• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,395 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:06

Planned FIA engine development freeze, 2015-2020

As per the current 2014 Technical Regulations:

Upper/lower crankcase: Cylinder bore spacing, deck height, bank stagger.

Crankshaft: Crank throw, main bearing journal diameter, rod bearing journal diameter.

Air valve system: Including compressor, air pressure regulation devices.

Upper/lower crankcase: All dimensions including cylinder bore position relative to legality volume, water core.

Valve drive – camshafts: From camshaft lobe to gear train. Geometry except lift profile. Includes damping systems linked to camshaft. Exhaust and Inlet.

Valve drive: Position and geometry. Gear train down to crankshaft gear included, and dampers.

Covers: Covers closing the areas in contact with engine oil cam covers, cam-timing covers.

Ancilliaries drive: From ancillary to power source. Includes position of the ancillaries as far as drive is concerned.

Valves axis position: Includes angle but excludes axial displacement.

Valves drive: From valve to camshaft lobe. Position and geometry. Exhaust and inlet. Includes valve return function inside the head.

Crankshaft: Except crank throw, main bearing journal diameter, rod bearing journal diameter. Includes crankshaft bearings.

Oil pressure pumps: Including filter but excluding internal if no impact on body.

Oil scavenge systems: Any scavenging system.

Cylinder head: Except modifications linked to subsequent modifications.

Combustion: All parts of parts defining combustion including ports, piston crown, combustion chamber, valves geometry, timing, lift, injector nozzle, coils, spark plug but excluding valves position.

Con rods: Including small and big end bearings.

Pistons: Including bearings and pin. Excluding crown.

Oil recuperation: Oil/air separator, oil tank, catch tank.

Engine water pumps: Include power unit mounted water pipes.

Injection systems: Power unit-mounted fuel system components e.g. high pressure fuel hose, fuel rail, fuel injectors, accumulators but excluding injector nozzle.

Inlet system: Plenum and associated actuators. Excluding pressure charging, trumpets and throttle associated parts and actuators. Trumpets and associated parts and actuators. Throttles and associated parts and actuators.

Pressure charging: From compressor inlet to compressor outlet. From turbine inlet to turbine outlet. External actuators linked to pressure charging.

Ignition system: Ignition coils, driver box.

Lubrication: All parts in which circulates oil under pressure (oil pump gears, channels, piping, jets) and not mentioned elsewhere in the table.

Friction coatings

Sliding or rotating seals

Complete Motor Generator Units for Heat and Kinetic energy – all internals including bearings, casing, etc…, their position, transmission and power electronics.

Energy Store: Cells.

Energy Recovery System – Cooling/lubrication: Including energy store jackets, pipes, pumps, actuators.

Edited by eronrules, 17 September 2013 - 02:09.

Advertisement

#2 Tonka

Tonka

• 834 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:24

No changes - unless you've designed a piss poor (French or Italian) engine.

Freezing improvements, so much for F1 being the bleeding edge of development.

#3 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,218 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:36

I suppose the "TC" in the thread title stands for turbocharged? You got me worried for a minute there thinking traction control was back...

#4 maverick69

maverick69

• 5,975 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:46

I suppose the "TC" in the thread title stands for turbocharged? You got me worried for a minute there thinking traction control was back...

I think TC will be back..... but just in purely electrical form........

#5 vista

vista

• 1,351 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:47

Posted this link in the "mercedes engine to have 100hp advantage"-thread. I expect costs to rise dramatically because of this gradually freezing.