* * * * - 30 votes

Kimi to Ferrari?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4013 replies to this topic

#51 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 6,085 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:17

Didn't he also get along well with RB on the podium?

But if Kimi said his decision will look stupid it can't be Red Bull.

Some think it's stupid to go Red Bull as it's Vettels team....

Advertisement

#52 Module

Module

• 673 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:18

From beginning of July:

"Stefano Domenicali shocked Ferrari-fans in a video-interview last week by naming Fernando Alonso and Kimi Räikkönen as his most closest drivers.

Domenicali was asked which two drivers he would choose if he had his own ‘F1-team’.

– Fernando and Kimi, Domenicali replied without justifying it.

He was also asked which driver beside the driver-duo Alonso and Felipe Massa he likes most.

– Kimi Räikkönen, Domenicali assured."

:rotfl:

4 weeks will pass by in no time with Silly Season!!

#53 Lone

Lone

• 659 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:20

It's like a page-turner chrime/thriller book. Twists everywhere.

Spot on!

#54 SealTheDiffuser

SealTheDiffuser

• 972 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:21

Kimi to McLaren? that would look stupid

#55 Oho

Oho

• 7,734 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:23

Kimi to McLaren? that would look stupid

Well Staying at Lotus also seems stupid, for Kimi that is, Lotus regardless of what his contract says apparently has him working for peanuts. No wonder they want to keep him.

#56 Massa

Massa

• 4,378 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:25

From beginning of July:

"Stefano Domenicali shocked Ferrari-fans in a video-interview last week by naming Fernando Alonso and Kimi Räikkönen as his most closest drivers.

Domenicali was asked which two drivers he would choose if he had his own ‘F1-team’.

– Fernando and Kimi, Domenicali replied without justifying it.

He was also asked which driver beside the driver-duo Alonso and Felipe Massa he likes most.

– Kimi Räikkönen, Domenicali assured."

4 weeks will pass by in no time with Silly Season!!

It's not a news that Domenicalli love Raikkonen.

#57 noikeee

noikeee

• 9,806 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:28

I don't know if the Bild journos are trolling us, if it's a play from Kimi's managers or Ferrari's management, or if it's an actual genuine offer, but what I do know is that I was feeling pretty damn gloomy this morning and this "news" cheered me up. Thanks for that, Bild, truly appreciated.

It's so ridiculous I almost want it to happen, although I'm pretty confident the Ferrari isn't going to be the car to beat next year (most likely the RBR or the Merc), and Alonso is the worst possible team-mate you can have (if indeed the move is just to replace Massa and Alonso isn't off to RBR). So it wouldn't be the right move for "my" driver at all. But, f*ck it. The allmighty self-appointed arrogant owners of F1 pleading to hire back the champion driver they sacked at the price of a small country's GDP just a few years earlier? Yes please. :lol:

#58 Putnik

Putnik

• 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:28

I don't have a clue, but it's the best silly season ever.

It would be a nice anticlimax if Kimi and Romain stayed at Lotus and Alonso and Massa at Ferrari. Oh, and RB convinced Webber not to retire after all and to continue pairing Vettel.

#59 Niceone

Niceone

• 668 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:30

Would love to see Kimi & Fernando at Ferrari next year..and Kimi taking WDC. That could hurt someone's ego.

I still say that Ferrari paying 15M for Raikkonen's tractor pulling year is more likely than Raikkonen driving for Ferrari next year.

Edited by Niceone, 31 July 2013 - 09:37.

Advertisement

#60 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 2,971 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:46

Regarding the often mentioned "It might look stupid to some people"-quote, it's noteworthy that Räikkönen also said "For sure some people will think I made the right choice, others will think it was the wrong one". That means it's not like his decision will, from the outside, look like a completely unreasonable one (which, frankly, the Ferrari option would).

Additionally, he's frequently talking about a contract that will go beyond his F1 career, so I really wonder how Ferrari (or McLaren for that matter) would fit into that. Ferrari or Santander motocross sponsoring? McLaren icehockey team? The only squad that fits the bill in this regard is Red Bull or, to a lesser degree, Infinity Racing, and that's why I still think the decision will be made between Lotus and Red Bull, with a slight tendency towards the latter.

Edited by Jovanotti, 31 July 2013 - 09:47.

#61 redreni

redreni

• 2,831 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:49

Kimi is unsuitable for Ferrari.

#62 Module

Module

• 673 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:52

It would be a nice anticlimax if Kimi and Romain stayed at Lotus and Alonso and Massa at Ferrari. Oh, and RB convinced Webber not to retire after all and to continue pairing Vettel.

:cry:

Did you have to go and jinx it?

#63 Markn93

Markn93

• 4,102 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:57

I don't have a clue, but it's the best silly season ever.

This.

And I'm enjoying the ride :smoking:

#64 Sammyosammy

Sammyosammy

• 1,496 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:08

Would love to see Kimi & Fernando at Ferrari next year..and Kimi taking WDC. That could hurt someone's ego.

I still say that Ferrari paying 15M for Raikkonen's tractor pulling year is more likely than Raikkonen driving for Ferrari next year.

Would love to see a cartoon Raikkonen tractor pulling. All the gear coloured RB'ish. LdM hair pulling by the track. Anyone???

#65 ardbeg

ardbeg

• 1,139 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:19

Ferrari had their chance for a Kimi / Alonso pairing back in 2010. Not going to happen now. Their loss really.

It was quite clear that the Alonso deal included a "and he will be the WDC contender" clause, which would have collided with Kimi's contract that stipulated (yes, I'm guessing) "no team orders".

If Kimi would get an offer, it would not hurt his pride to take it, it would rather be a sort of revenge. A very sweet revenge if Ferrari with Allison make WDC car next season.

#66 noikeee

noikeee

• 9,806 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:20

All could very well happen bar Webber, not only he'd have to change his mind plus his Porsche LMP contract would have to bought out, it's never gonna happen.

#67 starp

starp

• 74 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:21

Allison has worked with both Alonso and Kimi before. I wonder how much he has been a factor behind the effort to get Kimi.

#68 Iranie

Iranie

• 142 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:23

Kimi after clinching his title in the press conference 2007 with Ferrari.

"I love the team. I have such a good time in the team."

It remains a mystery what is Kimi's attitude towards Ferrari after the politics in 08-09 but there is no denying the fact that Kimi is still loved there and Kimi liked the team as well before the money started to speak.

Thinking about Ferrari and its state now this could be the best decision in a long time.

#69 Rikhart

Rikhart

• 581 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:23

THis is never gonna happen, Raikkonen doesnt need money, and he was very offended by the treatment he got while at ferrari... Its either redbull or lotus.

#70 kimster89

kimster89

• 731 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:28

What if this is already a done deal? RBR gets to know this, hence gives the test to Ricciardo. Then Kimi says his decision might be stupid to someone, but if he choosed Lotus or RBR i doubt this would sund stupid to anybody, decision to go to Ferrari might OTOH sound stupid to someone. Then ALO gets to know this and contacts RBR?

#71 Aloisioitaly

Aloisioitaly

• 272 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:41

THis is never gonna happen, Raikkonen doesnt need money, and he was very offended by the treatment he got while at ferrari... Its either redbull or lotus.

As far as we know, Kimi has not been paid yet fron Lotus for 2013 season.

#72 Darkmninya

Darkmninya

• 39 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:47

As far as we know, Kimi has not been paid yet fron Lotus for 2013 season.

According to Sources, Ferrari gave Raikönnen 15€mio Contract + Motor Bike and Rally Stuff + PR Cuts more than Lotus and Redbull!!!!!!!!!

#73 Lone

Lone

• 659 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:47

Kimi is unsuitable for Ferrari.

No, Ferrari is unsuitable for Kimi. :)

#74 Module

Module

• 673 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:49

The one thing I wonder most...

What would the wording in the contract be? :rotfl: :stoned: :drunk:

#75 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 20,592 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:50

According to Sources, Ferrari gave Raikönnen 15€mio Contract + Motor Bike and Rally Stuff + PR Cuts more than Lotus and Redbull!!!!!!!!!

I think that those are listed as bargaining tools indicates the seriousness with which to take those "sources"

#76 Antonov

Antonov

• 591 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:55

are Ferrari starting to miss their last champion? :)

#77 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,291 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:59

Actually, somebody has taken the "contract details" wrong from the Bild article, and now it's appearing everywhere as if it was Ferrari's offer.

What the Bild article says (everybody is free to believe it or not) is that Red Bull is offering Räikkönen 15 million plus bonuses and support for his motocross and hockey team and that Ferrari is offering more money than that.

BTW, silly season or not, and people misreading/mistranslating the Bild article, it doesn't look very probable that Ferrari would offer anybody to sponsor a motocross team, where bikes are all the time full of mud, it doesn't pass with the corporate image. Red Bull on the other hand...

#78 BlackCat

BlackCat

• 807 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:20

Massa finally out of f1, Alonso to RB, Kimi & Bianchi to Ferrari - yes, i can live with that.

#79 falalalalaland

falalalalaland

• 147 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:22

Silly season is awesome. Can't stop chuckling at the stuff I'm reading these days. :lol:

Anyway, I thought Kimi said his decision may seem silly, not will, to some. So many ways to interpret this:
  • Stays at Lotus. Iffy financial woes. Can challenge for occasional wins but not WDC.
  • Goes to Red Bull. Risks being no. 2 to Vettel. 2014 reg changes may not suit them.
  • Back to McLaren. Fav team mate in the world. New engine supplier. Seem to be losing key personnel left-right-center to other teams.
  • Back to Ferrari. OMFG.
Kimi back at Ferrari would be absolutely sweet, even the car turns out to be like 2009 all over again. Simply bcos it would be a giant slap to the face of LdM and Santander. Another $15M in the pocket bee-atch-es!

Advertisement

#80 fastdriver

fastdriver

• 575 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:27

Spot on!

with a bit of romance.

#81 Coops3

Coops3

• 1,598 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:30

This is getting ridiculous! :drunk:

#82 Fangiola

Fangiola

• 316 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:33

I know its all rumours, but what if the Kimi story to Ferrari is true but the person leaving is Massa. is a Kim/Alonso partnership in Ferrari not possible ? I mean at the end of the day it is Massa who doesn't have a contract for next year

#83 Module

Module

• 673 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:46

I know its all rumours, but what if the Kimi story to Ferrari is true but the person leaving is Massa. is a Kim/Alonso partnership in Ferrari not possible ? I mean at the end of the day it is Massa who doesn't have a contract for next year

Tried to argument for it in the beginning of the tread and yes I think it would be possible. Dont know why everyone is speculating with people breaking contract when the solution is usually far less complicated

#84 ElJefe

ElJefe

• 150 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:55

It's reported by Bild Zeitung. They have a strong influence on public opinion in Germany, but I wouldn't exactly call them reliable...

#85 kimster89

kimster89

• 731 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 13:06

Schumacher ending his first career in Monza 2006 and beeing replaced by Raikkonen was first published by Bild, remember that. Yes they are a tabloid, but are much more reliable then british tabloids i think.

#86 PaulTodd

PaulTodd

• 116 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 13:06

I can't believe this. They dumped kimi at the end of 2009 for alonso/santander, now they want him back?
Strange behaviour, really. Plus I can't image alonso wanting to race against a driver like kimi in the same team.
That'd imply he's looking for a seat at a team where he thinks he'd get the upper hand in terms of his teammate, would that be redbull?
Silly season is silly. :drunk:

Yea it's not like Alonso signed a contract for McLaren when Both Kimi and Juan was at the team. Anyway I cant see him going back to Ferrari it just won't happen

#87 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 13:07

Yea it's not like Alonso signed a contract for McLaren when Both Kimi and Juan was at the team. Anyway I cant see him going back to Ferrari it just won't happen

He signed it cause Kimi was going to Ferrari....

#88 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 13:10

Just a FYI: I don't care at what team Kimi ends up, as long as it is not Ferrari.

#89 DutchQuicksilver

DutchQuicksilver

• 2,070 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 13:11

He signed it cause Kimi was going to Ferrari....

Not true. Alonso signed for McLaren in 2005. It wasn't even known that Schumacher would retire after 2006 at that time. There were even talks of Alonso-Raikkonen pairing at McLaren, because everybody sort of assumed it would be Montoya who would be ousted.

Edited by DutchQuicksilver, 31 July 2013 - 13:12.

#90 Module

Module

• 673 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 13:12

Just a FYI: I don't care at what team Kimi ends up, as long as it is not Ferrari.

Why?

#91 Trust

Trust

• 3,199 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 13:18

Not true. Alonso signed for McLaren in 2005. It wasn't even known that Schumacher would retire after 2006 at that time. There were even talks of Alonso-Raikkonen pairing at McLaren, because everybody sort of assumed it would be Montoya who would be ousted.

No, Alonso's deal was signed in 2006 and Kimi was signed in 2005. Back then Kimi thought he would race against Schumacher.

#92 V3TT3L

V3TT3L

• 1,681 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 13:18

Why the Alonso overreaction :confused:

Ferrari is hiring for Massa's seat not Alonso's one.

#93 jjrichie

jjrichie

• 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 13:19

Why is kimi the most wanted guy all of a sudden ??? :rolleyes:

--
My First post :love:

#94 SealTheDiffuser

SealTheDiffuser

• 972 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 13:19

No, Ferrari is unsuitable for Kimi. :)

wasn't it just the colour?

#95 Module

Module

• 673 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 13:21

Why the Alonso overreaction :confused:

Ferrari is hiring for Massa's seat not Alonso's one.

Loosing his number one status?

#96 wrcva

wrcva

• 1,042 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 13:22

huh... silly season indeed.

Normally,
- ALO would not allow Kimi near his red cars
- Santander and ALO - till death do us apart
- Massa - institutionalized demographic ad segment attraction in any case (if Badoer were reared half like Massa, even he could have been a WDC by now)

this means Santander-Ferrari collaboartion/sponsorship model with the Latin-plan is in jeopardy (implosion). If true, Bernie & McLaren would be involved...

I smell major financial shake-up in the world of F1 -- this cannot be just Ferrari waking up one morning to realize once upon a time their core business was cars & racing, not PR...

Great, we were long overdue another scandal... and looks like Kimi will be laughing all the way to the bank regardless of which scenario plays out ... now, even his pension will be paid, not to mention long term sponsorship agreements for his own team. The guy can not only drive but also run circles around team leaders as far as his business sense. I nominate him to replace Bernie when he retires as well :p ...

Edited by wrcva, 31 July 2013 - 17:44.

#97 V3TT3L

V3TT3L

• 1,681 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 13:26

Loosing his number one status?

Maybe... I heard Alonso could veto his team mate or has some kind of say in the process of hiring the 'other seat'.

#98 Lazy Prodigy

Lazy Prodigy

• 2,458 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 13:26

Same here. The second he struggled with Ferrari it was Kimi isnt disciplined enough or these developments suit Massa fine therefore Kimi should be able to drive them fine like in 2008. Then when Massa goes out Kimi suddenly finds form when Ferrari have to put their eggs in his basket. Please.

#99 V3TT3L

V3TT3L

• 1,681 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 13:28

huh... silly season indeed.

this means Santander-Ferrari collaboartion/sponsorship model with the Latin-plan is in jeopardy (implosion).

No, quite the opposite, Brazil was resposible for the biggest country profit inside Santander's group.

Advertisement

#100 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 6,085 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 13:28

Why is kimi the most wanted guy all of a sudden ??? :rolleyes:

--
My First post :love:

Simply because he has finished 38 races in a row and 28 in a row to points, no one has never has that kind of period and maybe never will.Kimi also doesnt really make any mistakes, his only big one was at melbourne qualifying 2012.

Edited by Vesuvius, 31 July 2013 - 13:30.