Photo

Can anyone ID this front brake?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 23:10

A friend of mine has come into possession of this and asked me if I had any idea of its make or origin, sorry for the quality but I only had my phone available, anyone got any clues?

The steel brake arms make me think its a road bike unit, but its laced onto a nice Borrani alloy rim

Posted Image

Posted Image

Advertisement

#2 Matthias

Matthias

• 23 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:00

This is a Honda CB92 front brake:

Posted Image

Matthias

#3 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:03

Many thanks Matthias, very much appreciated, I knew someone on here would have the answer :)

#4 Herr Wankel

Herr Wankel

• 941 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:03

Many thanks Matthias, very much appreciated, I knew someone on here would have the answer :)

More CB92s robbed for their front brakes than any other bike. Wouldn't mind finding one now though !

HW

#5 GD66

GD66

• 2,237 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:19

More CB92s robbed for their front brakes than any other bike.

With the possible exception of the Suzuki GT750. It's those hubs that lie beneath all those fake Honda 4-leaders on Period 3 Classic bikes all over the place.
Posted Image
The bike pictured is the Jerry Kooistra-built CB77-based 500 Honda ridden to a string of titles by Bill Horsman, Mandy Beales and Levi Day.

The GT750 brakes are also keenly sought after (without disguises), in Period 4 Post-classic as well...
Posted Image

There was a bloke in our club in the 1980s with one of those little Benly 125s, they are a lovely wee thing. He got it from a garage sale for bugger-all and painted it with a brush, the colour was good but the job was woeful. He always whined that he didn't like it much, we tried all sorts of ways to prise it from his grasp but he wouldn't budge. Then one day he announced he was off to Queensland, and had sold the bike in the local paper to some bloke for $500 ! Aaaarggh ! :mad:

Edited by GD66, 10 August 2013 - 08:53.

#6 HEMEYLA

HEMEYLA

• 586 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:01

Nigel Stone Jamathi #41 with Honda frontbrake:

Posted Image

#7 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 17:02

Thanks for the info guy's, I got back to him and told him what he had, has anyone got any ideas on a ballpark figure for what it is worth? he doesn't need it but was given it as part payment for a job by someone who had run out of money.