Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Kimi at Ferrari alongside Alonso - good idea?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
363 replies to this topic

Poll: Ferrari 2014 line up (379 member(s) have cast votes)

Kimi and Alonso at Ferrari

1. Good idea (257 votes [67.81%])

Percentage of vote: 67.81%

2. Bad idea (63 votes [16.62%])

Percentage of vote: 16.62%

3. No idea (59 votes [15.57%])

Percentage of vote: 15.57%

Vote

#351 totgate

totgate

• 75 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:53

I think its a fantastic idea. I would rather have seen Kimi in a Mclaren for next year though....

Advertisement

#352 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,932 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:49

Felipe Massa said to TV Globo:

-"Kimi and Fernando are both excellent drivers but when they work at the same team there will be without any doubts be conflicts. I have warned my bosses that they should breath now as much as they can, because next year it will be difficult".

Edited by Vesuvius, 17 September 2013 - 11:49.

#353 RedRocksF1

RedRocksF1

• 53 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:09

Felipe Massa said to TV Globo:

-"Kimi and Fernando are both excellent drivers but when they work at the same team there will be without any doubts be conflicts. I have warned my bosses that they should breath now as much as they can, because next year it will be difficult".

Wow Felipe, you are a hero. Your bosses maybe will breath with problems next year, but last 4 years they breathed with only one lung.

About the topic, yes, I think maybe there will be problems, it depends on how the championship starts. However, I think both drivers respect each other more for example than Alonso respected Hamilton in 2007 and that will help. No doubt Alonso will beat Kimi, he is a better driver, better qualifier and starter, also overtaking, in race pace they are similar.

And I have no faith at all in Domenicalli.

#354 OSX

OSX

• 4,220 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:23

Massa: Raikkonen and Alonso 'Will Collide'
17 September 2013

9c55zKD.jpg

Felipe Massa has warned Ferrari that the Fernando Alonso-Kimi Raikkonen partnership will result in a clash that the Maranello squad will struggle to deal with.

"I know both Fernando and Kimi on and off the track and I rate them as excellent drivers, but I'm afraid they will collide when sharing the team," said Massa in an interview with Brazilian F1 broadcaster Galvao Bueno on TV Globo.

"I told the bosses to breathe as much as possible while they still can because it will be hard for them to breathe next season."

Full Article: Autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109920

#355 Lulabaloo

Lulabaloo

• 138 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:55

Massa: Raikkonen and Alonso 'Will Collide'
17 September 2013

9c55zKD.jpg

Felipe Massa has warned Ferrari that the Fernando Alonso-Kimi Raikkonen partnership will result in a clash that the Maranello squad will struggle to deal with.

"I know both Fernando and Kimi on and off the track and I rate them as excellent drivers, but I'm afraid they will collide when sharing the team," said Massa in an interview with Brazilian F1 broadcaster Galvao Bueno on TV Globo.

"I told the bosses to breathe as much as possible while they still can because it will be hard for them to breathe next season."

Full Article: Autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109920

Isn't he stating the obvious ? Does anybody have any doubts Alonso will explode ?

#356 bub

bub

• 2,292 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 13:05

I think it's a very good idea by Ferrari. They have a very strong driver pairing which is obviously good, they are not letting any individual be more important than the team and if one of the drivers doesn't like it they can leave and Ferrari still have the other strong driver.

#357 RealRacing

RealRacing

• 1,753 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 13:27

Yeah and one of the best drivers would have become a glorified Barrichello. McLaren made a lot of mistakes in 2007 but giving Lewis equal treatment was not one of them. Alonso fans are always claiming that he earns his No. 1 status on the track; he did not earn it in 2007. Fact.

Exactly. No Alonso is worth sacrificing a Hamilton.

#358 as65p

as65p

• 17,304 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 13:31

Exactly. No Alonso is worth sacrificing a Hamilton.

Somehow Mclaren managed to sacrifice both their drivers that year,  no mean feat.

#359 AyrtonSauna

AyrtonSauna

• 429 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 13:35

As long as both of them win races for Ferrari with lots of one-twos then they can clash as much as they like all season long.Winning is more important than constant harmony yet there may not be any problems at all.

Advertisement

#360 bub

bub

• 2,292 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 13:43

Somehow Mclaren managed to sacrifice both their drivers that year,  no mean feat.

I think the drivers may have played their part too.

#361 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 14:15

Luca Di Montezemolo has spoken about Kimi and thinks he can beat Alonso and is back to his great form:
http://www.jamesalle...e-championship/

Raikkonen favorite to beat Alonso next season.

#362 RealRacing

RealRacing

• 1,753 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 16:04

I think most fans preferred that McLaren encouraged the formation of a new top-level talent in Hamilton than letting a spoiled brat get away with his tantrums. No one likes a spoiled brat and I think few would have preferred to see FA with 3 WDCs and a LH with Massa syndrome...

#363 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,224 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:46

BUT2XdbIEAA_Dz9.jpg

all credits goes to Chris rathbone

www.rathbonecreative.com 

#364 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,187 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:49

The poll isn't enough to have kept this thread from turning into a carbon copy of the other Kimi thread. Closed.