I'm sorry to break into that imaginary world you're trying to create there, but
- qualifying pace IS NOT race pace
- car advantages differ per track
- Vettel had 10 laps of ~2.5 seconds, not an entire race. better yet, 10 laps in which he was pushing while Alonso was saving tires.
- if a second, or even this so-called 2.5 second difference, is a different championship, where are the Marussia's and Catherhams racing? Is Alonso no better than van der Garde because he drivers a car 3 seconds faster?
2. - that is exactly why I said we can take an avarage difference which can varies from tack to track
3 - 2 in Singapure - If I am not mistaken he has built a gap of somewhat 22 second over around 12 laps over the rest. That is just ridiculous. He pushed for a few laps then he laid down in the cockpit and he was even so giving the rest more then a second. Different league.
4. Exaggeration, man. Just wanted to highlight that there was to wasy for the others to take on the fight against the RB.
1. Yeah, qualy and race pace are different matter, but don't forget your qualy speed can boost your chances massively. If you start further behind you have to take risk al the time, at the start, during the first lap, it not just gives you a handicap for the race in terms of position, but it also forces you to take every inch of risk. Furthermore, if you have at least 8 tenth disadvantage there is just no way to make it up for the race, you can reduce it, but not completely. They usually dominated qualies and had a nice gap over the rest in the race.
+domination:Some seem to forget domination doesn't mean you have to dominate every single race. Even Ferrari was slow or slowish in 2004 or 2002 in a few races despite their OVERALL dominant form. That is the case with RB. They had lot of races in 2010, 2011 and 2012 where they dominated and this year they had a dominant form in Bahrain, Malaysia, Canada, Spa, Monza, Singapure, Korea (yeah, you would now think that wasn't a dominant for, but every single time ROmain closed in the gap, Seb reacted with a fastest time )) That was just kindda theatre, he was just nursing his tyres and Rocky made up stories about overheating brake just to slow Seb down), Japan. Oh, my world, that is more than enough!
Sebastian Vettel-fans just can't cope with others' opinion: nobody wants to dismiss what he has achieved so far, but there is just no point in denying it was just a holiday for him to win those titles cos he had lot of races in those 4 seasons where his car was just dominant, unbeatable und untouchable.