* * * * - 2 votes

Lotus E21 (part 3)

• Please log in to reply
2440 replies to this topic

#851 jedioriginal

jedioriginal

• 675 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 19:07

Have you ever had a job? You NEVER talk about the finances and the contract with your employeer OUTSIDE. Even if it would be as shit as there is no tomorrow, you simply do not talk about that. You leave the company and sue the ex-employeer. That is seriously unprofessional. Especially that the situation last year was the same. He is pretty aware that Lotus gets money in different pattern than other teams. Lopez said that Genii for example loan cash that later goes as "sponsorship" and similar. He was paid after last year as well. 

So no mate. Lotus wasn't maybe the best over here, but the Kimi was clearly the worst in the case. YOU NEVER BADMOUTH your ex-employeer and especially current.

Be in Formula 1 to make money??... That is contradiction. His company has no selling product like RBR, Ferrari, Mercedes or even McLaren.
And yes, I think he gives a shit about Formula 1, he even bought god damn Senna's gloves. And he has plenty of cars, cause he loves motorsport. If he wouldn't love the sport he wouldn't be here, cause there are easier methods to get clients.

Do you really think, that someone is willing to spent his private cash to pay bills of one of his drivers in his team? That isn't how it works mate. You seperate company's wallet and yours.

Well then i quess it depends what kind of business your job is. Cos in my line of work if your company does not pay you and RESPECT your contract you will and you can talk about it in public,its normal.That's why we have contracts. So you say that Lopez should not spend his own money to pay Kimi but Kimi has to pay his own travel expenses with his own money...Whats up with that?

Advertisement

#852 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 19:13

Well then i quess it depends what kind of business your job is. Cos in my line of work if your company does not pay you and RESPECT your contract you will and you can talk about it in public,its normal.That's why we have contracts. So you say that Lopez should not spend his own money to pay Kimi but Kimi has to pay his own travel expenses with his own money...Whats up with that?

I believe that Lotus could afford his fly tickets. :]  well when we talk about contracts, don't few of them, involve things like "destroying image of the company" or about financials? 

Well maybe it is the environment or so, at least in my country it is quite odd to talk about such stuff outside the room.

Edited by Shiroo, 07 October 2013 - 19:13.

#853 jedioriginal

jedioriginal

• 675 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 19:22

I believe that Lotus could afford his fly tickets. :]  well when we talk about contracts, don't few of them, involve things like "destroying image of the company" or about financials? 
Well maybe it is the environment or so, at least in my country it is quite odd to talk about such stuff outside the room.

I get what you are saying,i really do. Kimi probably should have stayed silent,atleast untill this seasons end.Imo Kimi went public with this as an LAST resort,after getting tired of 2years of empty promises. There is a limit how long you can lie or make empty promises before people will get angry.

#854 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 19:22

Have you ever had a job? You NEVER talk about the finances and the contract with your employeer OUTSIDE. Even if it would be as shit as there is no tomorrow, you simply do not talk about that. You leave the company and sue the ex-employeer. That is seriously unprofessional. Especially that the situation last year was the same. He is pretty aware that Lotus gets money in different pattern than other teams. Lopez said that Genii for example loan cash that later goes as "sponsorship" and similar. He was paid after last year as well. 

Even if you are not paid your salaries in time? A typical employee in the case you mention would leave the team once the monthly salaries are being defaulted and would sue the company. Is that what you want Kimi to do?

So no mate. Lotus wasn't maybe the best over here, but the Kimi was clearly the worst in the case. YOU NEVER BADMOUTH your ex-employeer and especially current.

It is not badmouthing exactly. What he said is true even though Lotus would have preferred him not say it. It is an inconvenient truth. Let me be clear. I myself particular don't like nor understand Kimi's statement. But having followed Kimi a long time, I think there may be reasons and we don't know what happened behind the doors. He certainly is not known to making statements like that if one looks from the outside. But I certainly dont' agree that it is badmouthing. It is frustrating, embarrassing, unnecessary may be..

Do you really think, that someone is willing to spent his private cash to pay bills of one of his drivers in his team? That isn't how it works mate. You seperate company's wallet and yours.

Would you expect company employees to spend out of their pockets for job-related expenses like flight-tickets and expect them wait until the end of the year for reimbursement?

#855 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 19:41

Even if you are not paid your salaries in time? A typical employee in the case you mention would leave the team once the monthly salaries are being defaulted and would sue the company. Is that what you want Kimi to do?

It is not badmouthing exactly. What he said is true even though Lotus would have preferred him not say it. It is an inconvenient truth. Let me be clear. I myself particular don't like nor understand Kimi's statement. But having followed Kimi a long time, I think there may be reasons and we don't know what happened behind the doors. He certainly is not known to making statements like that if one looks from the outside. But I certainly dont' agree that it is badmouthing. It is frustrating, embarrassing, unnecessary may be..

Would you expect company employees to spend out of their pockets for job-related expenses like flight-tickets and expect them wait until the end of the year for reimbursement?

Aren't you spending your cash for flight-tickets or gas or whatever, in company calls? I mean, i usually need to drive 300kms, pay for the gas, but later I add it to the costs and company pay it for me. So basically it is pretty normal for me. He would have the cash back as well.

And you never had delayed cash due to some company problems or waiting for finalizing the deal? I first-handed didn't experience it yet, but some of my friends needed to wait for like 3-4 months for the cash. Or they were getting the cash by parts.

Well I would be fired for declaring such stuff about my company (though it isn't true ofcourse). And most companies would fire you for talking about the company finances and their problems outside. More or less, it is destroying the company image. And I would say, that the same can be applied to the team.

In my opinion, Kimi shouldn't talk about that. First of all, he should finish the season, change the team, then sue the Lotus if they couldn't pay him back. For me, he acted unprofessional, but we might have different opinion on that, and I really respect yours. So no hard feelings, but I would solve the matter in different way.

#856 ph7

ph7

• 24 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 20:46

Did you notice Valsecchi's reaction to Kimi's overtake?  (I assume it was for that)

Quite funny moment. "Oh, look, he's overtaking him!! Is this allowed?" 

#857 Callisto

Callisto

• 2,654 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 21:12

Did you notice Valsecchi's reaction to Kimi's overtake? (I assume it was for that)

I Kinda got a "Nice one" expression from him about the overtake

Edited by Callisto, 07 October 2013 - 21:14.

#858 ph7

ph7

• 24 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 21:36

I Kinda got a "Nice one" expression from him about the overtake

Yeah in the end he has a "Nice one" smile, but in the beginning he looks very surprised while all the others around him have no reaction whatsoever 

#859 jjurado

jjurado

• 65 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 21:39

Valsecchi alwas talks great about kimi, he is a huge fan of Kimi, I got the impression that he was saying like ''wtf is Romain doing'' something like ''look he pushed kimi out''

Did you notice Valsecchi's reaction to Kimi's overtake?  (I assume it was for that)

Advertisement

#860 moistabduction

moistabduction

• 34 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 23:01

If a company doesn't want it's employees  badmouthing, then they should try to keep the employee happy. Besides this was a comment Lotus could/should have used for their advantage, by getting the sympathies on their side, but they managed to turn it to shit by getting all defensive and backstabbing about it. All they had to do was to make a public apology to Kimi, where they would tell that the financial situation isn't all they wanted right now, but they guarantee that they'll do all it takes to pay him at the end of the season. Instead they got all emotional and acted like he blew out some big secret they were trying to fool their upcoming sponsors with.

Kimi's statement was either a pretty unprofessional comment on the teams finances or a thought out stab towards the owners to put some pressure into getting the missing money.

Besides F1 is a big show, and an expensive hobby for some billionaires. The code and etiquette of a regular real company does not apply in formula 1

#861 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,670 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 23:31

Please get back to discussing the developments on the car.

#862 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,747 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:46

well Kimi could be pissed off at Lopez, but if he was aware that he will be paid at the end of the season, yet he told the media about the situation, well then I simply have no words for it.

First of all, he shouldn't bad mouth his own employeer, that is simply unprofessional, especially that the team was really behind him.

Kimi has never slacked his employers before and in this latest case he just answered a question. IMO Kimi was not disrespectful - the contracts bind both parties and I would very much like to meet anyone who´d claim that Kimi has not kept his part. If it is true that he has for some time now paid for his own travels and accommodations :confused: :confused:

I would even go as far as to claim that some people who for some reason resent Kimi have just been waiting for a situation like this to drag him down. Kimi has openly acknowledged his gratitude to Lotus for giving him a chance to return and paid the team handsomely back with the results.

I have to congratulate the Enstone squad for having found the extra speed at this time of the season. Good results from to distinctly different tracks show that the car is quite good in any conditions. Suzuka should suit them well - if I´m not totally mistaken the tyre load distributes more evenly due to the layout of the track.

Edited by Konsta, 08 October 2013 - 05:49.

#863 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,747 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:54

But the same courtesy does not extend to Kimi who pays for his own travels and hotels?

#864 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,224 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:10

guys ... kimi's salary has noting to do with E21, as the mod already gave us the warning

Jedioriginal, shiroo and Spamaster ... why don't you three just get a room already  :o

#865 Artkab2013

Artkab2013

• 233 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:18

Aren't you spending your cash for flight-tickets or gas or whatever, in company calls? I mean, i usually need to drive 300kms, pay for the gas, but later I add it to the costs and company pay it for me. So basically it is pretty normal for me. He would have the cash back as well.

And you never had delayed cash due to some company problems or waiting for finalizing the deal? I first-handed didn't experience it yet, but some of my friends needed to wait for like 3-4 months for the cash. Or they were getting the cash by parts.

Well I would be fired for declaring such stuff about my company (though it isn't true ofcourse). And most companies would fire you for talking about the company finances and their problems outside. More or less, it is destroying the company image. And I would say, that the same can be applied to the team.

In my opinion, Kimi shouldn't talk about that. First of all, he should finish the season, change the team, then sue the Lotus if they couldn't pay him back. For me, he acted unprofessional, but we might have different opinion on that, and I really respect yours. So no hard feelings, but I would solve the matter in different way.

Hilarious stuff. You twisted everything as much as possible without blink of an eye.

Genii didn't respect contract in the first place, for a second year in a row - that's why Kimi could do and talk whatever he wants. He has every right. If not - he should be kicked like Petrov after his disrespectful interview. But why it didn't happen with Kimi? Surprise.

Besides what do you think about other top technical stuff walked out from Lotus - they are also morons and rats, because from your small life experience gas bills covers everything. :rotfl:

#866 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,224 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:25

i never realized that the starter motor hole was that big

KbyR36p.jpg

the air from the tunnel is blown through that hole. however, in my view, only extracting some air around sidepod and blowing through the hole shouldn't give any significant DF since the air should be highly turbulent.

however, i do suppose they somehow energize the air going through the tunnel ... perhaps heat transfer from the Gear box or a portion of exhaust gas is channeled through the tunnel. any theory???

another thought, why don't they use the radiator exit as well to blow through that hole??? that's copious volume of hot air coming out of the radiators i presume. 

another thought for 2014, we all know Exhaust blowing i.e coanda would be impossible, but seating the diffuser edge using hot gases might still be possible, we know there will be multiple heat generating units, i,e intercooler, turbo cooler, radiator exhaust, ERS exhaust etc. again that's a way to energize the cool air entering the radiator inlet.

will it be possible to replicate the coanda/blown exhaust effect using only the hot radiator air alone, specially with cars using tunnels???

#867 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,224 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:33

also ... i dont' know if posted earlier ...

Grosjean Vs. Rosberg

1xa.gif

#868 Smirnov

Smirnov

• 44 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:51

Knowing Kimi as a man of his words and honest I think Lopez or Boiler really crossed the line and Kimi did not keep silence as it was with Ferrari. Lopes really made a lot of mistakes by trying not fair play and thinking Kimi is that simple guy you could easily outplay. LWB was a measure to tell Kimi what he will get if not sign a contract. Now watch trash talk from the team a second after Kimis first non podium finish. Hates off to Lotus engineers. But they could really be in the leads and got more prize money for 2 place WCc if Kimi got the car that uses his drivers style pros to limit Interesting to see who will want to have a deal with such people like Lopes and Boiler after all their failures and not wise decisions . That will be a lesson for them for not fair play.

#869 Smirnov

Smirnov

• 44 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:05

I think in Suzuka that will be another 2th 3th finish for the team. This time the team will do everything to GRO finish ahead. The team really needs that for their future to find a sponsor. Did anyone mentioned Kimi got his front wing damaged in Q3 last race?

#870 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:09

Knowing Kimi as a man of his words and honest I think Lopez or Boiler really crossed the line and Kimi did not keep silence as it was with Ferrari. Lopes really made a lot of mistakes by trying not fair play and thinking Kimi is that simple guy you could easily outplay. LWB was a measure to tell Kimi what he will get if not sign a contract. Now watch trash talk from the team a second after Kimis first non podium finish. Hates off to Lotus engineers. But they could really be in the leads and got more prize money for 2 place WCc if Kimi got the car that uses his drivers style pros to limit Interesting to see who will want to have a deal with such people like Lopes and Boiler after all their failures and not wise decisions . That will be a lesson for them for not fair play.

Mate, LWB is kind of preparation for the next season, cause longer bodywork might make a difference (at least in opinion of Lotus engineering staff). Trash talk? They stated the obvious that Kimi would be beaten by Grosjean in both Korea and Singapor, yet he won vs him, due to fact that he had a) a bit more reliable car in the race         b) luck with SC

They didn't trash him, they stated the fact. 

Also you really want to tell me, that they should abandon ideas for next year, because Kimi would be more happy with different development path.

I think in Suzuka that will be another 2th 3th finish for the team. This time the team will do everything to GRO finish ahead. The team really needs that for their future to find a sponsor. Did anyone mentioned Kimi got his front wing damaged in Q3 last race?

The same way as they did in Korea with not stating team orders?... Man please, give a proof of such statements. 

Edited by Shiroo, 08 October 2013 - 07:10.

#871 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:21

Why did Grosjean think he even had a shot at a team order in his favor? Something has changed.

Any sign of the Renault deal yet?

#872 Smirnov

Smirnov

• 44 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:21

Shiroo, sorry but it is only your opinion. Seems like you are a Lotus employee or a French that defend his teams odd moves. You ignore many facts that make Lotus bad PR and you still say everything is ok with that.

#873 Oho

Oho

• 7,588 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:22

b) luck with SC

Well that's really not true is it. Sure thing SC was necessary but not sufficient, he still had to pull the rabbit out of the hat with a pass on a car that should have been more than half a second up for tire wear alone.

Edited by Oho, 08 October 2013 - 07:30.

#874 Smirnov

Smirnov

• 44 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:29

We have a tv commentator here who was always anti Kimi because of Petrov. But even he admired that Lotus made an odd move and show lack of sportsmanship by routing for GRO to overtook Kimi. That was ridiculous what Permian ordered GRO to smile at podium and Bullier had to have on air with GRO. Later they tried to make it as good moves and downplay what they did but at first that was an act of aggression against Kimi. They lost control of the situation and their calm.

Edited by Smirnov, 08 October 2013 - 07:31.

#875 Oho

Oho

• 7,588 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:29

Why did Grosjean think he even had a shot at a team order in his favor? Something has changed.

Finnish tabloid suggested standing no intra team racing team orders at Lotus, and stated that as the reason why Grosjean was so miffed at the end. If true that has some interesting implications on the orders issued earlier this season, i.e Räikkönen needed team orders to pass him not to least because enforced team policy prohibited it otherwise. Of course given the state of affairs in this occasion Räikkönen gave diddly if such policy was in place and Lotus, well, were powerless to do too much about it given they probably are in breach of contract.

Edited by Oho, 08 October 2013 - 07:32.

#876 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,160 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:07

Posts not being removed doesn't mean it's okay to respond to them after a mod or admin has told the thread it needs to get back on track. That was a line being drawn under things. So, to repeat, this is not a thread about the drivers or how the drivers are managed. Drop it and get back to talking about the car.

Take the discussion of Kimi vs Romain here: http://forums.autosp...15#entry6455067 or start a new thread if you've got stuff to say that doesn't fit there either.

Or you can ignore the warnings and carry on the derails. Fair warning, the price of doing that and having to have the last word is I will probably make you sit out the Japanese GP at the very least.

#877 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,539 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:59

A bit hard to tell I think, but it seems the LWB Lotus chassis, has the same wheel-base as the Mercedes? Give or take an inch, but it looks very similar.

#878 Smirnov

Smirnov

• 44 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:45

That is a strange topic structure here on autosport:

- i don't know where i can talk driver only

- i don't know where i can talk team only, not car.

#879 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,224 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:54

driver only threads have been banned since the beginning of this year to stop some of the shitstorm that you've not seen   ;)

regarding rules and regs ... follow the signature of any mods ... or click here ....

http://forums.autosp...revised-112013/

http://forums.autosp...tion=boardrules

Advertisement

#880 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:08

Well that's really not true is it. Sure thing SC was necessary but not sufficient, he still had to pull the rabbit out of the hat with a pass on a car that should have been more than half a second up for tire wear alone.

I agree completely mate. But he wouldn't have even a chance witjhout SC. As Permane said, Kimi will use that little amount of luck that he has sometimes. So no doubts about that.

Btw Taki Inoue joined the Lotus F1 Team :rotfl:

Also the car should be great at Suzuka. Hopeful for double podium again

Edited by Shiroo, 08 October 2013 - 10:10.

#881 Oldie

Oldie

• 88 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:32

Talking about LWB and SWB..

As said, LWB was introduced as a first test of Lotus new CFD equipment. As you can't run tests on track anymore (the pillar Ferrari's success relied heavily on before restrictions). CFD is the way to go and it showed better tyre life, and futher potential for developments wit LWB. And of course they introduced it now 2013, to see wether CFD simulations correlate with reality and save them from the potential embarrassment for 2014. As they now are going to have reference between both SWB and LWB on a same car.
Ffs, it was not introduced to make Kimi look bad.

The problems Kimi is having now, and Grosjean had first half of the season is more down to the tyres and their change. Both drivers have confirmed this. Kim is struggling to get the tyres work, to find the best setup for single lap without hampering the tyre life in the race.
it can't be said that LWB makes the car understeery, as it can very well prep up the tyres better and make the setup window larger for making the car tend to oversteer. It is all down to the tyres and their characteristics combined with the car and driver characteristics.

Interesting to see how the LWB helps the team getting the harder compounds work better for them in Suzuka, if it does that at all.

Edited by Oldie, 08 October 2013 - 11:32.

#882 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,224 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 13:54

Suzuka – Kimi: “This is one I remember very well”

http://www.lotusf1te...ng-is-All-About

After a fight up the order to second place in Korea, our Finn is at the top of his game heading to one of his very favourite circuits, Suzuka…

Q: SUZUKA IS UP NEXT; WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE CIRCUIT?
KR: .... but this is a track I look forward to every season. It’s a proper circuit that’s been around for a many years, and you can understand why as it’s a challenge for the drivers and usually makes for some good racing too. Suzuka is fast, technical and there are some good places to overtake, which to me is what racing should be about.

Q: YOU DESCRIBE IT AS A CHALLENGE; WHAT IS IT THAT REALLY PUSHES YOU IN THE COCKPIT HERE?
KR: It’s a bit of everything really. There are some corners where you are flat out – or very nearly flat out – but then there are others where you really have to balance the braking and throttle carefully to maintain the best speed. If you push too hard then you can easily be punishe

Q: WOULD YOU SAY THIS IS QUITE A SPECIAL VENUE FOR YOU AS A DRIVER?
KR: As a racing circuit it has unique characteristics and belongs in the top three in the world with Spa and Monaco. ... I had a good race at Fuji too. It was that wet race back in 2007 when I came from pretty far back to a podium finish, but Suzuka 2005 is my best memory from Japan. It’s very difficult to say which is your best race – especially if you have won many – but coming from the last row of the grid to take victory at a place like this is one I remember very, very well.

Edited by eronrules, 10 October 2013 - 13:15.

#883 Alburaq

Alburaq

• 1,098 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:11

Korean updates
-modified the shape and the position of the dolphin fins under the nose
-added a(n) aerodynamic bulge between them
-increased the splitter's (tea tray) size and modified it's boomerang-shaped 'support'

Now/before:
http://i57.servimg.c...26/_79p2011.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0u4cYhF.jpg

Before/after:
http://i57.servimg.c...26/79p09910.jpg

Both cars raced those updates

Edited by Alburaq, 10 October 2013 - 12:12.

#884 KimiSolberg

KimiSolberg

• 70 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:23

The rule is you talk about car only. If you have something fun to say, it's probably not allowed.

#885 kimister

kimister

• 952 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 18:28

Lotus has paid their salary debts to Kimi Räikkönen and their factory employees

October 10, 2013

Eric Boullier confirmed on Thursday that all salaries are paid. According to information MTV3 has, Lotus owed Räikkönen about 20 million euros.

Due to the shaky situation many employees have looked for jobs elsewhere.

– Some of them got nervous so it’s clear that the CV:s circulated on the paddock, Boullier said.

– However I keep them up to date almost weekly. I talk with everyone in the factory and they know exactly where we are and they know that I’m not lying to them, Bouillier adds.

Boullier also promises a big announcement. He probably means the finance contract with Infinity Racing.

http://www.mtv3.fi/u...onsa-lotukselta

http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=3120

Edited by kimister, 10 October 2013 - 18:30.

#886 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,224 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 18:42

October 10, 2013

good news.  :up: sometimes i do feel for Eric Boullier, he does his job well regardless of whatever people says about him or his protegee RG  :|

Edited by eronrules, 10 October 2013 - 18:42.

#887 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 18:49

I am earmarking the Indian GP for a win. The tyres are a level softer than last year's. The nature of the track (downforce level) should suit Lotus and the temperatures are never that low there.

Suzuka should also be a good circuit for Lotus. But they need make sure they qualify in top 5.

#888 Miggeex

Miggeex

• 482 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 18:49

http://www.mtv3.fi/u...oh-mitas-luulet

MTV3 asked Kimi if he would follow team-orders if he'd get one in the remaining races. His answer was: "Well, what do you think?"

He also added that he don't believe that there will be team-orders during the rest of the season.

Edited by Miggeex, 10 October 2013 - 18:50.

#889 sneaker91

sneaker91

• 218 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 19:00

Its good to see Lotus hasn't lost their way with transitioning to the lwb.
It looks promising for next year. Hopefully Hulk gets the seat and Lotus can carry on with the same rate of development n results that they have shown this season.
2014 is looks super exciting for me if Hulk gets into Lotus.

Kimi moving to Ferrari has taken some of the fun out of Sundays. The Hulk will bring back the feeling. Maybe even push Grosjean to bigger better things.

Man some people give away their IQs big time. Feel real sorry for your kids if you have any

#890 Artkab2013

Artkab2013

• 233 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 20:39

October 10, 2013

Eric Boullier confirmed on Thursday that all salaries are paid. According to information MTV3 has, Lotus owed Räikkönen about 20 million euros.

– Some of them got nervous so it’s clear that the CV:s circulated on the paddock, Boullier said.

– However I keep them up to date almost weekly. I talk with everyone in the factory and they know exactly where we are and they know that I’m not lying to them, Bouillier adds.

Boullier also promises a big announcement. He probably means the finance contract with Infinity Racing.

Sounds good, but would be even better to hear that from Eric mouth - "We have paid Kimi every cent".

#891 Kimifinfan

Kimifinfan

• 125 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 21:28

Vettel deserves to rank among greats - Raikkonen

ESPN Staff

October 10, 2013

Kimi Raikkonen: "[Sebastian Vettel] doesn't need to win any more races or championships" © Getty Images
Enlarge

Kimi Raikkonen says Sebastian Vettel should be ranked as one of the Formula One greats regardless of what he achieves from now on in his career.

Vettel's recent dominance of the sport led Lewis Hamilton to claim fans are getting bored of one car and driver winning all the time, although he later clarified his comments to call Vettel "a great champion".

Asked if he thinks Vettel ranks with Michael Schumacher and other great drivers, Raikkonen replied: "For sure he is.

"He doesn't need to win any more races or championships and he's achieved a hell of a lot in his career already. For sure he's achieved a lot and he's a very good guy and a good driver as well."

With team-mate Romain Grosjean having been more competitive than Raikkonen in both Singapore and Korea, Raikkonen was asked for his views on his team-mate being good enough to lead Lotus in the future.

"Time will tell. I have no interest to start guessing what will happen to any of us in the future. We will see at some point, but for sure he is a fast driver and he's doing better than he has done before.

"Yes [he's a challenger]; he's been fast but they all are in Formula One."

Edited by Kimifinfan, 10 October 2013 - 21:32.

#892 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,751 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 21:30

October 10, 2013

That's good news. I really hope this team doesn't fall apart due to finances. We need a strong grid.

#893 Smirnov

Smirnov

• 44 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 21:31

1376505_589085297818860_1383756255_n.jpg

A shocking picture - Kimi in the paddok allready on Thursday.

Does Kimi affraid of the diversion and starts check his car allready on Thursday?

Edited by Smirnov, 10 October 2013 - 22:42.

#894 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,553 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 21:44

October 10, 2013

Either the number is wrong or they also had unpaid salaries from a year ago. The season hasn't finished and I don't think he makes more than 15 million per season even with the bonuses so 20 million would mean he hadn't been paid in a while.

#895 jjurado

jjurado

• 65 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 21:52

OMG, guys this is indeed very very weird and shocking, he has never done that, it seems like if he is not sure or seems like he might not trust the team anymore, after all the things that stupid Permane has said I am not even thinking if Lotus could have sent Kimi with a front wing damaged on qualy on porpose, command, please explain to me what top or near top team will send his driver to the track with a front wing damage? they have spare noses, spare front wings, etc. right there, it is very very odd now.  I am starting to hate that ****er of Permane for all his bullshit comments lately.

Does Kimi afraid of the diversion and starts check his car allready on Thursday?

#896 NexusIcon

NexusIcon

• 154 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 22:00

Oh, ffs. Stop being so ridiculous. Kimi is not being sabotaged. Even if Lotus were feeling bitter, and I doubt they are - they're adults after all, they need the constructors points. Third, or even second, is definitely achievable and they'll want to push for that to the very end, with both drivers.

Don't you think it would be incredibly stupid, with so many staff heading to other teams - including the head of Aero, for them to start jerking around with Kimi's car? Especially to the lengths of sending it out deliberately damaged?

Have a word with yourself, fella. You're being daft now... and this is coming from a fan of Kimi's.

Edited by NexusIcon, 10 October 2013 - 22:01.

#897 Pitlane

Pitlane

• 433 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 22:09

His fw broke during q2. He was in the car during the whole session, im sure he would have noticed if someone broke the damn thin infront of him... Shit happens. Geez

#898 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,553 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 22:27

His fw broke during q2. He was in the car during the whole session, im sure he would have noticed if someone broke the damn thin infront of him... Shit happens. Geez

Where did you hear this? 

#899 Pitlane

Pitlane

• 433 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 22:33

I read it somewhere, something about hitting a curb probably. But its the only thing that makes sense really

Edited by Pitlane, 10 October 2013 - 22:49.

Advertisement

#900 Oldie

Oldie

• 88 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 22:47

Does Kimi afraid of the diversion and starts check his car allready on Thursday?

Lol. Most likely because of back to back race, no going home in the between. The usual press day, Thursday, and now someone managed to take picture of him for the first time.