* * * * * 1 votes

SINGTEL SINGAPORE GP Race Thread

• Please log in to reply
784 replies to this topic

#651 Iremos

Iremos

• 116 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 14:55

Bohoo the driver I support can't beat Vettel   :cry:   :cry:   :cry:  Someone call the whaaambulance!

I was surely not the one who was whining about the booing lol. Check reality, mate.

Advertisement

#652 PaulTodd

PaulTodd

• 104 posts

A civilised way of expressing displeasure will have it's eternal place in spectator sports. Let me know if you can think of a better alternative to booing.

Hahaha it does not belong in Formula one. It's been in F1 for a long time I remember Prost in brazil getting a right beat down off the fans. Even one year at Silverstone I spotted a banner with Schumacher's face with a hitler tash on it.

It's a sport so just deal with it. 

#653 Pitlane

Pitlane

• 433 posts

I still fail to see why it so ugly to boo to a driver. Then it also ugly and disrespectful if a MAN UNITED fans boos to a Liverpool team and vice versa?

Yes It is.

Its also very bad manners from them hooligans hitting eachothers.

#654 sheepgobba

sheepgobba

• 1,092 posts

you've never been to a football match have you 

Most footballers get booed for their behaviour and acting like dickheads.

I.e John Terry, Suarez 

#655 Iremos

Iremos

• 116 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 14:56

Yeah, but most of other drivers weren't trying so hard to be likeable. Drivers like Button are naturally likeable, but Seb acts a bit too hard - all the time he was trying to build "i'm a nice,honest and respectful guy and above value sportmanship and fair play" while basically making "I will walk over dead just to win" politics on track. People basically don't like that type of behaviour.

Would you call Montoya a nice guy? Didn't think so. But he never pretended to be nice.

"Hypocrisy" is the word you are searching for.

#656 P123

P123

• 8,154 posts

Not butthurt. Just disappointed in what unpleasent circus these people turn the sport into. I don't remember even Schumacher getting booed every race for performing well and unlike Seb he actualy was involved in some severe scandals and on track antics.

That's true, but he did drive for Ferrari, which has a huge amount of popular support.  And he didn't have to speak to the crowd on the podium either.

I don't see a reason to boo Vettel, but the reaction of the F1 press pack who are competing with each other to portray Vettel as just a tame little puppy can't really be helping either.  Vettel may be universally liked by them, but clearly not by the crowds who attend the races.

#657 regenmeister

regenmeister

• 303 posts

Football fans are idiots and now we have these fans also watching F1 with the same one-eyed hateful mentality that is flourishing in the football world. 

Ok, it's pretty exaggerated, but the problem with moronic fans is just mostly a problem in football and over here it spreads when those fans goes to other sports off the football season. 

#658 PaulTodd

PaulTodd

• 104 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 14:57

you've never been to a football match have you 

I second this

#659 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,644 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 14:57

Bohoo people don't like the driver I support  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  Someone call the whaaambulance!

Have you not noticed that a lot of the people who don't like boo-ing aren't Seb fans?

Some people are fans of the sport, and see boo-ing of the chap that happens to be part of the package doing the best job as poor form - and rather weird. Domination is nothing new in F1 - far from it.

Agree with Benneton192 in referring to the sport at the moment as something of an unpleasant circus.

Also - I can't remember a football match where one set of fans have specifically boo'd the opposing team when collecting a trophy, or after a masterful win. Please point out any examples of one set of fans boo-ing an opposing team (not the opposing fans) after a win. usually football fans are much more likely to boo their own team.

Advertisement

#660 Andrew Hope

Andrew Hope
  • Writer of 2013's Best Opening Post

• 6,983 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 14:58

I'd like to hear all of these people moaning about booing to tell the world with a straight face they've never done anything themselves worthy of getting booed, because I'm pretty sure we've all done at least one thing in our lives where we truly deserved a crowd full of Singapore blokes to boo us. We're just not F1 drivers so it isn't likely to happen. Vettel gets booed because of questionable tactics in the past and the fact his dominance is boring to a lot of people, and maybe he should get booed for it from time to time. Just like maybe I should get booed for sleeping all day and posting on here all night. Maybe you reading this should be getting booed for something. Ever cheated on a girl? Stole five bucks from someone? I'm sure you can think of something. Booing doesn't irritate me as a thing itself. It irritates me because it lets people pretend they shit rainbows for a few minutes and the object of their rage is the worst person to walk the Earth since Hitler. And I've listened to a lot of his speeches. I don't think he ever got booed.

And if you're going to boo, at least boo the right people. If you're pissed at the fact today's F1 race has brought us all 2 hours closer to the day we die and all we saw was Vettel winning again, then surely the logical people to boo are the people who have let Vettel drive circles around the rest of the grid for the last 4 years? Go boo all the old men in France who dream up the regulations that allow for dominance like this if you're so offended. I'd like to see some of the precious cupcakes in here go to a football (American or soccer) match. There is a very important difference between being disrespectful and being hateful. Even if you consider booing disrespectful, fair enough. That doesn't mean people can't do it. How can a forum that makes it a daily mission to piss and moan as much as possible about every dull, boring, dishonest and unfair aspect of Formula 1 get on their high horses and rage at the fans who actually went to the race for voicing their displeasure?

#661 JRUK

JRUK

• 70 posts

Yeah, but most of other drivers weren't trying so hard to be likeable. Drivers like Button are naturally likeable, but Seb acts a bit too hard - all the time he was trying to build "i'm a nice,honest and respectful guy and above value sportmanship and fair play" while basically making "I will walk over dead just to win" politics on track. People basically don't like that type of behaviour.

Would you call Montoya a nice guy? Didn't think so. But he never pretended to be nice.

Because it is impossible to be a nice person off the track while also wanting to win?

#662 joora

joora

• 329 posts

So if you buy a ticket to a movie theater, you can yell and act like a jerk just because you want to? How selfish can some people be.

Function of audience in the move theater: watch and be quiet

Function of audience on the F1 stands: watch and support your favourite team/drivers by means of visual and vocal instruments

conclusion: your argument is invalid.

#663 ZZei

ZZei

• 418 posts

Why are we talking about the booing. What about the great driving showed by the people on the podium.

#664 Iremos

Iremos

• 116 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 14:59

Football fans are idiots and now we have these fans also watching F1 with the same one-eyed hateful mentality that is flourishing in the football world. 

Ok, it's pretty exaggerated, but the problem with moronic fans is just mostly a problem in football and over here it spreads when those fans goes to other sports off the football season. 

Yea sure, blame the fans for not liking Vettel, if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside lol gotta love butthurt Vettel fans. Shows you that not all is about the winning, but also "how" you win, meaning, as what character.

#665 marclaus

marclaus

• 15 posts

why to make so many words about the poor stupid idiots, you will meet them all around the world, unfortunately they also arrived at our sport.

let them do their boo, why to care about the poor in head....

#666 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,644 posts

A civilised way of expressing displeasure will have it's eternal place in spectator sports. Let me know if you can think of a better alternative to booing.

If people really can't be impressed by a display of excellence in the sport they follow, then maybe not cheering.

Or even better, just cheering all the louder for those they do like. Surely positivity is a better way to celebrate the sport than negativity?

#667 PaulTodd

PaulTodd

• 104 posts

When you push for a sport to be as big as it can be this is what you get. You see it in this forum people using full on CAPS just to get a point across, like crazed Justin Bieber fans.

#668 Pitlane

Pitlane

• 433 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:00

Function of audience in the move theater: watch and be quiet

Function of audience on the F1 stands: watch and support your favourite team/drivers by means of visual and vocal instruments

conclusion: your argument is invalid.

Ok, change movie theater to concert arena then.

#669 regenmeister

regenmeister

• 303 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:00

Still the booing only has it's place during a match. Have you ever heard booing at the price ceremony of the World Cup or CL? 

#670 joora

joora

• 329 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:01

Because it is impossible to be a nice person off the track while also wanting to win?

It sure is possible: many drivers are nice off the track, and I think they all want to win. So, if we rule by that logic, Seb is obviously doing something wrong.

#671 kimster89

kimster89

• 617 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:02

I think it also Vettel fault too. He even tries to  magnify his dominance with his finger which i find disrespectful to other competitors and fans. I think he really is a little bit insincere Seb and fans feel that, hence  the gave him the boos

#672 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,553 posts

Yea sure, blame the fans for not liking Vettel. After all, it can't be his personality...

It is an isolated bunch of angry Englishmen traveling around the world on a bus booing him because he is German.

#673 joora

joora

• 329 posts

Ok, change movie theater to concert arena then.

Have you ever been to a concert where a band did a bad/terrible performance or cut the concert too short???

#674 Raziel

Raziel

• 2,080 posts

The crowds are getting more and more pathetic.

Sometimes I want to see Vettel and Red Bull dominating next 5 years just for those idiots! :mad: They hate him because he is young, very fast and smart, an excellent driver, almost 4 times World champion, pathetic! :mad: :drunk: :well:

#675 MichaelPM

MichaelPM

• 2,587 posts

Not butthurt. Just disappointed in what unpleasent circus these people turn the sport into. I don't remember even Schumacher getting booed every race for performing well and unlike Seb he actualy was involved in some severe scandals and on track antics.

Other teams just had to spend more money and resources to catch Ferrari.

These days you have to break resources agreement and the engine homologation rules to produce the same technical advantage that RB is built upon.

#676 Exb

Exb

• 1,168 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:03

Odd race today, came alive after the safety car with the different strategies playing out. With 10 laps to go I was really hoping McLaren might sneek a podium but there tyres just didn't last the distance. Great drives from Fernando and Kimi to get onto the podium but real hard luck for Romain as he would almost certainly have got a podium without the car trouble. Di Resta did well to hold off the Ferrari before the first stop but unless there was a mechanical issue with his car it was a poor way to end.
Red Bull was a different level here - in clear air, the car looks distinctly average when in traffic as Mark is a good driver, and I don't believe Seb is that much better than him, but Seb drove a perfect race and deserves the win here - well done!

#677 Pitlane

Pitlane

• 433 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:03

Have you ever been to a concert where a band did a bad/terrible performance or cut the concert too short???

Did Vettel perfrom bad/terrible?

#678 mardmarium

mardmarium

• 489 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:04

There is a main problem with people booing, on one hand, I completely dislike the booing, Vettel doesn´t deserve that, he is doing what he has to do, impossible to ask him for more. On the other hand, people are free to express their feelings, impossible to prevent them from doing so. Maybe the solution is to avoid these interviews. I am sure that this booing affects Vettel (constantly, GP after GP, in front of him, while he is trying to speak), everybody would be affected due to something like that and frankly, in no way he deserves it. 

#679 bub

bub

• 2,060 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:05

Great job by Alonso to get on the podium, his starts are just ridiculous.
Vettels speed is equally ridiculous, he dominated the race. I like how he played Rosberg at the start.
Great performance by Kimi to get on the podium as well.

Advertisement

#680 sopa

sopa

• 2,845 posts

I guess Vettel stuck in a midfield team would be everybody's darling because of his sense of humor, he is a nice chap. 

I agree. Vettel was viewed as a nice friendly guy in 2008 and actually everyone was happy to see him win at Monza in the wet. it was viewed as a breath of fresh air. He showed finger back then after victory too by the way! But no-one cared.

#681 toroRosso

toroRosso

• 294 posts

These boo'ers are bullies, completely. It saddens me to know that many people like Vettel get this treatment in society in general aswell. I've always thought there's a similarity in Vettels and a mass murderer A.Breiviks persona.

Society needs to find a way to combat these boo'ers, the same people who are resposible for world war II and the current rinse of right wing popularity in every nation on earth. I know who they are and I wish everyone else did aswell, they are what you call "artist souls", they have extremely narrow view on the world and should never be allowed to vote in any elections. They are the extreme muslims radicals, the extreme nazis, they're all the same, creating trouble through time and space.

What I write is not in general knowledge, that's why it's going to be complete bs for many, but please do make some research and you'll find the truth about it

Edited by toroRosso, 22 September 2013 - 15:06.

#682 joora

joora

• 329 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:06

Did Vettel perfrom bad/terrible?

On the driving or personality front?

#683 JohnCooperF1

JohnCooperF1

• 69 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:06

I do not know how many active members there are on this forum but I would be surprised if even one has meet Vettel personally so no one can comment on his personality.

#684 Coops3

Coops3

• 1,578 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:07

I'm a football fan, and I'm definitely an idiot!

#685 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,822 posts

Raikkonen's result was such a fluke. 7th at best this performance was. Meanwhile Grosjean lost a podium due to some unknown problems. Blah, I want my two hours back now.

really, you are so pathetic :down:

#686 Mtom

Mtom

• 283 posts

He wasn't booed for winnig, but for winning in a 2.5 sec faster car...

Thats not racing, its another league. Its like the others start in GP2 cars.

#687 Sin

Sin

• 1,948 posts

disgusted by the booers... happy for Seb

#688 JohnCooperF1

JohnCooperF1

• 69 posts

I do not know how

I think it also Vettel fault too. He even tries to  magnify his dominance with his finger which i find disrespectful to other competitors and fans. I think he really is a little bit insincere Seb and fans feel that, hence  the gave him the boos

many active members there are on this forum but I would be surprised if even one has meet Vettel personally so no one can comment on his personality.

EVERY driver uses the finger... indeed a lot of sportsman use it the more you win the more you are seen using it...

#689 BenettonB192

BenettonB192

• 849 posts

why to make so many words about the poor stupid idiots, you will meet them all around the world, unfortunately they also arrived at our sport.

let them do their boo, why to care about the poor in head....

I care because what comes next? This escalated quickly from some venues to now even races where one would expect a more neutral and less fanatic crowd. So next thing these people will throw bottles on the track or beat up other fans at the races for wearing a wrong cap or t-shirt? i remember most F1 races to be a little more respectful and friendly sporting events then your average football derby.

#690 sheepgobba

sheepgobba

• 1,092 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:08

These boo'ers are bullies, completely. It saddens me to know that many people like Vettel get this treatment in society in general aswell. I've always thought there's a similarity in Vettels and a mass murderer A.Breiviks persona.

Society needs to find a way to combat these boo'ers, the same people who are resposible for world war II and the current rinse of right wing popularity in every nation on earth. I know who they are and I wish everyone else did aswell, they are what you call "artist souls", they have extremely narrow view on the world and should never be allowed to vote in any elections. They are the extreme muslims radicals, the extreme nazis, they're all the same, creating trouble through time and space.

What I write is not in general knowledge, that's why it's going to be complete bs for many, but please do make some research and you'll find the truth about it

It's bit extreme comparing the 'booers' to radicals and nazis though

#691 GuilhermeMach

GuilhermeMach

• 18 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:09

I just love people blaming Seb for not being likeable :rolleyes: It baffles me how these people do not realize how obnoxious they sound judging "Seb fans" by their standards.

Here's the memo: there's not such thing as someone being universally likeable or unlikable. Some hate Seb's personality, some others love it. Change Vettel's name in that sentence to any other driver and it still applies.

#692 joora

joora

• 329 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:10

Sure, your view is faaaar less nazi than of the people you describe...

There is a thing called right of free speech, and btw. comparing the booing of F1 fans to terrorist and nazis... priceless

#693 Neolew

Neolew

• 36 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:11

I think this was the biggest domination i have ever seen from a driver in my 13 years of following of the sport. 2.5s/lap clear of everybody else is spectacular.

Heroic effort from Kimi. It payed off with podium for dealing through the pain.

Replace the word driver with car, Adrian newey designed car and a one driver red bull team is unbeatable.Vettel's dominance? Fernando , Lewis or Kimi would probably be more dominant in the same car....

Don't forget Mark webber's usual mechanical issues, Red bulls number 2 driver is probably a guinea pig at this stage of the season using untested and concept parts which explains why Marks car exploded  a lap from the end and vettel had another race with a reliable car...

#694 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,822 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:11

I don´t understand why people claim he is acting like likeable? he has always been like he is now, he hasnt changed after three titles....there are other drivers who act and lick everything to look nice.

#695 Pitlane

Pitlane

• 433 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:12

On the driving or personality front?

Driving mainly ofourse. Unless you mean you go to a concert for other reasons then the artist performance..

#696 sopa

sopa

• 2,845 posts

He is booed for winning and, of course, because some people really don't know what to do with themselves. Nobody gives a damn about Malaysia 2013, except Webber's fans.

That's correct. Malaysia doesn't matter. Booers don't like winning and his personality. Now it doesn't mean his personality is horrible, because as said other drivers have been doing unsporting stuff and been insincere. Just that the booers don't understand his personality, it is not their taste.

Why didn't people boo at Schumi's time, when he dominated and had been doing unsporting stuff? Who knows, maybe just the F1 fan culture has gone down meantime. I find no other explanation. With the way media and telecommunications have developed, F1 has been brought to every random person instead of enthusiasts in the early days.

#697 SR388

SR388

• 3,774 posts

Why are we talking about the booing. What about the great driving showed by the people on the podium.

I think that shows how interesting F1 is this year, when booing is more hotly debated than the race.

#698 mastermind

mastermind

• 45 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:13

What are you even talking about? They are just an immature bunch of people, that's all. Every fandom has them.

#699 TheUltimateWorrier

TheUltimateWorrier

• 811 posts

LOL Whut! You must be a parody user, surely?  :drunk:

I've always thought there's a similarity in Vettels and a mass murderer A.Breiviks persona.

In what way are Vettel and Breivik alike :confused: ? Well neither of them have a facebook account.

Advertisement

#700 7MGTEsup

7MGTEsup

• 370 posts

I think the internet has turned a lot of people in to complete wankers, they seem to have huge opinions on lots of things and over react to everything. I be a lot of these people wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life if faced with the same situation in a room full of people.

Just my opinion