DFV ancillaries

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 15:38

A general question.....

Does anyone have good photos or drawings, preferably with dimensions, of the items that are bolted on to the lower sides of a working DFV engine?

It is likely that a relation of mine will be needing to make dummies of things like a water pump and an oil pump etc, in the near future.

Obviously, a seized or broken real one of the above items would be even better but we are thinking that the chances of obtaining same are relatively slim.

You may glean from this request that progress may soon be made in the matter of a partial restoration of an old racing car.

Advertisement

#2 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,607 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 16:09

There's an awful lot of abstruse data on the DFV on this site, but unfortunately very little about the ancillaries. Something in there may possibly be of use, though:

http://www.historice.../dfv/specs.html

#3 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 16:31

I just get a blank page with that link, Tim.

#4 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,607 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 16:39

Oh dear - it still works fine for me. Here's that site's home page with a link to the DFV page - I wonder if this will work any better:

http://www.historice....com/index.html

#5 ianbuddery

ianbuddery

• 17 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 21:35

A general question.....

Does anyone have good photos or drawings, preferably with dimensions, of the items that are bolted on to the lower sides of a working DFV engine?

It is likely that a relation of mine will be needing to make dummies of things like a water pump and an oil pump etc, in the near future.

Obviously, a seized or broken real one of the above items would be even better but we are thinking that the chances of obtaining same are relatively slim.

You may glean from this request that progress may soon be made in the matter of a partial restoration of an old racing car.

#6 ianbuddery

ianbuddery

• 17 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 21:44

I have the drawings, email your contact details to me. ijb@mgroup.biz

Extremely difficult to "dummy", the oil pumps are complex castings. Also difficult to buy, broken or otherwise. You can contact Cosworth directly and ask for advice, I've always found them helpful.