* * * * * 1 votes

Massa : ''i will no longer play adjutant (to Alonso), now i attack''

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#201 GiancarloF1

GiancarloF1

• 925 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 14:39

It's not like this is the first time he is faster in Q this year. It's just 8-5 I think. But Massa still hasn't finished in front of Alonso in the race.

Well, the last time when Massa outpaced Alonso on a Sunday happened in China 2011, more than 2 years ago. And it was more of an Alonso mediocrity, than a Massa brilliance.

Advertisement

#202 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 14:47

Perez is not signed yet for 2014. He wants more money.

This is way OT, apologies to mods et al., but really? Has Perez not seen his performances this year? He'll be very lucky to be kept on for the same money, he's been outclassed by Jenson.

I hadn't given Felipe to McLaren a moments thought up until now, but actually why not? It could rejuvinate him back to 2008 levels of performance.

This also opens up the very amusing possibility of Felipe signing a 2 year deal and finding Alonso coming in as his team mate in 2015. I know a lot of strange stuff would need to go down for that to happen...

#203 bub

bub

• 2,247 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 14:53

Some nice attacking by Massa there. He didn't deserve all the ridicule for saying he will race for himself. He never said he was better than Alonso to my knowledge and why shouldn't he race for himself? 

Also this is a good example of why people shouldn't get too carried away about practice sessions.

Edited by bub, 21 September 2013 - 15:35.

#204 STRFerrari4Ever

STRFerrari4Ever

• 1,757 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 14:57

Just hoping Massa stays in front in the race from now and the rest of the season, that would make people swallow a lot of content.

#205 luispaulob

luispaulob

• 80 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 15:05

Well, the last time when Massa outpaced Alonso on a Sunday happened in China 2011, more than 2 years ago. And it was more of an Alonso mediocrity, than a Massa brilliance.

Austin 2012

Interlagos 2012

rest my case..

#206 muramasa

muramasa

• 3,054 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 15:12

Massa sticking to his own words...like samurai :cool:

#207 Sin

Sin

• 1,952 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 15:23

I'm curious if Massa stand to his word of no longer being Alonsos Adjutant.... tomorrow in the race I mean... or if he will again let him past so obviously

Edited by Sin, 21 September 2013 - 15:24.

#208 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,014 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 15:27

Just hoping Massa stays in front in the race from now and the rest of the season, that would make people swallow a lot of content.

If this was possible he wouldn't be looking for a seat next year now would he? I'm all for seeing Felipe finish strong but finishing every GP for the rest of the season in front of Alonso isn't going to happen.

#209 Sin

Sin

• 1,952 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 15:31

I kinda doubt it too but if it DOES happen I would be sooo soooo happy x.x I'm sorry but I just don't like Alonso... comes with being Seb fan and all xD

Edited by Sin, 21 September 2013 - 15:35.

#210 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,014 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 15:36

I kinda doubt it too but if it DID happen I would be sooo soooo happy x.x I'm sorry but I just don't like Alonso... comes with being Seb fan and all xD

No worries mate, I'm a Ferrari fan first, then an Alonso fan so good results for the team are my priority. I wish Felipe could've came back strong after his accident. I just don't believe he's the same driver he was pre Hungary 2009.

#211 Menace

Menace

• 12,298 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 15:43

Really? People jumping on the first chance, like this is the first time Massa has out-qualified his teammate.  :drunk:

I'm no Alonso fan, but this type of behavior is just as despicable in the other driver/team threads, where haters jump on the first chance they get... desperate to paint the driver they dislike as not as good as his fans think.  (Funnily enough, I see some of the biggest haters in Kimi threads attempting to appear rational here... don't believe the hype... :rotfl:  )

Edited by Menace, 21 September 2013 - 15:44.

#212 Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94

• 468 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 15:49

Really? People jumping on the first chance, like this is the first time Massa has out-qualified his teammate.  :drunk:

I'm no Alonso fan, but this type of behavior is just as despicable in the other driver/team threads, where haters jump on the first chance they get... desperate to paint the driver they dislike as not as good as his fans think.  (Funnily enough, I see some of the biggest haters in Kimi threads attempting to appear rational here... don't believe the hype... :rotfl:  )

Well it's pretty surprising considering that Alonso was faster by quite some margin in every practice session this weekend. Massa was struggling for grip all weekend and then suddenly in Q3 he beats Alonso.

#213 mardmarium

mardmarium

• 489 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 15:50

Good job Massa. If he were more consistent he probably wouldn´t be in this situation right now. When Alonso joined Ferrari I supported both of them equally (the best driver must win, that is the idea), but Massa inconsistency hasn´t helped him at all during these years. Felipe has always been fast (I have no idea why the accident could have reduced his speed) and I really think he deserves a seat in F1. While Ferrari has options for the WDC with Alonso, I hope Massa help the team, if Ferrari has no chances, he should try to beat everybody, including his teammate (he wasn´t able of doing so in the past and common sense dictates me that it won´t be easy for him in the future, but I really hope he can show everybody that he deserves to be in F1).

#214 st99

st99

• 379 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 16:10

Alonso must have made a mistake in his Q3 lap because this is one of his best tracks, he has always been a lot faster than all his teammates here. Maybe it's the frustation of seeing RBR being too fast again, I don't know :|

#215 katmen

katmen

• 572 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 16:43

Alonso is continually psychically deconstructed by Vettel & company. Maybe stopping politics could help him to find new force of concentrating to success.

Same is for ferrari no politics but hard work....

#216 amppatel

amppatel

• 458 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 16:57

Just noticed massa out qualified alonso. LOL.

Any team, in assessing massa's form, will only look at qualy as they know ferrari will screw him over in the race - so I think he will be fairly happy with that even if he finishes behind alonso...

#217 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,813 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 18:39

Had he finished directly behind Alonso more often than not, teams would line up to sign him.

#218 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,461 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 18:49

Any team, in assessing massa's form, will only look at qualy as they know ferrari will screw him over in the race - so I think he will be fairly happy with that even if he finishes behind alonso...

Any team would be far smarter than this lowly logic. 

#219 Fatgadget

Fatgadget

• 1,947 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 18:57

Felippe baby is not as dumb as most make out!....He made a pretty penny from Ferrari out of being subordinate!!  :p

Advertisement

#220 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 19:31

Out qualified Alonso. That is the spirit. Hope Felipe gets the Lotus.

#221 Lights

Lights

• 9,414 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 19:38

He does know the right moments to out qualify Alonso because each time it causes a huge stir.

Edited by Lights, 21 September 2013 - 19:38.

#222 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 19:47

You never miss an opportunity like that, don't you ?

Ah come on! Everybody here keeps laughing on Massa's comment and ridiculing him, and now that he immediately follows that up with an outqualifying we can't have a laugh about that?

#223 sopa

sopa

• 2,927 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 20:04

Okay. I have been wondering about one thing regarding Massa. There have been a lot of discussions, how and if the 2009 crash has affected his driving.

But how has it affected? I have a theory. Could it be that his brain concentration level is lower that he can't keep his concentration bright for the whole race, which is why he fades? Of course there are exceptions like USA 2012, but I mean generally. Because all too often we can see that he can qualify well and race well for half a race, but then fade well behind Alonso. I don't remember him fading before injury. He got the wins in 2007-08 and got good race performances in 2009 without dropping off. Several good points finishes, even podium in Germany.

#224 Lulabaloo

Lulabaloo

• 137 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 20:17

Had he finished directly behind Alonso more often than not, teams would line up to sign him.

"Any team would be far smarter than this lowly logic." Seanspeed.

#225 mardmarium

mardmarium

• 489 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 20:36

Okay. I have been wondering about one thing regarding Massa. There have been a lot of discussions, how and if the 2009 crash has affected his driving.

But how has it affected? I have a theory. Could it be that his brain concentration level is lower that he can't keep his concentration bright for the whole race, which is why he fades? Of course there are exceptions like USA 2012, but I mean generally. Because all too often we can see that he can qualify well and race well for half a race, but then fade well behind Alonso. I don't remember him fading before injury. He got the wins in 2007-08 and got good race performances in 2009 without dropping off. Several good points finishes, even podium in Germany.

That is a possibility. It´s quite clear that speed is still there but his level of concentration can be lower. I think the car hasn´t helped him either. Crashing, spinning, struggling with tires...of course that can be related to the car as well. Many people has said that Alonso is really good extracting the maximum from the car in difficult situations, he is probably the best one doing so and something like that can have affected Massa, I mean, it surely hasn´t been good for his confidence. 

#226 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:19

Good to see the 2008 Massa is back. Too bad his car isnt

#227 zottzell

zottzell

• 112 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 14:36

Started from the 6th place on the grid and ended up 6th in the race after basically being gifted 2 places, wouldn't really classify that as attacking.

It was a okey result but that was really all it was. 

Edited by zottzell, 22 September 2013 - 14:37.

#228 Gyno

Gyno

• 192 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 14:38

Piss poor performance once again.

What more can you expect from Massa.

#229 ZuTiMa

ZuTiMa

• 337 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 14:39

Was waiting the whole race for him to "attack" lol

#230 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,752 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 14:41

Somehow the opportunistic users from yesterday are gone. Too bad people can't behave with logic.

#231 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,663 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 14:43

It was a reasonably good race from Massa, on the better end of the scale. I can see that it would be disappointing for someone who thought that he had previously been holding back to allow Alonso to be ahead.

#232 Ravenak

Ravenak

• 939 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 14:45

Somehow the opportunistic users from yesterday are gone. Too bad people can't behave with logic.

this

#233 MichaelPM

MichaelPM

• 2,587 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 14:56

I think when their diet consists of mainly crow's and hat's they tend to have a lot of sick days  :p

#234 sheepgobba

sheepgobba

• 1,092 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 14:59

Hello.  :wave:

#235 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:02

Yeah, good point. I was one of those knee-jerkers yesterday.

Great performance from Nando, as per usual. Bit anonomous from Massa, to say the least.

I was just excited by the prospect of a bit of 'spice' in the Ferrari camp. Should have known better  :cool: 

#236 Vibe

Vibe

• 56 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:04

I may be missing something,but if Ferrari gave medium tires to Massa instead of SS after the Safety Car as they did to Alonso,wouldn't Massa possibly finish 3rd?It was just Di Resta between them...

#237 abc

abc

• 1,960 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:05

Massa just got worse start, but was all the time just about 5 sec. behind, the decisive moment was receiving wrong tires during SC pitstop. Not bad from Massa this weekend. 

#238 JimiKart

JimiKart

• 361 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:14

I'm back, sorry it took so long but I had to watch it a second time, fast forwarding through everything except Massa's attacking, which took another 18 seconds watch over, it was Massa attacking the pitlane at the absolute limit and twice at least.. Anyone else see where Massa attack? He has the best starting car on the grid but loses places on the start while Fred goes up to 3rd by turn 2.

Logic you say, well logic says that while Fillepe outqualified Fred yesterday it was more Fred beating himself than him being beaten by Massa, logic said that before lap one was over that situation would be corrected and following that all that would happen was that Massa would lose places... and so it was.

Massa only attacks his reputation.

Edited by JimiKart, 22 September 2013 - 15:16.

#239 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:53

So lets set the record straight that there was no team orders and what we saw today is Massa giving his best to attack Alonso.

If I was Raikkonen, I would start worrying about the cars Ferrari is making...

Advertisement

#240 JimiKart

JimiKart

• 361 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 16:07

So lets set the record straight that there was no team orders and what we saw today is Massa giving his best to attack Alonso.

If I was Raikkonen, I would start worrying about the cars Ferrari is making...

I'm quite sure there were team orders, issued to Massa, which said he should take points off the competition, sadly he's failed again.

#241 solochamp07

solochamp07

• 183 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 17:33

I may be missing something,but if Ferrari gave medium tires to Massa instead of SS after the Safety Car as they did to Alonso,wouldn't Massa possibly finish 3rd?It was just Di Resta between them...

True but that is so "cruise and collect", surely Flippy chose the options for attacking.

#242 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,747 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 18:04

I'm quite sure there were team orders, issued to Massa, which said he should take points off the competition, sadly he's failed again.

That is not  100% correct. Felipe attacked MW in the end and miraculously also made his pass stick :-)

Altogether the race today was pretty much what an all-out attacking Felipe looks like. Blandness beyond anything...

#243 JimiKart

JimiKart

• 361 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 18:32

That is not  100% correct. Felipe attacked MW in the end and miraculously also made his pass stick :-)

Altogether the race today was pretty much what an all-out attacking Felipe looks like. Blandness beyond anything...

For a minute I thought you meant he attacked Whitmarsh... jezzz the things a guy will do for a contract I thought... it's true he did pass today, my fault for not noting it here, after all, Felipe really did sail by webbo, like Webbo was chained to a tree, so it should have been noted.