyres both solid
And the race in a sentence... finally a simple race

8/10 - good and real racing

Edited by seahawk, 08 July 2013 - 06:03.

#7 rmpugh

rmpugh

• 292 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:19

Best driver Grosjean
Worst driver Dunno. Most drivers were pretty good today.
Best team Lotus
Best moment Finding out that the cameraman was ok.

Altogether, a pretty **** race. Grosjean forced to let Kimi past again, and finger boy winning. If Kimi is so good he shouldn't need to have Grosjean let him past race after race. If it weren't for the SC, RG was favourite for the win.

#8 Zesus

Zesus

• 958 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:24

Best Driver: Vettel, Raikkonen
Worst Driver: Rosberg
Best Team: Lotus
Best Overtake: Kimi on Rosberg
Best Moment: Bianchi's car
DRS + Tyres: it was ok

I enjoyed this race. My rating 9/10

#9 Gorma

Gorma

• 2,713 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:26

Worst Driver: Rosberg
Best Team: Lotus
Best Overtake: Kimi on Rosberg
Best Moment: Bianchi's car
DRS + Tyres: it was ok

I enjoyed this race. My rating 9/10

Same here, but I think that Massa was the worst driver.

#10 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:28

Rated it 6/10.

Best Driver: Vettel; his race didn't allow for much edge-of-the-seat action, but he did good.
Worst Driver: Bianchi for driving all the way up to the chicane, and then parking his car inches from the track. What was he going to do? Have the pitcrew fix the engine by changing the nose? Park the darn thing, which has no business being in F1 in the first place, somewhere safe already! :down:
Best Team: Red Bull. Strongest where it mattered; controlling the pace at the front.
Best Overtake: Didn't see anything really exciting.
Best Moment: The hilarity of Mercedes trying to work out the Rosberg-Hamilton situation after the first stop. Hint: this wasn't the way to do it.
DRS + Tyres: DRS will always be a joke. Tyres seemed to hold up well, and thankfully without the ridiculous difference between harder and softer compounds that we've seen in the past.
And the race in a sentence: Decent F1 race, nothing really memorable. FIA safety car rules once again show themselves in need of a serious overhaul.

Edited by Nonesuch, 07 July 2013 - 15:28.

#11 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 33,682 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:28

Best Driver Button. Hamilton/Vettel/Hulk also very good. Lotus drivers too. Lot of good drive today.
Worst Driver Chilton
Best Team McLaren. I wouldn't vote RBR because of Webber and they didn't win it no more than Lotus lost it.
Best Overtake Hamilton on Button
Best Moment Apparently Kimi had another funny radio call, expertly relayed by Ted Kravitz
DRS + Tyres Depends on the cars. Some cars it was over powered, some it wasn't. Tyres were brilliant, drivers could push.
And the race in a sentence... what we have waited for all season.

I gave it a 7.

Edited by TomNokoe, 07 July 2013 - 15:30.

#12 greenman

greenman

• 1,565 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:36

I enjoyed this race a lot, despite not liking the results (less for my dislike of Vettel, more for the championship's sake)

Best drivers: A number of them had very good races I thought. Vettel didn't put a foot wrong, both Lotuses has great races and could have won with a different strategy (and I think Grosjean got unlucky with the SC), Alonso also did well to be so close at the end...
Best moment: The final laps were exciting, though a bit disheartening when it became obvious Kimi wasn't gaining enough time on Vettel.
Best overtake: There were a couple of great ones on the outside of turn 3 (it is turn 3 right?), but I genuinely don't remember the drivers...
DRS + Tyres: It didn't make me change my mind about DRS, but it wasn't that bad. I don't like seeing pitstops after 5-6 laps, but other than that, this is generally what I want and expect from Pirelli - different strategies possible, one compound slower than the other but lasting longer... It was the reason for an exciting race.
9/10

#13 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,341 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:40

Best Driver - I'll say Grosjean - I think he might have won the race without the safety car
Worst Driver I guess one of the Caterham boys if they had the kind of impact on Button's result he suggested they had
Best Team - Lotus
Best Overtake - Hamilton on Button
Best Moment - The exciting fight at the front
DRS + Tyres - Fine
And the race in a sentence... - A very good yet strange race and I want to add that the FIA needs to stop investigating so much after the race and also needs to stop this nonsense of letting lapped cars unlap themselves during a SC period.

7/10

Edited by Jon83, 07 July 2013 - 15:41.

#14 ThadGreen

ThadGreen

• 2,445 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:41

Best Driver Too close to call, most of the top 10 finishers did a good job
Worst Driver No one seemed seemed bad enough for that distinction
Best Team Perhaps Lotus or McLaren
Best Overtake Webber working his way through the field
Best Moment When the Safety Car pulled off the track
DRS + Tyres DRS DRS is now the norm and the tyres made for an interesting race with the different strategies
And the race in a sentence... I enjoyed it especially the last 10 laps gave it an 8

#15 mnmracer

mnmracer

• 1,972 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:43

Best Driver: Vettel, flawless
Worst Driver: no one really stood out
Best Team: Lotus, despite not maximizing their tactical advantage
Best Overtake: Rosberg on Ricciardo and (?) in turn 3
Best Moment: Kimi and Alonso pitting, indicating we were gonna have a fight to the end!
And the race in a sentence...: different strategies at the front meant we never knew who was going to take it.
10/10

#16 EvanRainer

EvanRainer

• 1,364 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:46

If Massa's spin really was driver error as it appears to be right now, that easily makes Massa worst driver of the day as it was a terrible mistake for a driver of this level

#17 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,341 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:48

If Massa's spin really was driver error as it appears to be right now, that easily makes Massa worst driver of the day as it was a terrible mistake for a driver of this level

It would be nice to see a replay.

#18 Dispenser89

Dispenser89

• 3,460 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:49

Best Driver: Grosjean just ahead of Vettel, Raikkonen, Webber, the McLaren drivers and the Hulk.
Best Team: Lotus.
Best Overtake: Perez did a tasty one round the outside of Maldonado in turn 2.
Best Moment: The laps before the safety car with Grosjean chasing down Vettel. The final laps were pretty interesting too with the battle at the front and seeing how many points the drivers on soft tyres could claw back.
DRS + Tyres: DRS was ok. Tyres were decent.
And the race in a sentence: Decent for once. Good 7.

#19 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 5,630 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:54

9/10

Highest rating have given a grand prix all season. Best race in a long time.

Good action mixed with flat out racing. Really pleased the Soft tyre is back.

Advertisement

#20 Sin

Sin

• 2,042 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:56

Best Driver Seb
Worst Driver I can't really say they all done as well as they could
Best Team Lotus for there brilliant strategic move of Grosjean... that nearly cost Seb his victory
Best Overtake can't say... none stood out to me in particular
Best Moment Seb winning, crossing the finish line... his radio message to it
DRS + Tyres Tyres seem to be better at least they didnt seem to be a topic this time
And the race in a sentence... Oh my god the best ever, I totally shivered and the emotions and I was dizzy just wanted Seb to win... and winning he did

10/10

#21 Linear90

Linear90

• 28 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 16:04

Best Driver Vettel. Did he put a wheel wrong? Highly doubt it.
Worst Driver Maybe not the worst, but Im dissapointed with Sutil's showing.
Best Team Hard to tell. I actually think McLaren did a good job at bringing home their cars in6th and 8th. They arent on front-runner pace but did beat those that they can beat. Had Button kept 5th it would've been even more impressive! Only thing that hurt them was the sc I guess. Could both drivers might've finished higher up if they had pitted? Both RBR and Lotus were very good too. Minor mistakes from both.
Best Overtake Was seen in GP2. Some very good moments of racing but no single epic pass that stands out above the rest in my eyes.
Best Moment Seeing Grosjean coming back into it. He is a quick driver but has been holding back all season, almost looking scared at times. But seeing him being confident the tires had life left in them and going for that very long first stint. Wonder what could've happened if Bianchi's car hadnt rolled onto the track? Could he have made use of that later on?
DRS + Tyres DRS- Didnt annoy me as much as it usually did. They s/f-line zone is not needed, ans the other one was okay as it helped to a few overtakes for cara that were apparently faster. Tires- Best Pirelli-tires we've seen.
And the race in a sentence... Close racing on one of the best tracks on the calendar.

10/10 - Exciting until the end. Too bad Mark lost his wheel, or it wouldve been even closer fight possibly. And the same thing goes for Merc not being able to keep good race pace. Had Massa's car not broken we could've had a really epic race. Im really hoping we get at least one race this season where all top four teams are even on pace and every driver performs like the top four guys did today.

#22 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 7,032 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 16:15

I like the result but the GP was kind of boring. Raikkonen chasing down Vettel with 3 laps to go was the highlight. I give it a "5".

#23 ANF

ANF

• 29,522 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 16:17

6/10. Too many pit stops for my liking. And what looked like it was going to be a great race was destroyed by the safety car situation that was caused by unbelievably poor marshalling.

#24 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 16:23

Worst Driver: Caterham duo
Best Team: Lotus/Red Bull - the first faulted for strategy errors, the second for that horrendous unsafe release, but apart from those things, good job
Best overtake: Vettel on Hamilton
Best Moment: Vettel Wins! Kimi Second!!
DRS + Tyres: DRS - never have liked it, see no reason to start, even where it helps my drivers, next race it hurts them, so...; tyres - much better!
Race: Pressured leader, close finish, awesome crowd, festive man in a whacky suit doing whacky interviews, Nice seeing Norbert about, great race.

#25 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 16:25

Best one liner: (paraphrasing) I was lucky that race was only 60 laps and not 61 (Vettel). :D

#26 Barabas

Barabas

• 55 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 16:29

Best Driver: Sebastian Vettel, drive of a soon to be 4x WDC
Worst Driver: Massa unless he had some technical issues
Best Team: Red Bull and Lotus although not flawless, Macca had a positive afternoon as well
Best Overtake: Kimi had a couple of nice overtakes
Best Moment: Rosberg showing Lewis and the team that he's no push-over :up:
DRS + Tyres: both were fine, well done Pirelli
And the race in a sentence... : very entertaining as it should be and Normal Service Resumed  ;)

8/10

#27 SUPRAF1

SUPRAF1

• 400 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 16:32

Best Driver Seb
Worst DriverChilton
Best Team N/A

I gave it a 6, but that might be because the Nurburgring is my most disliked circuit (Because I suck at it in all racing games :( )

#28 Snic

Snic

• 571 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 16:43

Sorry, I didn't notice this was already up, too busy watching Wimbledon :lol:

Edited by Snic, 07 July 2013 - 16:44.

#29 speednerd

speednerd

• 80 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 19:06

Best Driver: All of the top 3.
Worst Driver: No obvious answer here.
Best Team: Red Bull aside from the mechanic error and Lotus aside from the Team Order.
Best Overtake: 18 cars overtaken in half a lap. That has to be a record of some kind :lol:
Best Moment: The podium with the banter.
DRS + Tyres: Excellent :up:
And the race in a word... : Superb.

9/10

#30 joshb

joshb

• 3,387 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 20:16

Best Driver: Vettel- was supreme under the most immense pressure of the Lotus cars and the history books. Hamilton, Grosjean, Hulk and Button all did well too
Worst Driver: Gutierrez was well of his team mate all weekend but few shockers out there
Best Team: McLaren. When was the last time they got this award!
Best Overtake: Kimi on Hamilton into the chicane 1st time was good
Best Moment: Vettel crossing the line, or seeing Bianchi's car roll down was amusing
DRS + Tyres: Fine, no problem, even though I thought before 1 DRS zone on the run to the Dunlop Hairpin would've sufficed
And the race in a word... : Gripping

9/10

only missed a 10 due to excessively long SC period and the cameraman getting hurt

Edited by joshb, 07 July 2013 - 20:17.

#31 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,794 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 20:36

Best Driver Vettel, had it in hand i feel, could've dealt with an eariler assault from kimi (whose tyres, i suspect, were weary anyway)
Worst Driver An honourable mention to the Marussia driver for forgetting what happens when you leave a car on a hill in neutral......no-one really stands out on reflection, maybe Nico.
Best Team RBR probably, although the Webber stop was a let-down, everyone elses stops were poor too and RBR (the fubar aside) showed why they win so much in the lane
Best Overtake not one to single out, but the two-wide racing in the first loop always rewards.
Best Moment Jenson winking to camera after pwning Brundle for the lolz :)
DRS + Tyres not significant thankfully
And the race in a sentence... Absorbing if a little disjointed.

7/10

#32 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 16,489 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 20:43

Great race, perhaps only an 8 because of the stupid current SC rules, why just not put the lapped cars behind the unlapped cars?

Best Driver: it's between Vettel, Raikkonen and Grosjean - all top drives. I give it to Romain because he must have been under quite some pressure. Kudos to Jenson as well!
Worst Driver: if it really was his fault, it must be Massa
Best Team: Lotus. Did what they could.
Best Overtake: Kimi on Hamilton indeed!
Best Moment: the last few laps showed top drivers at their best :up:
DRS + Tyres: DRS pretty good. I'm not a fan of 6/7 lap tyres but it did lead to some intriguing permutations
And the race in a word... : Hot!

Worst moment: that tyre running loose. We were very lucky today.....

Edited by scheivlak, 07 July 2013 - 20:48.

#33 Barabas

Barabas

• 55 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 20:45

Worst Driver An honourable mention to the Marussia driver for forgetting what happens when you leave a car on a hill in neutral......

Really?? From the regulations

30.5 A driver who abandons a car must leave it in neutral or with the clutch disengaged, with the
KERS shut down and with the steering wheel in place.

:rolleyes:

The car stayed on it's spot perfectly fine when he got out of it and he followed the regs to leave it in neutral

#34 Kobasmashi

Kobasmashi

• 734 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 20:48

I have it a 5, I just thought it didn't quite excite me. Vettel was never under any real pressure from the halfway stage onwards, I think he always had it under control. And my favourite driver went backwards from pole, which is always disappointing.

Best Driver: I'd say Vettel but a shoutout to Grosjean, he really needed a race like this, I would have liked to see his reaction post race but I had switched to the tennis.
Worst Driver: Massa. Yet another spin, that looked like driver error again. He's found his speed this year, but lost his ability to keep it on the black stuff
Best Team: Lotus. Improved quali pace, then had the fastest car in the race. Sadly though I don't think they'll be able to maintain this challenge, they seem very dependent on hot track temperatures.
Best Moment: I thought Grosjean's first stint was amazing, he seemed to have a different type of tyre than everyone else!
DRS and tyres: DRS was fine, the second zone was ineffective. I thought the gap between the compounds was too great for proper strategies, the teams just tried to avoid the softs.
The race in a sentence: Not a classic.

#35 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,794 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 20:48

Really?? From the regulations

:rolleyes:

The car stayed on it's spot perfectly fine when he got out of it and he followed the regs to leave it in neutral

he went back to the car after that, i assumed to put it into neutral so it could be moved, at which point it did.....of its own accord unfortunately. I know the regulation mate, i just think given that it's a fairly steep slope at that point there's a little bit of logic to waiting until it's on the rope before you knock it out of gear.

:rolleyes: indeed

#36 Zoetrope

Zoetrope

• 1,408 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 21:19

I have it a 5, I just thought it didn't quite excite me. Vettel was never under any real pressure from the halfway stage onwards, I think he always had it under control. And my favourite driver went backwards from pole, which is always disappointing.

Oh, cmon. I am also disappointed with Hamilton's result, but it was the first race with a real battle for 1st this season (Webber turned his engine down in Malaysia, so it doesn't count in my books). Vettel was clearly struggling with the tyres in comparision to Lotuses, yet he put great laps into the final stage. It certainly wasn't a walk in the park for him.

#37 Barabas

Barabas

• 55 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 21:24

he went back to the car after that, i assumed to put it into neutral so it could be moved, at which point it did.....of its own accord unfortunately. I know the regulation mate, i just think given that it's a fairly steep slope at that point there's a little bit of logic to waiting until it's on the rope before you knock it out of gear.

:rolleyes: indeed

I did not see/know that so apologies

If that was the case of course it would have been better to wait until it was on the rope
That said drivers should not return to their car after they abandon it anyway

#38 Cyanide

Cyanide

• 5,315 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 21:31

Best Driver: Very hard to say. Top 3.
Worst Driver: Bianchi. Come on, man, pull the hand brake before jumping out the car.
Best Team: Lotus. Could have done a better job with the strategy, but it's easy to criticize after the race.
Best Overtake: Kimi on Hamilton
Best Moment: Last 10 laps and the anticipation of whether Kimi would catch Vettel. Ultimately disappointed he didn't.
DRS and Tyres: No tyre explosions = :up:

8/10. Best race in a while.

#39 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,794 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 21:47

I did not see/know that so apologies

If that was the case of course it would have been better to wait until it was on the rope
That said drivers should not return to their car after they abandon it anyway

no worries :up:

Advertisement

#40 GiancarloF1

GiancarloF1

• 925 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 21:51

Worst driver award should be given to Rosberg. That was a poor showing for the car he had.

And voted 1/10. This is a given vote for any race with this type of teamorders.

#41 Sin

Sin

• 2,042 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 22:00

Worst Driver: Bianchi. Come on, man, pull the hand brake before jumping out the car.

There is no Handbrake in a Formula 1 car.... rtl commented on that

#42 michal2009b

michal2009b

• 86 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 23:44

Best Driver: Anyone from the top seven, but I'll go for Vettel, because he won
Worst Driver: Massa for spinning out :/
Best Team: Lotus, the only team to have both drivers at the front and not wasting many points
Best Overtake: Another too close to call
Best Moment: Lotuses chasing down Vettel from half-distance
DRS + Tyres: Very good, best of the year so far.
And the race in a sentence... Nurburgring never disappoints in terms of entertaining/tension, but there were much better days for Ferrari fans

8.5/10 - Following thrilling British GP another great race and without tyre failures :)

#43 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 11,079 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 23:49

Best Driver Romain Grosjean
Worst Driver Max Chilton
Best Team Lotus
Best Overtake Raikkönen on Rosberg
Best Moment Bianchi
DRS + Tyres DRS both tyres & DRS provided excellent racing
And the race in a sentence... exciting stuff! thank you Pirelli for a great race

#44 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 23:54

Best race of the season thanks to the multiple competitive/intersecting strategies, well measured DRS zones, tyres holding up well (unless fit on a Mercedes), real battles for position and nice balance between overtaking and defensive driving. It would have got a ten had Kimi won.

#45 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 00:05

8/10

Not a ton of overtaking, yet still edge-of-seat stuff throughout.

#46 Les

Les

• 2,116 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 00:12

Best Driver Kimi Raikonnen
Worst Driver Three way tie between Chilton, Massa and Bianchi (great season but a pretty dangerous mistake to leave his car rolling across the track).
Best Team Lotus
Best Overtake Can't remember right now sorry!
Best Moment Old school engine failure. Made me feel nostalgic for Hockenheim in the 90s.
DRS + Tyres DRS both worked well for once.

9/10 proper full-on race.

#47 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 00:34

You cant blame Bianchi for that.

#48 Blackmore

Blackmore

• 152 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 00:36

I think there was some proper racing going on. Reminded me of the 2010 season kind of racing. Drivers pushing hard all race and still close battles for the top positions. When the Pirelli tyres don't dominate a race, the race becomes a race instead of a lottery or Russian Roulette.

8/10.

#49 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 00:47

I think there was some proper racing going on. Reminded me of the 2010 season kind of racing. Drivers pushing hard all race and still close battles for the top positions. When the Pirelli tyres don't dominate a race, the race becomes a race instead of a lottery or Russian Roulette.

8/10.

This race was ALL about tires.

#50 Blackmore

Blackmore

• 152 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:10

This race was ALL about tires.

I think it was about tyre strategy (like all races), not the tyres dominating so much that they limited the drivers from pushing. In fact we saw the most pushing this year in a race with Melbourne.