Photo

That other current racing movie..

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ralf Pickel

Ralf Pickel

• 622 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:34

Now, (almost) everybody is talking about "Rush", but has anybody here seen http://snakeandmongoosemovie.com ?

I know that the fan base for Drag Racing is slightly smaller than for GP etc. on TNF, but I would like like to know how good that movie is.

We probably won´t get it in cinemas in Germany - I would be rather surprised if - but I cannot wait to get the DVD. If it is worth watching, of course.

Advertisement

#2 dwh43scale

dwh43scale

• 457 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 21:12

Not seen it, but hoping it will make it to the UK - most likely on DVD, I guess.

#3 Nick Savage

Nick Savage

• 157 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:09

Ralf,

I am awaiting this movie with anticipation. The great era of quarter mile drag racing. I still have the 'Hot Rod Magazine' from 1963 to 1969 and reading them today is to recapture that Mercury/Gemini/Cape Canaveral feeling that the Americans could do anything they set their mind to.

Have you got the only good previous movie, "Heart Like a Wheel", about Shirley Muldowney and Connie Kalitta , that captures the same drag era pretty well.

Nick

#4 Welby

Welby

• 99 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:51

Saw 'Heart Like a wheel' only last week, good movie considering....

#5 Ralf Pickel

Ralf Pickel

• 622 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:05

Ralf,

I am awaiting this movie with anticipation. The great era of quarter mile drag racing. I still have the 'Hot Rod Magazine' from 1963 to 1969 and reading them today is to recapture that Mercury/Gemini/Cape Canaveral feeling that the Americans could do anything they set their mind to.

Have you got the only good previous movie, "Heart Like a Wheel", about Shirley Muldowney and Connie Kalitta , that captures the same drag era pretty well.

Nick

Yes Nick - fortunately (or should I say surprisingly / strangely ) that was even shown on German TV.

I have been to quite a few NHRA events in the late 80/early 90s and, luckily, quite a few of the old legends have still been active at that time (Kalitta,Muldowney, Snake, McCulloch, Glidden). McEwen did also feature, not competitively, but with his famous (just for show) ´57 Chevy Funny Car. I still have a signed and framed poster of that here.