Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Best and worst wheel to wheel racer on the grid poll.

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

Poll: Best and worst wheel to wheel racer on the grid. (506 member(s) have cast votes)

Who´s the best wheel to wheel racer on the grid?

1. Vettel (24 votes [4.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.74%

2. Webber (12 votes [2.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.37%

3. Alonso (95 votes [18.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.77%

4. Massa (3 votes [0.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.59%

5. Button (28 votes [5.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.53%

6. Perez (3 votes [0.59%] - View)

7. Räikkönen (214 votes [42.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.29%

8. Grosjean (1 votes [0.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.20%

9. Rosberg (2 votes [0.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.40%

10. Hamilton (117 votes [23.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.12%

11. Hulkenberg (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

12. Gutierrez (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Di Resta (0 votes [0.00%])

14. Sutil (1 votes [0.20%] - View)

15. Maldonado (2 votes [0.40%] - View)

16. Bottas (0 votes [0.00%])

17. Vergne (0 votes [0.00%])

18. Ricciardo (2 votes [0.40%] - View)

19. Other (2 votes [0.40%] - View)

Who´s the worst wheel to wheel racer on the grid?

1. Vettel (22 votes [4.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

2. Webber (9 votes [1.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.78%

3. Alonso (4 votes [0.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.79%

4. Massa (24 votes [4.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.74%

5. Button (5 votes [0.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.99%

6. Perez (155 votes [30.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.63%

7. Räikkönen (3 votes [0.59%] - View)

8. Grosjean (102 votes [20.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.16%

9. Rosberg (7 votes [1.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.38%

10. Hamilton (16 votes [3.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.16%

11. Hulkenberg (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Gutierrez (14 votes [2.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.77%

13. Di Resta (5 votes [0.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.99%

14. Sutil (3 votes [0.59%] - View)

15. Maldonado (125 votes [24.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.70%

16. Bottas (1 votes [0.20%] - View)

17. Vergne (1 votes [0.20%] - View)

18. Ricciardo (0 votes [0.00%])

19. Other (10 votes [1.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 Briz

Briz

• 339 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 19:39

A few things to consider about Vettel.

He had a lot of incidents in his Torro Rosso years, which most seem to have forgotten about. Or overlooked.

He has had the fastest and best car on the grid since 2010 (possibly even since mid-2009) in an era of DRS and KERS. Yet he still crashes a lot when he is caught in the chasing pack. Even as recently as Hungary when he damaged his front wing by driving into the back of Button.

Take Abu Dhabi 2012. He crashed into the back of a Torro Rosso and also with a DRS marker board. Under the Safety Car! He also overtook another car of the track and remembering his punishment after the German Grand Prix 2012 for the same offence, he wisely gave the place straight back.

Now, if a driver with a near four year advantage of having the fastest/best car on the grid in this era, is still error prone when it comes to wheel-to-wheel combat then there is clearly an inherent weakness present.

Such flawed analysis... I hope it is not on purpose.

Other than that I believe Kimi has the best control in wheel to wheel action, worst of the current lot seem to be Guttierez and Perez, it is always scary and unpredictable when they go side by side with someone.

Advertisement

#52 F1234

F1234

• 28 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 19:41

Such flawed analysis... I hope it is not on purpose.

Other than that I believe Kimi has the best control in wheel to wheel action, worst of the current lot seem to be Guttierez and Perez, it is always scary and unpredictable when they go side by side with someone.

"Such flawed analysis..." yet you can't even begin to refute what I've written. I hope it is not on purpose.

#53 Radion

Radion

• 781 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 19:44

Because the topic is about the best wheel to wheel racer and I'm pointing out that just as recently as Monza the driver currently winning the poll was outraced yet again by the no.1 racer on the grid, much like he did to Kimi his 1st year in F1, ironically also at Monza too...

Dude, hamilton's move on kimi was nothing special and has nothing to do with wheel to wheel. Look at the videos in the first post made. I still haven't seen any examples you gave me on why hamilton's supposed to be considred a better wtw racer than kimi.

Btw, button outraced hamilton in 2011. :rolleyes:

#54 ardbeg

ardbeg

• 1,029 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 19:46

I think that out of the top ten eye opening wheele to wheel battles in modern time that does not end with one car off the track or body parts spread around, Kimi is involved in 5 of those. So it is a quite easy pick. Still, although it is an easy choice, there is no saying it is correct. We must remember Kimi's Mclarens had a poor reliability and he had grid penalties more often than not, forcing him to battle through the field while Vettel on the other hand usually start from the front row. Hamilton is an excellent wheel to wheel racer, but he goes "all in" and that has resulted in quite a few crashes that he did not need. Alonso is also hard to judge, he is very good, has an awareness similar to Kimi's, but a bit like Hamilton, he expects the other to yeild.

#55 Briz

Briz

• 339 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 19:47

"Such flawed analysis..." yet you can't even begin to refute what I've written. I hope it is not on purpose.

I think everyone knows why your analysis was flawed, probably you do as well. Not refuting WAS on purpose - I don't want to go into detail and bore everyone with obvious statements. If you insist I will write you a PM.

#56 mardmarium

mardmarium

• 489 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 19:49

I am surprised with the amount of votes that Raikkonen has gotten. I am not saying that he doesn´t deserve those votes, it’s just that I don´t think he is better in wheel to wheel racing than Hamilton or Alonso for example. Talking about Hamilton, excels at both attack and defence, I only can say that it is a pleasure for me to see him in wheel to wheel racing mode, maybe I am biased but I have to like his driving style. Talking about Alonso, I love the way he analyze the whole race, including wheel to wheel racing, being a clinical driver, doing exactly what is needed, I have to like his driving style as well. Of course I think Raikkonen is a great wheel to wheel racer, I agree with most of the comments here talking about his skills in that regard, but I don´t think he is better than the drivers I have mentioned.  

By the way, I haven´t voted, I wouldn´t know who to vote for

#57 P123

P123

• 8,240 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 19:55

Dude, hamilton's move on kimi was nothing special and has nothing to do with wheel to wheel. Look at the videos in the first post made. I still haven't seen any examples you gave me on why hamilton's supposed to be considred a better wtw racer than kimi.

I don't think the idea of this topic is an attempt to find some sort of greatest overtaking move.  Albeit the move wasn't bad in anyway- Hamilton set Kimi up into the corner, didn't over commit on braking and took advantage of Raikkonen's compromised exit of the chicane caused by him defending on entry.  Fairly textbook stuff.

As for wheel to wheel, I'd think more of stuff like Montoya v Raikkonen at Hockenheim 2002 or Hamilton v Webber at Korea in 2011- i.e battles that last more than one corner.

#58 discover23

discover23

• 3,871 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 19:58

I think Lewis' move was great by the way, no DRS at all and just plain old overtaking tricks.. 

Vettel vs Webber this year was great stuff too..

#59 jedioriginal

jedioriginal

• 675 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 19:59

I think that out of the top ten eye opening wheele to wheel battles in modern time that does not end with one car off the track or body parts spread around, Kimi is involved in 5 of those. So it is a quite easy pick. Still, although it is an easy choice, there is no saying it is correct. We must remember Kimi's Mclarens had a poor reliability and he had grid penalties more often than not, forcing him to battle through the field while Vettel on the other hand usually start from the front row. Hamilton is an excellent wheel to wheel racer, but he goes "all in" and that has resulted in quite a few crashes that he did not need. Alonso is also hard to judge, he is very good, has an awareness similar to Kimi's, but a bit like Hamilton, he expects the other to yeild.

Very,very well said. I agree 100%

Advertisement

#60 mangeliiito

mangeliiito

• 198 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 20:02

I voted Alonso on best. He's probably neck and neck with Kimi. They both have superior car control and seems to know exactly where the car ends. Apart from some few (human) exceptions these guys don't make mistakes.

I voted Rosberg for worst. And that is because I don't think he fights fair. Guys like Maldonado and Grosjean who don't have total control of were the car is, can still learn. But I often get the feeling that Rosberg thinks it's okay to push people off, like he did with Alonso in Bahrain. That is just taking to far.

#61 Dozer

Dozer

• 137 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 20:02

I'll take your word for it that it was nothing special shall I? When Martin Brundle (I'll take his word over yours if I may) reckoned it was done in a car not as sorted as the Lotus?

A multi corner overtake has nothing to do with wheel to wheel? Are we really having this discussion?

I'll ignore your last sentence as I'm old enough to know a childish provocation when I see one; no F1 fan (and I mean a genuine fan) should ask for evidence of Hamilton's racing ability, even before F1 in identical cars he was doing this - http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MbjRFd205qo

#62 Currahee

Currahee

• 237 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 20:07

I can't believe someone voted for di Resta as the worst.

He's had quite a few wheel to wheel battles and very rarely has a coming together.

He can be trusted.

#63 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 20:16

Alonso is the best wheel-to-wheel racer IMO.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dQhRkLstonE

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=t3OV0B6XmoA

Edited by Kingshark, 16 September 2013 - 20:21.

#64 F1234

F1234

• 28 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 20:16

I think everyone knows why your analysis was flawed, probably you do as well. Not refuting WAS on purpose - I don't want to go into detail and bore everyone with obvious statements. If you insist I will write you a PM.

No, public will be fine. Seeing as you've made those comments public and now claim to speak on behalf of "everyone."

#65 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,189 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 20:23

Because the topic is about the best wheel to wheel racer and I'm pointing out that just as recently as Monza the driver currently winning the poll was outraced yet again by the no.1 racer on the grid, much like he did to Kimi his 1st year in F1, ironically also at Monza too...

Seriously, if that´s the best example you can bring to support your view that Hamilton is the best racer on the grid, you´re doing him no favour. If his best feat was to pass down a straight a car lacking KERS out of a slow corner, he would be screwed. :well:

On recent form, the best are Kimi, Button, Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel and di Resta is pretty fair too.  Worst this season has been Perez, although Grosjean and Maldonado have had their issues, mainly last season.

It´s a bit depressing we´re all able to name just the top drivers... you´re the first to name a midfield guy. Doesn´t fare well for the next generation, or maybe we´re not paying attention to the midfield :lol:

#66 ardbeg

ardbeg

• 1,029 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 20:23

No, public will be fine. Seeing as you've made those comments public and now claim to speak on behalf of "everyone."

In that case I think that "everyone" would like you to be more specific about the "lot of incidents in his Torro Rosso years" and "we" also wonder about how safety cars incidents and running into someone from behind translates to wheel-to-wheel racing. This threads title is not "Most incident prone driver on the grid" and even if it was, Vettel would not look so bad.

Edited by ardbeg, 16 September 2013 - 20:24.

#67 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 1,891 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 20:27

It's Raikkonen - followed by Webber, Hamilton, Alonso, Button, Vettel, all of them top-notch. (I just had to give Webbo the vote, he had none :blush:)

The worst - Maldonado then Perez.

Edited by OvDrone, 16 September 2013 - 20:28.

#68 Radion

Radion

• 781 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 20:30

I'll take your word for it that it was nothing special shall I? When Martin Brundle (I'll take his word over yours if I may) reckoned it was done in a car not as sorted as the Lotus?

A multi corner overtake has nothing to do with wheel to wheel? Are we really having this discussion?

I'll ignore your last sentence as I'm old enough to know a childish provocation when I see one; no F1 fan (and I mean a genuine fan) should ask for evidence of Hamilton's racing ability, even before F1 in identical cars he was doing this - http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MbjRFd205qo

Look, hamilton was faster than kimi and set the fastest lap at the end of the race. I won't discuss this anymore, you believe what ever brundle tells you.

And where did I ask for evidence of hamilton's racing ability? I asked for examples you could provide to tell me why hamilton is a better wtw racer than raikkonen.

Edited by Radion, 16 September 2013 - 20:32.

#69 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,205 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 20:32

It´s a bit depressing we´re all able to name just the top drivers... you´re the first to name a midfield guy. Doesn´t fare well for the next generation, or maybe we´re not paying attention to the midfield :lol:

Hey! I named di Resta 19 minutes before P123 did. I want my mini point! :p

It's interesting, because midfield guys are usually involved in more wheel-to-wheel action than the top-guys but, somehow, most of the new generation guys (with very honourable exceptions) seem to be remembered for bad calls. Some people think it's because they have lost the fear to a deathly accident...

#70 SpartanChas

SpartanChas

• 736 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 20:35

Probably would put Rosberg or chilton as worst for being like wet newspapers too often. Grosjean and Perez have their ups and downs at least.

Best is between Alonso, kimi, Hamilton and Button.

#71 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 20:48

The final few laps of Spa 2008 are enough evidence for me to believe that Hamilton is a better racer than Raikkonen. Lewis made Kimi look like a rookie there.

I don't understand why so many people are voting Raikkonen anyway. If there was ever a wheel-to-wheel scenario between Kimi and Lewis where both had identical machinery, and they were going side-by-side into a heavy braking zone, I'd bet my car that Lewis would out-brake Kimi, every single day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

I also don't think Raikkonen is any cleaner than Hamilton either. Lewis, contradictory to popular beliefs, is quite clean when racing. He hasn't been involved in an incident which was over 50% his fault since Singapore 2011.

#72 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 20:53

Well, if it's not 'on purpose' then it indicates that you don't understand what you're watching. It is disingenuous from the off, not least because of your sweeping statement about the 'best car', implying Vettel's had the best car at every race for the last 4 years or more, which is patently and demonstrably not true. From there you continue in much the same vein, holding Vettel singularly responsible for every contact you could bring to mind, ignoring circumstance and in implying they were all easily avoidable.

Personally I don't think Vettel's the best wheel to wheel racer on the grid, but your analysis doesn't strike me as coming from someone who's being very objective.

#73 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,189 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 20:55

Hey! I named di Resta 19 minutes before P123 did. I want my mini point! :p

It's interesting, because midfield guys are usually involved in more wheel-to-wheel action than the top-guys but, somehow, most of the new generation guys (with very honourable exceptions) seem to be remembered for bad calls. Some people think it's because they have lost the fear to a deathly accident...

You´ll get a "like" instead :lol:

Bottas is another one that doesn´t look too bad/unsafe.

#74 discover23

discover23

• 3,871 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 20:58

For me the best way to answer this question is who would you be willing to be your house on if you had to to pick 1 out of 4 drivers to win a 1 lap shootout in equal machinery. I can predict the outcome will be ...Alonso, Lewis, Vettel, Kimi.. .. in this order... we'll have to ask the bookies..

#75 rijole1

rijole1

• 632 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 20:59

I think Kimi is best, but Hamilton and Alonso are great too, really entertaining to watch.

Perez wins the "worst-contest" in my opinion.

As somebody earlier said - It's not only that he makes idiot-moves - he doesn't even realize that.

Wonder if he is ever going to learn from his mistakes?

My other worst-candidates - Grosjean and Maldonado - have really learnt some racing manners since last year -

so thumbs up for them for the good work!  :up:

#76 ardbeg

ardbeg

• 1,029 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:01

For me the best way to answer this question is who would you be willing to be your house on if you had to to pick 1 out of 4 drivers to win a 1 lap shootout in equal machinery. I can predict the outcome will be ...Alonso, Lewis, Vettel, Kimi.. .. in this order... we'll have to ask the bookies..

You forgot to add the question. It is obviously not the question in this poll.

#77 JeePee

JeePee

• 467 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:12

If there was ever a wheel-to-wheel scenario between Kimi and Lewis where both had identical machinery, and they were going side-by-side into a heavy braking zone, I'd bet my car that Lewis would out-brake Kimi, every single day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BwyF1BZgyuo

http://youtu.be/3VX6Mk-PodY?t=1m5s

:drunk:

Edited by JeePee, 16 September 2013 - 21:15.

#78 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 1,418 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:13

Overall Raikkonen for me, it's is the reason he is one of my favourites. He's smart, clean, and shows respect to other cars on track. Hamilton is very good too, but he is not as clean on some occasions. Perez is probably the worst IMO, for example his moves in Monaco were pretty dirty to me. It seems he's getting a bit of a reputation for his driving as well. I think he will improve though.

Edited by MikeV1987, 16 September 2013 - 21:21.

#79 BillBald

BillBald

• 3,438 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:15

Button is indeed another excellent racer. His awareness and fairness are top stuff.

He´s also got the "too gentle tag" on him, and again it´s an unfair one. He´s pulled moves from awful long way back on the brakes too when he felt it was possible. Bahrain 2006 springs to mind.

Spa 2011 we saw Button pass Schumi on the inside at the bus stop. He came from so far behind that Schumi didn't even think he needed to defend.

And in the same race, he passed Massa on the outside at the same place.

Advertisement

#80 F1234

F1234

• 28 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:16

In that case I think that "everyone" would like you to be more specific about the "lot of incidents in his Torro Rosso years" and "we" also wonder about how safety cars incidents and running into someone from behind translates to wheel-to-wheel racing. This threads title is not "Most incident prone driver on the grid" and even if it was, Vettel would not look so bad.

It's funny how you're not demanding on behalf of "everyone" for Afterburner to be more specific about, "Vettel has made the fewest errors in terms of at-fault contact since 2010"  nor are you demanding of Gorma for him to explain a statement which defines the criteria as "...collisions in a career." Funny that. Afterall, it is my replies to these posts with criteria defined by other posters which you seem to take issue with?

Torro Rosso...what was it? Four first-lap race ending collisions alone for Vettel in 2008? As for the "wheel-to wheel" I've already explained. Some see overtaking/wheel-to-wheel as two separate things. I don't. It is part of the same process so you can't separate it. Even then I gave multiple examples of where Vettel has hit cars from behind and collided with cars whilst side-by-side. Moreover, it should be fairly obvious to point out that a driver who can crash into a DRS marker board during the safety car (also into Webber, Japan 07) is likely to have more trouble than most when it comes to overtaking.

"Thread title is not...'Most incident prone driver on the grid'...Vettel would not look so bad."

He would and indeed does. Particularly amongst the front-running drivers.

#81 ardbeg

ardbeg

• 1,029 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:18

Please, all, 'overtaking' != 'wheel-to-wheel racing'.

#82 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 1,418 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:18

Some how it always becomes a Vettel slag fest.

#83 kimister

kimister

• 935 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:21

The best on this area is Raikkonen, followed by Alonso and Hamilton (not always though ). He has incredible instincts and control on the car. For example, I remember one of his overtakes on Button at Australia 2006. I am still amazed how he managed to keep the car on the road  :eek: or suzuka 2005 on Fisichella , germany 2012 on Di resta , Australia 2013 Hamilton, spa 2013 on Gutierrez (?), so on...

Worst one is Perez for me. He is so unpredictable ,so a big danger for overtaking or defending driver. 

#84 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:21

That would test qualifying speed, not racecraft.

A much better way to answer this question, would be to place the top 4 drivers all in equal cars, and place 10 AI cars ahead of them, who are about 1 second/lap slower. There's no DRS. Whoever clears the AI pack first without touching any car, wins the prize as best overtaker in the field.  :wave:

#85 F1234

F1234

• 28 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:23

Please, all, 'overtaking' != 'wheel-to-wheel racing'.

What?

#86 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:26

Jenson's wheel-to-wheel is a weakness for him.  Always has been.  He's got better but it's not really in his DNA, metronomic clear air lappery is his forte.  Wheel to wheel the other guy wins more often than not.  He avoids contact, is all you can say.

#87 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:27

Notice the wording "equal cars" in my comment. Lotus and Mercedes were sure as hell not equal in Australia this year.

As for your second video, I don't think you understood "side by side" either. The Ferrari was already a full car-length ahead of the McLaren before they even braked for Les Combes.

This is what I call out-braking;

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fzFDvZhntvQ

;)

Edited by Kingshark, 16 September 2013 - 21:27.

#88 SkunkyZA

SkunkyZA

• 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:29

Like an idiot I didn't pay attention to what I was doing and voted Hamilton the worst so ignore that Hamilton vote  :mad: 

In any case Vettel is underrated, Hamilton is brilliant, Raikkonen also and of course Alonso and Webber. Difficult decision to make in all honesty.

As for worst, well I would say Maldonado probably.

#89 ardbeg

ardbeg

• 1,029 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:30

What?

It's true. 

#90 F1234

F1234

• 28 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:31

Well, if it's not 'on purpose' then it indicates that you don't understand what you're watching. It is disingenuous from the off, not least because of your sweeping statement about the 'best car', implying Vettel's had the best car at every race for the last 4 years or more, which is patently and demonstrably not true. From there you continue in much the same vein, holding Vettel singularly responsible for every contact you could bring to mind, ignoring circumstance and in implying they were all easily avoidable.

Personally I don't think Vettel's the best wheel to wheel racer on the grid, but your analysis doesn't strike me as coming from someone who's being very objective.

Ah yeah, here's one of the "Vettel thought police."

"...implying Vettel's had the best car at every race for the last 4 years or more..."

Well, that's your inference, not mine. Please don't wrongly attribute any more inferences of your own to my posts.

"...holding Vettel singularly responsible for every contact you could bring to mind..."

Oh, I spoke too soon. There you are inferring again. Just think, I didn't mention the Karthekeyan collision in Malaysia 2012. See if you can work out why...

"...ignoring circumstance and in implying they were all easily avoidable."

"Cicrumstance?" Or would be more likely the case of you offering excuses and apologies on behalf of Vettel?

"...doesn't strike me as coming from someone who's being very objective."

Yet I think exactly the same about you! So there we are. So now all that is done and dusted, no more inferences and labelling. Thanks.

#91 F1234

F1234

• 28 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:32

It's true. 

What's true? The problem is that your previous post is poorly written and typed, so it's not clear what you're trying to say.

#92 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,189 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:33

Notice the wording "equal cars" in my comment. Lotus and Mercedes were sure as hell not equal in Australia this year.

In a pass there´s always a fast car passing a slower one. That´s why they´re racing in the first place.

And if you´re implying it was easy to outbrake Lewis there that day, some disagree with you, it wasn´t that easy, not for everybody at least.

http://youtu.be/8DubbiKoW3Y?t=33s

#93 Taxi

Taxi

• 3,034 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:36

Kimi's the best nowadays. I get the impression that rally made him even better.  Alonso, Button, Hamilton are close. 

Worse: Perez made some stupid moves so far, but I'm always afraid of Grosjean in the midle of the pack. Close too. 

#94 ardbeg

ardbeg

• 1,029 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:38

What's true? The problem is that your previous post is poorly written and typed, so it's not clear what you're trying to say.

I don't think it can be written much clearer, actually.

#95 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:39

In a pass there´s always a fast car passing a slower one. That´s why they´re racing in the first place.

And if you´re implying it was easy to outbrake Lewis there that day, some disagree with you, it wasn´t that easy, not for everybody at least.

http://youtu.be/8DubbiKoW3Y?t=33s

Lewis put up quite a bit more of a fight against Fernando than he did against Kimi, as that should be visible to the naked eye.

But since you do bring up the fact that it's always faster cars overtaking slower ones, I think that these should be valid:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5K9P9z_Lwa0

#96 F1234

F1234

• 28 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:45

I don't think it can be written much clearer, actually.

Clearly it could. Your use of "please" is ambiguous, misuse of commas, an inexplicable use of a '!' next to a '=' etc etc.

:confused:

More importantly, you've not responded to any of my points in #81 which addressed your accusations of #67. Funny that.

Edited by F1234, 16 September 2013 - 21:46.

#97 GuilhermeMach

GuilhermeMach

• 18 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:47

Clearly it could. Your use of "please" is ambiguous, misuse of commas, an inexplicable use of a '!' next to a '='

More importantly, you've not responded to any of my points in #81 which addressed your accusations of #67. Funny that.

'!=' is a way of writting a "different than" symbol in some programing languages. You could have googled that in a second and spared us a few useless posts.

#98 JeePee

JeePee

• 467 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:49

This is what I call out-braking;

;)

How do you call this?

http://youtu.be/tTpdT6w3yDI?t=19s

#99 ardbeg

ardbeg

• 1,029 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:50

Clearly it could. Your use of "please" is ambiguous, misuse of commas, an inexplicable use of a '!' next to a '=' etc etc.

Yes, sorry, I am tired and felt like teasing you. '!=' is the same as 'not equal to' in most programming languages. The single quote signs are used to group characters without making an actual quote.

Your points in #81 & (and) #67 I simply ignored and you should be thankful fot that.

Advertisement

#100 F1234

F1234

• 28 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 21:51

'!=' is a way of writting a "different than" symbol in some programing languages. You could have googled that in a second and spared us a few useless posts.

Oh right. Funnily enough I thought this was a forum about motorsports, not programming languages where posts are meant to be written in English, rather than in programming code.