* * * * - 3 votes

Monza 2013: FP1, FP2, FP3 AND Qualifying

• Please log in to reply
663 replies to this topic

#551 XAXIXAX

XAXIXAX

• 457 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 13:45

Well there was a bit of Lewis bashing earlier, but you don't think if those drivers called their teams idiots then they wouldn't also be good bashed?

if it was Raikkonen, ... i'd go something like dude, that was cool stuff! da iceman has balls etc   ;)

Alonso was helping Ferrari, for the 3rd year, to take a good fight to the almighty RBR, again an uneven fight

(now I'm not sure, he could be thinking about his next holiday trip) 

Advertisement

#552 Tron

Tron

• 614 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 13:46

In my view. I think what Alonso said was right, and I can't blame him. And I also think the same words crossed LDM's mind.

Edited by Tron, 07 September 2013 - 13:47.

#553 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 1,947 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 13:48

Alonso's radio: Felipe is too far

Poster #1: HUUUURRRRR DUUUUURRRR "FELIPE IS TOO FAST" HAHAHAHAHA

Poster #1: Ferrari are so dumb for trying that slip streaming nonsense.

Poster #2: I heard that Alonso called Ferrari stupid for that slip streaming nonsense.

Poster #1: OMFG ALONSO CALLED FERRARI STUPID, WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?

Endless source of hilarity in this forum  :rotfl:

drama_addict+replicant.jpg

#554 stillOrange

stillOrange

• 934 posts

Ah! so now we have a different quote surprise surprise. :lol:

Latest I've heard is that instead of "stupid" he said ironically "geniuses"
Plot thickens ...
:D

#555 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Perhaps, but then again it's much more plausible to conclude he had less room for improvement as in Q2 the tow strategy helped him.

You make a good point. But if that's gap associated with tow and given that Massa has shown similar performance increases like other, it makes you wonder if Alonso would indeed be slower than Massa without tow. But I don't think it is just that. Alonso did only one run in Q2 at the beginning. So that would suggest even more tenths to be expected from Alonso. I don't know. Even Alonso's lap looked scrappy and I thought he was a bit flustered with this tow arrangement going wrong. He may have valid reasons for being slow, but I believe he was slower nevertheless.

#556 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,055 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 13:50

From the PF1 forum

https://twitter.com/...338373688164352

“So you have to let him go, really… you are stupid! Mamma mia guys!”

According to this guy, who claims to have everything on record, Alessi went a bit overbaord with his translation from Italian...
Edit: the original in Italian: “Quindi c’è da lasciarlo passare… veramente siete degli scemi, eh… mamma mia ragazzi!”

Edited by Fontainebleau, 07 September 2013 - 13:52.

#557 bub

bub

• 2,247 posts

What did Ferrari supposedly do wrong?

#558 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,286 posts

Ah! so now we have a different quote surprise surprise. :lol:

Possibly at different times though. The calling the team stupid first came up early during Q, whereas the second one came at the end of Q.

#559 Lights

Lights

• 9,409 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 13:52

Had Lewis said it, we already would've had 4 different topics of over 10 pages of it, which include the perspectives of his break-up with Nicole; why was he calling Ron Dennis for over an hour last week?; the illness of his dog must be distracting him from his job; etc.etc.

Had Kimi said it everybody would be finding him cooler than ever and probably make meme's etc.

Advertisement

#560 Sabre1977

Sabre1977

• 117 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 13:53

The reaction of fernando was because he was delivered after ricciardo between massa and him.makin impossoble the towing. After that ricciardo stopped. But alonso were too far ( not fast) from felipe

Edited by Sabre1977, 07 September 2013 - 13:55.

#561 Roscoe

Roscoe

• 114 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 13:53

I love how Luca di Montezemolo just said that "we're a family, we win together, we lose together... it hurts me to see our drivers having to fight to get fifth but... we're a family. We're fifth and there's a real chance we can win tomorrow".

O. M. F. G!!!!!!!!

What do you expect him to say? :)

Not sure if it is his reason for the OMFG, but what I take from that is "We're a family, but not lets mention the black sheep in 4th".  If Ferrari is a nice big happy family he may have said "We're 4th & 5th" rather than just mentioning Alonso's position.

Either way, it was a good job by Vettel, he was always going to get pole, so to be honest all the drama hasn't really changed anything.

#562 Beyond

Beyond

• 371 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 13:54

I'm italian, he says

"Quindi c'è da lasciarlo passare, veramente siete degli scemi, mamma mia ragazzi"

"So I have to let him pass, you're stupid guys, come on"

It was before the first lap in Q3. I'm not sure he's referring to Massa though.

#563 Lights

Lights

• 9,409 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 13:55

You make a good point. But if that's gap associated with tow and given that Massa has shown similar performance increases like other, it makes you wonder if Alonso would indeed be slower than Massa without tow. But I don't think it is just that. Alonso did only one run in Q2 at the beginning. So that would suggest even more tenths to be expected from Alonso. I don't know. Even Alonso's lap looked scrappy and I thought he was a bit flustered with this tow arrangement going wrong. He may have valid reasons for being slow, but I believe he was slower nevertheless.

Well, nevertheless he was still faster in Q3 without a tow, than his tow-aided lap of Q2. We don't know how much it helps but it can easily help a few tenths, so why are you so surprised? From what I saw, it just looked like he was getting everything out of it, and Massa ahead of him was doing the exact same thing just 1 hundred of a second faster. You say it looks scrappy but you can't really point out where he lost any time. The drama that follows here is more interesting than Alonso not improving more than 1 tenth on his previous tow-aided lap to qualify 5th in a Ferrari. 

#564 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 8,515 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 13:56

Had Lewis said it, we already would've had 4 different topics of over 10 pages of it, which include the perspectives of his break-up with Nicole; why was he calling Ron Dennis for over an hour last week?; the illness of his dog must be distracting him from his job; etc.etc.

Had Kimi said it everybody would be finding him cooler than ever and probably make meme's etc.

:lol:  :up:

#565 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 9,875 posts

Hopefully it'll be more exciting the Spa once Vettel gets away.

And if only for once Webber could pass Vettel on the first lap and give us a race...

#566 anti

anti

• 389 posts

Practice 3:  :: Sector times :: Lap Chart
Qualification:  :: Sector times :: Lap Chart

#567 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 2,766 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 13:57

i heard Alonso said "Ferrari are stupid purple monkey dishwasher".

#568 Wanderer

Wanderer

• 292 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 13:59

Eh, first mistake Hamilton has made all season. Shame that when Seb makes a mistake he ends up P2 on the grid, Hami P12.

Poor Lewis, the Mercedes has been such a disaster in qualifying this year. :rolleyes:

#569 Miggeex

Miggeex

• 482 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 13:59

Where's that dishwasher coming xD

#570 RealRacing

RealRacing

• 1,753 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:02

Haha true, but that's because while Kimi is the most liked driver, FA is one of the least...

#571 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,553 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:03

Is there an echo here?

#572 XAXIXAX

XAXIXAX

• 457 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:05

I'm italian, he says

"Quindi c'è da lasciarlo passare, veramente siete degli scemi, mamma mia ragazzi"

but, exactly , from what part of Italy are you?... it is important for us to know... could it be some could misinterpret a term according to different areas in the same country? :cat:

You could begin be the ignition of 100 ALO bash threads, be aware

:rotfl:

#573 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,055 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:06

I'm italian, he says

I think that it had to do with who was going to give whom the tow first, so he should have been referring to Massa.

If I am not mistaken, and please correct me otherwise, on that first Q3 lap Alonso was on new tyres, ahead of Massa on used tyres. Given their position, Alonso should have given Massa a tow, but Massa was on the worst set of tyres to make good use of it; so it would seem that the order of the cars had to be reversed on track (versus them having been released in the opposite order), and Alonso was complaining about that.

#574 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 8,515 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:08

Is there an echo here?

No, you stupid purple monkey dishwater!

#575 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,560 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:13

I definitely think that the towing would have worked if they had used the rope.

Nevermind. It didn't half look silly, poor old Massa, cajoled in to dragging Alonso over the line. Massa didn't seem to play ball though.

#576 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,458 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:13

So........shamelessly deflecting some of the attention here............how about Lewis nearly crying on TV? 

I actually felt bad for the fella there. 

#577 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,553 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:16

No, you stupid purple monkey dishwater!

Did you just call me a purple money dishwater? It's on now.

#578 muelte

muelte

• 499 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:17

Alonso said it was something about Ricciardo being between them or something like that.

#579 XAXIXAX

XAXIXAX

• 457 posts

Haha true, but that's because while Kimi is the most liked driver, FA is one of the least...

Ooooor, could it be that the type of fan Alonso has, which perhaps could be related to his character, behaviour and sporting attitude, doesn't have the continuous need to make public their fanboyism towards him?

Other, you assume, super-loved drivers fans maybe have that need. Everyday, 24-7, and get boring in the process.

Advertisement

#580 HeadFirst

HeadFirst

• 505 posts

Interesting Q, to say the least. Red Bull 1/2 ..... obviously a great result, but is it really a surprise? Hulkenberg in third is shocking only because of Sauber's struggles this year. Ferrari in 4th and 5th would usually be considered a good showing, but having been outqualified by a Sauber with a Ferrari engine must really hurt. Mercedes and Lotus, not looking like contenders today .... will the race be different?

#581 noikeee

noikeee

• 9,562 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:18

Nevermind. It didn't half look silly, poor old Massa, cajoled in to dragging Alonso over the line. Massa didn't seem to play ball though.

The problem with towing is that in these F1 cars not only you win in the straights, you lose big chunks of downforce behind a car in the corners too. So to make it worth it, it needs to be bloody well coordinated, with the driver ahead probably having to sacrifice speed in places, for a fairly small gain.

I'm really not sure it's worth the trouble.

#582 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 8,515 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:19

No, I called you a "stupid purple monkey dishwater!" :mad:

It's disrespectful to not quote somebody accurately!

#583 Lights

Lights

• 9,409 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:19

So........shamelessly deflecting some of the attention here............how about Lewis nearly crying on TV? 

I actually felt bad for the fella there. 

Nearly crying? Come on.

#584 Lights

Lights

• 9,409 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:20

Cool beans?

#585 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 8,515 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:21

Nearly crying? Come on.

I was about to post something similar Lights, but thought Sean may have been joking. :)

#586 HeadFirst

HeadFirst

• 505 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:23

Towing can work if executed properly. That it didn't was more likely due to circumstance (traffic) than Massa' unwillingness. After all Felipe knows his role at Ferrari and is fighting for his job. Besides when done right, towing benefits both drivers.

#587 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,458 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:23

Nearly crying? Come on.

Yea.  Eyes glossy.  Looking away and taking a long break before answering basic questions.

Certainly seemed to be like he was trying to hold back some tears.

#588 RealRacing

RealRacing

• 1,753 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:24

You have to give it to Ferrari, at least they are funny. I think Massa carefully does his best for these things to not work (and would you blame him?) and then all this chain reaction begins: FA gets mad, throws toys out, Italian press overreacts and LdM feels the need to say something, which, in turn, offends Alonso, which makes him say something stupid and the wheel keeps on going...In reality Massa is a genius.

#589 stillOrange

stillOrange

• 934 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:25

Any news or update on Sutil's investigation?

#590 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,744 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:27

:up:  that's how it works sadly.

#591 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,560 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:30

You have to give it to Ferrari, at least they are funny. I think Massa carefully does his best for these things to not work (and would you blame him?) and then all this chain reaction begins: FA gets mad, throws toys out, Italian press overreacts and LdM feels the need to say something, which, in turn, offends Alonso, which makes him say something stupid and the wheel keeps on going...In reality Massa is a genius.

:) That is a good way of looking at it.

Something is going on. Because they tried the same thing in 2012.

#592 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,055 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:31

Possibly at different times though. The calling the team stupid first came up early during Q, whereas the second one came at the end of Q.

I think that it was a replay.

#593 RealRacing

RealRacing

• 1,753 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:32

Ooooor, could it be that the type of fan Alonso has, which perhaps could be related to his character, behaviour and sporting attitude, doesn't have the continuous need to make public their fanboyism towards him?

Other, you assume, super-loved drivers fans maybe have that need. Everyday, 24-7, and get boring in the process.

Nope. I was basing it on a poll we did here a couple of months ago... If anything, it seems it's FA's fans who feel the need to compensate for FA's poor "character, behaviour and sporting attitude"; it appears as if they are jealous because Kimi and others are more liked ...

#594 Lights

Lights

• 9,409 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:32

Yea.  Eyes glossy.  Looking away and taking a long break before answering basic questions.

Certainly seemed to be like he was trying to hold back some tears.

He looked sad and disappointed and to some extent was beating himself up, but I always feel as if people use the 'cry' word too easily. I've seen Lewis many times like this in 2011/12, and Jenson as well as times, but they're not actually crying.

#595 HeadFirst

HeadFirst

• 505 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:35

Any news or update on Sutil's investigation?

What is he looking for? :wave:

#596 Lights

Lights

• 9,409 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:37

Well this gets interesting.

http://adamcooperf1....gs-on-the-grid/

#597 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,458 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:43

He looked sad and disappointed and to some extent was beating himself up, but I always feel as if people use the 'cry' word too easily. I've seen Lewis many times like this in 2011/12, and Jenson as well as times, but they're not actually crying.

I've seen him sad and disappointed before.  He looked especially down.  And yea, he wasn't crying, but the body language reminded me very much of a person trying to hold it back. 

Could be wrong.  Just an observation.  Either way, never really seen him that beaten up over anything like that before.

#598 SanDiegoGo

SanDiegoGo

• 420 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:51

Look, this is just ridiculous. I've read over 12 pages of comments and hardly any of them have been about Hamilton. This thread should be closed.

#599 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,458 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:51

Look, this is just ridiculous. I've read over 12 pages of comments and hardly any of them have been about Hamilton. This thread should be closed.

I'm trying.

Advertisement

#600 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,055 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 14:52

Nope. I was basing it on a poll we did here a couple of months ago... If anything, it seems it's FA's fans who feel the need to compensate for FA's poor "character, behaviour and sporting attitude"; it appears as if they are jealous because Kimi and others are more liked ...

:lol:

Yes, because the Autosport forum is a perfect sample of the real world out there; and all of the forumers here voted (this is the first I hear about that poll).

No offense, but this is another example of posting an opinion as if it were a fact.

Edited by Fontainebleau, 07 September 2013 - 14:54.