Photo

who remembers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 billlawrence

billlawrence

• 165 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:56

HI All just to get things going who remember the two British riders in the 1960s who went off to race in Russia incredible when you think of the politics of the time I remember one chap was Mike Cook .And one more can anyone remember a chap from Ceylon who used to race a 50cc Itom at Brands Hatch in the 1960s well that should get some of you thinking.
Bill Lawrence

Advertisement

#2 Russell Burrows

Russell Burrows

• 6,529 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 14:10

HI All just to get things going who remember the two British riders in the 1960s who went off to race in Russia incredible when you think of the politics of the time I remember one chap was Mike Cook .And one more can anyone remember a chap from Ceylon who used to race a 50cc Itom at Brands Hatch in the 1960s well that should get some of you thinking.
Bill Lawrence

I don't recall the Asian Itom pilot. The Ruski thing was discussed here a few years ago but I can't now find it or recall any of the detail. I do remember one of the guys writing about their exploits in one of the comics. Also, my rapidly fading memory is kinda telling me that someone from that part of the world posted something to the effect that they had seen the westerners out there, or knew someone who had......Hope I haven't dreamt that last bit.

Edited by Russell Burrows, 31 July 2013 - 14:14.

#3 Herr Wankel

Herr Wankel

• 941 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:23

I don't recall the Asian Itom pilot. The Ruski thing was discussed here a few years ago but I can't now find it or recall any of the detail. I do remember one of the guys writing about their exploits in one of the comics. Also, my rapidly fading memory is kinda telling me that someone from that part of the world posted something to the effect that they had seen the westerners out there, or knew someone who had......Hope I haven't dreamt that last bit.

Wonder if the Ceylon rider could have been author Chris Pereira ! I know that Jean-Claude Castella won a race in Moscow in the late 60s on his Rennsport outfit.

HW

#4 billlawrence

billlawrence

• 165 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:03

Wonder if the Ceylon rider could have been author Chris Pereira ! I know that Jean-Claude Castella won a race in Moscow in the late 60s on his Rennsport outfit.

HW

No thats not him if someone has an old Brands program from around 64-65 they should find him in the 50cc race of course I could have been dreaming Bill Lawrence