Thought it be fun to see what people thought of this series.
The past two episodes have featured Alain Prost and Eddie Irvine. I think we could have a decent discussion about them. Here are some talking points.
- Was close with Gilles, something I never knew
- Still denies running Senna off in Japan 1989.
- Tripped himself up ever so slightly, he claimed that he started having thoughts about Honda favoring Senna in 1989, this is in contrast to what he told his pal Nigel Roebuck in 1988. Prost also did not touch on his story that a Honda bigwig told him years later that Senna was favored, I thought that would be a perfect time to mention it. Mind you, I have never seen official confirmation of that story from Prost or otherwise, so it could just be invented?
- Claimed Mansell was more interested in golfing rather than being a number 1 driver at Ferrari, I believe Prost on that one.
- Said some really nice things about Senna post-retirement
- Said Rubens was spoiled at Jordan, and had a bad attitude. Wrongly claimed he beat Rubens, which was not true at least in terms of points
- Admitted Schumi was just faster than him, and a better driver
- Is not a fan of DRS and other modern driver aids, says overtaking should be done more on merit
- Says the 3 greats of his generation are Senna, Schumi and Newey
- Made Jaguar out to be a complete clusterfuck.
Both I thought came across really well, and both are worth a watch if you have not seen them yet.
Edited by sennafan24, 26 September 2013 - 12:51.