- - - - -

Felix Rosenqvist: anything beyond F3?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mnmracer

mnmracer

• 1,972 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:57

In all fairness, I don't really follow Formula 3, but last weekend, with the Masters of Formula 3 on the beautiful Zandvoort track, I saw a familiar name: Felix Rosenqvist, the Swede who also won the race in 2011. I wondered though, why have I not heard more of him? Valtteri Bottas, who is the only previous double winner of the Masters of F3, did it back-to-back and then moved on. Felix has yet to win a F3 championship, despite being in Formula 3 for four years now. Have there been other drivers that spent so much time in F3, with the occasional peak, without being on the radar to move up?

Advertisement

#2 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 11,068 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:56

Yes, in the past ('70s, '80, '90s) it was normal for drivers to be some time in F3. Nowaday's drivers are expected to go through the junior formula's much faster as the the past, as a result drivers are entering F1 at a much younger average age, not sure if that's a good thing. A notable driver that spent 3 years in the F3 Euroseries without much succes was Giedo van der Garde. He ended twice 9th and in his 3rd season 6th overall.