- - - - -

Formula-1 2014: at the dawn of a new era

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Forma1

Forma1

• 351 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:20

Next year holds a series of challanges. This topic is meant to yield a place to discuss new technologies, technical and sporting rules regarding next year.

At first: passvice DRS is something Lotus have been working on for more than a year and Sauber started intensive and excessive work on it as well. Lotues only managed it to use in a few races (two or three?, I am not sure). Nick Chest confirmed they would have a go on it next year as well. Is it worth working on a system that can't be calibrated for 14 month? There is something wrong when they can't use at Spa where they could have benefited the most. Next year the exhaust pipe sould be mounted just a couple of mms from the centre line of the car, so mounting another pipe which diverts the air could be pretty tricky, so that is something I think should have been abandoned. Any ideas?

Advertisement

#2 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:41

They could make it around exhaust or double pipe it to go on sides of exhaust. 

Though I believe the whole concept is too ******** to care about it at all. It will bring too small gains compared to other things that can give shitload of advantage (smt like double diffusor, better engines etc).

#3 Kalmake

Kalmake

• 4,492 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:09

I think Spa is difficult for tuning passive DRS since it has some high speed turns where you don't want it to engage.

#4 Antonov

Antonov

• 603 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:51

'14 should be great. I wonder how the calendar will look like and how, where and when the pre-season testing will take place.

#5 lustigson

lustigson

• 5,911 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:32

I always look forward to any new Formula One season. I like the silly season, I like the rumours about new races, and I like new technology coming in. So bring on 2014. And 2015. And so on.  :)